Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: TRUMP is the next President of the UNITED STATES! AP Calling Pennsylvania as a Trump Victory

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Steve Bannon is alarming people. He seems to have a religious/political fervor.

Why Steve Bannon Hates Paul Ryan

Perhaps, the most critical disparity between the two men’s worldviews is the way they conceptualize the relationship between working people and America’s economic elites. While Paul Ryan champions our nation’s corporate titans as “job creators” — whose prosperity is inextricably linked with that of the middle class — Bannon paints them as rootless, godless elites whose wealth is harvested from the exploitation of ordinary people.

This split is reflected in Bannon’s and Ryan’s diametrically opposed assessments of libertarian novelist and theorist Ayn Rand. Ryan heralds Rand as one of his greatest intellectual influences, and requires his interns to read Atlas Shrugged.

In his 2014 remarks, Bannon took a different view. Lamenting the erosion of a “form of capitalism” that adhered to the “spiritual and moral foundations of Christianity,” Bannon decried the “state capitalism” ascendant in China and Russia — and the libertarian capitalism taking over the United States.

"The second form of capitalism that I feel is almost as disturbing, is what I call the Ayn Rand or the Objectivist School of libertarian capitalism…that form of capitalism is quite different when you really look at it to what I call the “enlightened capitalism” of the Judeo-Christian West. It is a capitalism that really looks to make people commodities, and to objectify people, and to use them almost — as many of the precepts of Marx — and that is a form of capitalism, particularly to a younger generation [that] they’re really finding quite attractive. And if they don’t see another alternative, it’s going to be an alternative that they gravitate to under this kind of rubric of “personal freedom.”

At times, it can be difficult to discern precisely what part of libertarianism Bannon objects to. He evinces admiration for “entrepreneurial capitalists,” explaining that he only resents the “corporatist” rich, whose wealth derives from rents secured via the government. And his vision of economic utopia — a “harder-nosed” capitalism where the market is truly free from government distortions like the Export–Import Bank — is identical to that of Rand acolytes like the Koch brothers.

But in other moments, he expresses skepticism about libertarianism’s idolatry of the market, and suggests that the economic sphere cannot be separated from the moral one in a truly Christian nation.

"So I think the discussion of, should we put a cap on wealth creation and distribution? It’s something that should be at the heart of every Christian that is a capitalist — “What is the purpose of whatever I’m doing with this wealth? What is the purpose of what I’m doing with the ability that God has given us, that divine providence has given us to actually be a creator of jobs and a creator of wealth?”

He further decries the greed and faithlessness of today’s economic elites, explaining that “when capitalism was I believe at its highest flower and spreading its benefits to most of mankind, almost all of those capitalists were strong believers in the Judeo-Christian West.”

Reince Priebus and 'alt-right' leader Steve Bannon are named to powerful roles in Donald Trump's administration. Are these clues to how he'll govern? Larry explores. Then, 'Almost Christmas' star Omar Epps talks Trump and changing the US election system.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVRnSfC4738
    Last edited by Maggie, 17th November 2016 at 15:57.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2016), Dreamtimer (17th November 2016), Gio (17th November 2016), modwiz (17th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    From the article, I think it's plausible to understand that Bannon appears to have very fine notions about the differences between forms of capitalisms and how they may effect society. I think the way nymap paraphrasing Bannon's reasoning and assertions without the essential contexts underpinning his views is misleading to anyone who doesn't know how Bannon defines the specifics of each.

If you where to study the specifics and examine comments made about each, perhaps you may be in disagreement with Bannon's views, but certainly the "fear" factor ascribed to his statements will be lifted because rather than esoteric ramblings you could follow a logical rational to some conclusion.

Using his religious passion/fervor as an argument to justify being alarmed is a view I can only complement by saying: "Ignorance is bliss".

The fact is, Aragorn and bsbray examined many aspects of capitalism and communism to a level I found uninteresting and so, I disqualify myself from being able to claim whether what Bannon says should be encouraging or not. I only go so far as to say that Bannon cares to know much more about the issue than I do; that is why I only comment on the underlaying philosophical observations embedded in the language usage and the dynamic of the messages previously posted.

Apparently the nymag journalist you quote has no problems expressing his FUD claims about a subject-matter he clearly is dis-interested in examining closely.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2016), Gio (17th November 2016), Maggie (17th November 2016), modwiz (17th November 2016), Myst (17th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    The twisting of things said and the deluge of supposition is a ploy of the media arm of the NWO. Even suppoters of Trump are joining into a narrative that is nothing more than conjecture at this point. Nature abhors a vacuum and people clamor to fill this void in woth their opinions. I will tread with extreme care until facts on the ground present themselves. I see elements of the Art of War being used and that will include lots of false signals.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th November 2016), Dreamtimer (17th November 2016), Elen (18th November 2016), Fred Steeves (17th November 2016), Gio (17th November 2016), heyokah (18th November 2016), lcam88 (18th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Tis amazing times, have seen more people step out of the or their comfort zone, the last three weeks, than ever before, at this rate the box or square will soon be empty, reminds me of an old rat trap used back in the old days in port warehouses, catch 30 rats put them in a sealed drum, later release the last alive rat, tadaaaaa few rats visit this rat, Talking more of the tptW in this case lol.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th November 2016), Elen (18th November 2016), Gio (17th November 2016), lcam88 (18th November 2016), modwiz (17th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    ... also, there can be no doubt that Ross has the expertise. If Trump where to choose someone without that expertise, does that mean Rothchild's will necessarily be disadvantaged. That is obviously an unintelligent rational.

The only obvious thing to note is that Trump is building a team that has a person who is uniquely qualified with a skill-set that will help him achieve his goals. Having a strong team is essential to setting more ambitious goals while also being realistic about them.

Yeah, Ross has the expertise to...enrich himself, while screwing the worker. As I said before, I wonder how much money he made off of "restructuring" distressed sectors of our economy?

Here is a good article detailing his "expertise." Note that he cut jobs, wages, pensions and health benefits while he reaped profits. He made $267 million during his foray into the steel industry while stripping 150,000 retirees of their health benefits. In the prior article I pasted, it referred to Ross' disdain for regulations http://jandeane81.com/threads/10220-...#post841961300. This is typified by what happened during the Sago coal mine disaster. As coal mine asset of his, with numerous saftey violations, where many miners died.

Ross seems like the perfect wolf for gaurding the hen house. Are we going to go back to sweat shop work environments with no pay, no rights, long hours and safety hazzards galore? Sounds like China to me.

https://www.thenation.com/article/12...rce-secretary/

12 Coal Miners Died on This Man’s Watch in 2006. Now Trump Wants to Make Him Commerce Secretary.
    So much for Trump’s supposed commitment to coalfield workers.

By Zoë CarpenterTwitterNOVEMBER 15, 2016

After campaigning as a champion of coal miners, Donald Trump is reportedly close to choosing for commerce secretary a New York billionaire who owned a West Virginia mine where a dozen miners were killed in 2006. Trump’s favored candidate, Wilbur Ross, also engineered buyouts that cost workers their benefits and their jobs. It’s a striking choice, considering Trump’s promises to improve the lives of coal miners and other working-class Americans.

Ross made his money collecting “distressed assets”—failing steel and textile mills in the Midwest and South, and coal mines in Appalachia. Dubbed the “the King of Bankruptcy,” Ross cut jobs, wages, pensions, and health benefits at the companies he acquired, and reaped the profits. In the early 2000s, Ross’s foray into the steel industry netted him a $267 million personal windfall, but stripped health-care benefits from more than 150,000 retired steelworkers. Then he moved on to the coal industry, at one point controlling as much as $1.2 billion in coal assets through his company, the International Coal Group.

One of ICG’s acquisitions in West Virginia was the Sago Mine, about 100 miles east of Charleston. The mine, a non-union operation, racked up a slew of safety violations from federal inspectors—more than 208 in 2005 alone. That year, the roof of the mine collapsed 20 times. Workers at Sago were injured three times as often as workers in similar mines elsewhere. Though Ross claimed not to be part of operating management at Sago, he admitted later that he was aware of the violations, and waved them away.

Then, early one January morning, methane ignited deep in the mine. The explosion instantly killed one worker and stranded a dozen others about two miles from the mouth of the mine, in a passageway filled with carbon monoxide. It was more than an hour before company managers called for help, and four hours until a rescue team arrived. Nearly two days later, when they finally reached the trapped miners, all but one had died. Ross and ICG set up a $2 million compensation fund for the families of the deceased—an amount, critics pointed out, that paled in comparison to Ross’s immense personal wealth. (Trump contributed $25,000 to that fund.)

On the campaign trail Trump described himself as the “last shot” for coal miners. But his embrace of Ross is a reminder that the president-elect at best knows very little about their lives, and at worst simply doesn’t give a damn. Trump has never detailed any concrete plans—beyond repealing regulations—for reviving the industry, for making sure that retired workers get the benefits they rely on, or for making what is one of the most dangerous occupations safer and healthier. Since the election, even Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell has admitted there may not be much Trump and a Republican-controlled Congress can do to resurrect the industry. If Trump wanted to help coal country he would have a plan for making sure that there’s never another disaster like Sago. Instead, he may be about to reward the man who oversaw it.

Update: As reporter Ken Ward Jr., who reports and blogs on the coal industry and environmental issues for the Charleston Gazette-Mail, pointed out, I should clarify that Ross will not oversee mining regulations if he is indeed picked as commerce secretary. The Mine Safety and Health Administration falls under the umbrella of the Department of Labor, while the Commerce Department facilitates international trade and promotes American businesses, among other things
    Last edited by lift the veil, 18th November 2016 at 13:30.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), lcam88 (18th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Here is an interesting article on Henry Makow's website regarding Isreal's puppeteering of Breitbart and Trump.

http://henrymakow.com/#sthash.JHtwtEh4.dpuf

Trump- Have Americans Been Neo Conned?

November 17, 2016

Andrew Breitbart and Bibi Netanyahu at the founding of Breitbart News in Jerusalem 2007.
    Breitbart could easily be a Mossad operation.

Trump- Israel's Trojan Horse?

Americans are holding their breath wondering if Trump is the "real deal." Some are wondering if the Judeo Masonic conspiracy model has been shattered. The appointment of Breitbart News CEO Steven Bannon as Trump "Chief Strategist" provides a clue. Breitbart was set up in 2007 to counter criticism of Israel by left-leaning American Jews. To this day, it is essentially an Israeli propaganda outlet, championing the "alt right" to garner a tremendous following.

An article "Iran Deal Shows Illuminati/Zionism Not Identical" (May 25, 2016) revealed that the Soros machine lobbied in favor of the July 2015 nuclear deal with Iran. No doubt, this is why there was a deal. This suggests a bitter schism in the Masonic Jewish power elite between the Communists (Rothschilds, Soros, Obama, Clinton, corporate America and the mass media) and the Zionists (Israel, Trump and his backers.)

An example of this rift is this article, "Not Shocking: Soros funds Progressive War on Israel. The Billionaire's Agenda is to Destroy the Jewish State." This appeared in the Observer, a magazine owned by Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and close advisor.

The American Jewish opposition to Trump was so visceral that I dismissed Trump's pandering to Israel as a thankless attempt to assuage Jewish fears. I now realize that his opposition to the Iran deal; his placing blame for 9-11 on Muslims; his promotion of the bogus terror narrative; and his pledge to move the US embassy to Jerusalem; may be at the heart of his candidacy which was announced while the Iran deal, which Israel bitterly opposed, was in its final stage.

This may explain why a longtime Zionist water boy, John Bolton, is being considered for the position of Secretary of State. In a recent New York Post op-ed, entitled "Trump needs to reverse the Iran deal and assert our interests," Bolton states: "Barack Obama's foreign-policy legacy includes reduced American global influence, dramatically underfunded military and intelligence capabilities, and rising concern among longtime allies about Washington's understanding of international threats. A world of nuclear-weapons proliferation and growing radical Islamic terrorism are the consequences."

Translation: More wars in the interest of expansionist Israel.

There is a fundamental contradiction between Trump's opposition to ISIS and Iran and his espousal of friendly relations with Russia. Russia and Iran are close allies. Israel hates Iran and is behind ISIS.

Trump's Zionist sponsorship also means we can forget about an honest 9-11 investigation, abolishment of the Fed, end of false-flag terror, etc.. Indeed his "racist" attitude to Muslims, his Mexican wall etc. mirrors Israel's attitude to non-Jews.

We may be witnessing a power struggle between two brands of Masonic Jewish world domination. Let's hope Trump's American supporters' interests are not lost in the fray.

Steve Bannon Made Breitbart a Space for Pro-Israel Writers and Anti-Semitic Readers

by Robert Mackey
    (abridged by henrymakow.com)

SINCE STEVEN BANNON is going to be one of the president's most senior aides, he and the website he runs, Breitbart News, deserve an unusual amount of scrutiny. But Breitbart, the site Bannon calls "the platform for the alt-right," read ardently by white supremacists and anti-Semites, has launched a campaign to shut down critics who say that its longtime director is himself an anti-Jewish racist.

(Steve Bannon, making 666 hand sign, is former Goldman Sachs banker and Hollywood player.)

The Breitbart counter-offensive has come in a string of articles published this week in which Jewish writers and editors argue that Bannon cannot possibly be an anti-Semite, as his ex-wife told a court, since the site he ran until August strongly supports Israel and its far-right, nationalist government. The testimony came from pro-Israel ideologues, who freely hurl accusations of anti-Semitism at rights activists and journalists for reporting, accurately, on abuses by the Israeli government. They are less willing, it seems, to pay much attention to the lengthy screeds posted beneath Breitbart articles by readers obsessed with the supposed plotting of Jewish bankers and financiers who fund progressive causes.

The first to write was David Horowitz, a key figure in funding Islamophobic "research" in the United States and Israel. Horowitz attempted to argue that critics of Bannon "have lost all connection to reality and are now hyping their most ludicrously paranoid fantasies," a case he immediately undermined by repeating the conspiracy theory he's helped to nourish, that "Obama and Hillary are supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood." [MacKey cites more examples of Israeli shills coming to Bannon's defence.] ...

Another element of the campaign has been to point out that Breitbart News was, as its chief executive Larry Solov explained, originally conceived of by its founder, Andrew Breitbart, as a way to fight what he saw as "the anti-Israel bias of the mainstream media" and left-wing Jewish groups that oppose Israel's open-ended military occupation of Palestinian land.

"They say that we are 'anti-Semitic,'" Solov and Breitbart's editor Alex Marlow wrote in August, when Hillary Clinton's campaign first objected to Bannon taking charge of Trump's campaign, "though our company was founded by Jews, is largely staffed by Jews, and has an entire section (Breitbart Jerusalem) dedicated to reporting on and defending the Jewish state of Israel."

What Breitbart's writers and editors seem unwilling or unable to acknowledge, however, is that under Bannon's leadership, the site became wildly popular with anti-Semitic readers by aggressively marketing conspiracy theories about a "globalist" financial and media elite of "puppet masters" secretly running the world.

According to Dan Cassino, an associate professor of Political Science at Fairleigh Dickinson University who studies the right-wing media, in the early days of the site, when it was led by Andrew Breitbart, much of the reporting and commentary was focused on "calling out the left, but especially American Jews who were insufficiently loyal to Israel."

As Cassino explains it, Breitbart, who died in 2012, relentlessly pursued the argument that "the left is the enemy, but Jews on the left are worse because they are traitors" who are "selling out Israel."

After Breitbart's death, Cassino says, Bannon realized that the site was attracting a huge readership by "posting what amount to anti-Semitic headlines," attacking American Jews deemed to be "not sufficiently pro-Israel." Those pieces, Cassino notes, frequently went viral in part because they struck a chord with readers who came to them through links posted on message boards like 4chan. "By any website metric, if you're getting that engagement," Cassino says, editors are inclined to "do more of that."

That Breitbart's right-wing Jewish writers were willing to use anti-Semitic tropes to attack their left-wing Jewish enemies as "self-hating" enemies of Israel was mirrored by the tacit assent from Trump's Jewish supporters, and son-in-law, to Bannon's use of such tactics in the presidential campaign.

Trump's campaign even ended with a television commercial in which the candidate complained about "those who control the levers of power in Washington," and "global special interests," who have "stripped our country of its wealth and put that money into the pockets of a handful of large corporations," while the villains displayed on screen were all prominent Jews: George Soros, the hedge-fund billionaire who funds progressive causes, Janet Yellen, the Federal Reserve chairwoman, and Lloyd Blankfein, the head of Goldman Sachs.

It doesn't take much effort to learn how Trump supporters and Breitbart readers respond to diatribes like that, delivered in print or at rallies.

Look, for instance, at the stream of ugly comments written beneath a recent Breitbart article attacking the Washington Post columnist Anne Applebaum as part of a "cabal" -- "hell hath no fury like a Polish, Jewish, American elitist scorned." Or listen to the Trump supporter who screamed "Jew!S!A!" at reporters covering a rally in Phoenix last month, and then explained, with a shrug of the shoulders, "We're run by the Jews, okay?"

Many of those parties, including the French National Front and the Dutch Freedom Party, are also staunch supporters of Israel, seeing in the Jewish state's nationalist ideology a mirror of their own quest to live in ethnically pure nation states, free to discriminate against or expel Muslims....

For his part, Bannon has denied that the alt-right ideology he has promoted through Breitbart and Trump is racist. He prefers, he told Mother Jones, to call it a form of nationalism, similar to that promoted by ethnic-nationalist parties across Europe, which are also animated by a shared hatred for Muslims. "If you look at the identity movements over there in Europe," Bannon said, their focus is "really 'Polish identity' or 'German identity,' not racial identity. It's more identity toward a nation-state or their people as a nation."
    Last edited by lift the veil, 18th November 2016 at 13:46.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), lcam88 (18th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts
    The Ups and Downs of President-elect Donald Trump’s
    transition to the White House are now being livestreamed.

"C-SPAN has a camera trained on a gilded elevator bank in Trump Tower, capturing the political power players paying their respects to the incoming leader of the free world.

The footage — which at times evokes the excitement of a livestreamed yule log — captured Thursday the arrival of Trump’s senior adviser Kellyanne Conway, as well as a hefty delivery of pizzas.

“C-SPAN wants simply to let our audience see who is coming and going to meet with the Trump transition team, and watch them speak to the media located in the lobby,” C-SPAN spokesman Howard Mortman said."

Go here to watch >

Note click screen and prompt start to watch

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), lcam88 (18th November 2016), modwiz (18th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts

Here Come The Jobs

Only a Week After Trump’s Victory, Apple Considering Making iPhones in U.S.
    http://www.youngcons.com/only-a-week...phones-in-u-s/

Here come the jobs!

Over 90 million people are out of work, because Democrat policies implore companies to hire fewer workers.
    That’s what Dems do. They rely on the uninformed to do their bidding.

In a Trump administration, taxes will drop which makes everything better for everybody.
    There’s no way progressives can spin this one, no matter how hard they try. But just out of curiosity, what would they say?

Probably something like…
    TRUMP STEALING JOBS FROM CHINESE CHILDREN!
    Something tells me after four years of Trump that Obama supporters are going to be like, Barack who?

“Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.,” a source told Nikkei.

Here's what's interesting.....Notice how it says in June? Do they have a crystal ball or something telling them Trump was going to win? They knew a Trump win means a likely cut in the business tax which is why most companies left in the first place, which was done systematically by the 'progressives' to destabilize by reducing the jobs that industrialization creates. Apple hasn't manufactured in the states for something like 20 years.

I have felt and stated for a long time this entire reality is being staged and people are being put in particular roles by design. This one sentence above is the perfect example to suggest my theory might not be so far fetched.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), Elen (18th November 2016), lcam88 (18th November 2016), modwiz (18th November 2016), Novusod (18th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil
    Here is an interesting article on Henry Makow's website regarding Isreal's puppeteering of Breitbart and Trump.

http://henrymakow.com/#sthash.JHtwtEh4.dpuf

Trump- Have Americans Been Neo Conned?
    It seems the article you quote elaborates the dividing line between the two dominant factions operating in the US. Good find!

PS

If you open the link and find the article there is an elaboration of the two sides. Very interesting. For reference the factions operating in the US where first brought to my attention by Dr Joseph P Farrell.
    Last edited by lcam88, 18th November 2016 at 23:14.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), lift the veil (19th November 2016), modwiz (19th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by lcam88 View Post
    It seems the article you quote elaborates the dividing line between the two dominant factions operating in the US. Good find!

PS

If you open the link and find the article there is an elaboration of the two sides. Very interesting. For reference the factions operating in the US where first brought to my attention by Dr Joseph P Farrell.
    Yep, yep, yep and yep.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016)

Thanks
    I missed this before. Good points IMO

Published on Nov 9, 2016
    Big Picture Interview: Ralph Nader, Breaking Through Power: It's Easier Than We Think. If Donald Trump's election represented anything - it was the complete and utter repudiation of the Clintonite Democratic establishment. Are we about to witness a permanent realignment of the parties?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRkqYuv3_8

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), modwiz (21st November 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post

We in the US have practical power that we have not really thought we have. The above video was useful to me. One of the notable bits I observed is that when i listened to RT on election night, "climate change"was invoked several times. It seems that many people are just convinced we know what is occurring with climate.

but I don't accept that the issue is just what many thik it is and that overall,like "terrorism", it is used as an excuse for many very wrong policies. Even as some excuse for needing pipelines? As here:

This is the end of a long article by Randall Carlson regarding accusations that he is a "climate change" denier. I LOVE the quote at the end

“We speak of Liberty as one thing, and of virtue, wealth, knowledge, invention, national strength and national independence as other things.
    But, of all these, Liberty is the source, the mother, the necessary condition.
    She is to virtue what light is to color;
    to wealth what sunshine is to grain;
    to knowledge what eyes are to sight.
    She is the genius of invention, the brawn of national strength, the spirit of national independence.
    Where Liberty rises, there virtue grows, wealth increases, knowledge expands, invention multiplies human powers, and in strength and spirit the freer nation rises among her neighbors.”
    19 century philosopher and journalist Henry George

Let’s have the debate. Let’s discuss the carbon cycle, and carbon dioxide’s role in photosynthesis and the processes of Life; let’s discuss changing sea levels; let’s discuss the frequency of extreme weather; let’s discuss the role of the Sun; let’s discuss all the other natural factors that might be influencing the climate in addition to CO2 such as ocean currents, atmospheric currents, cosmic rays, volcanism, cosmic dust, changing orbital geometries, the geomagnetic field etc. etc.; let’s discuss the cause, or causes, of cycling glacial-interglacial ages; let’s discuss the relationship of CO2 to climate change throughout Earth history; let’s discuss the role of changes in the circumpolar vortex; let’s discuss the Medieval Warm Period and the Little Ice Age; let’s discuss the Climatic Optimum; let’s discuss the accuracy of ice cores as a climate proxy; let’s discuss the numerous, well documented natural climate catastrophes that have happened in Earth’s history; let’s discuss the effects of warm vs cold periods on the stability of historical societies. Let’s discuss all these things, and more.

Oh, that’s right, I almost forgot, the debate is over; the science is settled; there is nothing more to discuss.

I’ll make a final comment. I totally believe that climate change is very real and I am totally in favor of studies being performed on the human influence on climate. I think they are important and necessary, and definitely part of the big picture of climate change. And I have no doubt that carbon dioxide does indeed play an important role, up to a point. What I object to is the monopolization of climate science by political, academic and corporate forces that stand to gain as a direct result of carbon remediation policies, who then employ the tremendous political resources at their disposal to marginalize, ostracize and denigrate dissenting voices, whatever their source. I think it will be an error of monumental proportions to put all of our eggs into the anthropogenic carbon dioxide basket while ignoring all of the other natural factors that have been operational for as long as this planet has existed. The policies derived from the science of climate change had better reflect the realities of climate change and not a politically contrived model or we could find ourselves in a world of hurt.

For make no mistake, most of the policies being proposed will have major effects on civilization and the consequences of draconian policies that force a reduction of energy consumption will absolutely impede economic growth and affect our standard of living in profound ways. This is why it is absolutely crucial that a vigorous debate take place with all voices heard. Finally, I am entirely in favor of developing alternative forms of energy and minimizing reliance on fossil fuels. But government mandates, forced upon society by an autocracy of imperfect individuals in pursuit of various agendas, are not the way to get there. In fact, the reality is the opposite: governments, politics, and bureaucracies are the greatest roadblock to effecting this transition, by consuming and wasting astronomical sums of the wealth and resources of this nation in particular, wealth which could, and would be used in the private sector by entrepreneurs, builders, architects, designers, engineers, scientists, inventors, farmers, artists, visionaries, healers and all creative individuals who understand the necessity of evolving a civilization in harmony with the Earth.

The question never seems to be asked, by those who favor political solutions to social problems, about the role of politics in creating those problems in the first place, and how, if there is not enough popular support in the private sector, a political solution could ever conceivably and realistically hope to succeed, and refusing to recognize that if there is sufficient support in the private sector then the political solution is superfluous, redundant, and counter-productive.

I will finish this diatribe with a superlative quote from the great 19 century philosopher and journalist Henry George. Based upon your deference to the authoritarian state, you will most likely not relate to the opinion expressed in these words, but for the sake of others, not so shackled by ideology, I will here include it, because it speaks eloquently of the remedy for what ails this nation and points us towards the only path to a prosperous, peaceful and sustainable future.

“We speak of Liberty as one thing, and of virtue, wealth, knowledge, invention, national strength and national independence as other things.
    But, of all these, Liberty is the source, the mother, the necessary condition.
    She is to virtue what light is to color;
    to wealth what sunshine is to grain;
    to knowledge what eyes are to sight.
    She is the genius of invention, the brawn of national strength, the spirit of national independence.
    Where Liberty rises, there virtue grows, wealth increases, knowledge expands, invention multiplies human powers, and in strength and spirit the freer nation rises among her neighbors.”

-Randall Carlson
    October 16, 2015 at 2:01 pm
    Ask Randall: Climate Change – Who Are The Real Deniers?
    Last edited by Maggie, 21st November 2016 at 02:39.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), Elen (21st November 2016), modwiz (21st November 2016), Myst (21st November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks

I think it shows a huge lack of discernment and continued buying into the desperate spinning by the losers to propogate junk like this.

The interviewer actually said something like... "as we know, the only book Donald Trump has read is Mein Kampf. It was by his bedside for years". This is the garbage 60,000,000 people saw thru and voted against.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeLab For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), Myst (23rd November 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by TimeLab View Post
    I think it shows a huge lack of discernment and continued buying into the desperate spinning by the losers to propogate junk like this.

The interviewer actually said something like... "as we know, the only book Donald Trump has read is Mein Kampf. It was by his bedside for years". This is the garbage 60,000,000 people saw thru and voted against.
    Could you clarify a bit as to what you mean by "propogate junk like this"?

This election was exciting at the end as it brought in the profound game changer of the internet and social media.

What I got out of the video is that the Democratic party needs overhaul. There were many key (electoral college) states that Clinton failed to win by losing the popular vote. The numbers turning out to vote were sharply down form previous elections.

There are real issues that ordinary people see. Trump appealed to them. there is racial divide and what Clinton would see as deplorable "self interest" of a dwindling middle class. The last twoterms did not see an improvement REALLY in life style.

I think any kind of class, race, sex, "ism" is a result of deep insecurity. Politics will stir these "isms" and know to play off the insecure (and these symptoms) to keep power. This is opposite the idea that the object of politics might be carrying out the will of people in a nation of strong secure people.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd November 2016), Dreamtimer (21st November 2016), Elen (22nd November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Could you clarify a bit as to what you mean by "propogate junk like this"?
    I meant it's more smug, arrogant, exaggerated made up doomy predictions and know-it-all rhetoric of the losers in cognitive dissonance.....

1. “..the party… that wants to drop a bomb on the 20th century…” will take office.."
    2. The opening statement praised Obama for his ‘healthcare reform’ and ‘financial regulation’ (GAG)
    3. "Republicans are about to do as much damage to this country that you won’t even recognize it…"
    4. "Trump is one of the most scared people in America today and only did it to build up his brand..".
    5. "As far as I know, the only book he's ever read is Mein Kampf...'

When statements like these introduce a discussion, it's not worth any more of my time, and I especially would not help propogate it.

The rest of your comments so lightly framing the video as just a discussion of how the Dem Party 'needs overhaul' is really frustrating to me for being so accepting of this business as usual, surface view. The much greater issue is the deep, deep, endemic corruption, corporatism, favoritism, war mongering and the fact that the Dem party got behind the darkest criminal yet running for president. Why entertain people discussing the 'overhaul' of a criminal organization? These two are so representative the problem in every way and achieve nothing except deepening the illusion for the 60M gullible sheep still in their corral.

It's time to be bold and quit giving any weight whatsoever whenever you can to this deceit and gaming otherwise know as being 'politically correct'. To me that means not posting any unhelpful 'old rhetoric' like this anymore at all. I hope that answers your question.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimeLab For This Useful Post:

Maggie (23rd November 2016), modwiz (23rd November 2016), Myst (23rd November 2016)