Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan Experience

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (19th February 2022), Gio (23rd January 2022)

Thanks
    Strange times cnn etc verse Rogan etc and purrfect

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (19th February 2022)

Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Joe's not doing such a good job of correcting himself, but he sure loves to ride others' asses. I have yet to regret the fact that I stopped listening to him early in 2020. He's just gone further and further down the path he's on.

Sam Seder thinks he's in over his head.

And Joe is now Spotify's liability as well. Assets can become liabilities. Time will tell.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), donk (21st February 2022), Emil El Zapato (4th February 2022), Gio (10th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,376 Times in 7,425 Posts

Question

Apparently Joe's a political hybrid ...

Canceling Joe Rogan will backfire on
    Democrats

By Adriana Cohen

“To err is human; to forgive, divine,” said Alexander Pope in 1711. Those wise words are something every American ought to consider now, three centuries later, before attempting to “cancel” others, ruining lives, careers and reputations, for speech and behavior deemed offensive.

In his poem “An Essay on Criticism, Part II,” the English poet explains that anyone can make a mistake — we’re all imperfect — yet at these moments of human frailty, we should show mercy and aspire to forgive sinners as God would do. Hence, in an age of censorship, political correctness and “wokeness” run amok, it is imperative that we have a national conversation about what’s acceptable speech, what is not and whether we want to live in a country that practices forgiveness — or not.

Which brings me to Joe Rogan, who’s in hot water for ignorantly saying racial slurs in the past during his podcast, prompting calls he be removed from Spotify, the streaming platform that hosts him.

In an Instagram video released Friday, Rogan apologized profusely and said he’s not a racist. “I’m making this video to talk about the most regretful and shameful thing that I’ve ever had to talk about publicly. There’s a video that’s out that’s a compilation of me saying the N-word. It’s a video that’s made of clips taken out of context of me of 12 years of conversations on my podcast, and it’s all smushed together. And it looks f–king horrible, even to me,” Rogan said.

The host provided context for his use of the offensive word, explaining that he said it on air a long time ago when discussing “how times have changed so much since then, or about how Richard Pryor used it as one of the titles of one of his albums, or I was quoting a Lenny Bruce bit, or I was quoting a Paul Mooney bit, or I was talking about how Quentin Tarantino used it repeatedly in ‘Pulp Fiction.’” He said, “For years I used it in that manner. I never used it to be racist because I am not racist.”

Given Rogan’s sincere apology for his repugnant use of that word, will Americans forgive the comedian and give him a second chance? Or will Democrats use his offensive speech from years ago as a pretext to “cancel” him? Liberals ought to tread carefully here because if they don’t accept Rogan’s apology for wrongfully using racist slurs, they will be exposed as politically biased hypocrites for giving a pass to a plethora of high-profile Democrats who are guilty of similar offensive speech or behavior.

Start with President Joe Biden, who said the N-word multiple times during a Senate hearing while a US senator. “Joe Biden quoted the N-word 13 times during hearings in 1985, according to Senate transcripts,” reported the UK Sun in July 2020. “The racial slur was used as the presumptive Democratic nominee was quoting someone during congressional hearings.” You can watch the C-SPAN video here, beginning at the 17:00 time mark. Of course, Biden could have refrained from saying the offensive slur and instead said “N-word” or “racial expletive” in lieu of the racially insensitive slur, out of respect for the black community — but he did not.

So why does a Democratic politician get a pass but not Rogan? It’s important to note that Rogan is just an entertainer who has zero control over our lives, but that’s not the case with Biden, who is president of the United States and exerts enormous power and influence over our collective lives. He should be held to a higher standard than a comedian, not a lower one.

Then there’s Democratic Mayor Eric Adams, who apologized Friday after a damning video surfaced of him using a racist slur against white cops. At an event held by a Harlem business group in 2019, Adams said, “I mean, every day in the police department, I kicked those crackers’ a–.” If there’s a zero-tolerance policy today from the “cancel culture” mob for racial slurs, when does he resign?

Same with TV and radio hosts who’ve donned blackface over the years. This includes Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Howard Stern, who also used the N-word multiple times in a 1993 New Year’s Eve skit — just to name a few offenders. If we live in a culture that values fairness and “equity,” that means if Rogan ultimately gets booted from airwaves, so should similar transgressors. And yes, that includes Madonna, who used a racial slur in a 2014 social media post. “I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N word on Instagram,” the singer wrote on her Facebook page.

But that’s not all. In 2020, the lifestyle site Cafe Mom published an eye-wincing list of dozens of lefty Hollywood celebrities using racial slurs too lengthy to publish here. When do they lose their jobs, get banished from social media and get otherwise “canceled”?

Bottom line: We can’t have a just society if we selectively punish one person or group for offensive speech and behavior but not another based on their political views or affiliation. That’s wrong, unfair and extremely divisive, which will further divide our fractured nation. Americans should practice forgiveness or implement one set of “rules” that apply to all.

Source NYPost
    Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), Dreamtimer (11th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2022), modwiz (12th February 2022)

Thanks
    Who's being cancelled? More hyperbole. Joe has millions of viewers and a huge offer to go to Rumble. And his you tube videos are still there.

But folks need to capitalize on the 'cancel culture' nonsense. If a person can't yell fire in a theater, they're being cancelled.

And Trump has now said that Joe is weak for apologizing. Just like the old days of Gingrich. "Don't apologize. It's weak! Double down!" And blame the Democrats for your bad behavior. That's the ticket.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), donk (12th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2022), Gio (12th February 2022)

Thanks
    "Don't apologize. It's weak! Double down!"

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), Dreamtimer (16th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2022)

Thanks
    I wasn't giving you advice, Gio. Your post was quite helpful.

I was ranting over the excuses being made using cancel culture. And I've already proffered an analysis on the Cancel Culture thread. However, I fear it's just too addicting. When you can cry 'cancel culture' you don't have to take responsibility for what you said or its consequences. It's out of hand.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), donk (21st February 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2022), Gio (16th February 2022)

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I wasn't giving you advice, Gio. Your post was quite helpful.

I was ranting over the excuses being made using cancel culture. And I've already proffered an analysis on the Cancel Culture thread. However, I fear it's just too addicting. When you can cry 'cancel culture' you don't have to take responsibility for what you said or its consequences. It's out of hand.
    Just picking fun with you Dreamtimer ...
    And i totally agree with you on this.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), donk (21st February 2022), Dreamtimer (19th February 2022), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,178 Times in 11,953 Posts
    My take on the Joe Rogan thing.

He's an equal opportunity, opportunity giver. He'll swing with the wind in any direction his guests are swinging. For a person in his position, there is nothing wrong with that, at least he has for the most part a very pleasant personality, something completely lacking in that well-dressed guttersnipe Bill Maher. Rogan like most celebrity personalities is a salesman, sales mean money. Ok, cool. He screwed up when he started doing civil damage that potentially could cause lives. There are those that won't tolerate that level of irresponsibility, likely including myself, but I'm just me and no one is going to give a damn what I think, feel, or say. So he's underfire, bleeding a little and that brings out the sharks that enhance their careers and finances by eating people when they are down. Period, any opening will do. It was very unfortunate for Rogan that he had all that baggage in his past. He's a comedian, but certainly, his personality is that of the 'go with the flow' guy. If his guests are getting giggles from using the N'word he's going to jump right in and get his shots in too. Personality, yes ... heavy thinker, perhaps not.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 17th February 2022 at 15:39.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), Dreamtimer (19th February 2022), Gio (17th February 2022)

Thanks
    He screwed up when he started doing civil damage that potentially could cause lives.
    You hit the nail on the head. Joe has been able to slip by on You Tube. But going to Spotify put a certain kind of Spot light on him which he wasn't ready for. He was riding high and forgot that the more you are in the public eye, the more you will be scrutinized.

Looking into a person's past is old-school tactics. It's been around for a long time. Now it's super easy to delve into someone's past with social media and so much 'in the record'. Back in my day it was hidden cameras and video recorders. Now it's just phones. Anyone in big media has lawyers and spokespeople for these kinds of reasons. Joe's got plenty of dough. He has access to plenty of good advice should he choose it.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), donk (21st February 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,178 Times in 11,953 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Hey Aianawa, you know what alt-right is to me? At least in the U.S. alt-right is a codeword for Libertarian. Which again, in the U.S. means selfish nasties with a lean toward racism. They are very impressed with themselves. I'll never understand why. They suck! Like the jackass in the video (Tim Pool).
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), donk (21st February 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Right on chuckie, and to DT, Sam may have even said, but Hassan Piker was more clear how he went from dude smoking weed with homeys, people loved it, those friends started more and more turning into divorce court dads (gateway to libertarianism), then he started doing with more celebs…and open libertarian dipshits like Poole and Jordan Petersen and those creepy brothers I am forgetting their names. He never opposes any point of view any of guests ever have, and never has guests he disagrees with.

He used to say what a dummy he is all the time…he may still do it but he has actively chosen to stay that way. If he wasn’t such a moron, he’d follow more of Howard Stern selling out path, than the ridiculous he’s chosen. Only one that’s going to “cancel” him is his own stupidity and arrogance. The worst “skeleton in his closet” is out (his n-bomb compilation) and nothing will happen to him. He can probably ride his current path, but that’s just gonna be answering to people questioning what he chooses to transmit…like Stern, so many people think he’s “a great interviewer” and continue to love him for whatever the hell he is. He ain’t getting canceled by “capital” any time soon
    Last edited by donk, 21st February 2022 at 22:30.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2022)

Thanks
    Joe was a good interviewer. He seems to have let certain ego buttons get pushed and stopped his old style of interviewing and choosing guests. But for me, as I've already said, he got dangerously stupid early in 2020 about Covid and I just stopped. That crap becomes dangerous. And lo did we see the holy kitchen sink remedy.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2022), Gio (22nd February 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    Hey Aianawa, you know what alt-right is to me? At least in the U.S. alt-right is a codeword for Libertarian. Which again, in the U.S. means selfish nasties with a lean toward racism. They are very impressed with themselves. I'll never understand why. They suck! Like the jackass in the video (Tim Pool).
    Hiya Chuckie BobNap , though i cannot hold your mirror, i indeed allow you space to see yourself and thankfullll to you for the effort.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (23rd February 2022), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2022)