Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rural Americans at higher risk from five leading causes of death

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Lightbulb

Just a note ...

If we here on this forum (or any other alternative community forum) were to
    disinvolve from our postings sources from any of the major world news
    outlets - It might get awfully boring around the camp fires.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th January 2017), Dreamtimer (14th January 2017), Elen (13th January 2017), modwiz (13th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,967 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Just a note ...

If we here on this forum (or any other alternative community forum) were to
    disinvolve from our postings sources from any of the major world news
    outlets - It might get awfully boring around the camp fires.
    I agree. I feel that, even if the mainstream media are misleading us with fake news, then that in itself is already interesting enough to report on here. Because by their fake news, they are trying to obfuscate the real news, and in such a way that patterns start to emerge into the public awareness. They can't camouflage these patterns, so we do end up gleaning information from them.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th January 2017), Elen (13th January 2017), Gio (13th January 2017), modwiz (13th January 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    There would be plenty of truth mixed in with the fake news. That's how it's done. We have to figure out how to hone in on it. The truth has a ring. Peoples' instincts can be very helpful in discerning truth.

There is also the issue of media parroting media and it happens in the alternative world too.

People have a tendency to believe reports that concur with what they already believe or want to believe. Personal bias exists in every community around. Ignoring mainstream news completely would probably not be a good idea.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th January 2017), Elen (14th January 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 325 Posts
    Holland has huge dams because most of the country is under the water sea level. Flooding is a problem especially many years ago were the rivers flooded a lot of the country at the time leaving the flooded area was not enforced because the government was afraid of being sued . Holland as I remember is divided into two regions Flemish and Dutch . Amsterdam is famous for smoking dope legal and red light district which is quite different . I quite like the canals and the transport system which disencourage cars mostly bikes and trams . I found the city expensive but fun I got drunk at Heineken museum walked past Ann frank house or factory. Well there was a que and its well depressing saw bunch solders come down side building with rope ( festival ?) .

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonsnow For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th January 2017), Dreamtimer (15th January 2017), Elen (14th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,967 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jonsnow View Post
    Holland has huge dams because most of the country is under the water sea level.
    That is correct, and part of the Flanders lies below sea level as well.

Quote Originally posted by jonsnow View Post
    Flooding is a problem especially many years ago were the rivers flooded a lot of the country at the time leaving the flooded area was not enforced because the government was afraid of being sued . Holland as I remember is divided into two regions Flemish and Dutch .
    No, you would be mistaken there. The name Holland is often used for referring to the whole of the Netherlands, but it is in fact the name of two distinct provinces — North Holland and South Holland — which together form a single large region within the Netherlands.

The Flanders on the other hand make up for the northern half of Belgium and are comprised of five provinces: West Flanders, East Flanders, Antwerp, Limburg and North Brabant. The latter province came to be still only recently as part of the state reform, in which the two halves of what used to be the single province of Brabant were created as distinct provinces — one for the Flanders region and one for the Walloon region.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th January 2017), Elen (14th January 2017), jonsnow (14th January 2017)