Thread: A.T.L. Carver | Meme Magic: Pepe, Trump, & The Cult of Kek

Thanks
    Thanked 37,151 Times in 7,346 Posts

Question A.T.L. Carver | Meme Magic: Pepe, Trump, & The Cult of Kek

A.T.L. Carver | Meme Magic: Pepe, Trump, & The Cult of Kek

From TheHighersideChats

Join host Greg Carlwood of The Higherside Chats podcast as he talks meme magick, Pepe the Frog, and Trump with guest, ATL Carver.

We have spent plenty of time in past episodes exploring the potential influence of both magick and the immortal, archetypal beings it can conjure up. And although many of us can see there's something there, the line between otherworldly influence and potential coincidence often blurs too much to be sure what's what. As much as we might want to see things as black and white- it does seem increasingly obvious that we're living in a world of gray.

So when we hear a story such as The Council of Nine, and realize that in the "oh so strange year of 1947"- prominent, influential members of the upper crust were experiencing ritual contact with beings that claimed to be ancient Egyptian gods, poised to work their will through these elite liaisons- we should probably pay attention. And when someone makes the case that, in the words of today's guest "We live in a world where a group of internet misfits meme-magicked a celebrity madman into the White House with the help of an ancient Egyptian deity", wee should definitely pay attention.

Today's guest, ATL Carver, is a thoughtful observer of mental phenomena, student of esoteric philosophy and author of the most prominent piece on today's strange subject "The Truth About Pepe the Frog & The Cult of Kek", as well as his first book on the power of personal magic called "You're Imagining Things".

Want more ATL Carver? Keep up-to date with the newest Pepe news or find him on Twitter. And if you're looking to enter the realm of magick, check out his book "You're Imagining Things".
    Published on Dec 28, 2016

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (29th December 2016), Elen (30th December 2016), heyokah (29th December 2016), Innocent Warrior (30th December 2016), modwiz (31st December 2016), sandy (31st December 2016), starry night (21st March 2019), Woody (29th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,151 Times in 7,346 Posts

Question

... 'never going to be the same again' ...

Strange Magic

Electric Light Orchestra

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (29th December 2016), Elen (30th December 2016), Innocent Warrior (30th December 2016), modwiz (31st December 2016), starry night (21st March 2019)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 164 Posts
    On Gio's Cosmic Emporium Dreamtimer wrote (#1107) -
    ...I really didn't know much about Pepe and his evolution. Fascinating stuff. Chaos magic in action.
    Information covering the evolution of the Pepe meme magic HERE.

I've added a book titled Oven-Ready Chaos to the library here, for anyone interested in how Chaos magic works. It's a short book but if you just want to skip to sigil magic, begin at page 31.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (31st December 2016), Elen (31st December 2016), Gio (30th December 2016), Maggie (31st December 2016), modwiz (31st December 2016), starry night (21st March 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Innocent Warrior View Post
    Information covering the evolution of the Pepe meme magic HERE.
    This is all just really fascinating to me.
    Thanks for the sigil info.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (31st December 2016), Elen (31st December 2016), Gio (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2016), modwiz (31st December 2016), starry night (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    #203 - Grimerica Talks Memes, Pepe, and Kek with ATL Carver
    starts at 55:30 minutes

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS0FaRdjiYQ

Synchromystic Nature of Pepe/Kek & Occult Meme Magic of the Alt-Right
    From RediceTV.
    I actually have watched other Styx videos...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFsb2zKV3nw
    Last edited by Maggie, 31st December 2016 at 03:56.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (31st December 2016), Elen (31st December 2016), Gio (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (31st December 2016), starry night (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    I think this story is much more interesting than the "Mandela" effect. I see evidence of how a focused intent completely untied the expected course of an election and brought the 777 man online. I think this may be ushering in a new era of realization that we DO create what we see. If it was an accident of mass numbers "getting" into the events, well, how better to see we make our "gods" come alive?

And if we KNOW that corporate style logos appeal FOR a Logos (in Jungian psychology the principle of reason and judgment, associated with the animus: what is intended), IMO we are in a much more powerful position to counteract with our own intention.

So IMO a co-opted symbol can be taken back for our own purposes when we focus OUR intent.
    The ignorance of our power is what makes us think that "what we see" is what we GET (moving towards a future)".
    No, what we see is what we already ordered and appeared.

It excites me tremendously to grasp more and more of the principles.
    There is technology to this and it trumps (hehe) when applied with mastery.

This is what I have already learned
    What we put out with our energy is going to return in kind.
    Being wishy washy loses power.
    Inserting our own thought forms for our vision builds power when shared by others.
    I am really excited to see how these ideas of chaos magic tech unfold.
    Happy New Era of Magic and Mystery to us all!!!

An Introduction to Chaos Magick and Sigils

Chaos Magick is based upon the tradition of Ceremonial Magick in Europe and America, which includes everything from summoning demons and talking to angels in the Christian tradition, complex initiation rituals using Egyptian god-forms in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and the New Aeon Magick of Aleister Crowley. Chaos Magick was formed by a number of magicians who relaxed the rules, stripping Ceremonial Magick down to its core and focusing on experimentation.

One of the most popular aspects of Chaos Magick is the use of sigils, which are symbols used to represent something else. Some magicians use more ancient sigils, like these related Venus depicted below:

Nowadays, sigil magick is most closely associated with Chaos Magick. In Condensed Chaos, Phil Hine breaks down the process for a successful sigil. As in Ceremonial Magick, the operator must make a statement of intent about the magical operation—either verbalizing it or writing it down. That way the purpose of the sigil is completely clear, and any aberrant thoughts in your mind won’t change its intent. Next create the sigil. The next step is to project the sigil into the “multiverse.” This can be done through meditating on the sigil, having an orgasm while staring at the sigil, or doing a magical ritual to charge the sigil. Finally, forget the original intent of the sigil, because the whole point of using it is to tap into your unconscious mind, and thinking about your desire consciously interrupts that process. Another reason to forget about the sigil is to display confidence in its efficacy. Aleister Crowley wrote in Chapter XIX of Magick Without Tears about the “The Act of Truth” which he described as “devastatingly effective.” It involves such complete confidence in an outcome that you act like it’s already going to happen, “that an eager wish is an accomplished fact. a reasonable anxiety, entirely unfounded—and to act accordingly.”

Posting a Pepe the Frog meme fits this description of the process of sigil magic. For one, most people who post Pepe memes related to the 2016 presidential election know their intent—to help Donald Trump and to hurt Hillary Clinton’s campaign. But meme posters might want to spend more time clarifying their intent if they want to turn memes into actual sigils. Next, creating the sigil involves either finding an existing Pepe meme or creating a new one. Projecting the sigil is done by posting it online; however, to works on more planes just the physical, the posting process should be done in a state of gnosis. Given how worked up today’s keyboard warriors get, such an altered state might be achieved by some simply by being on the alternate world of the Internet.

It’s obvious there could be some Magick involved in posting Pepe memes/sigils. Most who post these images probably aren’t aware of Chaos Magick, though, making the meme primarily effective on the level of Malkuth (the physical world and four elements). Because there are so many people posting Pepe memes, using the collective emotions, concentration and intensity of Trump supporters, it’s apparent the Pepe image has moved from a mere cartoon to an actual sigil with a lot of force behind it. And the fact that the image has clearly rattled the Clinton campaign and groups like the SPLC and ADL lends even more credence to Pepe’s status as magical sigil.

Another thing that’s happening with Pepe/Kek is that all the energy focused on the memes is creating an egregore, defined either as a kind of collective mind or as an actual entity. As more Pepe/Kek memes are shared, as more people think about him and his attributes as “bringer-in of light,” the more powerful he will be. Even if Pepe isn’t an avatar of a more ancient god, it doesn’t matter since he’s being created as a new thought form on his own.
    Last edited by Maggie, 31st December 2016 at 15:44.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (1st January 2017), Elen (1st January 2017), Gio (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (1st January 2017), starry night (21st March 2019)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    For me magic is a state of being, experienced in the moment with its seeds having being planted in the past. It’s an art of consciousness and the experience is the masterpiece. The greatest master artist of us all is Source and as an individual of the manifested masterpiece, I take my lead from God and flow with Source (same being, different relevant aspects/concepts), so I’ve never had any desire to practice magic in the traditional sense. I have nothing against the practice of magic and if it was a passion of mine I’d practice it, it’s just not my way, but if it was I’d never have anything to do with some Egyptian god, and I’m using the term god very loosely.

I see a lack of critical thinking in regards to the general tone towards the whole Pepe meme magic thing. The assumptions don’t feel right to me.

It has been assumed that the 4chan posters are the ones doing the magic when they could just as easily just be being used to power a hypersigil carrying another party’s intent.

The author of the page I posted is ATL Carver in the OP interview. In the written report he informs us we don’t need to know where Pepe first originated. That’s an assumption based on the assumption that the magicians are the 4chan posters. In the interview he then informs us that it originated from a cartoonist but that it’s not relevant because he drew it with a smile and 4chan posted it with a frown and they resonated with the frown. Possibly, also possibly not, this should be at least explored and known though.

It’s as if all the other elements were placed, ready to be linked at this later date, Mr Carver himself notes this in the interview. Consciousness requires only the lightest touch to make big effects, a push in the right direction and there it is - all linked up. In this case that push would be the frog and understanding where it first emerged and how it emerged seems like a pretty important element to know to me. Especially considering the themes involved; bringer of light, chaos, Kek etc.

Note where the clock has turned up since that report and how. Very shortly after Trump won the election, Lady Gaga ‘protested’ outside Trump tower, right next to the clock, that same clock in the report. Next we see the clocks on her pants on remembrance day when she was photographed wearing a shirt with “purple rain in my brain” written on it, the colour purple is associated with magic btw. It could be nothing, however, the 4chan posters aren’t exactly keeping good company when it comes to others who have displayed the same symbols to the masses.

It looks like magic to me, I’m just not convinced the 4chan posters are the magicians.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (1st January 2017), Elen (1st January 2017), Gio (10th January 2017), Maggie (1st January 2017), starry night (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I agree, Innocent Warrior. The 4 chan posters are helping to manifest something but they're not the magicians.

I also personally agree with and relate to your expression of your relationship with magic although I'm not sure I could have phrased it so eloquently. Thanks for sharing that.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Elen (1st January 2017), Gio (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (1st January 2017), starry night (21st March 2019)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Just throwing this musing out there, I didn’t get far with it but the calculator may be worth keeping in mind as a possible loose guide, a little bit like looking at the Illuminati playing cards for possible insights on the latest planned event (worked brilliantly for me once).

I was looking at how these different Pepe meme symbols relate to each other and form this thread of connections, e.g. everything in the Pepe report and then Lady Gaga at the clock and then the clocks on her pants, connecting it to the colour purple, remembering Clinton wore purple the day after the election. I was wondering if anything could be learned from following a thread of connections like this and ended up coming across a Gematria calculator. I found I could follow phrases or words numerically related to each other in this way, which formed a thread of connections much the same as observed with the Pepe meme example.

The Gematria calculator I’ve been using is HERE.

From that page -

Gematria / Gimatria

Gematria or gimatria (Hebrew: גימטריה‎, gēmaṭriyā) is a system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase, in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values bear some relation to each other, or bear some relation to the number itself as it may apply to a person's age, the calendar year, or the like. The word "gematria" is generally held to derive from Greek geōmetriā, "geometry", which was used a translation of gēmaṭriyā, though some scholars believe it to derive from Greek grammateia, rather; it's possible that both words had an influence on the formation of the Hebrew word.[1] It has been extant in English since the 17th century from translations of works by Giovanni Pico della Mirandola. Although ostensibly derived from Greek, it is largely used in Jewish texts, notably in those associated with the Kabbalah. The best-known example of Gematria is the Hebrew word Chai ("life"), which is composed of two letters which add up to 18. This has made 18 a "lucky number" among Jews, and gifts in multiples of $18 are very common among Jews. Some identify two forms of gematria: the "revealed" form, which is prevalent in many hermeneutic methods found throughout Rabbinic literature, and the "mystical" form, a largely Kabbalistic practice.[2] Though gematria is most often used to calculate the values of individual words, psukim (Biblical verses), Talmudical aphorisms, sentences from the standard Jewish prayers, personal, angelic and Godly names, and other religiously significant material, Kabbalists use them often for arbitrary phrases and, occasionally, for various languages. A few intances of gematria in Arabic, Spanish and Greek, spelled with the Hebrew letters, are mentioned in the works of Rabbi Abraham Abulafia[3]; some Hasidic Rabbis also used it, though rarely, for Yiddish[4]. However, the primary language for gematria calculations has always been and remains Hebrew and, to a lesser degree, Aramaic.
    A table showing the values for each letter is on the page I linked above.

I know little more about it than that but it seems to me like some language phenomenon that could be used as a code and thought I’d check it out. I played with it here and there over a few days and found some pretty interesting connections. I was thinking how this could be applied in magic and entered various elements of the Pepe meme to see if any parallels between the meme themes and the Gematria emerged. I didn’t find the rock solid thread I was hoping for but did find some interesting connections, so today I entered the number 77.

When I enter something in the calculator I then follow the most vivid and direct connection and see where it leads me. If there aren’t any obvious connections I go by intuition and choose one and see what it brings up. Just exploring that idea, but interesting.

I entered 77.

No obvious connections so next I chose “Obamas God” from the simple Gematria results returned by entering the number 77, an intuitive choice.

Bingo, the results returned “4chan Is Obama”, it shares the same Jewish value.

What are the chances of that? Out of all the possible words and phrases I get a phrase with 4chan in it. So I think there could be something to that but I’m not bright or patient enough to figure it out and even if I was, it’s possible secret keys are used to form the threads and I’d never find what I’m looking for without them.

The calculator is pretty fun to use with words or phrases related to you personally too.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior, 1st January 2017 at 06:27. Reason: clarified

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st January 2017), Dreamtimer (1st January 2017), Elen (2nd January 2017), Gio (10th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Just dang, nice share.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st January 2017), Elen (2nd January 2017), Gio (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (1st January 2017)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Cheers Aianawa. I was thinking I probably shouldn't have posted something like that after my comment about a lack of critical thinking so I'm glad someone appreciated it. It's pretty useless information really but curious nonetheless.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd March 2019), Dreamtimer (1st January 2017), Elen (2nd January 2017), Gio (10th January 2017)

Thanks
    Gary Lachman has written a book called Dark Star Rising: Magick and Power in the age of Trump.

He was on Rune Soup talking about it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X--eQM-Huyo

Here is an article he wrote about the book.

This is an excerpt from my new book, Dark Star Rising: Magick and Power in the Age of Trump. In it I look at some of the strange “occult politics” that seem to be have been a part of President Trump’s campaign and election – and which may well still be at work – and which are also an important influence on the shady, slightly sinister milieu surrounding his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin. The excerpt below, which comes from the Introduction, tells how I first came across the idea that something more than dissatisfaction with Hillary Clinton may have had a hand in Trump’s “victory.” One blog post led to another, and I soon found myself following a trail of esoteric clues leading to a fascinating and disturbing web of occult ideas, involving chaos magick, New Thought, Traditionalism, postmodernism, neo-fascism, the alt-right, Pepe the Frog, and more post-truths and alternate facts than you might think possible, in a world in which it increasingly seems that anything can happen…

On Facebook one afternoon, I came across something that Harvey Bishop, the New Thought blogger, had posted. New Thought, as readers may know, is a generic name for a variety of different beliefs, philosophies, and practices that have as their central theme the idea that the mind can influence reality directly, that through mental effort alone, we can “make things happen.” Starting in its present form in the early twentieth century, it has had many revivals and is by now in some version a mainstay of New Age and spiritual belief. Some readers may be aware of New Thought through Rhoda Byrne’s The Secret, a bestselling book and film of some years back. As Mental Science, Science of Mind and other names, New Thought teaches methods of visualization and creative imagination, through which one can envision a future reality and make it come true. Imagined with enough will, persistence, and commitment, the envisioned future will, it affirms, come about.

Bishop and other New Thought practitioners emphasize the positive aspects of New Thought and its links to spirituality. Indeed, one of its most popular claims is that through the “power of positive thinking” – the title of an immensely successful book about New Thought – one can achieve one’s aims, accomplish one’s goals, and in general secure a good and fulfilled life. But Bishop’s post was not about this. It concerned something much darker.

One of the most disturbing after effects of billionaire Donald Trump’s victory in the November 2016 United States presidential contest occurred at the annual meeting of the National Policy Institute, held in the Ronald Reagan Building, not far from the White House, shortly after the election. “National Policy Institute” seems an innocuous name for what many believe is a white nationalist organisation. Trump’s ascendancy has been seen by the far right – in the United States and also in Europe – as a sign that liberal dominance was over and that it was their turn in power. During Trump’s campaign a loosely connected new far right movement emerged on the internet, christened by the National Policy Institute’s leader, Richard Spencer, as the “alternative right,” or “alt-right,” to differentiate it from its unsophisticated predecessors. Delighted by Trump’s victory, Spencer greeted the NPI meeting with a chilling cheer, which was received with an even more ominous response. As Spencer declaimed “Hail Trump, hail our people, hail our victory!” the crowd responded with enthusiastic applause and not a few Hitler salutes – or, as Spencer later explained, Roman ones. What is more disturbing is that Spencer and his followers took credit for Trump’s victory. He called it “a victory of the will,” and declared that “We willed Donald Trump into office, we made this dream our reality.”

As Bishop pointed out, making dreams a reality is a central aim of New Thought. It takes an ardent wish and, through the power of willed intention, materializes it. In his post Bishop expressed concern that Spencer and his followers may have taken a leaf from New Thought’s book and turned the power of positive thinking to something that Bishop, and many others, did not consider very positive.

Exactly how Spencer and the alt-right “dreamed” Trump into office – if indeed they did – will be examined further on. Here I can say that it seems to have involved what is known as “meme magic.” Meme is a term that comes from the biologist Richard Dawkins, of “selfish gene” fame, who argued that memes serve the same function in culture as genes do in organisms. Memes are ideas, behaviours, styles, images, symbols, slogans, or any other cultural development that can be transmitted to and imitated by others. Memes are flexible and are influenced by their transmission, rather like a game of “Chinese whispers” or “telephone,” in which a message gets distorted as it is whispered from one person to another, and in the end, winds up very different from how it began. When Dawkins first coined the term, back in 1989, the main media for the dispersal of memes were books, art, music, television, and films – old school stuff. Today they spread through the internet, rather like the similarly biologically rooted idea of “computer viruses.”

The “magic” end of meme magic comes from its link to what is known as “chaos magick.” What chaos magick is – it adopts the spelling favored by Aleister Crowley, the most famous magician of the twentieth century – will be explained further on. For now we can say that rather than stick to the spells, grimoires, rituals, ceremonies, and symbols of traditional magic, it prefers a “do-it-yourself” creative approach that favors the magician’s personal initiative and imagination, his ability, that is, to make it up as he goes along. Rather than fuss over wands and bells and incense, and getting the name of that particular demon just right, the chaos magician uses whatever is at hand. For today’s chaos magician, this means the memes that are propagated across the internet.

For chaos magicians and many other contemporary occultists, the internet serves the same purpose that the “astral plane” does for traditional magicians, as a kind of psychic ether that can transmit their willed intentions. Meme magic happens when something created on the internet bleeds into the “real world” and changes it. In effect it is a kind of induced “synchronicity,” the psychologist C. G. Jung’s term for the phenomena of “meaningful coincidence,” when what is happening in our inner world happens in our outer one too, without any apparent causal relation. If you substitute “internet” for “inner world” you can see the connection.

When it comes to the alt-right “magicians” who willed and dreamed Trump into the White House, the meme in question is a frog who goes by the name of Pepe. This may sound a bit confusing, but then the magick we are considering is interested in chaos after all.

Now, if all of this was limited to a small group of far right enthusiasts who in their excitement over a Trump victory let ideas about the power of positive thinking go to their heads, we could safely relegate it to the lunatic fringe along with believers in a flat earth, fake moon landings and other conspiracies. But that would be leaving out a key ingredient to the story. The president that Spencer and Co. believed they willed into office was, as I said, Donald Trump.

It is no secret that Trump himself is a keen believer in and promoter of conspiracy theories, with his advocacy of the Birther myth, his acceptance of “chemtrails,” and many other equally dubious propositions. What has also come out is that Trump himself is a devotee of “positive thinking.” As he himself said, he is the “greatest student” of the man who popularized the phrase, the Reverend Norman Vincent Peale. Peale’s book The Power of Positive Thinking, mentioned earlier, appeared in 1952 and was an immediate success, appropriate for a book that told its readers how they too could succeed in life. From Peale Trumped learned the great secret, that “the mind can overcome any obstacle.” It seems that the president the alt-right “willed” into office through the power of positive thinking, does quite a lot of positive thinking himself.

Yet what is also strange about this very strange development is that Trump seems to be something of a “natural” chaos magician too.

One thing that came through during Trump’s campaign, and which was made even clearer during the first months of his presidency, was that Trump did not operate as other politicians did. Many say this is what attracted voters to him. Opponents of Hillary Clinton’s bid for the White House complained that with her, it would be “business as usual,” meaning the standard bureaucracy and all that came with it would remain solidly in place. Trump said that with him, it would not be business as usual, and he was right. If one word captures for many the character of Trump’s time in office so far, it would have to be “chaos.” Yet while many believe the random, “non-linear”, contradictory and frankly confusing atmosphere that has accompanied Trump’s time in office suggests a president out of control, a look at his previous career suggests something different.

“I play it very loose,” Trump admits, in his self-help book The Art of the Deal, a work from beginning to end full of positive thinking. “You can’t be imaginative and entrepreneurial if you’ve got too much structure. I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops.” “Sometimes it pays to be a little wild,” Trump confesses. He is always confident of success, but if situations seem to pose problems, he will take his chances and rely on his chutzpa. He’ll “wing it and things will work out.”

Trump’s faith in his instincts and his ability to “move quickly and decisively when the time is right,” goes hand in hand with his perception of the fundamentally fluid nature of things, their volatile character, an insight that reaches back to the ancient Greek philosopher Heraclitus and which informs recent developments in science, like chaos theory. It also provides the basis for chaos magick. “Anything can change, without warning,” Trump believes. “And that’s why I try not to take any of what’s happening too seriously.”

That Trump does not take things too seriously can be gleaned from his many gnomic late-night tweets and non sequitur style interviews, which if nothing else reveal a flexible view of things like “truth” and “reality.” If, as one chaos magician tells us, for chaos magick, “reality becomes a playground,” a make-believe world “chaoticians” temporarily take for real, Trump’s often outrageous pronouncements give the impression that for him reality is a kind of playground too. Yet what is also interesting is that like New Thought, chaos magick is interested in results, in “making things happen.” It pursues “visible results by which the magician demonstrates to himself that he can do things which, a short while ago, never entered his mind as possibilities.” Getting a candidate into office might be one of those things. This is called “shifting the boundary of Achievable Reality,” which seems another way of expressing the desire to create reality itself.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd March 2019), Aragorn (4th June 2018), Elen (4th June 2018), Fred Steeves (3rd June 2018), Gio (20th March 2019), modwiz (4th June 2018), starry night (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    I am posting for those who missed it

08:46 The rise of "occult politics" in the Trump era
    13:32 Pepe the Frog and "willing Trump into office"
    17:07 Trickle-down metaphysics from Nietzsche to Trump
    28:45 Steve Bannon’s connection to European far-right esoteric philosophy
    38:12 "Putin’s Rasputin," Alexander Dugin
    50:49 Gary’s new project on the return of "Holy Russia"
    1:03:05 Gary's thoughts on Jordan Peterson

Originally published at http://meaningoflife.tv/videos/40732

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/JkGxPw4AJ5M
    Last edited by Maggie, 20th March 2019 at 00:37.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd March 2019), Aragorn (20th March 2019), Dreamtimer (20th March 2019), Elen (20th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st March 2019), starry night (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    At 28 minutes Gary says that he doesn't know if Trump knows about Kek.

Trump has been into conspiracy theories and InfoWars for years. There's no way he doesn't know. Anyone who is singing his praises is going to be on Trump's radar.

Lachman is being very politic.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd March 2019), Aragorn (21st March 2019), Elen (22nd March 2019), Maggie (22nd March 2019), starry night (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    wow, this is interesting to me, because of how much overlap I find with my own map of reality. I need to do some copypasta offline in order to contribute to the thread, though.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starry night For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd March 2019), Aragorn (22nd March 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd March 2019), Elen (22nd March 2019), Maggie (22nd March 2019)