Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THEY ARE BUILDING A TECHNOLOGICAL PRISON FOR HUMANITY

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Jengelen View Post
    And that is funny isn't it? I mean my wife is the same way. She can't wait to watch a metaphor of the decomposition of society every new episode and then the 'Talking Dead' too which she likes just as much if not more!

Both the shows and others focus on survival! Why we still and will always need guns, why people are the enemy, and posing deep questions about how you would feel about losing all that you love? And what would you do to survive? No one in their right mind would want any of this in reality but they can't stay away from it and in some way must live it even if it is just in the mind but the thing is you know, the mind, the imagination of man is such a powerful tool!

That many minds focused in that exact direction seems somehow, sinister if you stop to dwell on it too much for a spell.

The shows mentioned bothered me from the beginning. Couldn't put my finger on why, but the Dome, and others like them were all the same for me. Promoting these same messages of doom, killing, good people turning bad, bad people turning good only to realize that they still have to be bad just to live and it just rakes on me. Honestly I wonder how my wife watches it or these others.

In some sick way its almost as if these shows are there to try to prepare people for the elite's future experiment to make it real and just turn the cameras then on you.

I type a post and when I click submit using my chromebook it then pops up a question asking me if I want to stay on the page or leave. I click leave it double posts everything in the same post. Not sure why. Click stay it doesn't post at all. What gives?
    Your observation about us always needing guns is so spot on. Even in a show like Supernatural, where they're mostly fighting non-corporeal things, they still have the guns with their special ammo that works on ghosts. So they're shooting at ghosts. And where does all the ammo come from in these dystopic settings? There always seems to be a magical endless supply. In Stargate SG-1 they would go through the gate fully armed every time, including when they went to meet new people (machine guns and stuff). They probably would have been safer wearing masks and filters due to unknown biologicals, but that's neither beautiful or exciting.

How did they have all those guns and ammo in Waterworld?

I have enjoyed the Hunger Games/Divergent/Maze Runner type dystopic movies. But too much attention on something can bring it nearer so I've moved away from that sort of thing, especially on TV.

On another note, I have the 'leave page' issue sometimes. I find that refreshing the page helps.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2017), Aragorn (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), Fred Steeves (26th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), TargeT (29th March 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    My wife and I were Stargate SG1 addicts> I have the complete DVD set and was like hooked on it! But yeah the weapons are key for sure but the way everyone speaks English is even more hilarious no matter how far out there they go! Here lately I've been re-watching old Star Trek Deep Space Nine episodes.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2017), Aragorn (26th March 2017), Dreamtimer (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), PurpleLama (29th March 2017), TargeT (29th March 2017)

Thanks
    DS-9 was good. I watched that one a lot. I really liked Dax and the way they worked out the symbiote relationship.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2017), Aragorn (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), Jengelen (26th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017)

Thanks
    I like the Outer Limits episode you posted, FireHorse.

There was an StarGate SG-1 episode, S07E05 called Revisions, where the team went to a city where everyone was hooked to 'the link'. But their city's dome was failing and the link was sending people unknowingly to their deaths rather than alerting them to the danger. They were not mentally in control but thought they were.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2017), Aragorn (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), Jengelen (26th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), TargeT (29th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    They want to use and control the suits we already have. I think they tell us this repeatedly with the TV shows. Walking Dead, West World and more.

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Please elaborate, I find The Walking Dead the most fascinating series (on many levels!) since LOST.

And that is funny isn't it? I mean my wife is the same way. She can't wait to watch a metaphor of the decomposition of society every new episode and then the 'Talking Dead' too which she likes just as much if not more!

I'm with ya. I think it's more than a metaphor though, actually demonstrating what a post societal world might look like. At that, I think they do an excellent job. But yes I do agree, the zombie meme has certainly become well established, if not almost celebrated in certain quarters. That, I do find troubling...

Interestingly, the CDC put out a whole zombie preparedness pdf. They say it was tongue and cheek to attract a wider audience, but, ya know???...
    https://www.cdc.gov/phpr/documents/zombie_gn_final.pdf

Especially after seeing how certain drugs, can apparently have some very zombie like effects on people. Perhaps some have come across this very real life look alike? Is a virus then really that out of the question?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMJMujPoa4Y

Both the shows and others focus on survival! Why we still and will always need guns, why people are the enemy, and posing deep questions about how you would feel about losing all that you love?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Something very difficult to imagine unless one has actually been there, "do I have what it takes to survive"? I'm one of those people who has done their best to prepare for any given survival scenario, mentally, spiritually, and of course the physical preparations. No, no bomb shelter! LOL

But food stocked up? You bet. Knowing how to grow food and save it? Check. Guns and ammo? Not only to hunt for food, but unfortunately for other people as well, should they decide to swoop in here for a fun little session of rape and pillage.

And what would you do to survive?

Well now that's getting down to the nitty gritty, isn't it? And I think this gets straight to the point of why these shows are so popular, or at least a major reason. How many people actively look deep inside themselves, to discover if they are prepared to kill, or be killed? Or another one: Can you still be a good guy, while also being a killer?

The shows I feel can act as a running simulation to help explore our dark side, what we would or wouldn't do, but without any real danger. Like the Star Trek holodeck.

No one in their right mind would want any of this in reality but they can't stay away from it and in some way must live it even if it is just in the mind but the thing is you know, the mind, the imagination of man is such a powerful tool!

That many minds focused in that exact direction seems somehow, sinister if you stop to dwell on it too much for a spell.

I concur in spades, and that is a concern for me. Sadly I think few people consider this nebulous aspect, that too much mass focus can actually help focus said event into manifestation. I see this same thing in Alt Media and it concerns me there too, when people en masse get all hyper focused about this or that. WW3, end of the world, economic collapse, a savior, and on and on and on.

The shows mentioned bothered me from the beginning. Couldn't put my finger on why, but the Dome, and others like them were all the same for me. Promoting these same messages of doom, killing, good people turning bad, bad people turning good only to realize that they still have to be bad just to live and it just rakes on me. Honestly I wonder how my wife watches it or these others.

I never thought my wife would take to The Walking Dead in a million years, but take to it she did. Interesting that when I ask her if she would be a survivor, the answer is no, she thinks she would get killed off pretty quickly. I think I have what it takes, but there is also a very big element of luck involved as well.

I don't really see it as all doom, not any more since they have gotten their s**t back together enough to start trying to rebuild some semblance of society again.

Good people turning bad, bad people turning good? I that goes right back to people being people, doing what they feel they have to do in the moment. Basic human psychology. Don't we see this same dynamic around us in real life?

Hell man to some people I'm the "bad" guy, to some the "good" guy. As Mr. Spock would say: "Fascinating Captain"...

In some sick way its almost as if these shows are there to try to prepare people for the elite's future experiment to make it real and just turn the cameras then on you.

In a world of infinite possibility, this is certainly more than just any old run of the mill possibility. Duly noted.

I appreciate your obviously well thought out opines on this subject. Please note that I am not arguing anything here, just offering my own.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2017), Aragorn (26th March 2017), Dreamtimer (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), Jengelen (26th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), Myst (26th March 2017)

Thanks
    Does anyone remember the Coast to Coast interview with William Henry Jan. 2016 posted here at TOT? Title was The Skingularity about a technological skin coming in the future. Check this out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...skin-feel.html

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2017), Aragorn (26th March 2017), Dreamtimer (27th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), Jengelen (26th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Have come to the discussion after it has been developed and I want to join in and share two modes of thought.

1. The television/movies that have been mentioned - I find it good practice to watch it once then maybe a second time. By the second/third time I am entering my Critical Thinking as I watch with a deeper intent than purely entertainment/beam ray technology mind control. As an example: I watched the entire Hunger Games Series - found it quite disturbing and still do however once I move into my Critical Thinking I start to see/watch/notice on a deeper level. The scene where the main characters are being paraded down the wide avenue - there are drums beating. When I watched it for the third/fourth time I noted what I was sensing. The beating of the drums opens with the cabal/illuminati/whatever handshake. The three taps - only it has been disguised within the initial timing of the drum rhythm. If you are not musical it would go un-noticed.

All entertainment is beam ray technology and has a message of sorts. I found while watching the Warehouse 13 Series that the messages were all over each episode. They are also ALL practicing, at some level the chromakey/codachrome/greenscreen techniques. Each show is practicing and honing the skills - so as to meet a certain standard I expect. Just sharing my thoughts. People will start noticing certain items as they are ready. As an example I recall quite clearly working with the Two Ronnies - when I was in my twenties. We were in a television studio but there was a green sheet behind us - a huge one. I had no knowledge of the technology but I did note what was happening around me - now that I am in the awakened state it all makes perfect sense to me.

2. I have mentioned this before and I will mention it again. If for any reason the internet was shut down or shut off or disconnected or whatever - I have had it explained to me by a Computer Expert/Computer Scientist that it would be as simple as setting up an Intranet in a town. Once the Intranet was up and running, as they say, it would then be a matter of connecting to the next town and so on and so forth. Loads of people/scientists have the knowledge that Mr Tesla left us - so accessing naturally occurring energy sources would be relatively easy. Yes - No???

I am enjoying reading through this thread - Thank You everyone for stimulating my thinking. I think that whatever is being/has been created - can be un-created or at the least circumvented. We can have a better and fairer and healthier life than we currently have - I know it in my bones.

Much Peace & Much Respect - As we seek knowledge of all there is to know - Amanda

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th March 2017), Aragorn (28th March 2017), Dreamtimer (28th March 2017), Elen (28th March 2017), Herbert (29th March 2017), Jengelen (28th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), Myst (28th March 2017), TargeT (29th March 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Have come to the discussion after it has been developed and I want to join in and share two modes of thought.

1. The television/movies that have been mentioned - I find it good practice to watch it once then maybe a second time. By the second/third time I am entering my Critical Thinking as I watch with a deeper intent than purely entertainment/beam ray technology mind control. As an example: I watched the entire Hunger Games Series - found it quite disturbing and still do however once I move into my Critical Thinking I start to see/watch/notice on a deeper level. The scene where the main characters are being paraded down the wide avenue - there are drums beating. When I watched it for the third/fourth time I noted what I was sensing. The beating of the drums opens with the cabal/illuminati/whatever handshake. The three taps - only it has been disguised within the initial timing of the drum rhythm. If you are not musical it would go un-noticed.
    I find movies fascinating, but not for their "plot" or visual effects anymore... now I can't help but look for the symbolism, it's always there (and usually obvious), that and being familiar with the "hero's journey" and how archetypal most "plots" are has somewhat ruined media consumption for me. However, I know I'm just barely stretching the surface and your musical reference is a great example.

There's several youtube videos I highly enjoy watching that cover symbolism of movies and similarities between them... but they are generally produced by one individual, I wonder how much more could be pulled out of these information rich "entertainment" videos.

2. I have mentioned this before and I will mention it again. If for any reason the internet was shut down or shut off or disconnected or whatever - I have had it explained to me by a Computer Expert/Computer Scientist that it would be as simple as setting up an Intranet in a town. Once the Intranet was up and running, as they say, it would then be a matter of connecting to the next town and so on and so forth. Loads of people/scientists have the knowledge that Mr Tesla left us - so accessing naturally occurring energy sources would be relatively easy. Yes - No???
    I'm an IT guy professionally (why do i lead with appeal to authority? well we are used to it, that's why.. haha) it would be very very difficult to "shut down" the internet, nearly impossible really since it's a distributed network with very few centralized pieces. The current, biggest weakness is DNS who controls it.

DNS is like a rolladex for the internet, it ties names (www.google.com) to IP's (176.45.21.199) and if that is compromised most internet users will not know how to access any site that the name to number translation is removed for (this is how a lot of governments try to censor the internet). Anyway, it's a complex topic.. so in short:

the internet won't ever go away, there will be attempts to censor (if you use www.google.com you already surf a censored internet, which is worse IMO because people don't even know they are being restricted from accessing certain things... info gate keepers and the like have been terrible for western society already & I expect this trend to intensify). "Fake news" is a censorship tactic, so is "hate speech" and the like & in some countries they trying for legal backing.

I think that whatever is being/has been created - can be un-created or at the least circumvented. We can have a better and fairer and healthier life than we currently have - I know it in my bones.
    This is my feeling as well, but I also feel like I'm looking at something I don't understand yet.. I understand that there is symbolism and hidden messages / concepts, but that's about it; I think that needs to be improved on some how and probably in some sort of collaborative effort (so people like your self can be brought in to notice the musical aspect etc...)

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2017), Aragorn (29th March 2017), Dreamtimer (29th March 2017), Elen (30th March 2017), Jengelen (29th March 2017), modwiz (31st March 2017), Myst (29th March 2017), PurpleLama (29th March 2017), sandy (30th March 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    TargeT - please know that I have on my 'drawing board' what I refer to as a Floating Curriculum. I only use the word curriculum as a reference not necessarily because I like the term. It will be a program of learning and it will definitely include methods of learning and research - that will factor in all to which you and others refer above.

I have set myself a huge task and I have fought to retain my Teaching registration. I think that as long as people have support for proper critical research - anything to do with understanding and rising out of a technological prison - becomes a reality. Yes???

Much Peace & Much Respect - Amanda

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2017), Aragorn (31st March 2017), Dreamtimer (31st March 2017), modwiz (31st March 2017), TargeT (31st March 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    TargeT - please know that I have on my 'drawing board' what I refer to as a Floating Curriculum. I only use the word curriculum as a reference not necessarily because I like the term. It will be a program of learning and it will definitely include methods of learning and research - that will factor in all to which you and others refer above.
    Question everything, always.

Dunno if I coined that or not, but that is what I try to default to.

Are you saying that you are "Building" a curriculum for others or designing one for your self?

I have set myself a huge task and I have fought to retain my Teaching registration. I think that as long as people have support for proper critical research - anything to do with understanding and rising out of a technological prison - becomes a reality. Yes???

Much Peace & Much Respect - Amanda
    Comprehending is always key, the more that is known the better; I do agree that if people as a whole had more knowledge "we" would all be better off. But we are forced through 12+ years of public education, basically hammering home a subtle lesson that "learning" is negative, authority figures, rules, restrictions... all from strangers... I don't know how we got to this place but it seems to be that learning is "beaten" out of the young for the most part.

I guess I'm trying to say this: getting people motivated to self educate (and by that, I mean to go out and seek, then "buckle down" and wade through the entire topic and it's relative tangents) is very difficult, you have a struggle a head of you

But I do think that is a part of the solution.

This helped me immensely:
    www.triviumeducation.com

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st March 2017), Aragorn (31st March 2017), Dreamtimer (31st March 2017), Elen (31st March 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    Herbert said:

My first concern is that being afraid of technology is going to make people feel sick and crazy as at the moment we cannot avoid it. So really it is useless to focus on the horror. It is much more helpful to plan how to get around and stop using it.

In general I think the issue is being used by technology, not using technology. And also as far as Transhumanism, even eyeglasses and contacts augment so COULD technically be transhuman.

I never used a smart phone. Where I live we have "Dollar General" stores where I buy my $15.00 dollar phones which I may lose or wash. Once I washed this flip phone and it survived! I do have home wifi and a laptop that I bought from Ebay.

Concerns I have:
    1. The EMFs. Now, the roll out of 5G with unknown health effects does concern me.... I'd give up cell phones pretty easily.

2. The addiction to devices. I do have home wifi and am somewhat internet (information) addicted. It would be really hard to give up my level of access to info.

This makes it easy for me to see the adiction issue for those with smart phone access to contact and info. I think people would feel just terribly bereft if suddenly off grid. So, what can we DO to change the source "sense of connection"? This is a focus rather than fear.

With cyberhacking tools, the internet could be taken down by zealots against technology. They would think they are doing us a favor.

Imagine if we suddenly had no internet........
    (Take some time to think about what it WILL be like if we do lose it?
    I love technology as a tool. My internet addiction comes from finding information and like-minded friends for the first time in my life. I shudder to think of the confined box I lived in before the internet existed. If the internet goes down at least I had the experience of a great expansion and knowing of what is going on in the world. Those of us who lived most of our lives without it could readjust. The issue with technology is that it is capable of being used for control. I don't think it is anywhere near that level...yet...but is going in that direction and generation Z is their target. Generation Z will be more dependent on technology and therefore more controllable. Agenda 21 (year 2100) gives them plenty of time to implement a technological takeover. It will be interesting to see how humanity will react and how they will deal with those who revolt.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (31st March 2017), Dreamtimer (31st March 2017), Elen (31st March 2017), Herbert (1st April 2017), Maggie (3rd April 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017), sandy (1st April 2017), TargeT (31st March 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    TargeT - The work on my 'drawing board' is one that can be shared. It will be a program for anyone. The reason I chose the word 'floating' is a reference to where a Student enters the program. A Student can enter the program with the subject to which they have an affinity/interest/passion and then work through the other subjects. Anyone who needs support with their literacy skills will start there and then when their literacy skills are proficient - they can enter the 'floating' curriculum wherever best suits them ....

I hope that clarifies what I am doing. It was an idea that I have had for a long time and then I was approached by Parents who did not want to vaccinate. Here in Australia not vaccinating a Child can result in not being accepted at any school - sooooo... here we are with me developing a learning and teaching program.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

NB: I do not have a smartphone - just a free one from the telephone company. I use it for calls and texts only. I also do not have a flat screen television and the only reason I have a notebook/lap top is due to a friend buying me one. Keep in mind my new notebook/lap top can only be used for the worldwideweb in a location that provides me with free wi-fi. I am definitely not a person who 'buys' into the technological prison that is the topic of this thread. I am connected - as fairly well everyone is - but I do try to keep my life simple. As a Child Abuse Whistleblower I have been destroyed financially and I mean completely - so - in a way the Universe has provided me with a focus that I might not have had otherwise. Who knows? Someone does - they always do.
    Last edited by Amanda, 3rd April 2017 at 01:04.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), Herbert (3rd April 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017), sandy (3rd April 2017), TargeT (3rd April 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thought I would add the below link - as a wonderful example of how neuro linguistic programming is beamed out via the spoken word. Our beloved George Carlin is no longer with us in person but thank the Universe that his legacy of wit and wisdom is still available to us. The Technological Prison that is the substance of this thread - is not only constructed via appliances but primarily via our language. The short video clip attached to this post is an above excellent example of neuro linguistic programming - explained and hopefully acting as a trigger for those who may still be in the sleeper mode.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN2bvfJvdyE

Thank you George Carlin for being a bright light in a dark place.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda
    Last edited by Aragorn, 3rd April 2017 at 02:48. Reason: fixed your video link ;)

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017), sandy (3rd April 2017), TargeT (3rd April 2017)

Thanks

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Elen (4th April 2017), Jengelen (4th April 2017), modwiz (4th April 2017), sandy (4th April 2017), TargeT (4th April 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    I'm trying to think of what baubbles I could hang from my antenna just to spruce it up a bit should I live long enough to get one!! Interesting video at the bottom of article....

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th April 2017), Dreamtimer (4th April 2017), Elen (4th April 2017), Jengelen (4th April 2017), modwiz (4th April 2017), TargeT (4th April 2017)