Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avalon Files

Retired Member Ireland
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 263 Posts
    Yeah I apologise also as im part to blame for going off topic, sorry fred, i have been dormant for a while, not posting but i have been here reading, just had to make a quick point as i felt it was necessary, sorry again

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarahdita85 For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2017), Dreamtimer (16th January 2017), Elen (17th January 2017), Fred Steeves (17th January 2017), Gio (16th January 2017), heyokah (18th January 2017), modwiz (16th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sarahdita85 View Post
    Yeah I apologise also as im part to blame for going off topic, sorry fred, i have been dormant for a while, not posting but i have been here reading, just had to make a quick point as i felt it was necessary, sorry again
    Had to thank your post despite my wanting to stay out of things.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2017), Dreamtimer (16th January 2017), Elen (17th January 2017), Gio (16th January 2017), sarahdita85 (16th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,990 Times in 2,602 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sarahdita85 View Post
    No worries dear lady. Actually, people like SP are very much relevant to the topic, as is your experience. It's all related, and what this crowd does is to both promote and defend each other at every opportunity. Ethics are irrelevant (despite incessant claims of impeccable integrity), all that matters is that the carousel keeps turning to the music.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 17th January 2017 at 13:55.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2017), Gio (17th January 2017), sarahdita85 (17th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Some morning coffee reflections on my postings here:

Modwiz points out that the thread has veered from what Fred's original intent was, to point to resources that exist that show various perspectives on the "history of Avalon".

Not only did expect (and actively contribute to) what many consider "going off topic" when I saw it, I fully expected nearly every element that appeared:

-people that felt abused sharing their "truths"
    -pokes directly at Bill
    -defensive reactions to the above
    -people talking about how distasteful it is to talk about all of this

It happens every time...the strongest personal attachments are triggered and the "polarizations" starts rolling full swing. I've been trying to have an "adult" version of this conversation for years...that's one of the things I was alluding to in mentioning my "being wrong", there's no reason to suggest I can ever help make that happen.

So I use the platform to voice what I've learned that seems to be the underlying problem, and realized that those that agree that overall agree it is the biggie (abuse cycle--whether it's BR/PA or its productions doing the abusing, or people abusing PA/BR with their "attacks/truths"), there's some great examples here of how the issue doesn't just have a black and white perspective on it...there's actually three:
    -the abuser is the biggest part of the problem
    -the victim is most responsible for the problem
    -the enablers are the most responsible for the biggest part of the problem

People get upset when I call this an offshoot of PA. But the truth is, PA was the connection for most of us, and I think the spirit of PA, what we believed it to be (and were greatly disappointed to find out it wasn't exactly what it says it tries to be) connects all of us here--including those that were never on Bill's forum.

We want a place for uncensored unridiculed unattached conversation about things we can't talk about elsewhere. A place to share perspectives on the stuff we find important. Any place that shares those original ideals becomes a lot of things on a lot of different levels, whether it was intended or not. The OP speaks directly to the ones that were created specifically in reaction of "wanting a 'real' Avalon" as Maggie brilliantly describes, and felt strongly that not only does PA not provide, it is deceptively undermining ever being able to get there.

I worked pretty hard (for a keyboard warrior) to try to point out my perspective directly to Bill...he wasn't buying it. I went around him and tried to get some support or at least a little agreement/affirmation the whole time after identified what I thought was the problem...with mixed results. I bounced around those forums Fred mentions and got lots of good data, new insights, and perspectives I hadn't considered. While I was doing that, I was actually posting with the few similarly interested/minded talkative people that wanted to try to work it out...understand more thoroughly what was actually going on.

This place, here, was the one I found that out of all the ones I went to actually just tried to be what Bill said PA was supposed to be. I didn't expect perfection in either, but I did expect membership at PA to be able to get through to its leadership better when they found in self reflection that as a community it wasn't any different than any other "civilized" one...the stuff I mentioned before, that I brought to Bill, then the forum, then else where in an attempt to hash out.

In my hashing...I couldn't find anything to show my perspective was incorrect, and when Bill started demonstrating even worse behavior: using his forum membership against his wife in a "personal issue" the more mature felt it was ok/better to stay out of...I couldn't reconcile the cognitive dissonance it'd require me to continue my participating...became insufferable in my delivery having decided I was WRONG...I was never going to be the change I hoped to see, and just created scenarios that I felt exposed leadership (which included the "prominent posters", the great enablers), until they decided "their hands were tied" and had to kick me off.

My journey there evolved from a full-fledged believer that it was THE place where real change was most likely to catlyze, where I acted the "savior" to try to root out the deception, and learned (THERE) that the real change starts within. I believe a lot of the offshoot reactionary forums were formed for people trying to continue that journey, and part of that process is working out the personal issues and real healing of any traumas. Different people do this in different way, and that is what shapes the overall tone of any of those places.

And I think that each individual's expressions of their working out is completely ON TOPIC and we need to honestly face any emotion that any others' view triggers in us.

I think the election is such a great analogy for this. I want nothing to do with voting and to be able to not get emotionally attached to any of the personalities involved. I feel the roots of the activity are corrupted to the point that participating is a hypocracy, empowering something for the "good" it does while excusing the unpleasant abuses. I thought that making PA an agent of real change and different thinking was as much a part of what it is as voting is supposed to be empowerment and choice for the people. I was wrong.

So I sit, detached as I can be, and point out my perspectives from the outside...aka CRITICIZE. I trust most my own personal experiences, but even those are negotioable--I try not to get attached to my perspectives. But I put them out there, like I have always done...which I have always found helpful to me. I am continually trying to grow, to find ways to get more valuable, practical feedback.

And maybe therein lies the real problem: I assumed that what was forums, places in this format, were for. To accept "alternative" points of view from all directions, to share as many as could be put out there and hash them out until some Truth emerged. Maybe the problem is I am alone in thinking this. That seems apparent from the loops that very few others seem to want to break. Most (vocal) people are more interested in being "right" than thinking differently.

This morning I thought differently about the "prodigal son" analogy I projected on to DNA and SH. When I used it early, I left out the fact there were TWO sons...and perhaps I misassigned the parallels. The dudes that left PA and came never really left the family...their departure never really marked a changing in mindset, they just left for a bit and didn't find the grass to be any greener...their home was the best and they'd stay there appreciate the good while excusing/justifying anything anyone else thought was "bad". The analogy couldn't work because the "father" of the parable represented unconditional love and the freedom to be he gave his boys to be...and I don't think that is what either of them actually walked away from.

This is why I respect malc, and why I think he more closely captures the spirit of avalon...he does what I felt would have made PA better: Admits when he is wrong, and tries to learn from mistakes by acting. Listens to people that look to him as leader/owner, and tries to adjust accordingly. I know that any problem I had with him stemmed from me thinking he was not doing this (these types of threads used to be quickly moved behind the curtain and usually locked), and I have watched him "walk his walk" of growing through the years.

My cat hops up to occupy the space between my hands and the keyboard, I guess that's my message from the universe to stop my morning musing. But the main point I wanted to make is this: the "history of Avalon" is a unique piece of (some of our) shared reality, and each person's piece is as important as anyone else's IMO. It's a lot of things to a lot of people...and the surface reality that drew most in: the disclosure of individuals sharing their anolomous experiences that we might see similarities or interest in...is being exposed to be perceived filled more with deception than the truth we originally came seeking.

For a lot of the us, discussion of the videos Kerry and Bill made were the key to creating a community where very diverse individual came together enjoying the "protection" Bill afforded from the vulgarities of the wild Wild West that is the world wide web, but the rigid structure or the ego of the "master" or an emotional trigger or whatever (I think these are good, important things to talk about...others disagree)...made it unpleasant for us, so we left (or were booted). I think it is really important to point out abuses one discovers there, as it is to do so in any situation.

Defending Bill and excusing bad behavior should be mutually exclusively though...we understand the character he portrays is a good (if imperfect) human, and it takes more evidence than just he provides to be able to determine his true character. Blantant attack mode or immature jokes/mocking/memes is not helpful though. I do my best to try to be an example. I ain't perfect, nor do i expect you to be...I'm just telling (the proverbial) you how I found that abuse cycle cannot be broken without addressing the enabling that perpetuates it.

....maybe your wandering the "alternative forum diaspora" lead you different conclusions? I'd especially like to hear, particularly if your journey took you through Avalon and beyond...
    Last edited by donk, 17th January 2017 at 14:50.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2017), Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Fred Steeves (17th January 2017), Gio (17th January 2017), sandy (18th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts

Lightbulb

I just wanted to reply — and offer clarification — to this one little snippet from what I find an excellent post by our brother donk...

Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    People get upset when I call this an offshoot of PA.
    Well, yes and no. You are overlooking a very, very small nuance to our reaction, and one which makes a world of difference.

Right now, here-above, you call The One Truth an offshoot of Project Avalon. And that, it is, yes. Just as with the Free/Libre & Open Source Software development model, if at a given point in time, some of the developers on the team feel that the project they're working on is evolving into a direction that they don't want it to go — whether it's the software itself or whether it's a change in the software license — then the code gets forked. Given that it is Free/Libre & Open Source Software, doing so is perfectly legal.

An example of this would for instance be what happened with the OpenOffice productivity software and the OpenSolaris operating system, the development of which had been sponsored by Sun Microsystems. For the more or less IT-savvy among you, Solaris and OpenSolaris are direct descendants of System V UNIX. OpenSolaris was developed by the community with funds from Sun Microsystems and was thus a little more "cutting edge" in features than Solaris proper, which was the "stabilized" version. When the code base of OpenSolaris had been sufficiently stabilized, Sun would sell it as the next release of the commercial-only and (from that point on) proprietary Solaris, while the OpenSolaris developers kept on working on the next stabilization cycle as an open source operating system.

So far so good, but then Sun Microsystems was acquired by Oracle, and Oracle immediately nuked the sponsorship of OpenSolaris and forbade anyone from using the trademarked Solaris name, because that was now "their intellectual property" — the proponents of Free/Libre & Open Source Software prefer calling that "imaginary property".

And so what happened was that the OpenSolaris developers took the code they had already developed and continued working on it under a new name, IllumOS — no, it has nothing to do with the Illuminati, but with a wink at Sun Microsystems, given that the predecessor to Solaris was called SunOS. And because of the fear that Oracle would also nuke the sponsoring of the development of OpenOffice, the OpenOffice developers decided to fork the code base and create LibreOffice.

The bottom line: this is what we call a fork, and you may think of that as an offshoot. And in that sense, The One Truth is, indeed, an offshoot of what Project Avalon was supposed to have been but never really was. And we'll admit that, yes, because it's the truth.

So what was it then that we were objecting against, you ask? Well, it's all in the words. Here-above, you are calling The One Truth an offshoot of Project Avalon, and that is correct. But what you said earlier was that The One Truth would have been an extension of Project Avalon, and that has an entirely different meaning, because then you're basically saying that The One Truth would have been Bill Ryan's backyard and that he has some sort of authority over us. Which is most definitely not the case.

I know I'm probably not going to sound impartial now, but in all honesty and in my personal opinion, I think that The One Truth is much more mature than Project Avalon, both in the way we run it, and in what gets posted here. If I look at the highlighted threads — or even just the most recent threads — at Project Avalon's front page, then what I see is a lot of woo-woo, unnecessary paranoia and lots of other inaccurate assumptions from people who don't really know what they're talking about.

To me, they represent the most immature stage of truth-seeking, i.e. the phase that people who are only just starting to wake up go through, where they reject with prejudice anything at all from the mainstream news and see conspiracies and/or divine intervention behind everything. The One Truth has gone through such a phase as well, and not just after it had just been created, but even well into 2015, courtesy of a number of irrational and badly informed (now former) members.

At present time, The One Truth is quite mature. The average member here knows that the mainstream media are to be taken with a spoonful of salt, but they are skeptical enough and have a fairly good sense of discernment. It is not unlikely that this is one of the lessons we've all learned in the aftermath of the Corey and Shane episodes. But we have learned, and in a much shorter time than Project Avalon, because they're still stuck in their immature phase, while at the same time their forum is already much older than ours.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that, and I realize that my opinion may be biased because I'm an administrator here, but that's how I see it. As they say, your mileage may vary.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Gio (17th January 2017), sandy (18th January 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    because they're still stuck in their immature phase, while at the same time their forum is already much older than ours.
    Stuck, or being kept that way on purpose? Round and round and round we go, where she stops same old same old.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th January 2017), Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Gio (17th January 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Stuck, or being kept that way on purpose? Round and round and round we go, where she stops same old same old.
    Well, it's probably a little bit of both.

All things considered, Bill Ryan is an information broker. Either he himself releases information which has come to him from the list of contacts that he built up while he was still working with Kerry Cassidy, or he promotes someone who has only appeared on the scene after Bill and Kerry went their separate ways — i.e. Stephen "Charles"/"Atticus" Hodges, Inelia Benz, Simon Parkes, Corey Goode, Shane "The Ruiner" Bales, and so on. In the end, the member donations are what keeps Project Avalon operational and The Hat Man™ well fed.

On the other hand, Bill Ryan also has his own woo-woo factor and his own belief systems, the most important of which is probably the fact that he's a Scientologist. So he too is obviously stuck in esoteric beliefs and woo-woo, and I don't think that he would be open-minded enough to abandon those belief systems. Sure, he may have changing opinions on the future of mankind, et al. This is only normal, because more and more information comes to the surface with the passing of time. For instance, many old predictions have in the meantime turned out false — the 2012 phenomenon being one of them — and so we all adjust our views. But in my opinion, Bill Ryan's belief in (and adherence to) Scientology is something that will probably never change.

Another aspect which may also be important here is the fact that Project Avalon is so much bigger than The One Truth. They've got about ten times as many members as we do. As such, there is somewhat of an industrialized department store feel to Project Avalon, whereas The One Truth is more of a boutique thing.

At least, that's my opinion.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Fred Steeves (17th January 2017), Gio (17th January 2017)

Thanks
    All things considered, Bill Ryan is an information broker. Either he himself releases information which has come to him from the list of contacts that he built up while he was still working with Kerry Cassidy,
    It's a strong hunch of mine that there was never much in the way of building up contacts, rather that the interviewees/contacts from Project Camelot were already lined up at the door when the dynamic duo got together (or was it more like an arranged marriage?). This would be a great question for a PA member to ask Bill, just how did so many amazing people fall into your lap so quickly, anxious to tell their top secret stories like you are the modern day Edward R. Murrow?

This is where my hunch comes in. Bill splashed onto the Alt Media scene out of seemingly nowhere in late 2005, with the Procect Serpo disclosures he had received from a supposed deep and mysterious insider referring to themselves as "Anonymous". Actually it wasn't out of nowhere, as Bill himself tells he had somehow been placed into an email chat type group, chock full of all manner of amazing high level insider type people. IIRC there were/is astronauts, spooks, high level military, big ufo people, physicists, etc. "Anonymous" contacted him from that group concerning the (supposed) planet Serpo and the (supposed) alien/astronaut exchange program, wanting to initiate Disclosure. Well to make a long story short, didn't take long for some researchers to catch on to all types of red flags with the story, and then come to find out it was very likely an ex spook named Richard Doty, a friend of Bill's, who was feeding him this "information".

As an aside, isn't it interesting that Richard Doty is also touted as the one most responsible for the MJ 12 releases?

Anyway, it makes sense to me that Doty was from this original email group, and that the sudden onslaught of big time insiders suddenly wanting to be interviewed, hailed from this group as well. The Serpo releases quickly became a joke in most serious quarters of the UFO community, an obvious disinformation campaign in which Bill gleefully initiated and fanned the flames (similar to "Charles/Atticus a few short years later), yet the high level insiders just kept popping out of the woodwork, making themselves readily available for Project Camelot's cameras *no matter* the stench from Serpo's waning credibility. How convenient... Is that how real life works, or perhaps that sounds a little too good to be true?

I also strongly suspect that many of the same people from this email group (besides PC's interviews), are many of the same highly respected Alt Media experts still telling us, to this very day, what's really going on out there. I think you would surely recognize many of the names. It wouldn't mean they are always wrong or full of shit, hell no, some of these really are serious brilliant people. What it would mean, is that we are drip by drip being steered in a certain desired direction.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th January 2017), Biff (18th January 2017), Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Gio (18th January 2017), sandy (18th January 2017), zendeavor (19th January 2017)

Thanks
    It's a strong hunch of mine that there was never much in the way of building up contacts, rather that the interviewees/contacts from Project Camelot were already lined up at the door when the dynamic duo got together (or was it more like an arranged marriage?).
    That is certainly an interesting idea to ponder.

This would be a great question for a PA member to ask Bill, just how did so many amazing people fall into your lap so quickly, anxious to tell their top secret stories like you are the modern day Edward R. Murrow?
    Well, apart from the (legitimate or illegitimate) Grey Eminences™ of the so-called "alternative community" — people like Bob Dean, Clifford Stone (whom I consider legitimate), Joseph P. Farrell (whom I don't trust), David "Let's talk about my willy" Wilcock, Bill "I am the new Messiah" Deagle, David Icke, et al — there is also the whole gamut of attention seekers, who may or may not have an ulterior agenda, as well as that there will of course also be a few disinformation agents.

One such attention seeker who springs to mind right away as I'm writing this — albeit that I can name quite a few others as well — would be Bill "Wood" Brockbrader, who lured Kerry Cassidy into doing an interview with him because he supposedly had information on the alleged Project Looking Glass. What was really going on there was a US military guy — possibly (but not necessarily) US Navy — who was facing statutory rape charges (*), and who was seeking to escape a prison sentence by making himself into an "alternative community" celebrity with the unwitting help of Kerry Cassidy.

(*) According to Brockbrader, the girl was 16 at the time of their sexual relationship, but as it turned out later, she was actually only 12 years old at the time. That's not just statutory rape. That's pedophilia.

Kerry's interview of the guy was about 2 hours and 30 minutes long, and only in the last 15 minutes did the guy actually talk about the alleged Project Looking Glass. He didn't even have all too much to say about it, but he knew that he wouldn't have been able to score an interview with Kerry without bringing something like that into the mix — it's the only kind of thing that she's actually interested in, and if you really want her eyes to go all starry, then all you have to do is drop the word "Annunaki".

Anyway, everything else Brockbrader said in that interview was about (true or false) covert US military operations that had allegedly been going on in Iraq, Yemen and other Middle-Eastern countries since the early 1990s, and how the guy knew all about that because he was supposedly a Navy SEAL and just as supposedly he had to guide the cruise missiles onto their targets with a laptop computer.

Maybe that was all true and maybe it wasn't. But the point is that the guy had misled Kerry Cassidy in order to score an interview with her, in the hope that it would somehow protect him from having to go to jail. Kerry's gullibility has attracted many other such wannabe-celebrities in the meantime, and continues to do so to this present day.

Given how the information — true or false — is all out there now, anyone could pick up on what some earlier interviewee or alleged whistleblower has said, and then add their own spin to that story. It's like you're looking to write a novel, but instead of coming up with a story of your own, you just pick out a few legends and conspiracy theories, and you weave them together. Anyone with a bit of imagination can do it.

On the other hand, there most certainly are deliberate disinformation agents at large, and Project Camelot has certainly interviewed its fair share of those as well. And it's not all disinformation that these people then reveal before the camera either. That's just what makes it so diabolical: they mix the truth with lies. I consider Daniel "Burisch" Craine such a disinformation agent. Yes, he was/is an insider. Yes, some of the things he said were true. But there were just as many lies woven into his story as there was truth to it.

This is where my hunch comes in. Bill splashed onto the Alt Media scene out of seemingly nowhere in late 2005, with the Procect Serpo disclosures he had received from a supposed deep and mysterious insider referring to themselves as "Anonymous".

[...]

I also strongly suspect that many of the same people from this email group (besides PC's interviews), are many of the same highly respected Alt Media experts still telling us, to this very day, what's really going on out there. I think you would surely recognize many of the names. It wouldn't mean they are always wrong or full of shit, hell no, some of these really are serious brilliant people. What it would mean, is that we are drip by drip being steered in a certain desired direction.
    I'm not so sure whether "steered" would be the right word. "Led by the nose" and "positioned to chase our own tails" sounds more accurate to me. Case in point: too many of these "information sources" are contradicting each other.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Fred Steeves (18th January 2017), Gio (18th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,060 Times in 7,319 Posts

Question

Yes, Joseph P. Farrell - while a highly intelligent (and entertaining) scholarly (type) writer,
    I am beginning to suspect he's loving his (alternative community) celebrity a bit too much.

Men with Hats ...
    I call him the new 'Marlboro' man.

giggle

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th January 2017), Dreamtimer (18th January 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Yes, Joseph P. Farrell - while a highly intelligent (and entertaining) scholarly (type) writer,
    I am beginning to suspect he's loving his (alternative community) celebrity a bit too much.
    As you can read here, Joseph P. Farrell was supposed to do an interview with The One Truth in November 2015. Our former colleague bsbray, who himself has a very strong interest in historical research, contacted Mr. Farrell in August 2015 about doing an interview, and he tentatively agreed.

However, after bsbray had explained to Joseph Farrell what The One Truth is and what kind of subjects we commonly discuss here, Mr. Farrell appeared very suspicious of The One Truth — while he is undoubtedly very familiar with Project Avalon and Project Camelot, given that he has already been interviewed by Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy. He wanted to know if we are "a religious organization", which is another strange question, given that Mr. Farrell has a degree in Christian Science, indicating that he himself would be a religious person.

bsbray then again explained to Mr. Farrell that The One Truth is a forum and that spirituality is one of the umbrella topics up for discussion here, but that it is certainly not the only one, and that The One Truth as a whole does not adhere to any specific religions or other spiritual convictions. Mr. Farrell then agreed to do the interview with us after his return from a conference on the Secret Space Program. Everything in his last e-mail to bsbray suggests that he had added it to his agenda.

He never got back to us. Rule #1 in the handbook of the narcissist: "Never offer yourself up for anything. Let them come to you instead, and let them beg."

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

donk (18th January 2017), Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Gio (18th January 2017)

Thanks
    I think realtionships are the most important thing. Not just with each other, but our relationship to the information we consume. This is where I ran into irreconcible with Bill

I KNEW that his honest feelings and experiences with David Wilcock would shed much needed light on the gaps in the story of the rise of the GoodET, and got emotionally attached to the idea that he SHOULD agree

He didn't, apparently nothing about their relationship mattered. Corey "emerged" on to the scene in a sort of vacuum, and chose to go under DW's wing for reasons...nothing else mattered and nothing could be learned from it

Besides the character issues that a lot of people attribute to being human and forgive and forget cuz no one's perfect, I believe that this is the pattern that is of concern to those like myself that try to be "serious researchers". Even if you can detach from the person he is and just look at the data he presents, he repeatedly brings incredible stories from people with anomalous experiences...which I guess is what the majority of the people want

More than the "information" these people bring, I wanted to know more about how this is coming into our awareness. The complaint of the disclosure people is that there's never any evidence, mine is that there never seems to be a coherent story as to how it became disclosed

Again, Corey is the hardest to reconcile example, a regular poster we were told to pretend to not know (much like the marriage to Christine). I guess they needed some faux air of secrecy to be created as if BR was somehow protecting him

Inelia was the cover girl when I first found PA, but she hadn't posted in so long I never found a word from her. The Charles thing (not to mention Serpo) was not only left with more questions than answers...it seemed "impolite" for a newcomer to dare ask any

I guess I expected the founder of a truth/conspiracy/disclosure community to provide more transparency and share all of his experiences, and found what I perceived to be someone who preferred to play cards tightly and whether intentionally or not cause more intrigue than he resolved

So I guess pointing this out, as well as sharing actual experiences with him I feel expose more of character than he's publicly willing to show, could be seen as me being in the "throwing him under the bus" club. But I realize I'm more disappointed in the vocal folks that are quicker to excuse what I consider his shirking the responsibility of the position he has or the role he plays than they are to hold him accountable for engaging in the behavior they criticize in others

An abuser is gonna abuse. A victim is gonna be a victim. Only by getting as much of the entire picture as we can, from honestly considering all the data we can gather and experiences we have, can we make informed decisions and judgements on a person or situation. Otherwise we are enabling, perpetuating, or worsening the perceived problem

Maybe me and the rest of critics are wrong, and he brings more light than he does murkiness to the muddy waters of this virtual realm...if he cares enough about this perspective I provide to take the time to correct it, but even if he doesn't....I (particularly a lot of the aspects of the person I learned to be from lessons on PA) consider providing my perspective a gift to him and something to consider to whom I see as "enablers" of a problem I was really emotionally attached to....

...In the process learning much about myself and people (and psychology) that is very practical and often applied to my "real" life

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    As you can read here, Joseph P. Farrell was supposed to do an interview with The One Truth in November 2015. Our former colleague bsbray, who himself has a very strong interest in historical research, contacted Mr. Farrell in August 2015 about doing an interview, and he tentatively agreed.

However, after bsbray had explained to Joseph Farrell what The One Truth is and what kind of subjects we commonly discuss here, Mr. Farrell appeared very suspicious of The One Truth — while he is undoubtedly very familiar with Project Avalon and Project Camelot, given that he has already been interviewed by Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy. He wanted to know if we are "a religious organization", which is another strange question, given that Mr. Farrell has a degree in Christian Science, indicating that he himself would be a religious person.

bsbray then again explained to Mr. Farrell that The One Truth is a forum and that spirituality is one of the umbrella topics up for discussion here, but that it is certainly not the only one, and that The One Truth as a whole does not adhere to any specific religions or other spiritual convictions. Mr. Farrell then agreed to do the interview with us after his return from a conference on the Secret Space Program. Everything in his last e-mail to bsbray suggests that he had added it to his agenda.

He never got back to us. Rule #1 in the handbook of the narcissist: "Never offer yourself up for anything. Let them come to you instead, and let them beg."
    This is what I'm talk about right here...everything up to that last "Everything..." line (aragorn's conclusion) is the type of data I consider as important (and perhaps more so) as any correctly sourced solid bit of evidence can be in this realm

IMO--The failing of the mainstream media leading us to search for an "alternative" is in that it delivers "facts" with absolutely no information about where they came from. The "what" is important...don't ask "why"...just know we are the authority of truth

Anyone honestly intended entering this realm SHOULD be eager to be transparent in the WHOLE story, a very important component of which is how they got it. And when they fail at that, as is human to do....openly and extensively examine the problems that created what really amounts to a "fake news" disclosure

This is my opinion of course, just an explanation of the personal problems I have that people like to distort. Who I am is someone who is insulted by the idea that I'd trust the "sterling integrity" of any piece of data or transmitter who's unwilling to do those things, especially when scrutinized

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 315 Posts
    Bill Ryan knew exactly what was going on with Simon Parkes, and yet he chose to "aid and abet" Simon Parkes because Parkes had threatened to sue both him and the whole of Project Avalon — which is Simon Parkes' typical modus operandi — and The Man With The Hat™ took it seriously.
    Not wishing to be sued doesn't amount to "aiding and abetting".

Señor Ryan is a wanted man in at least one country that I know of — i.e. the USA, and more specifically in the state of California, where he was convicted in absentia (*) — and possibly in two or three other countries as well. Trust me, he's not looking forward to appearing before a judge.
    I've been a wanted man due to a warrant out I had for jay walking once. True story.
    I also forgot a court date for illegal lane change. Bam I was a wanted man.
    They were way expensive due to their reaching "warrant state". This has nothing to do with the Simon Parks thing, and you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. A lot of people have had warrants out on them, does that make them all terrorists or something? Try and keep in mind the United States has the highest percentage of their citizens imprisoned of any country in the world.

[INDENT](*) [I]The case of the fake Picasso. And I do believe that Bill himself may have been conned in that matter — not that he was, but it is quite possible.
    This again doesn't have anything to do with his running a forum, which I would think is the only thing pertinent in this discussion being as this is the Avalon files.

Yes, because nowadays, with more and more complaints about and evidence against Simon Parkes having come in, Bill Ryan can't afford to turn a blind eye anymore, and so he had no other choice but to take an open stance in the matter and publicly denounce Simon Parkes' misconduct. But that has nothing to do with ethics or wanting to protect the innocent. It was a purely politically motivated move on his part.
    You can't give him any credit for doing the right thing? Even if it was later than you would have wished?

I think I know him a lot better than you do, Marcus. When I joined Project Avalon, I too looked up to the guy. I considered him a hero. But then his mask fell off only two weeks later, when he chose to make an example out of me over a stupid misunderstanding, which then prompted him to post a hugely self-glorifying thread a few days later.
    I remember this, and I for one think it was a mistake on his part to over react and kick you off of his forum. In the final analysis though it kind of benefited you. You ended up coming over to TOT and now you are the administrator here, which is pretty kick ass. Right?
    I understand holding things like that as a personal affront, and I understand also feeling slighted and wishing to take your grievance to a third party for validating your sense of insult. That is kind of what this is, and the public reading this being the third party providing validation.
    I've done this myself a few times when I've felt wronged.

From that moment on, I started seeing Bill Ryan as a person with a good side and a bad side. But I had no idea yet at that point in time just how dark this bad side of him was, until his feud with Corey broke out.
    I've personally got no beef with Corey. When the deal went down on Avalon slamming Corey for his wild claims of gas giant planet sized space ships I actually defended the guy. Not because I believed him, but because in my opinion this wasn't any more far fetched than a lot of the stuff going around, and I didn't think it could really do any harm. If folks were going to fall for this then by depriving them of Corey they are just going to fall for something else. Buyer beware is how feel, and I don't believe the alternative community needs to be protected by Bill Ryan in the case of Corey. Just like I don't think the alternative community needs to be protected by Aragorn from Bill Ryan. We are all adults here, and we should all have the ability to make our own decisions. By you cut and pasting this long argument I've seen before everytime someone utters something positive about Bill Ryan you are kind of hi-jacking The One Truth as a personal vendetta vehicle in my opinion. We are all human and I sympathize with your plight and your feelings but you could benefit by thinking about this. We would all be better served putting our time and energy into current events rather than serving as the third party presiding over your sense of being wronged by Bill Ryan and thus providing you with validation that you are justified and your sense of honor restored. If I could wave a magic wand and restore your hurt feelings in this case without at the same time throwing Bill Ryan under the bus I would do it in a heart beat.

And from then on, over how he attempted to get information about Corey from me by sending me a PM while posing as Atlas/Buares, all through the way he managed to push Christine, Claudia and Hazel out of the mod team and then lied about the circumstances on the open forum, up to how he handled the Simon Parkes affair and how both Laura and I were banned, not to mention that he tried to get bsbray to edit out Bill Ryan's name from posts made here at The One Truth by Lord Sidious — which bsbray did not do and which he instead reported to the mod room — I think I've seen enough of the man to have an idea of what he's capable of, thank you very much.
    Bill has a sense of honor and pride just like you do Aragorn, and in this case it seems he was attempting to remedy perceived wrongs and even in some cases hoping certain non-flattering things would just go away.
    We all have pride, and we all have feelings that can be wounded. None of these things amount to calling someone the names and labels I've seen you throw his way though. This is just my opinion.

Yes, Machiavellianism, really.
    On the contrary. I've had a girlfriend once who was a dark triad as well, and my brother was married to one for twenty years. But perhaps you don't properly understand what Machiavellians do.
    You stating them under a label doesn't make it so. You need to include their actions for "us" the third party to decide if you know how to use these phrases properly.
    For me Machiavellian is Lord Sidious from Star Wars issuing order 66 and eliminating all of the Jedi including sending Anakin to the Jedi temple to kill off all of the children Jedi so as to insure he has no civil war incited by the Jedi in the future.
    Now that is Machiavellian. The term is usually reserved for leaders/royalty killing of their leader/royal opposition so as to cement their leadership status over a recently conquered territory.
    I just felt it was overly dramatic to use the term so loosely as to apply it to a conspiracy site and the silly politics practiced within. It is part of a psychological label barrage you use in an over the top attempt to label and besmirch Bill Ryan. I think this kind of attack is really over doing it, and I think it is the result of your personal feelings and sense of honor being wounded due to his kicking you off of his forum. Which I will agree that you did not deserve to be kicked off of his forum, and in that sense I do believe you were wronged. But I certainly do not agree with all of the psychological labels you throw around nor do I believe for a second the Machiavellian label.

My dear Marcus, I have so far done nothing but substantiate my claims. It is not my fault that you refuse to see the substantiation. And your reaction to what I have said about the man — and which everyone with their eyes open can ascertain for the truth — is a textbook example of being in denial. You've put the guy up on a pedestal and you're grasping at straws and looking for excuses so as to dismiss the ugly truths about him.
    I see Bill Ryan for what he is, and I see you for what you are Aragorn. I see you as a person who has been wounded and of whom has a sense of honor that needs to be avenged and or validated. I hope I have served in some capacity to help validate your sense of being wronged, while at the same time I will argue against the label you have attempted to sculpt for Bill Ryan via your off based psychological terminology and over the top Ganghis Khan comparisons.
    I have also viewed you as a top notch intellect, and I think you do an absolutely wonderful job as administrator on The One Truth, with the exception of occasionally hijacking the platform to attack Bill Ryan with.

All of the examples you list here are manifestations of psychopathy — or sociopathy, if you will; they are two different names for the same condition — but that is not Machiavellianism. There is of course a little bit of overlap, but Machiavellians are specifically known for their way of manipulating people through intrigue, spin, half-truths and lies.

A man who sexually abuses his own children is a psychopath, but not necessarily a Machiavellian. A man who slips drugs into someone's food or drink in order to sexually take advantage of them is also a psychopath, but also not necessarily a Machiavellian.
    I will give you that. But a true Machiavellian would be a psychopath in my opinion and that was what I was attempting to communicate here. My point here being that someone who is simply manipulative without really trying or be willing to harm anyone is not really Machiavellian.

I have both extensive experience with and a proper psychiatric understanding of the conditions to substantiate what I say. I am also a master of observation — courtesy of that autism, you know?
    The key phrase here would be "observation". I'm of the opinion one can not know true human dynamics without truly participating in them. I get the sense that you observe quite a bit more than you interact. If that is not the case then I can completely accept being wrong on this account.
    I've had two really good friends with Asbergers. One her name was/is Connie. Connie is one of the most intelligent accomplished people I've ever met. She could play an acoustic guitar amazingly and sing Irish Gailic in a way that was absolutely spell binding. She had body karate, she was amazingly well built for her age, 50ish, a gentleman never asks . She was a commercial graphics art designer and we began going out after she found something I had written on the net and so she contacted me and we started going out. I was a young lad of about 30 at the time. Now although Connie could learn anything and was by all accounts a certifiable genius she did not get social cues. For instance we went on three dates and everytime we went out we were getting tons of attention in the form of judgement based on our age difference. Connie was oblivious to this, but I on the other hand being highly empathic was catching this judgement like a D sized battery to the head. There were other instances of this, and this was probably why things ended romantically but we continued to be friends. I noted as I continued being friends with her that this problem caused her to not be able to maintain lasting romantic relationships. This exact same deal is why another friend of mine was in the exact same point. A man by the name of Owen. He had only experienced a few romantic relationships and then gave up on them because although he was extremely intelligent he didn't quite get the dynamics of relationships and as such he did not remain active in them. I can understand why having relationships on line would be preferential here because it helps to filter out the nuances of human interaction that are so often lost on folks with Asbergers.
    But,,,
    That being the case I feel folks who do not participate in true relationships in the physical 3-D world miss the dynamic of RISK that is involved with face to face human interaction. They do not develop a deep meaningful relationship that involves being witness and potential victim to the harms most people are constantly having to deal with in these terms.
    So while I'm agreeing with you in terms of Bill Ryan having wronged you by kicking you off of Avalon, I also think this may have been perceived by yourself as a far greater wrong than it really was because of a lack of criteria with which to judge it from on your part. Now I may be absolutely wrong here and if that is the case then so be it.
    A case in point.
    I don't know if you work from home or have to go to work, but this is a story about my last job.
    I had made friends with a woman who was a bit of a conniver and who would attempt to throw people under the bus to make her self look better.
    Now I say I was friends with her, but the fact of the matter was, I had to work with her for eight hours a day, and as such even though I knew these bad qualities about her, she had good qualities as well.
    I focused on her good qualities and attempted to get along with her as much as possible.
    I also was able to smooth over the damage done by her gossip and such because I worked with her.
    But the day came when she switched shifts and I no longer worked with her and as such I was no longer able to put out the fires she started.
    Case in point, my Boss one day sat me down to give me a bogus write up. The write up had to be witnessed by his superior and it was a pretty big deal, my job was on the line. I was completely blind sided by this write up because the reason for writing me up was completely made up and I quickly deduced what had happening here here.
    It was the gossipy co-worker I had, her name was Griffin. It turns out that she wanted my position and in an all out attempt to get my position she was starting fires and the folks she was starting them with couldn't see her for what she was.
    I tried to reason with my boss, but to no avail, he was literally seething with hatred for me and as he talked spit was flying out of his mouth in all directions. When I attempted to direct him to the root of the problem by stating that he should interview the witnesses mentioned in the write up he refused. He refused because he knew the write up was bogus, he was writing me up because of the gossip and negative sentiment my former co-worker had managed to convince him was the truth. To this day I still have no idea what seeds of dessent Mrs. Griffin had sewn. Long story short I had to go over my bosses head, and his bosses head by going to Human Resources in an attempt to save my job, which worked by the way being as I had the cooperation of the people who had supposedly witnessed why I had been written up.
    Now what is the point of my story with Mrs. Griffin?
    My point is this.
    Mrs. Griffin and her type are actually pretty common in the work place. I've worked with Mrs. Griffin types so often as to not even be able to count their number.
    Her attacks on me were defamatory in every sense of the word, she was trying to remove my ability to make a living for myself and for my family and my sense of honor was badly damaged in this incident.
    And yet I wouldn't use any of the words to describe her that you used to describe Mr. Ryan.
    Why?
    Because traits such as these exist in such a large portion of the human population as to make them a part of life that we all have to deal with when dealing with human beings.
    My point here is that if I were to hold on to every time I've been wronged such as this I would be a festering mess of hatred and misery.
    And my point also here is that, again although what Bill has done to you by kicking you off of Avalon was wrong, it is something that you have to get over.
    The fact you have held on to it this long is what lends me to believe you haven't interacted with your fellow humans in the real world very often, or you too would have met enough Mrs. Griffins as to make your Bill Ryan episode pale and fade by comparison. You too would have learned that affronts to your pride and honor have got to be minimized, gotten over and forgotten about for if anything else, "your personal sanity".

I see things other people don't see. Not because they're not there, but because other people's brains filter those things out as "unimportant information".
    But you dwell when others let those things go.

You obviously know as little about me as you do about Bill Ryan. I have no desire to play a hero. I am more concerned with who and what I really am than with how people perceive me. And I can assure you that there are quite a few people who think very lowly of me — and if you truly believe what you've just said about me here-above, then I'm counting you as one of those people as well.
    I don't think lowly of you at all Aragorn. I would count myself as one of your fans in the big picture. Just not where Bill Ryan is concerned. You say I know nothing about you, but I know you are very concerned about your honor and I know it is very important to you to make sure your honor is in tact and that includes addressing slights you feel you have received. And in this case standing up for the honor of others as in the Simon Parks case and those he has wronged is important to you as well. I think that is just. I just don't think Bill Ryan disserves the blame for the actions of Simon Parks.
    He doesn't deserve 1% of it.
    But when you are throwing around words like Machiavelian and psychopath and sociopath you are attempting to vilify Bill Ryan to the extent Simon Parks should be, and you should realize that is not the case.
    But fair enough. You're in denial and you want me to shut up about the guy, so that's what I'm going to do. I believe I see some elevated terrain over yonder, and thus I will take my leave from this thread.
    I hope you realize what you've just said here-above. You've just insulted every rape victim in the world.
    I really do not think I'm in denial but you are welcome to have your opinion of me. I feel that I'm exercising a greater range over understanding human nature than you have experientially speaking. You call yourself an "observer" of human nature but I will reiterate that will teach you almost nothing in terms of what is really going on. I do not think the excessive dark language you are using applies to the people you are making attempts to label. I think you can do a lot of harm with this kind of verbal assault. If you want to state the facts fine, but trying to paint someone as you have over difference of opinion over their forum administrating and going so far as to pull up their past legal records and speculate about records you have no proof exist is a blatent attack on someone's life. I doubt I will ever affect your opinion on this whole matter Aragorn and this is fine, I just wanted to respond in a thoughtful manner and show you that I have digested and listened to what you have said.
    And in so far as Simon Parks is concerned, I was not aware he had raped anyone, as such I absolutely apologize and retract my previous attempt at humor if it has offended someone who was involved in the Simon Parks fiasco.
    Sincerely Best Wishes
    DNA

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by DNA View Post
    Bill Ryan knew exactly what was going on with Simon Parkes, and yet he chose to "aid and abet" Simon Parkes because Parkes had threatened to sue both him and the whole of Project Avalon — which is Simon Parkes' typical modus operandi — and The Man With The Hat™ took it seriously.
    Not wishing to be sued doesn't amount to "aiding and abetting".
    It does in a court of law. Besides, Bill Ryan did more than avoid being sued. He got down on his knees and offered King Solomon the apology of every member of Project Avalon.

Bill Ryan's decision to let Simon Parkes get away with what he was doing was also only partly inspired by The Hat Man™'s fear of litigation. Simon Parkes brought new members to Project Avalon, and new members bring in new donations.

I've been a wanted man due to a warrant out I had for jay walking once. True story.
    I also forgot a court date for illegal lane change. Bam I was a wanted man.
    And I thought Belgium was bad. I've been convicted in court for having parked in the wrong place once — I kid you not, and it is my only conviction ever — but I've never actually had a warrant out on me.

They were way expensive due to their reaching "warrant state". This has nothing to do with the Simon Parks thing, and you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. A lot of people have had warrants out on them, does that make them all terrorists or something? Try and keep in mind the United States has the highest percentage of their citizens imprisoned of any country in the world.
    I was not referring to Bill Ryan being a wanted man in the United States of Acronyms in order to paint him in a bad daylight, but merely in order to provide some context to what I was describing.

However, according to his conviction — which you can view online; just ask Malc for the case number — he owes the plaintiff about $250'000 USD, I believe. You may want to ask him why he never paid back that money. Or do you really think that he spent it all on running the Project Avalon servers?

One Avalon member at the time — back when I was still a member there myself — told me that Bill had invited her and several other Avalon members to some meeting on account of a financial transaction, but for some reason she never heard anything of that anymore. This may have been around the time of the "Charles"/"Atticus" affair and his idea for The Eighteen™. I don't know.

But anyway, this woman had also visited Bill and Christine in Ecuador and has stayed with them for a while. And what she told me was that she thought Bill was quite a money shark, even though she added that she didn't know what he did with his money, because his car was a wreck on wheels and he always wore the same old clothes. He also doesn't care about luxury at the house and he'll put down his butt wherever there's a spot he can sit. She added, "Maybe he's just hoarding it."

(*) The case of the fake Picasso. And I do believe that Bill himself may have been conned in that matter — not that he was, but it is quite possible.
    This again doesn't have anything to do with his running a forum, which I would think is the only thing pertinent in this discussion being as this is the Avalon files.
    If you want people to understand what you're talking about, then you have to provide the proper context, and that is all I was doing. Don't go looking for something that isn't there.

Yes, because nowadays, with more and more complaints about and evidence against Simon Parkes having come in, Bill Ryan can't afford to turn a blind eye anymore, and so he had no other choice but to take an open stance in the matter and publicly denounce Simon Parkes' misconduct. But that has nothing to do with ethics or wanting to protect the innocent. It was a purely politically motivated move on his part.
    You can't give him any credit for doing the right thing? Even if it was later than you would have wished?
    He wasn't "doing the right thing". He was forced to take a stance in order to preserve his own reputation and that of Project Avalon as a forum. The fact that this change in stance agreed with The Right Thing™ is merely a coincidental convenience.

Bill Ryan couldn't care less about Simon Parkes' victims, nor about doing the right thing. He does however care a great deal about his own public image. That's why he slyly tried to get bsbray to edit out his (Bill Ryan's) name from (already old) posts here at The One Truth in which Lord Sidious had uttered his personal opinion that Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy would be working for the alphabet agency spooks.

The Man With The Hat™ wanted his own name removed from those posts, and from all posts where Lord Sidious had been quoted saying that, even though he did not request the same with regard to Kerry Cassidy or David Wilcock, who had been named as well in Rob's posts.

I think I know him a lot better than you do, Marcus. When I joined Project Avalon, I too looked up to the guy. I considered him a hero. But then his mask fell off only two weeks later, when he chose to make an example out of me over a stupid misunderstanding, which then prompted him to post a hugely self-glorifying thread a few days later.
    I remember this, and I for one think it was a mistake on his part to over react and kick you off of his forum. In the final analysis though it kind of benefited you. You ended up coming over to TOT and now you are the administrator here, which is pretty kick ass. Right?
    You are conflating a few things. That which I am speaking of in the quotes here-above took place within two weeks after my joining up at Project Avalon — i.e. January 2014. My being banned from Project Avalon was more than a year later — in March 2015 — and completely unrelated to the events I was speaking of higher up.

But yes, coming over to The One Truth — which I did after you recommended it to me, because I wasn't really familiar with The One Truth, given that I had never really been "a forum person" — was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, forum-wise. When I was first enlisted as a moderator here, one member here — a Dutchman — left a message on my visitor messages board in Dutch, which translates to something like...

"Way to go: from a pariah over at Project Avalon to a moderator at The One Truth. In any case, you know how not to do it."

As I wrote earlier already, the first thing I noticed after signing up here was how different the atmosphere was here at The One Truth, compared to the cult feel of Project Avalon.

I understand holding things like that as a personal affront, and I understand also feeling slighted and wishing to take your grievance to a third party for validating your sense of insult. That is kind of what this is, and the public reading this being the third party providing validation.
    I've done this myself a few times when I've felt wronged.
    I'm afraid you are dead wrong in that analysis. It is only personal to me because I take any kind of injustice personally. And it doesn't even have anything to do with the fact that I was banned from there.

I was already sick and tired of the Avalon cult during my last months there anyway, because I had come to see more and more of Bill Ryan's dark side, which he meticulously keeps hidden from the public view. And I sure as hell was sick and tired of the cultish nature of Avalon's member base and the caste-like justice system maintained by the moderators over there, where certain members are given much more credit and leeway than others.

It was also Bill Ryan himself who provided Simon Parkes with my legal name and my private e-mail address so that he could threaten to sue me. Likewise, Bill Ryan also gave Simon Parkes Malc's real name and private e-mail address. That was in late March to early April 2015, and Malc had already no longer been a member of Project Avalon since 2011.

But as I said earlier, Bill Ryan meticulously keeps track of everything he finds of concern — which is a typically Machiavellian trait. Malc started The One Truth in 2011, and that made him into a target of Bill Ryan's wrath — The Hat Man™ is quite a vindictive man. And it was this vindictiveness that made him decide to pass both Malc's and my private information onto Simon Parkes, so that he could threaten us.

Nevertheless, I am stating the above because it is the truth, not because I have a personal grudge against Bill Ryan over the fact that he chastised me and then started a self-glorifying thread about it, nor over the fact that he banned me — I was glad that he did, because, as I said already, I was already long fed up with Project Avalon and its chanting cult — and I don't even hold any grudge against Bill Ryan for having passed on my private e-mail address and my legal name to Simon Parkes.

You may think of that as you wish, but I am not the one in denial here. You do not know this about me, but I'm the kind of guy who takes a cold hard look at himself every hour of the day, and I am much harder on myself than I am on anyone else. Being perfectly honest with myself is imperative to me, and so I also know that when I speak of my motives, then I am speaking the truth, instead of hiding behind some repressed trauma.

From that moment on, I started seeing Bill Ryan as a person with a good side and a bad side. But I had no idea yet at that point in time just how dark this bad side of him was, until his feud with Corey broke out.
    I've personally got no beef with Corey. When the deal went down on Avalon slamming Corey for his wild claims of gas giant planet sized space ships I actually defended the guy. Not because I believed him, but because in my opinion this wasn't any more far fetched than a lot of the stuff going around, and I didn't think it could really do any harm.
    I found Corey's story fascinating, but not important. My friendship with Corey was simply based upon the fact that Bill Ryan and — when it comes to the open forum, to a much greater extent — other Avalon members were taking cheap pot shots at Corey. I thought he was legitimate — in the sense that I believed that he believed what he was saying — and that he meant well.

And so Corey kept me in the loop of what was going on behind the scenes when Bill Ryan started his private little war with Corey. I have seen e-mails sent by Bill Ryan — both signed and anonymous — in which Bill Ryan was bullying and insulting Corey, and falsely accusing Corey of wanting to destroy Avalon. Up until that point, Corey still pretty much had his act together — it was only later that he turned psychotic and paranoid, after he had already long transferred to The One Truth — and Bill Ryan was doing everything he could to destroy Corey, because Corey had been sent a 72-page FBI file (as a hard copy) on Bill Ryan by one of his InfraGard contacts.

That's when Bill Ryan attempted to find out from me what was in that file, which he did by sending me a PM under the identity of Atlas/Buares — obviously with the latter's consent, because Bill Ryan had no idea at what hour of the day I was going to reply to it. It was literally word for word written by Bill Ryan — I've had other PM exchanges with The Hat Man™ as well, and Bill has a very unique style, both in terms of the actual writing and in terms of how he initiates a conversation — all the way down to how it was signed off, with one little difference: it said "Atlas" instead of "Bill".

Once again, you don't notice these things, Marcus — and neither will the vast majority — but I do. It's one of the traits of my being autistic.

If folks were going to fall for this then by depriving them of Corey they are just going to fall for something else. Buyer beware is how feel, and I don't believe the alternative community needs to be protected by Bill Ryan in the case of Corey. Just like I don't think the alternative community needs to be protected by Aragorn from Bill Ryan. We are all adults here, and we should all have the ability to make our own decisions.
    In other words, anyone who is wronged by someone else must have been looking for that to happen? Is that what you're saying?

By you cut and pasting this long argument I've seen before everytime someone utters something positive about Bill Ryan you are kind of hi-jacking The One Truth as a personal vendetta vehicle in my opinion.
    Yes, I know that this is your opinion. And your opinion couldn't be more wrong.

We are all human and I sympathize with your plight and your feelings but you could benefit by thinking about this. We would all be better served putting our time and energy into current events rather than serving as the third party presiding over your sense of being wronged by Bill Ryan and thus providing you with validation that you are justified and your sense of honor restored. If I could wave a magic wand and restore your hurt feelings in this case without at the same time throwing Bill Ryan under the bus I would do it in a heart beat.
    I don't have any hurt feelings about Bill Ryan at a personal level. I am however appalled by how the man manipulates people, lies to people, opportunistically takes advantage of them, then puts up his archetypal "charming British gentleman" face before everyone, and then goes to sleep in the evening feeling perfectly good about himself. That sort of thing disgusts me.

Bill has a sense of honor and pride just like you do Aragorn [...]
    Pride, yes. Honor, not by a long shot.

Yes, Machiavellianism, really
    You stating them under a label doesn't make it so.
    You simply refuse to acknowledge the possibility that I would be right. Not only do you like Bill Ryan, but you want to like him. You find it inconceivable that he would indeed be what I say he is.

And that is what I call denial.

For me Machiavellian is Lord Sidious from Star Wars issuing order 66 and eliminating all of the Jedi including sending Anakin to the Jedi temple to kill off all of the children Jedi so as to insure he has no civil war incited by the Jedi in the future.
    That's an example where violence is involved, but Machiavellianism is normally far more subtle. Like I said, a Machiavellian manipulates other people like chess pieces and hasn't got a shred of remorse or compassion.

Machiavellians are often found in politics — both of the Clintons are Machiavellians — but just as often in the corporate sector. If you look at Microsoft's track record, ever since the company got started, up until today, then that's pure Machiavellianism, even though I will admit that Microsoft's current CEO Satya Nadella is by far not as bad as Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer were.

Machiavellians are strategists. They are not necessarily violent people, and they are masters at using charm and conversation for manipulating people.

Now that is Machiavellian. The term is usually reserved for leaders/royalty killing of their leader/royal opposition so as to cement their leadership status over a recently conquered territory.
    I don't know where you got that, but that's definitely not correct. You are conflating psychopathy with Machiavellianism. There is overlap, and some psychiatrists do consider Machiavellianism to be a subcategory of psychopathy, but there is still a difference between typical psychopathic behavior and Machiavellian behavior.

I just felt it was overly dramatic to use the term so loosely as to apply it to a conspiracy site and the silly politics practiced within. It is part of a psychological label barrage you use in an over the top attempt to label and besmirch Bill Ryan.
    No, it isn't, but your attempt at besmirching myself here is a pretty good one, I might add.

I think this kind of attack is really over doing it, and I think it is the result of your personal feelings and sense of honor being wounded due to his kicking you off of his forum.
    No, it isn't. I have explained this higher up already. It has nothing to do with what he did to me personally. I am merely painting the man for what he is, and for what you refuse to see.

I see Bill Ryan for what he is, and I see you for what you are Aragorn.
    <LOL> No, you don't.

[...] I have also viewed you as a top notch intellect, and I think you do an absolutely wonderful job as administrator on The One Truth, with the exception of occasionally hijacking the platform to attack Bill Ryan with.
    Wrong again. You're making quite a habit of it.

I am not "attacking" Bill Ryan. I am calling him as I am seeing him, and I am seeing him for who and what he really is. And I am not hijacking anything. Bill Ryan and Project Avalon are inseparable subjects, and this thread is about Project Avalon and the so-called "alternative community", in which Bill Ryan and Project Avalon play a significant role. Ergo, the information I share about Bill Ryan is pertinent.

And I wouldn't have to do it so often if people were paying a little more attention and weren't so quick to forget. That is probably my biggest gripe with humanity: they don't learn from their mistakes, because they dismiss and they forget.

But a true Machiavellian would be a psychopath in my opinion and that was what I was attempting to communicate here.
    See higher up — there is some overlap between a Machiavellian personality type and a psychopath, but they are not the same thing. What they have in common is their lack of compassion and empathy. How they go about their business is quite different.

A Machiavellian is incredibly calculated and strategic, and usually exhibits a great deal of charm. A typical psychopath is much colder and far more offensive in their social behavior.

My point here being that someone who is simply manipulative without really trying or be willing to harm anyone is not really Machiavellian.
    Again, that is not correct. A Machiavellian does not necessarily seek to harm anyone. They simply seek to manipulate the world around them to their advantage. And if they must do something "good" in order to get there, then they will. And if they must harm somebody in order to get there, then they will do that too.

It doesn't matter to them. Good and evil are both just abstract concepts in their mind. They don't experience anything as being inherently "good" or inherently "evil". And in that, they are like the typical psychopath. But a psychopath is bolder and less equipped for playing the people around him like the pieces on a chessboard.

A Machiavellian will only seldom openly display anger or be rude. They know they can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

The key phrase here would be "observation". I'm of the opinion one can not know true human dynamics without truly participating in them. I get the sense that you observe quite a bit more than you interact. If that is not the case then I can completely accept being wrong on this account.
    Good. You may consider yourself wrong then.

I've had two really good friends with Asbergers. [...]
    I have seen you spell it like that before, so now I think that I have to inform you of the fact that this is an insult. "Asbergers" and "Assburgers" are mock names for people with Asperger syndrome — note the spelling.

That said, I am a high-functioning autistic adult, and even though the DSM-IV considered that to be one and the same thing as Asperger syndrome — the DSM-5 doesn't even mention Asperger's anymore as a separate diagnosis — there is a difference in social behavior between my type of autism and Asperger's.

What you describe in the section that I've snipped — because this is getting long and tiresome — is consistent with the stereotypical Aspie, but I am not like that, even though I may have missed more social cues when I was younger. But the typical Aspie is also often portrayed as being terse, direct, and even a bit mechanical in their speech and in their movements, and that certainly does not correspond with myself.

[...] So while I'm agreeing with you in terms of Bill Ryan having wronged you by kicking you off of Avalon, I also think this may have been perceived by yourself as a far greater wrong than it really was because of a lack of criteria with which to judge it from on your part. Now I may be absolutely wrong here and if that is the case then so be it.
    Yes, you are grossly wrong. I've already said that a dozen times by now. Let go of that fixation of wanting to defend Bill Ryan at all cost and of wanting to attribute whatever I say about him to some unprocessed trauma of mine.

I am glad that I got kicked off of Avalon. The only thing that still kept me there at the time was the fact that I had met some people there with whom I wanted to remain in contact. But those people were also registered here, so nothing was lost when Bill Ryan dropped the ban hammer on me.

On the contrary, I have loved it here at The One Truth from the first day on, and I still do.

[...] It was the gossipy co-worker I had, her name was Griffin. It turns out that she wanted my position and in an all out attempt to get my position she was starting fires and the folks she was starting them with couldn't see her for what she was. [...]
    Machiavellianism in the workplace is a very common phenomenon.

I see things other people don't see. Not because they're not there, but because other people's brains filter those things out as "unimportant information".
    But you dwell when others let those things go.
    It's exactly because they are letting things go so easily that this world is in such a mess. People don't respect the truth, and they don't respect themselves. (Self-esteem and self-respect are two very different things.)

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Biff (19th January 2017), Dreamtimer (18th January 2017), Gio (19th January 2017)