Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Songs Sung For The Mystery

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Besides contemporary music I love VERY much J.S. Bach and Amadeus Mozart. When I was young that was all I was listening to, and it has never gotten out of fashion. If you want to I can share some of that too...?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st February 2017), Dreamtimer (21st February 2017), Maggie (21st February 2017), modwiz (20th February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Besides contemporary music I love VERY much J.S. Bach and Amadeus Mozart. When I was young that was all I was listening to, and it has never gotten out of fashion. If you want to I can share some of that too...?
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st February 2017), Dreamtimer (25th February 2017), Elen (21st February 2017), Maggie (21st February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thank you, thank you modwiz. I've used this as an excuse to do nothing but listen to Bach for the whole hour which I really enjoyed!

I'll share this one with you:

Mischa Maisky plays Bach Cello Suite No.1 in G (full)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st February 2017), Dreamtimer (21st February 2017), Maggie (21st February 2017), modwiz (21st February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks

Tina Turner Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu x4 times

Love Tina Turner's powerful voice in the mix...

Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu
    Sarvesham Shantir Bhavatu
    Sarvesham Purnam Bhavatu
    Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavatu

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st February 2017), Dreamtimer (21st February 2017), Maggie (21st February 2017), modwiz (21st February 2017), Myst (22nd February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Love Tina Turner's powerful voice in the mix...

Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu
    Sarvesham Shantir Bhavatu
    Sarvesham Purnam Bhavatu
    Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavatu
    Thanks DreamTimer, Elen Modwiz and Aragorn for your presence and song.
    The suggestion of Mozart and the Bach are appreciated as well as Tina Turner and the children.
    This is my favorite Tina Turner song done awesomely ....grand dancing TOO.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuO_8VlYAfk

Out of the ruins
    Out from the wreckage
    Can't make the same mistake this time
    We are the children
    The last generation
    We are the ones they left behind
    And I wonder when we are ever gonna change it
    Living under the fear till nothing else remains

We don't need another hero
    We don't need to know the way home
    All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome

Looking for something we can rely on
    There's got to be something better out there
    Love and compassion, their day is coming
    All else are castles built in the air
    And I wonder when we are ever gonna change it
    Living under the fear till nothing else remains
    All the children say

We don't need another hero
    We don't need to know the way home
    All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome

What do we do with our lives
    We leave only a mark
    Will our story shine like a life
    Or end in the dark
    Give it all or nothing
    Last edited by Maggie, 21st February 2017 at 23:23.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd February 2017), Elen (22nd February 2017), modwiz (21st February 2017), Myst (22nd February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd February 2017), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2017), Elen (22nd February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    I had completely forgotten about Tina's great song "We don't need another Hero". And I have not been aware of the cozy bonding music of the South. Thanks Maggie it brings in another dimension of how the simple small things are turning great. Much that I love classical music, I often wonder how the musicians come across as being so "trained" that they are stuck in that mode, unable to take off on their own...and indeed..."Fly away".

But it's all good, we are on our way to somewhere...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd February 2017), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2017), Maggie (22nd February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Last edited by Myst, 12th January 2018 at 01:13. Reason: replaced video

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Myst For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd February 2017), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2017), Elen (22nd February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thanks for sharing all this wonderful music.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd February 2017), Elen (22nd February 2017), Maggie (23rd February 2017), Myst (22nd February 2017), RealityCreation (22nd February 2017)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post

I like to meditate with Snatum Kaur...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYivP3gedCo
    So do I Maggie! RaMaDaSa is my favorite also I only discovered her last year.

My other favorite is Deva Premal and Miten - Gaytri Mantra. They do a couple of versions of this mantra which I like depending upon the mood I am in.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2017), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2017), Elen (23rd February 2017), Maggie (22nd February 2017), Myst (23rd February 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by RealityCreation View Post

My other favorite is Deva Premal and Miten - Gaytri Mantra.

August 13, 2005 at daybreak, my beloved husband breathed one last time,
    I gathered my belongings and drove home from the hospital, not caring about his body.
    I was HAPPY elevated, energized delighted .....
    For weeks I was high and was not alone or sad.
    I had a Deva Premal CD with this mantra and I played it over and over and over and over (skipping back to this one mantra).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3SMGqQeveo

I sometimes felt such ecstasy and this mantra was so satisfying to hear and try to repeat (but the words were really hard to recall).
    Later,
    I grieved many events like the failure to continue his business, and my personal character flaws alone (hehe) but NEVER a "loss" of Greg because he was alive. i knew in MY body he was just absent, away , going purposefully on his own way (like when my ancestors left beloveds in Ireland for instance. they left knowing never to return. Those left behind feelingh so poignant a hole in the fabric of homes). My love is always still alive but no phone service and I accept it just is that way. I think this "allowing" to be left behind is not really loss (maybe argued against by the self desire for company in body?) and is true for forever love.

Later Carol Clark (learned about her form PA) did a reading for me. With no clue she said a person wished me to know that dying was very hard but death was a mystical experience. I had already known part of me was lifted with Greg and I WAS there for a really long time in earth days and weeks.

Stanzas with meaning
    Meanings of the words
    Om, Bhur, Bhuvah, Svah
    [Ultimate reality, in which physical, astral and causal worlds exist]

Om: The sacred word, word of creation, first word, word of god; (Equivalent of Holy Ghost in trinity) usually used at the beginning of a hymn;
    Bhur: The physical plane of existence (which is of the nature of 5 elements)
    Bhuvah: The astral plane of existence (which is of the nature of subtle elements)
    Svah: The causal plane or celestial plane (plane where the existence is as subtle as ideas or notions, from which creation happens).

Tát savitúr váreṇyaṃ
    [That is the supreme reality from which creation happens, and it is the foremost]
    Tat: That, God, (Equivalent of son, in the Christian Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Ghost)
    Savitúr : Source of all, creation, supreme reality, Divine illumination (of goddess Savitri or Shakti)
    Váreṇyaṃ: the foremost, fit to be worshiped, deserving oblations

Bhárgo devásya dhīmahi
    [O divine effulgence we meditate upon you]
    Bhárgo: Great spiritual effulgence, Radiant one, one who illumines all
    Devásya: Godly, divine reality, of divinity, Virtuous and joyous
    Dhīmahi: We meditate on you; Dhee=intellect; Thus Dhimahi means we focus our intellect on you

Dhíyo yó naḥ pracodáyāt
    [propel our knowledge of the supreme reality]
    Dhíyo: Intellect, intelligence, reasoning and discriminating faculty which is a tool for attaining higher wisdom
    Yo: Who, One is who being prayed, You (supreme one)
    Nah: Our (intellect)
    pracodáyāt: Stimulate, Propel towards the higher reality

Translations by famous people
    Sir William Jones 1807 Let us adore the supremacy of that divine sun, the god-head who illuminates all, who recreates all, from whom all proceed, to whom all must return, whom we invoke to direct our understandings aright in our progress toward his holy seat

William Quan Judge 1893 Unveil, O Thou who givest sustenance to the Universe, from whom all proceed, to whom all must return, that face of the True Sun now hidden by a vase of golden light, that we may see the truth and do our whole duty on our journey to thy sacred seat

Sivanath Sastri (Brahmo Samaj) 1911 We meditate on the worshipable power and glory of Him who has created the earth, the nether world and the heavens (i.e. the universe), and who directs our understanding

Swami Vivekananda 1915 We meditate on the glory of that Being who has produced this universe; may He enlighten our minds

S. Radhakrishnan 1953 We meditate on the adorable glory of the radiant sun; may he inspire our intelligence

I. K. Taimni We meditate upon the Divine Light of that adorable Sun of Spiritual Consciousness, which stimulates our power of spiritual perception; May It open our hearts and enlighten our Intellect.

Swami Srikantananda O Effulgent, Infinite, Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent being, bless me with Right Understanding and Clarity of Thinking
    And since I am thinking of that time, I recall the songs we had at the Memorial for Greg's mysterious passage

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MD7f1MsGs

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFlCExyLaq0

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfwlj0gba_k
    Last edited by Maggie, 23rd February 2017 at 02:13.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2017), Dreamtimer (25th February 2017), Elen (23rd February 2017), Myst (23rd February 2017)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    August 13, 2005 at daybreak, my beloved husband breathed one last time,
    I gathered my belongings and drove home from the hospital, not caring about his body.
    I was HAPPY elevated, energized delighted .....
    For weeks I was high and was not alone or sad.
    I had a Deva Premal CD with this mantra and I played it over and over and over and over (skipping back to this one mantra).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3SMGqQeveo

I've also listened to a Gayatri Mantra on a repeatable loop with Deva Premal. There is one on Youtube that goes for 6 hours if I remember correctly. Most of the time I tend to prefer the slower versions myself as I really like to feel into it & breathe in synch
    with it, but they are all great.

When I first came across Deva Premal singing/chanting it I intuitively felt that the Gayatri Mantra entrains heart coherence (and I believe RaMaSaDa does as well).

Some time later I came across this

Published on 22 Feb 2014
    From the album The Essence by Deva Premal, details here: http://bit.ly/1mjrgHq. The Gayatri Mantra is said to be the oldest and most powerful of mantras, purifying the person chanting it as well as the listener. Now the science of Cymatics reveals the beautiful, transformational patterns that these ancient sounds create when passed through water.
    As cymatologist Evan Grant notes, "Sound does have form and we have seen that it can affect matter and cause form within matter."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjiWYPPe9A

Deva Premal and Miten: The Gayatri Mantra Made Visible

Another of my favorites

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usJl7oiZPnc

LOKAH SAMASTAH SUKHINO BHAVANTHU”

I grieved many events like the failure to continue his business, and my personal character flaws alone (hehe) but NEVER a "loss" of Greg because he was alive. i knew in MY body he was just absent, away , going purposefully on his own way (like when my ancestors left beloveds in Ireland for instance. they left knowing never to return. Those left behind feelingh so poignant a hole in the fabric of homes). My love is always still alive but no phone service and I accept it just is that way. I think this "allowing" to be left behind is not really loss (maybe argued against by the self desire for company in body?) and is true for forever love.

Later Carol Clark (learned about her form PA) did a reading for me. With no clue she said a person wished me to know that dying was very hard but death was a mystical experience. I had already known part of me was lifted with Greg and I WAS there for a really long time in earth days and weeks.
    Thanks for sharing Maggie....it is very empowering and freeing when we can have a perception such as yours. I used to have a really hard time with death and funerals etc until I came to the recognition of my Self as an eternal being & that others by definition are also.

My grandmother & my mother both died of cancer and I was very close to both of them. My next door neighbour & one 3 houses away (age 38) from me also died of cancer.
    At that stage I was still in the paradigm of 'death is final & nothing is beyond that ". I found attending funerals overwhelming, intensely emotional & very painful.
    Even when I didn't know the person well I would feel overwhelmed and struggle to hold back my emotions and made all the more difficult because one of my anathemas was revealing my emotions in public.

I realised later when I first began my personal development road & researching energy and healing modalities etc that I was sensitive to feeling other people's energies, thoughts and feelings,
    so I suddenly understood why I had such a hard time dealing with death and funerals back then.

I've been meaning to read The After Life of Billy Fingers by Annie Kagan ever since it came out & finally got around to it last week (downloaded the kindle version from Amazon) & can recommend it if you haven't come across it.

Her writing of her brother's journey, as described by him, including the holographic images, really meshed well with my own understanding of there being different stages and experiences & "places to go" that we experience as our greater Selves after exiting the stage here & and tallies with what you were told was a mystical experience.

http://www.afterlifeofbillyfingers.com

Annie Kagan, a chiropractor and songwriter living in Manhattan, abandoned her hectic city life in search of serenity in a small, secluded house by the bay.

When her brother Billy died unexpectedly and began speaking to her from the afterlife, Annie agreed to accompany him on his journey through the mysteries of death. As Billy reaches from the “other side” to change his sister’s life and the lives of those around her, he shares secrets about the bliss and wonder to come in the afterlife.

The fascinating, true story of her on-going, after death communication with her brother Billy is recounted in her debut book: The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad Boy Brother Proved to Me There is Life After Death
    Last edited by RealityCreation, 23rd February 2017 at 02:41.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2017), Dreamtimer (25th February 2017), Elen (23rd February 2017), Myst (23rd February 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by RealityCreation View Post
    I've also listened to a Gayatri Mantra on a repeatable loop with Deva Premal. There is one on Youtube that goes for 6 hours if I remember correctly. Most of the time I tend to prefer the slower versions myself as I really like to feel into it & breathe in synch
    with it, but they are all great.

When I first came across Deva Premal singing/chanting it I intuitively felt that the Gayatri Mantra entrains heart coherence (and I believe RaMaSaDa does as well).

Some time later I came across this

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjiWYPPe9A

Deva Premal and Miten: The Gayatri Mantra Made Visible

I realised later when I first began my personal development road & researching energy and healing modalities etc that I was sensitive to feeling other people's energies, thoughts and feelings,
    so I suddenly understood why I had such a hard time dealing with death and funerals back then.

I've been meaning to read The After Life of Billy Fingers by Annie Kagan ever since it came out & finally got around to it last week (downloaded the kindle version from Amazon) & can recommend it if you haven't come across it.

Her writing of her brother's journey, as described by him, including the holographic images, really meshed well with my own understanding of there being different stages and experiences & "places to go" that we experience as our greater Selves after exiting the stage here & and tallies with what you were told was a mystical experience.

http://www.afterlifeofbillyfingers.com
    Being an empath would make it excruciating to experience the grief that people may feel about death.
    That cymatic of the Gayatri Mantra ..... so powerful.
    Thanks you so much for your sharing and Others shares too!!
    Feeling reverence, feeling deep loamy down in the center of my being love, Maggie

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2017), Dreamtimer (25th February 2017), Elen (23rd February 2017), Myst (23rd February 2017), RealityCreation (23rd February 2017)

Thanks
    I remember Sunday nights when this radio program played on the classical station
    Journey Through the Hearts of Space
    "Safe journeys, space fans... wherever you are."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pKhK6gKZ8M

GURUMANDER SINGH - BLUE STAR
    JEAN-MICHEL JARRE - EQUINOXE (Part 5), OXYGENE (Part 5)
    WENDY CARLOS - Brandenberg Concerto No.1, Adagio
    TOMASO ALBINONI - Adagio in G Minor for Strings and Organ
    JEAN PIERRE ALARCEN - Tableau No.1 1st movement (part)
    VANGELIS - 'LA FETE SAUVAGE' soundtrack (part)/ 'IGNACIO' soundtrack (part)
    GURUMANDER SINGH - BLUE STAR (part)

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2017), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2017), Elen (23rd February 2017), Myst (23rd February 2017), RealityCreation (23rd February 2017)

Thanks
    Robinson Jeffers and Una Jeffers were grand lovers to study. They had such deep lives together....... huge in the most minute ways....which seems to me the best we can really embrace in a life.

Robinson Jeffers is my favorite poet.

Inscription For A Gravestone - Poem by Robinson Jeffers

I am not dead, I have only become inhuman:
    That is to say,
    Undressed myself of laughable prides and infirmities,
    But not as a man
    Undresses to creep into bed, but like an athlete
    Stripping for the race.
    The delicate ravel of nerves that made me a measurer
    Of certain fictions
    Called good and evil; that made me contract with pain
    And expand with pleasure;
    Fussily adjusted like a little electroscope:
    That's gone, it is true;
    (I never miss it; if the universe does,
    How easily replaced!)
    But all the rest is heightened, widened, set free.
    I admired the beauty
    While I was human, now I am part of the beauty.
    I wander in the air,
    Being mostly gas and water, and flow in the ocean;
    Touch you and Asia
    At the same moment; have a hand in the sunrises
    And the glow of this grass.
    I left the light precipitate of ashes to earth
    For a love-token.
    Robinson Jeffers
    ROBINSON JEFFERS (1887 - 1962)
    "I believe that the Universe is one being, all its parts are different expressions of the same energy, and they are all in communication with each other, therefore parts of one organic whole. (This is physics, I believe, as well as religion.) The parts change and pass, or die, people and races and rocks and stars, none of them seems to me important in itself, but only the whole. This whole is in all its parts so beautiful, and is felt by me to be so intensely in earnest, that I am compelled to love it and to think of it as divine."[1]

At the height of popularity, Robinson Jeffers appeared on the cover of Time's April 4, 1932 edition. But his opposition to US entry into WW II diminished his favorability. Critical supporters like Kenneth Rexroth also turned against him after the publication of, The Double Axe and Other poems in 1948. [2]

Robinson Jeffers was born January 10, 1887 in Alleghaney, Pennsylvania. His father, William Hamilton Jeffers, a biblical scholar and Presbyterian minister, tutored Robinson (named John at birth) in Greek and Latin. He attended school throughout Europe due to his family's travels. Jeffers wrote and submitted poetry to many publications in College. [3]

A few years after marrying, Jeffers settled in Carmel with his wife, Una Call Kuster. There, Jeffers enjoyed solitude and became known as an outdoorsman. With the help of a local builder, Jeffers constructed "Tor House and Hawk Tower," the granite home where he would settle with Una.

Jeffers developed a philosophy he called Inhumanism, "a shifting of emphasis and significance from man to not-man; the rejection of human solipsism and recognition of the transhuman magnificence. It seems time that our race began to think as an adult does, rather than like an egocentric baby or insane person. This manner of thought and feeling is neither misanthropic nor pessimist, though two or three people have said so and may again. It involves no falsehoods, and is a means of maintaining sanity in slippery times; it has objective truth and human value. It offers a reasonable detachment as rule of conduct, instead of love, hate and envy. It neutralizes fanaticism and wild hopes; but it provides magnificence for the religious instinct, and satisfies our need to admire greatness and rejoice in beauty." [4]

Jefffers ends his poem, Credo, with these lines:

The beauty of things was born before eyes and sufficient to itself; the heartbreaking beauty
    Will remain when there is no hear to break for it. [5]

Robinson Jeffers died January 20, 1962.http://www.robinsonjeffersassociatio...ers/biography/
    Una Jeffers
    Edith Greenan was seventeen when her husband-to-be took her to meet his first wife, Una, who had since married the poet Robinson Jeffers. Though "panic-stricken," Greenan tells us, "I wanted to meet her more than anyone else in the world." The meeting was to have a lasting effect upon her life. Writes Greenan in the memoir she composed several years later, "As the evening passed I watched and listened to Una with a sudden deep emotion. I already adored her. She was the most alluring, unstudied woman I ever met." The two became close friends almost at once, and how lucky for fans of the poet that they did. Greenan's engaging memoir illuminates aspects of the Jeffers' life together we might not otherwise know.

The book delights with its details. Una was a woman who "would roar like a lion" while taking her cold bath each morning, and she possessed a voracious appetite for life's beauty: "…she would look out the window—then, enraptured by the flash of a blue jay's wing or the beauty of the pine trees, she would bring that beauty into the room and give it to us." She knew the names of all the wildflowers and most of the birds that lived near their home, Tor House, and adored English bulldogs and Irish poets. According to Greenan, "There is probably no living person today who knows Yeats' works as Una does."https://www.csuchico.edu/pub/inside/...op_story2.html

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECWwtzvySLs

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtspPR2OAbE
    Last edited by Maggie, 24th February 2017 at 19:02.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2017), Dreamtimer (25th February 2017), Elen (25th February 2017), Myst (24th February 2017)