Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

When

Likely we are the only forum without a xmas thread besides the NoLiesForum.com or are we going straight to happy new year ?.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th December 2016), Dreamtimer (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), enjoy being (17th December 2016), modwiz (17th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    Well, if nothing else, I say, "Merry Christmas" to all and to all "A Good Night"!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2016), Aragorn (17th December 2016), Dreamtimer (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), GCS1103 (18th December 2016), modwiz (17th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    For some, it is this time of year which they look forward to. Their annual holidays. The reset festival of the new year. I am just thankful they haven't made it March 31st to match the financial year. Though, the 3 month gap between was probably decided to be better for maintaining good production.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2016), Aragorn (17th December 2016), Dreamtimer (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), modwiz (17th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Likely we are the only forum without a xmas thread besides the NoLiesForum.com or are we going straight to happy new year ?.
    Be patient, my Kiwi friend. It's still only the 18th of December today. Last time I checked, Christmas was still on the 25th of December. Besides, you wouldn't want me to post something only half-cooked now, would you?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2016), Dreamtimer (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), enjoy being (17th December 2016), GCS1103 (18th December 2016), modwiz (17th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016), Wind (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Ha ha ha

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2016), Dreamtimer (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), modwiz (18th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I decided to turn on the Christmas background. It's festive and snowy. I like the New Years one too, though that one only lasts a day.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2016), Aragorn (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), modwiz (18th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    The what, where, You been sipping DT ?. getting into the xmas cheer lol.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2016), Dreamtimer (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), modwiz (18th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts
    The Christmas theme buddy.

Have a look at this thread .http://jandeane81.com/threads/10304-Christmas-Theme

cheers.
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2016), Aragorn (18th December 2016), Dreamtimer (18th December 2016), Elen (18th December 2016), modwiz (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I've been sipping here and there but not when I was posting.

Carolan's, it turns out, is not good with nutmeg. But if you add a little Bushmills to the mix, it's much better. Galway Bay eggnog is really good with nutmeg.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 18th December 2016 at 11:35.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th December 2016), Aragorn (18th December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), modwiz (18th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Be patient, my Kiwi friend. It's still only the 18th of December today. Last time I checked, Christmas was still on the 25th of December. Besides, you wouldn't want me to post something only half-cooked now, would you?
    Well, okay, here it is.

Quote Originally posted by The One View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I decided to turn on the Christmas background. It's festive and snowy. I like the New Years one too, though that one only lasts a day.
    The Christmas theme buddy.

Have a look at this thread .http://jandeane81.com/threads/10304-Christmas-Theme

cheers.
    And on New Year's Eve, we'll turn on the fireworks as well...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th December 2016), Dreamtimer (19th December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), modwiz (19th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Not wanting to be all bah humbug or similar - really don't care much for Christmas. I would never spoil it for Children but as we are all grown ups here - much prefer New Year. It is for everyone and does not require any shopping for gifts et cetera. New Year is about celebrating - celebrating for everyone and everything that matters.

Cannot help but think that at Christmas - all those who are homeless are reminded that they are way down on the list of importance, particularly those homeless people who live in metropolitan areas. They would sit in their dirty clothes, unable to keep themselves clean on a daily basis - as those who are completely brain washed and mind controlled rush around extending their credit cards with massive personal debt - why? Because the television/newspapers/radios tell them to buy things.

My apologies - I did get all bah humbug but I really really really did not mean to - just hard to pretend that Christmas means anything. Jesus was born in September so December 25th is not a birthday but a convenient 'marketing' date. Santa is an anagram of Satan. The purchasing of gifts - from a non existent entity is only a programming technique - designed purely to turn Children into consumers.

I am in the awakened state - so the Christmas thing doesn't do much for me. I do however appreciate the kind gestures that come my way - kindness I understand. I have only one question with regards to Christmas: Why can't people be good to one another all year round? I am all for 'Presence' rather than 'Presents'

All the best to everyone - in whatever manner you celebrate life and this time known as Christmas/Xmas/Yule. Didn't mean to get all bah humbug. Please bring on the 'Presence' - that I understand completely....

Much Respect & Much Peace - :unity::sun: - Amanda

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th December 2016), Aragorn (18th December 2016), Dreamtimer (19th December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), Maggie (20th December 2016), modwiz (19th December 2016), The One (18th December 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Not wanting to be all bah humbug or similar - really don't care much for Christmas. I would never spoil it for Children but as we are all grown ups here - much prefer New Year. It is for everyone and does not require any shopping for gifts et cetera. New Year is about celebrating - celebrating for everyone and everything that matters.
    Actually, in my family, we used to get presents on both Christmas Eve and New Year — or at least, until my mom died. The presents on Christmas Eve would be smaller things, and the bigger or more expensive gifts would be handed out at midnight between New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

They were also presents from one particular family member to another particular family member, so it wasn't anonymous as if "it all came from under the Christmas tree". Of course, that's where we'd put them, and then my brother would pick them up, shake them, squeeze them, or whatever, just to try and assess what might be hidden under the gift wrap.

Cannot help but think that at Christmas - all those who are homeless are reminded that they are way down on the list of importance, particularly those homeless people who live in metropolitan areas. They would sit in their dirty clothes, unable to keep themselves clean on a daily basis - as those who are completely brain washed and mind controlled rush around extending their credit cards with massive personal debt - why? Because the television/newspapers/radios tell them to buy things.
    Yeah, and the USA has just had its notorious Black Friday again. To myself — and I'm not sure whether it's just my mind or whether it's my cultural background — the behavior of the Acronymian population on that day is simply incomprehensible and decadent. I can't imagine such a thing existing over here, but given how our culture is so eager to adopt all things Acronymian, I wouldn't be surprised if one day we do find ourselves with a Black Friday over here after all.

My apologies - I did get all bah humbug but I really really really did not mean to - just hard to pretend that Christmas means anything. Jesus was born in September so December 25th is not a birthday but a convenient 'marketing' date.
    I've never heard that he would have been born in September. More likely, if the astronomical details regarding the historical context are correct, he would have been born in March.

Santa is an anagram of Satan.
    Um, no — I've heard this before, but that's not quite how the legend of Santa came to be. As the matter of fact, the character of Santa Claus is specific to the Anglo-Saxon world, and is actually a contraction of several separate characters:

• the personification of Christmas known in the United Kingdom as Father Christmas;
    • a 4th century bishop named Saint Nicolas of Myra;
    • the German myth of the Christkind; and
    • the Norse deity Odin (also known as Wodan).

Here in Belgium and the Netherlands, we still consider Saint Nicolas and Father Christmas as two distinct figures, even though Father Christmas is not as popular here as a personification. Children generally don't believe that the gifts they receive at Christmas would be coming from Father Christmas, but they do usually believe — at least, up until they're old enough to learn the truth — in Saint Nicolas.

Nicolas was born in Myra — which is in modern-day Turkey, but at the time it was still part of the Roman Empire — and he was canonized by the Roman Catholic Church because he allegedly brought three murdered orphans back to life, as well as that he supposedly also intervened in a few other matters in miraculous ways. Because of these miraculous interventions — often (albeit not always) on behalf of children — Saint Nicolas is regarded as the patron of children, and his memorial day is the 6th of December, which is the day of his death, but it is interpreted here in Western Europe as being his birthday. He is said to live in Spain, and he usually comes accompanied by black servants who are all called Pete and dress in traditional and colorful medieval Spanish outfits.

For the last couple of years, there has been (and still is) a whole riot going on — courtesy of the agents of political correctness — over whether the black Petes are an expression of racism and slavery. I wouldn't even be surprised if these agents of political correctness were to also demand that for future reference, at least one or two of the Petes should openly profess themselves as LGBT characters.

The truth of the matter is that the Petes are not black because they would be representative of African slaves, but that they are black from getting covered in soot due to the fact that they have to climb through the chimneys all the time in order to deliver candy and presents to the children.

Saint Nicolas usually makes his entry into the country by boat/ship — he does after all have to come all the way from Spain — in November, but courtesy of the commercial sector, this may even already be in October, and I distinctly remember that one big store even went so far as to already have him show up as early as late September.

Either way, from the moment that he's in the country, he will periodically ride the rooftops of the homes off the children during the night, on his white stallion. That's when the Petes who are with him will climb through the chimneys and drop off candy for the good children. Of course, the children must be well-behaved — Saint Nicolas has a book with the names and reputation of all the children in the world, so he knows whether they've been good or bad — and they must put their shoes or slippers near the chimney before going to bed, preferably with a carrot or a sugar cube inside, for Saint Nicolas' horse.

So this goes on all of the time — albeit not necessarily every day of the week — from the moment Saint Nicolas arrives in the country, to then finally culminate in the ultimate event — on the 5th of December in the Netherlands and the 6th of December in Belgium, but because those days don't always fall on the weekend, it is generally during the first weekend of December — which is when Saint Nicolas brings the children the toys they've been yearning for all year, in the night from Saturday on Sunday, and then he leaves back to Spain.

The bottom line is that the name of Santa Claus actually comes from Saint Nicolas. The red outfit that Santa Claus is wearing comes from the Coca-Cola Company, because the Anglo-Saxon Santa Claus was initially depicted wearing green fisherman clothing, and given the influences from Scandinavian mythology — and Scandinavia being up in the "High North" — he was supposed to come from the North Pole in a sleigh pulled by reindeer, with Elves as helpers. But then Coca-Cola decided to make use of the image of Santa Claus in a red outfit as one of their marketing stunts, and from then on, he was depicted wearing red clothing.

The purchasing of gifts - from a non existent entity is only a programming technique - designed purely to turn Children into consumers.
    Well, that was not the initial intent behind the respective legends, but that is what it has become over the course of the last 30-40 years, yes.

[...] I have only one question with regards to Christmas: Why can't people be good to one another all year round? [...]
    That is actually a very good question. <nodding>

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th December 2016), Dreamtimer (19th December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), modwiz (19th December 2016), The One (19th December 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Thanks for the response Aragorn. Much Of what you share I already know. I still maintain that Santa is an anagram of Satan. The birthday being in March - perhaps that is what the Easter ritual is all about but my understanding is that the 'Star of Bethlehem' that guided the three wise men - according to astronomers/astrologers was traced back to September. With so much information and disinformation it is sometimes difficult to ascertain facts - if one does not possess the skills necessary to ascertain facts.

Three - you mention three and I just mentioned three (as in the three wise men) and you mentioned Roman Catholic. Sprang to my (active) mind - three - IHS. Isis Horus Seth ...just thinking out aloud....

Wonder whether the 'three' is linked to IHS and the 'trail' has been conveniently covered/obscured/stylised in an attempt to hide the truth from people????? Again - just my very active mind thinking out aloud....

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th December 2016), Aragorn (18th December 2016), Dreamtimer (19th December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), modwiz (19th December 2016), The One (19th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanks for the response Aragorn. Much Of what you share I already know. I still maintain that Santa is an anagram of Satan.
    Well, if you want to really get into the etymology, the word Satan is also nothing other than a translation of the Hebrew word "haschatan" (which means "the adversary") and the Arabic word "shaítan" (which initially meant the same thing until Islam came along).

And if you want to get Biblical, then the first mention of "the Satan" is in the book of Job, where this Satan is described not as a demon but as a celestial being who resides with God in Heaven. This Satan is thus an angel, and he is actually a kind of prosecutor, who exposes mankind's hypocrisy and sin to God. And it is God himself, not Satan, who makes Job suffer.

The birthday being in March - perhaps that is what the Easter ritual is all about but my understanding is that the 'Star of Bethlehem' that guided the three wise men - according to astronomers/astrologers was traced back to September. With so much information and disinformation it is sometimes difficult to ascertain facts - if one does not possess the skills necessary to ascertain facts.
    The Easter ritual had nothing to do with Yeshua's birth, but with the fact that Yeshua and his followers were Jews, and they were returning home for the Jewish Passover, the celebration of the liberation of the Jewish people from Egypt.

Three - you mention three and I just mentioned three (as in the three wise men) and you mentioned Roman Catholic. Sprang to my (active) mind - three - IHS. Isis Horus Seth ...just thinking out aloud....

Wonder whether the 'three' is linked to IHS and the 'trail' has been conveniently covered/obscured/stylised in an attempt to hide the truth from people????? Again - just my very active mind thinking out aloud....

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda
    The number three can have different meanings, depending on which branch of numerology you look at. In the Bible, threefold repetition is often used stylistically to emphasize that something was ordained by God and was thus meant to be. This, as opposed to a single repetition — i.e. the number two — which is only used for emphasis, e.g. a particular event happening twice in the same chapter is meant to emphasize the intensity of that given event, but it is not testimonial of divine intervention or of God's will.

The Isis-Horus-Seth trinity is a metaphor, which under a different form but with a similar meaning can also be found again in the Abrahamic religions, and in particular in Christianity — the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (or Holy Spirit). It is a metaphor which represents — believe it or not — the mystery of life, i.e. the question why anything exists at all.

The Father represents the infinite knowledge contained in Source, but knowledge is not understanding, as information is meaningless without that there is a subjective experience attached to it. The Son represents that subjective experience. The Holy Ghost/Spirit represents the wisdom and understanding that comes from the merger of knowledge and experience.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th December 2016), Dreamtimer (19th December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), modwiz (19th December 2016), The One (19th December 2016)

Thanks
    So, so we letting xmas go because unsure of when Christ dude was born BUT we may celebrate it in march and sep, as I have eaten all me xmas chocolates already, I have a dilema

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2016), Dreamtimer (19th December 2016), Elen (22nd December 2016), modwiz (19th December 2016), The One (19th December 2016)