Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Grace Under Pressure

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    This is giving me great hope for the future...surely it's not just in the US, but a worldwide phenomena. The young people are coming and they are different than the "old world". Thanks for sharing this Dreamtimer!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th November 2019), Aragorn (19th September 2019), Dreamtimer (19th September 2019), Fred Steeves (19th September 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    If I was in the room I'd tell Jimmy that I remember the police abuse of Occupy Wall Street including confiscating and then basically destroying their library of donated books. The police behaved terribly, I haven't forgotten.

You're welcome, Elen.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th November 2019), Aragorn (19th September 2019), Elen (19th September 2019), Fred Steeves (19th September 2019)

Thanks
    If I was in the room I'd tell Jimmy that I remember the police abuse of Occupy Wall Street including confiscating and then basically destroying their library of donated books. The police behaved terribly, I haven't forgotten.

Here's another segment with Jimmy and Michael. At 9:45 they discuss the 2nd Amendment.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th November 2019), Aragorn (19th September 2019), Elen (19th September 2019), Fred Steeves (19th September 2019)

Thanks
    This is the last segment, I believe. They discuss an encounter in New York between a bicycle deliverer and a cop.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Michael went back on Jimmy's show in December of that year.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    W a y t o g o Baltimore !!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th November 2019), Aragorn (19th September 2019), Dreamtimer (19th September 2019), Fred Steeves (19th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Michael has had quite the awakening to what he used to be, and how he served the system not the people. Often times watching his chagrin over who he used to be gives me little flashbacks to when I used to bow at the alter of the neocons like Cheney and Bolton, and think that war was the answer to all problems. Sometimes people change in dramatic fashion like that but not very often.

Anyway, there's a saying going around the cop block community "Earning The Hate", it often comes up in a video title showing yet another example of police misconduct. I don't happen to go along with that sentiment because I will still always choose to judge cops, or anyone for that matter, on an individual basis. However, after watching this shit for 3-4 years now I think I can spot the early tell tale signs of an encounter with a bad cop pretty quickly now, and go from friendly and cooperative to asserting my rights and asking for reasonable suspicion.

I think the state troopers are by far the worst, almost nothing but a stalk and fleece money making operation and nothing else. Road bandits, they piss both me and my wife off. Just the other day we were parked facing the road in a fast food parking lot waiting to follow a friend who would soon be driving by to lead us somewhere. A trooper drove by slowly, gave me the double take but continued on. Soon as I saw the double take the wheels started turning for how I might handle potential scenarios depending on how he might present himself.

I could see how my positioning may look a wee bit suspicious, and were he to just approach and ask politely I would gladly tell him exactly what I'm doing, "I'm waiting for someone". Then again should he approach accusingly with that typical cop condescension, I would more likely have come back with "do you have reasonable suspicion that I'm doing something illegal?" You show me respect I show you respect. You come at be with a big fat chip on your bully shoulder I start politely asking YOU questions, asserting my constitutional rights, and the video starts rolling. No game playing.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th November 2019), Aragorn (19th September 2019), Dreamtimer (19th September 2019), Elen (20th September 2019), Wind (19th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    That's the first time I heard the term gypsy cops.

I've said it before, my ex-brother-in-law is a cop...I would trust the average drug dealer more than him. My brother's 2nd career was Law Enforcement. He started life as a individual that was headed to prison and/or death by cop...when he was 13 years old. A weird intervention changed his path, but he has never been emotionally stable.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th November 2019), Aragorn (22nd September 2019), Dreamtimer (21st September 2019), Elen (23rd September 2019), Wind (22nd September 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Jesus Christ, that was utterly disturbing.
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Yes. It disgusts me that "The Thin Blue Line" is so protective of its own in this country that not only did this vicious piece of shit not face formal charges, but is still out patrolling the streets just with a different department. Gypsy cops, just shuffle them around same as the pedophile priests...
    On the flip side of this equation, "Officer 401" is one of the cops I follow on YouTube. This is not only a good genuine cop, but a good genuine man as well, and this latest 12 minute video about PTSD really gives us some good insights on other side of things. I actually got a bit emotional watching this:

Socrates

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2019), Aragorn (29th September 2019), Dreamtimer (29th September 2019), Elen (29th September 2019)

Thanks
    These guys crack me up. Very good tips for dealing with cops: short, concise, straight to the point.

What do you do when they start asking questions?

You shut the fuck up!

Socrates

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th November 2019), Aragorn (15th November 2019), Dreamtimer (15th November 2019), Elen (20th November 2019)

Thanks
    I'm in a funny mood with this subject right now and this one is hilarious! Well, with my off brand of humor anyway...

This guy "Think Like A Cop" is like a 30 year veteran with lots of very good information to share from his experience, he's a real person that sees most things from all sides, but he also likes his funnies.

Socrates

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2019), Aragorn (3rd December 2019), Dreamtimer (5th December 2019), Elen (4th December 2019)

Thanks
    "Mr. Turner..."

"Yo"

Did the video maker call her a quota? Dang, that's rude.

"Is you drunk?"

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th December 2019), Elen (6th December 2019), Fred Steeves (5th December 2019)

Thanks
    Soooooooo, a pair of videos here to illustrate why guns are only dangerous in the hands of civilians, but safe and helpful when used by government officials. Just kidding, a bit of sarcasm because to start off because this shit is getting out of control, with no consequesces. There's been two recent wide open shootouts with police here in the States, one on a crowded Florida highway, the other in a dense urban area of New Jersey.

The one in Florida involved a carjacking of a UPS truck, the carjacker was shot dead by police, but so was the UPS driver and another civilian who got caught in the crossfire. I just love the pitiful excuse we hear towards the end, but hey we're the government and we're here to help...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW3Y4xtccUQ

The other one in Jersey City appears to be a drug deal gone bad, although now I'm hearing terrorist attack because the bad guys got cornered in a Jewish market. Personally I think the terrorist angle is to cover for how ridiculously heavy handed and out of control the police response was.

Besides the two bad guys, three innocent civilians were killed, and I've yet to hear confirmed whether they were shot by the bad guys, or in the hail of police bullets. I like how my new buddy "Think Like A Cop" thinks about stuff like this. Never mind the "Liberal" digs he likes to sprinkle around in his videos (he's from Texas LOL), but I think even through that bias he does make some good points along those lines, and I definitely appreciate his common sense approach combined with 30 years of police experience.

I think he gives a very good breakdown here, this one was truly unbelievable:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0lcQpL-xIU

The silly thing about this is that if a legal gun carrying person like myself were to be this reckless with their firearm, resulting in the death of an innocent bystander, they would be locked up and the key thrown away. It would also be a public shaming, and with a fresh round of hand wringing for much stricter gun control to boot, but not when government does it. Funny how that works...

No, there will be no shaming here, zero calls to demilitarize the police, and zero calls for training in de-escalation and negotiating tactics like they used to use, before Homeland Security turned them into shoot 'em up Rambo.

Nope, and all these guys will probably get another ribbon to go on their dress blues from this for their heroism.

Socrates

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2019), Aragorn (13th December 2019), Elen (14th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,967 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    The silly thing about this is that if a legal gun carrying person like myself were to be this reckless with their firearm, resulting in the death of an innocent bystander, they would be locked up and the key thrown away. It would also be a public shaming, and with a fresh round of hand wringing for much stricter gun control to boot, but not when government does it. Funny how that works...
    Why Fred, didn't you know that all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2019), Elen (14th December 2019), Fred Steeves (13th December 2019)

Thanks
    Ha ha, nice one George!

Socrates

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2019), Aragorn (13th December 2019), Elen (14th December 2019)