Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Grace Under Pressure

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    This is pap, but I know the authoritarian slavers at such stuff. I have seen a video of a drunken friend that is ten times funnier. That's living it, friends.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th December 2019), Elen (16th December 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Are there still older and more experienced officers in our nations police forces? They are the ones who keep the young hot-heads under control and help train them to have grace under pressure.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,967 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Are there still older and more experienced officers in our nations police forces? They are the ones who keep the young hot-heads under control and help train them to have grace under pressure.
    Or the other way around, perhaps? Over here, there are many of the old-school officers who maintain an attitude of authoritarian supremacy toward the citizens, while the younger cops generally appear far more liberal and humane.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (16th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2019)

Thanks
    In DT's Dr. Wood thread she mentions his concept of a civilian police force. My thought has always been that any individual that WANTS to be a cop should not be allowed to do so. I figured drafting police officers from the general public could be a workable approach.

A consensus years in the making had been growing to separate the work of a 'Military force' from that of a 'international police force' with the military's prime function of one of killing and the international police force one of 'nation building'. It was a beautiful expression of 'practical reality'. This approach was manifest in Obama's manner of handling countries engaged in bad acting. The world changed as Putin strove to revive the cold war and have a statue made in his own honor. And we mustn't forget Trump's desire for his own statue, of course, made a little taller than Putin's and with bigger hands.

Essentially, Putin threw the definition of a bad acting nation into turmoil and made the non-machiavellian philosophy unworkable under the extant conditions.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Why in the hell is the broken record of Trump/Putin Derangement Syndrome being spewed into a cop thread? Can someone please explain that one to me?

You know, it's likely that the relentless drum beat of tired old crap like this plays a sizeable role in why TOT has been slowly, but surely, whittled down to a ghost town...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (16th December 2019), modwiz (16th December 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Why in the hell is the broken record of Trump/Putin Derangement Syndrome being spewed into a cop thread? Can someone please explain that one to me?

You know, it's likely that the relentless drum beat of tired old crap like this plays a sizeable role in why TOT has been slowly, but surely, whittled down to a ghost town...
    I'm afraid I have to agree with you on that, Frederico mi hermano. This obsession with politics is a disease.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (16th December 2019), modwiz (16th December 2019)

Thanks
    People leave Fred, because they don't see any value in cop threads! If people wanted to see cops they would watch the news. Not come here to be introduced to real thoughts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (16th December 2019)

Thanks
    oh brother...

I use Trump to demonstrate a point ABOUT life and the authoritarian personality. Cops can be used, as well, but they don't provide as a sparkling analogy of my point. I can't believe that we haven't stretched our perceptual awareness beyond the black and white of politics. I spent minutes building the point about world military, law enforcement, and motivations and bundled it up with the best living example we have and all that is pulled from it...is the 'name' used. That is so shallow it truly is sad. To know that we live in a world that is limited in its ability to see to the meat of any concept. I give up...I simply can't get my mind to function at that simplistic of level

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow, this has been quite the clinic on "Thread Trolling 101".

Are you done embarrassing yourself again NAP, or are you going to continue with your little public temper tantrum?

Socrates

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2019), Elen (16th December 2019)

Thanks
    lol, Fred, I'm done. The gap is too large between you and I. I will keep that in mind for the future. Know as well, I bear no animosity, you are entitled to be who you are as I am. I just need to keep in mind that sometimes people just don't get it or me and i don't possess a mandate that says you have to understand me and it is best to just keep plenty of distance. My ex wife was like that and we're divorced obviously. And it was my bad, I came to your space, but I won't in the future. Until of course my frustration with the world overcomes me again... lol.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Fred,

I'd like to hear what you find valuable about cops? The guns, the tough guy facade, the willingness to beat innocent people, Being the Master, the helmets, the jack boots, the whiteness, murder of black people, the covert raping, the lines they draw on the avenues, the distaste of humanity, the power drawn from not within but bestowed by those like them (power in powerful numbers), I could go on but I'll stop for now.

That should give us plenty to discuss without even mentioning Trump...

Thanks
    That's enough now, NotAPretender. I can remove you from this thread, you know. And I will if I have to.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (17th December 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th December 2019), Wind (17th December 2019)

Thanks
    yes, I know Aragorn...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Elen (17th December 2019)

Thanks
    If your bound by Admin duties to put a lid on this then I understand Aragorn, do what ya gotta do, but just to be clear as the creator of this thread, I'm personally okay with it. I did give him the choice yesterday:

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Wow, this has been quite the clinic on "Thread Trolling 101".

Are you done embarrassing yourself again NAP, or are you going to continue with your little public temper tantrum?

Socrates

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2019), Dreamtimer (20th December 2019), Wind (17th December 2019)

Thanks
    yes, Fred, Aragorn is bound by his Admin duties to put a lid on me...pfft...Aragorn has already shown me the light so your input is really not needed anymore than mine is... LOL!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th December 2019)