Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Grace Under Pressure

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    This guy does a very good job, definitely displays grace under pressure:
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2022), Aragorn (25th June 2022), Wind (25th June 2022)

Thanks
    Not to forget about the good cops. News Now South Carolina is a good well rounded auditor, and he finds himself a good one on this day in Highlands, North Carolina. Fastforward to 8:15 to see just the encounter:

Socrates

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2022), Aragorn (12th July 2022), Wind (12th July 2022)

Thanks
    The flip side of "Grace Under Pressure". There's a fine balance between standing up for your rights, and just being a fucking asshole. Cops have wide discretion on traffic stops, and it's not at all uncommon to be let off with a warning for somewhat minor violations such as suspended drivers license in this case; but (omg!) this ain't the way to go about it, this is the recipe to ensure they write you up for as much as they can think of.

I'd be one of the most lenient cops ever, choosing to mainly focus on victim crimes, but I'd stick it to this bitch as well. She creates her own problems:

Socrates

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th January 2023), Aragorn (29th January 2023), Diabolical Boids (30th January 2023), Wind (29th January 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    The flip side of "Grace Under Pressure". There's a fine balance between standing up for your rights, and just being a fucking asshole. Cops have wide discretion on traffic stops, and it's not at all uncommon to be let off with a warning for somewhat minor violations such as suspended drivers license in this case; but (omg!) this ain't the way to go about it, this is the recipe to ensure they write you up for as much as they can think of.

I'd be one of the most lenient cops ever, choosing to mainly focus on victim crimes, but I'd stick it to this bitch as well. She creates her own problems:
    I know of no Asshole rights either but legislators are busy everywhere making legislation that protects assholes in the name of diversity. I'm sure she views herself as an empowered woman until she admits her daddy issues prevent her from being civil enough to serve her own interests.

Getting pulled over is the worst time to play patriot if you don't know your rights and knowing you should have rights is way different than knowing your rights.

This opens a bigger avenue about the causes of police brutality. In cities LEO put up with crap like this every day and even worse. Day in and day out, people falling out of their vehicles screaming like maniacs and attacking. And people wonder why they snap. I'm not LEO but I know I'm fed up with people always ready to be offended and escalate from the Karen effect to emotional violence to physical violence over things far less trivial than this. I know a dozen or more LEO in my little neck of the heartland that have left certain states and cities to serve in rural areas because of the various forms of violence occurring in routine stops in urban and suburban areas. That's has an accumulative effect on anyone.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th January 2023), Aragorn (30th January 2023), Fred Steeves (30th January 2023)

Thanks

This kid did a great job!

Socrates

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2023), Aragorn (23rd February 2023), Wind (24th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Hmm... I don't see this as anything commendable. The police officer was behaving nicely toward the kid, while the kid himself was behaving arrogantly toward her, and by his own admission, he's a school dropout. He also sounded like he was high. Maybe he ought to lay off the drugs and go back to school, so that he can learn how to properly speak English — "aksing" is not how you pronounce "asking"; that's uneducated gang member speak.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2023), Fred Steeves (23rd February 2023), Wind (24th February 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Hmm... I don't see this as anything commendable. The police officer was behaving nicely toward the kid, while the kid himself was behaving arrogantly toward her, and by his own admission, he's a school dropout. He also sounded like he was high. Maybe he ought to lay off the drugs and go back to school, so that he can learn how to properly speak English — "aksing" is not how you pronounce "asking"; that's uneducated gang member speak.
    The gist of this thread is to highlight, for Americans anyway, how the powerless can use knowledge of the law, against the all powerful, to stay out of jail in a pinch.

Cops live for those who don't know their rights, they're easy prey, and the more this kid stands there answering her endless questions, the more ammunition she may well be gathering to find an excuse for an easy arrest to pad her stat sheet. The less you give them, the less they have to use against you, it's as simple as that.

I look at most of these videos through the eyes of a defense attorney, so I don't really care (for the large part) who the defendant is, how well read they are, what they happen to be up to, etc. Did the cop have enough probable cause to detain or make an arrest is the bottom line. She goes home at the end of each shift no matter what, so if possible, it's up to those she encounters to try and assure the same for themselves.

Innocent until proven guilty still stands, but it has to be fought for.

My 2 cents anyway.

This is a good example of when/why "I'm not going to be answering any questions" is never a bad idea, no matter how nice the cop may be. At least in a country with a 4TH Amendment:

Socrates

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th February 2023), Aragorn (24th February 2023), Wind (24th February 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    The gist of this thread is to highlight, for Americans anyway, how the powerless can use knowledge of the law, against the all powerful, to stay out of jail in a pinch.

Cops live for those who don't know their rights, [...
    Now that's as much a prejudicial statement and just as wrong as the behavior of the bad cops you've been exposing, in my humble opinion.

...] they're easy prey, and the more this kid stands there answering her endless questions, the more ammunition she may well be gathering to find an excuse for an easy arrest to pad her stat sheet. The less you give them, the less they have to use against you, it's as simple as that.

I look at most of these videos through the eyes of a defense attorney, so I don't really care (for the large part) who the defendant is, how well read they are, what they happen to be up to, etc. Did the cop have enough probable cause to detain or make an arrest is the bottom line. She goes home at the end of each shift no matter what, so if possible, it's up to those she encounters to try and assure the same for themselves.

But that applies to cops just the same. They too are innocent until proven guilty, no matter how many of them are guilty. Otherwise it's just another "us versus them", isn't it?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2023), Fred Steeves (24th February 2023), Wind (24th February 2023)

Thanks

Cops live for those who don't know their rights, [...
    Now that's as much a prejudicial statement and just as wrong as the behavior of the bad cops you've been exposing, in my humble opinion.
    Well I'm not saying every cop is out to get you, there are of course some good ones and I've also highlighted that is this thread, but alas, the great however; the old saying that for the hammer, everything looks like a nail. To a cop, a lot of things start looking suspicious, and a lot of them really get off on their power.

For instance, the typical traffic stop is synonymous to a fishing expedition. At bare minimum the driver may have committed an infraction, but from the moment the cop approaches the car they're radar is poised to ping on anything else that may be going on as well, and besides looking around the car for evidence of probable cause for anything else, often times a Q & A session can reveal cause for further investigation.

The best way to not give them anything else to go on besides the initial infraction, is to not start answering questions to help them along in their investigation of trying to find something else you may have done wrong. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see anything particularly prejudicial beyond calling a spade a spade. Cops are paid to investigate for crimes, and it's up to the individual whether they're going to aid them in their investigation. A lot of cops are bullies, and sure as shit they will take full advantage of someone who doesn't know that they're allowed to just say "I don't want to answer any questions". No different than "no, I don't want you searching my car" just to appease your suspicions.

...] they're easy prey, and the more this kid stands there answering her endless questions, the more ammunition she may well be gathering to find an excuse for an easy arrest to pad her stat sheet. The less you give them, the less they have to use against you, it's as simple as that.

But that applies to cops just the same. They too are innocent until proven guilty, no matter how many of them are guilty. Otherwise it's just another "us versus them", isn't it?

Well, exactly what accusation of a crime did I cast at this cop, or any others in general? So far as I can tell, I'm just pointing out how they are trained to do their job (like a prosecutor), and ways to keep them from gathering together enough cause to make an arrest (like a defense attorney).

Now so far as the kid here is concerned, which is the same for anyone just walking down the street minding their own business, he's not even being detained as in the lawful traffic stop. She's approaching him cold.

Unless officially detained, no one is required to talk to a cop if approached, at all. Now personally, I would entertain a brief conversation just to see what they want, and out of general respect; but soon as I catch wind that they're on a fishing expedition like this lady cop was with the kid?

It doesn't matter how nice or polite they're being, the conversation is over and I'm asking "am I detained or am I free to go?" Either shit, or get off the pot, and that's precisely what the kid did regardless of the style in which he did it. The law was on his side. He knew it, and the cop knew it. He chose not to be of aid to her investigation into whether she could find something to charge him with or not. It's never a good idea to be of aid in your own prosecution.

Socrates

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2023), Aragorn (25th February 2023), Wind (24th February 2023)

Thanks
    Here's an excellent example of when it's time to nip co-operation with the police in the bud. Starts out with state trooper and driver having "a friendly chat", by 13 minutes in driver is in cuffs, and there's no more friendly chat.

Had driver noticed the friendly fishing expedition early on, simply asked for his ticket while invoking his right to discontinue his assistance in the ongoing investigation by shutting the fuck up, he may well have been back on his way again by that 13 minute mark, rather than facing a lengthy prison sentence.

The trooper is friendly and chatty as can be when he wants something, but it's all an act, soon as he gets what he wants it's back to where he's most comfortable. Being big boss man.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTG4yhtZ2Rg

This is how it's done, by the book. Using people's ignorance of their rights against them.

Note that driver also gave permission for boss man to search his vehicle (always a mistake!). Driver also had the right to say no to that but, by the time it happened it was already too late, boss man had sufficient reasonable suspicion from their "friendly chats" by that point and probably would have just called a dog in anyway. But regardless, it still doesn't hurt to try and hamper their efforts.

Socrates

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd June 2023), Aragorn (25th February 2023), Wind (24th February 2023)

Thanks

These Must Be Boss Hogg's Boys

HonorYourOath Civil Rights Investigations 10 hours ago (edited)
    5/30/23 - Town of Waveland Mississippi. This is an HonorYourOath Civil Rights Investigation.
    I’ll probably get some grief in the YouTube comments about giving up my ID but once a cop tells me that he literally doesn’t care, its time for me to try and get out of there while I’m still alive. Especially when its the supervisor. Sgt. Joffrion literally had me in fear for my life.
    Jeff Gray is the OG of 1ST Amendment auditing, he doesn't scare easily. (6 minutes)

Socrates

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2023), Wind (2nd June 2023)