Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP is the next President of the UNITED STATES! AP Calling Pennsylvania as a Trump Victory

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Divine Feminine View Post
    With Trump at 254 electoral votes, Pennsylvania tips in Trumps favor making him the winner by giving him the 20 electoral votes needed to clinch the most interesting election in U.S. history. It's going to be a 'new world' tomorrow, let's hope! No more EPA, no more Common Core and no more O-dumb-a Care

Associated Press calls it
    https://twitter.com/search?q=trump+w...Ctwgr%5Esearch

Meanwhile Fox News looks on...waiting to make the call

Likely Hillary will contest since it's a close race...so things could change, but let's hope not.
    For those who believe Clinton won the popular vote, please take a moment and read this TWNews article from November 13. It sheds some light on the election process that is not being reported in the Globalist Controlled Media:

http://totalworldnews.com/no-liberal...sht-petitions/

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Exit 0 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th November 2016), Elen (14th November 2016), heyokah (14th November 2016), modwiz (14th November 2016), Myst (14th November 2016), Novusod (14th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Exit 0 View Post
    First, he financed the majority of his campaign using his own money. The Progressive Liberals ignored that, and insisted he had "bad judgement", while all along, using his own money freed him from the control of his donors.

Now, he's going to do the job, "no charge". How will the Progressive Liberals react to this one? Will they call that "bad judgement" as well???

I say this proves President Trump is a true Patriot....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartanntp

Trump: 'I'll take $1 a year' as president
    It would be nice if he took the $400k he's earned, and used it on people that needed it. I think that would be setting a good example. A millionaire taking a pay cut isn't so impressive to me.

I guess a true patriot is an image-conscious individualistic (selfish) boot-strapper? *sigh* guess that sounds about right
    Last edited by donk, 14th November 2016 at 11:48.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th November 2016), Elen (14th November 2016), Exit 0 (14th November 2016), lift the veil (15th November 2016), modwiz (14th November 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Perhaps the only hope in restoring the Republic is calling for a Constitutional Convention ...

Otherwise we are really just employees (property) of corporate banking high jinks - all perpetrated illegally.

And i believe it should be dissolved and put finally out of business !

A reminder ...

"To even begin to understand what has happened to the Republic, we must look backward in time to the period following the Civil War. We must go back to the year 1871, which was the beginning of the decline of the Republic. When we examine what happened during that time in our history, we begin to piece together this troubling, perplexing puzzle that is "America" — only then should we answer as to whether we are indeed a "free" people or not" ...

UNITED STATES is a Corporation

I agree with everything presented in the video, gio. The Republic was abolished in 1871. We have been living under a corporate oligarchy orchestrated by the Globalist Banksters ever since.

However, calling for a Constitutional Convention is the worst possible thing we can do.

Do you have any idea what sort of document will come out of a Convention at this point in history? Do you suppose the Convention could ever get an agreement on any of the existing Articles of the Constitution as they were written in 1776? A Constitutional Convention would open the entire document to re-negotiation. Any document resulting from a Constitutional Convention would NOT remotely resemble the original. ....And consider who the delegates to the Convention would represent. Do you suppose the Globalists would "buy" the delegates with all the money in the world at their disposal?

The way to correct the situation, is to repeal the Act of 1871. It's that simple....

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Exit 0 For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th November 2016), Elen (14th November 2016), genevieve (16th November 2016), Gio (15th November 2016), Greenbarry (14th November 2016), heyokah (14th November 2016), Maggie (14th November 2016), modwiz (14th November 2016), Myst (14th November 2016), Novusod (14th November 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    [....snip] A millionaire taking a pay cut isn't so impressive to me.

I guess a true patriot is an image-conscious individualistic (selfish) boot-strapper? *sigh* guess that sounds about right
    donk, your comment surprises me, old friend.

I suppose a year of the Globalist Controlled Media, relentlessly demonizing Mr. Trump, has impaired your ability to critically think. In what universe does offering to preform the job of the Presidency of the United States - the most demanding, stressful job in the world - for free, not impress?
    Last edited by Exit 0, 14th November 2016 at 12:29.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exit 0 For This Useful Post:

Elen (14th November 2016), Greenbarry (14th November 2016), heyokah (15th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    The more I see anti-Trump rhetoric, the more I realize that the elites are getting desperate. The media is in cahoots with them, seems that some "alternative" sites are part of the propaganda & disinfo machine too like VT. Also Soros is funding the anti Trump riots. It kinda makes me chuckle... Yet I am waiting for more tricks. A lot can happen in two months.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th November 2016), Exit 0 (14th November 2016), heyokah (15th November 2016), modwiz (14th November 2016)

Thanks
    donk, your comment surprises me, old friend.

I suppose a year of the Globalist Controlled Media, relentlessly demonizing Mr. Trump, has impaired your ability to critically think. In what universe does offering to preform the job of the Presidency of the United States - the most demanding, stressful job in the world - for free, not impress?
    The world I live in is one where that job costs millions more to get, than they would ever make at the given salary, which makes the salary seem irrelevant to me...especially considering the fact he feels that his personal finances are irrelevant to us (by choosing to not to disclose his income taxes). Coming from the corporate world, I see LOTS of executives taking "$1 salaries", I'm not particularly impressed with those choices either.

I'm not sure which of that "information" it is you choose to believe that leads to the conclusions and feelings that you have. I'm just pointing out that maybe the "noble" gesture our leader choose to transmit to the Globalist Media may not be as selfless as you think...or at the very least, not everyone is going to share your feelings.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th November 2016), Elen (14th November 2016), Exit 0 (14th November 2016), Greenbarry (14th November 2016), lift the veil (15th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Here is a very short video of a camera in a car recording the many buses parked on a big street that brought in the "spontaneous" protestors. Moveon.org and George Soros are all over this. I wonder when the purple banners will start flying. They are probably in production as I type this.

Last edited by modwiz, 14th November 2016 at 19:10.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (14th November 2016), Elen (14th November 2016), Exit 0 (14th November 2016), Greenbarry (14th November 2016), heyokah (15th November 2016), Myst (15th November 2016), Novusod (14th November 2016), sandy (15th November 2016), Wind (14th November 2016)

Thanks
    I was a blue collar worker all my life. I worked in the construction industry. Everyone I knew, and worked with, wore a baseball-style cap, myself included.

Even though I'm now retired, I continue to wear a cap, because I identify with the more than 60-million other working Americans who voted Donald into the Presidency.

Those with whom I worked and identify, were never included in the Progressive Liberal paradigm of "Entitlement-for-Everyone", but this working class of Americans certainly were the ones who overwhelmingly paid for this Obama legacy.

With nearly as many Americans collecting welfare, (and other forms of entitlement) as there are Working Class Americans footing the bill, the result of this election was all about, Enough-is-Enough.

Never once did I believe the Globalist Controlled Media's demonization of the man's character. This is the life-experience which has shaped my would-view that, " leads to the conclusions and feelings that [I] have"....
    Last edited by Exit 0, 15th November 2016 at 04:06. Reason: add text

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Exit 0 For This Useful Post:

Elen (15th November 2016), heyokah (15th November 2016), modwiz (15th November 2016), Myst (15th November 2016), Novusod (15th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 625 Posts
    First, he financed the majority of his campaign using his own money. The Progressive Liberals ignored that, and insisted he had "bad judgement", while all along, using his own money freed him from the control of his donors.
    That is a bunch of CRAP. He took loads of money for his general election campaign from EVERYONE, including hedge fund managers who made money off the great recession. And after they paid him money, he put these guys on his economic advisory panel. Great deal for them to influence policy to further ENRICH themselves.

Not everyone here has been fooled by the baloney that Trump is "his own man , is not beholden to anyone , is a fighter for the worker , is not a member of the Elite "

Trump’s economic advisers are also his biggest donors
    They’re also all men.
    By SHANE GOLDMACHER 08/07/16 07:21 AM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-donors-226758

After spending months scolding his rivals for being beholden to their financial backers, Donald Trump unveiled an economic advisory council last week — and filled it with some of his biggest donors.

Of the 13 men — and they are all men — that Trump touted as economic advisers for their “unparalleled experience and success,” five are major donors whose families combined to give Trump’s campaign and his joint fundraising account with the Republican Party more than $2 million. Two more have been pursued for campaign contributions.

Among those Trump tapped for his economic advisory council is Steven Mnuchin, who, as Trump’s national finance director, is the point man for soliciting campaign cash across the nation. Mnuchin gave Trump $425,000 at the end of June. Others big donors on Trump’s economic advisory team include:

— Stephen Feinberg, co-founder and CEO of Cerberus Capital Management, who contributed $339,400 to Trump Victory, the Republican’s nominee joint fundraising account with the national and state Republican parties. Feinberg's wife gave another $339,400.

— Andy Beal, a billionaire investor and poker player who contributed $449,400, the largest legal sum that Trump Victory can receive from an individual. Beal also gave $100,000 last summer to a pro-Trump super PAC, the Make America Great Again PAC, which has since ceased its activities. Beal has also been publicly linked with another Trump super PAC, the Great America PAC, but federal records do not yet show that he has donated.

— Tom Barrack, a longtime Trump friend, who gave more than $399,000 to Trump Victory. Barrack, who spoke at the Republican National Convention last month, spent more than $15,000 on in-kind contributions when he hosted Trump’s first big fundraiser in Southern California — including $4,872 on beverages — in late May.

— Howard Lorber, president and CEO of Vector Group, who contributed $100,000 to Trump Victory in mid-June.

Trump praised his selections on Friday. “I am pleased that we have such a formidable group of experienced and talented individuals that will work with me to implement real solutions for the economic issues facing our country,” he said.

Others were less charitable, noting that Trump’s team lacks any women, for instance.

“He is following the path he has said was corrupt: raising large sums of money and then giving donors special access,” said Trevor Potter, president of the Campaign Legal Center and former chairman of the Federal Election Commission.

Steve Deace, an influential conservative activist in Iowa and anti-Trump radio host, said he was not surprised that Trump was granting his biggest donors titles and insider access. But he was still angry.

“It is complete and total hypocrisy,” Deace said.

“He got a lot of mileage out of taking advantage of a lot of low-information voters who are rightfully frustrated that government left them behind,” Deace said of Trump’s claims during the primary that he was a self-funding billionaire who could not be bought. “They were an easy mark for a P.T. Barnum con man.”

Trump’s campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Two other new economic council members have not shown up as Trump donors yet in federal records but have been linked to Trump’s fundraising efforts:

— John Paulson, president and CEO of Paulson & Co., was spotted in mid-June entering a Trump fundraising dinner in Manhattan at which seats cost $50,000 per person.

— Harold Hamm, a billionaire energy magnate, has suggested he would write checks to the Republican National Committee in support of Trump, but he has also been wooed by the constellations of pro-Trump super PACs that can receive unlimited-sized donations. Hamm, who attended a super PAC event in Cleveland last month, has also been floated as a potential energy secretary in a Trump cabinet and is already an informal energy adviser.

Trump also named David Malpass, a former Reagan and Bush administration aide (who gave the legal maximum of $2,700 to Jeb Bush in the primaries); Peter Navarro, a professor of economics at the University of California at Irvine; Stephen Moore, founder of the Club for Growth and former Wall Street Journal editorial writer; Dan DiMicco, former CEO of steel manufacturer Nucor Corp; and Stephen M. Calk, chairman and CEO of The Federal Savings Bank.

One last economic adviser is Steve Roth, founder of Vornado Realty, who has not been tied to financing Trump’s candidacy but has been a GOP financier in the past, bundling more than $230,000 in contributions for John McCain’s presidential campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Trump named two staffers, Stephen Miller, the national director of policy for the campaign, and Dan Kowalski, the deputy director, to lead the council.

Trump’s new economic team leans heavily on Wall Street investors and hedge-fund managers, despite Trump's railing against them during the early parts of his presidential campaign.

“The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around. And they get lucky," Trump said last year on CBS’ "Face the Nation." "Look, they're energetic. They're very smart. But a lot of them, it's, like, they're paper pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, OK?"

Paulson, a hedge fund manager, is famous for his 2007 bet against the mortgage market. Beal is an investor who bought distressed assets after the recent recession. Mnuchin runs a hedge fund.

Trump is scheduled to deliver a speech on his plans for the economy on Monday at the Detroit Economic Club.
    Last edited by lift the veil, 15th November 2016 at 13:21.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th November 2016)

Thanks
    It's not the "globalist media" stories that lead me to believe he is not exactly the character his cheerleaders make him out to be, it's his own words. And even more than that, it which words he uses that his followers choose to believe/ignore/excuse

I think it's really interesting (and hopeful) how he calls out the media and claims the protests against his victory were "incited" by them (he says in a twit) and we're professionally produced, it's sad that the noise from the voters is how "libs" are cry babies and whatever else gets projected on an entire "side" because mainstream media is playing up the extremists

I'll tell ya one thing, the election was a great divider. Hopefully Dubya (I'm a uniter not a divider) will give him some pointers, I mean what better to "make America great again"?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th November 2016), Exit 0 (16th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I was a blue collar worker all my life. I worked in the construction industry. Everyone I knew, and worked with, wore a baseball-style cap, myself included.

Even though I'm now retired, I continue to wear a cap, because I identify with the more than 60-million other working Americans who voted Donald into the Presidency.

Those with whom I worked and identify, were never included in the Progressive Liberal paradigm of "Entitlement-for-Everyone", but this working class of Americans certainly were the ones who overwhelmingly paid for this Obama legacy.

With nearly as many Americans collecting welfare, (and other forms of entitlement) as there are Working Class Americans footing the bill, the result of this election was all about, Enough-is-Enough.

Never once did I believe the Globalist Controlled Media's demonization of the man's character. This is the life-experience which has shaped my would-view that, " leads to the conclusions and feelings that [I] have"....
    So, you know Entitlement programs include Social Security and Medicare, and they account for the mother load of our spending when compared to "welfare" programs. Of course that is why the ELITE want to cut ALL ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS. They see all people that are not of the ELITE as useless eaters to be gotten rid of.

Maybe people should focus on the ELITE rather than the vilified poor. That is how the Elite divide and conquer all non-elite people. They have us fighting each other rather than looking at them. They see us all as useless eaters to be easily manipulated and tricked into defeating each other.

Maybe the Elite should start paying their share, but no TRUMP wants to give them more TAX CUTS. The Bush tax cuts for the wealthy (and his phony wars) is what ballooned our deficit and Trump wants to give more tax cuts for the wealthy. That is why both conservative and liberal economists who looked at his economic plan said our current deficit would explode under the TRUMP plan, i.e. WELFARE FOR THE RICH PLAN.

But of course Trump needs to pay off his rich supporters and friends with a friendly TAX CUT, after all he is a billionaire, i.e., ELITIST and not AN AVERAGE AMERICAN WORKER.
    Last edited by lift the veil, 15th November 2016 at 14:12.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lift the veil For This Useful Post:

donk (15th November 2016), Dreamtimer (15th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

modwiz (15th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    OOOOOHHHHH, if SOROS is such a bad guy why does Trump want former SOROS employee, Steven Munchin, as Treasury Secretary. HAHAHA. And to top that he is a former Goldman Sachs guy. Of course THIS Guy RAISED tonnes of money for Trump, so now as a pay off, Trump wants him for Treasury Secretary. Please see prior post that talks about Munchin raising money for trump here http://jandeane81.com/threads/10220-...#post841961187

As I said before, Trump is one of the Elite and MONEY talks, it doesn't matter if it is connect to left or right wing BANKING ESTABLISHMENT money. Either way they are all in the ELITE club AND WE ARE NOT. They want the power and control.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...sury-secretary

Trump Wants Former Goldman Partner And Soros Employee To Serve As Treasury Secretary

Six months ago, Steven Mnuchin became finance chair for the Trump campaign. Having succesfully helped to raise 10s of millions of dollars for the campaign, the former Goldman Sachs partner and Soros Fund management employee is now positioned for something much larger as Donald Trump reportedly told his aides today that he wants Mnuchin to serve as his Treasury Secretary.

Ironically, Trump has often criticized Clinton (and his former competitor Ted Cruz) for their links to the big banks:

"I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over him. Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton,” Trump said in one debate.
    But as we noted previously, he had no qualms, however, in hiring one of the most prominent Goldman alums to raise money for him.

In addition to Goldman, Mnuchin also worked at Soros Fund Management, whose founder, George Soros, has funded many left-leaning causes. Where it gets even more bizarre is that Mnuchin has donated frequently to Democrats, including to Clinton and Barack Obama.

As a hedge fund manager, Mnuchin is part of a group of businesspeople Trump has excoriated. In August, Trump said hedge fund managers were "getting away with murder" as he touted his proposal to end the so-called carried interest loophole, which gives private equity and hedge fund managers preferential tax treatment.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country," Trump said at the time on CBS' Face the Nation. "These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," he said. "They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them—they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous."

They apparently are also very good at raising money.

Some more on Mnuchin's background: starting his career in the early 1980s as a trainee at Salomon Brothers before moving to Goldman Sachs in 1985, Mnuchin was front and center for the advent of instruments like collateralized debt obligations and credit default swaps. He has called securitization “an extremely positive development in terms of being able to finance different parts of the economy and different businesses efficiently.” The pitfalls of the financing method came later, he's said.

Mnuchin's father, Robert Mnuchin, was a partner at Goldman Sachs in the 1960s. The second-youngest of five siblings, Steven attended the prestigious Riverdale Country School and then Yale University, where his roommate was Edward Lampert, who would go on to become a hedge-fund manager and owner of Sears.

More recently, in October 2014 Mnuchin became co-chairman of the board of the Hollywood studio Relativity Media due to Dune's fascination with movies. Dune has provided financing for batches of winning movies, like the “X-Men” franchise and “Avatar,” Hollywood’s all-time box-office champion.

Relativity Media filed for bankruptcy last summer, just a few months after Mnuchin's arrival. According to Variety, Dune was intimately involved in the studio's failure.

The money-man and fellow investors in a Dune Capital fund are said to have lost as much as $80 million — equity that is almost certain to be lost for good, said two sources familiar with the situation. And disgruntled Relativity investors privately are questioning how a bank Mnuchin once headed –OneWest Bank of Pasadena – was allowed by Relativity to drain $50 million from the studio just weeks prior to the July 30 insolvency filing.

Mnuchin had left Relativity just days before the company reached an agreement with OneWest to extend the loan deadline and allow the bank to claim that money.

To be sure, Hillary Clinton, who in turn has been attacked for her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs (and her public-private positioning for them), also has a high-ranking Goldman official in her ranks, former CFTC commissioner Gary Gensler, who is the former secretary of state’s chief financial officer and whom she is grooming for a potential Treasury Secretary.

But for Trump, a self-professed "anti-establishment" candidate, who has repeatedly stated he is not "for sale to special interest groups", his sudden call for the seemingly most "Wall Street" of Wall-Streeters to become Treasury Secretary may come as a big surprise to some and will leave many of his supporters demanding an explanation.
    Last edited by lift the veil, 15th November 2016 at 15:40.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lift the veil View Post
    OOOOOHHHHH, if SOROS is such a bad guy why does Trump want former SOROS employee, Steven Munchin, as Treasury Secretary. HAHAHA. And to top that he is a former Goldman Sachs guy. Of course THIS Guy RAISED tonnes of money for Trump, so now as a pay off, Trump wants him for Treasury Secretary.

As I said before, Trump is one of the Elite and MONEY talks, it doesn't matter if it is connect to left or right wing BANKING ESTABLISHMENT money. Either way they are all in the ELITE club AND WE ARE NOT. They want the power and control.

Trump Wants Former Goldman Partner And Soros Employee To Serve As Treasury Secretary

Six months ago, Steven Mnuchin became finance chair for the Trump campaign. Having succesfully helped to raise 10s of millions of dollars for the campaign, the former Goldman Sachs partner and Soros Fund management employee is now positioned for something much larger as Donald Trump reportedly told his aides today that he wants Mnuchin to serve as his Treasury Secretary.

Ironically, Trump has often criticized Clinton (and his former competitor Ted Cruz) for their links to the big banks:

"I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over him. Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton,” Trump said in one debate.
    But as we noted previously, he had no qualms, however, in hiring one of the most prominent Goldman alums to raise money for him.

In addition to Goldman, Mnuchin also worked at Soros Fund Management, whose founder, George Soros, has funded many left-leaning causes. Where it gets even more bizarre is that Mnuchin has donated frequently to Democrats, including to Clinton and Barack Obama.

As a hedge fund manager, Mnuchin is part of a group of businesspeople Trump has excoriated. In August, Trump said hedge fund managers were "getting away with murder" as he touted his proposal to end the so-called carried interest loophole, which gives private equity and hedge fund managers preferential tax treatment.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country," Trump said at the time on CBS' Face the Nation. "These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," he said. "They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them—they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous."

They apparently are also very good at raising money.

Some more on Mnuchin's background: starting his career in the early 1980s as a trainee at Salomon Brothers before moving to Goldman Sachs in 1985, Mnuchin was front and center for the advent of instruments like collateralized debt obligations and credit default swaps. He has called securitization “an extremely positive development in terms of being able to finance different parts of the economy and different businesses efficiently.” The pitfalls of the financing method came later, he's said.

Mnuchin's father, Robert Mnuchin, was a partner at Goldman Sachs in the 1960s. The second-youngest of five siblings, Steven attended the prestigious Riverdale Country School and then Yale University, where his roommate was Edward Lampert, who would go on to become a hedge-fund manager and owner of Sears.

More recently, in October 2014 Mnuchin became co-chairman of the board of the Hollywood studio Relativity Media due to Dune's fascination with movies. Dune has provided financing for batches of winning movies, like the “X-Men” franchise and “Avatar,” Hollywood’s all-time box-office champion.

Relativity Media filed for bankruptcy last summer, just a few months after Mnuchin's arrival. According to Variety, Dune was intimately involved in the studio's failure.

The money-man and fellow investors in a Dune Capital fund are said to have lost as much as $80 million — equity that is almost certain to be lost for good, said two sources familiar with the situation. And disgruntled Relativity investors privately are questioning how a bank Mnuchin once headed –OneWest Bank of Pasadena – was allowed by Relativity to drain $50 million from the studio just weeks prior to the July 30 insolvency filing.

Mnuchin had left Relativity just days before the company reached an agreement with OneWest to extend the loan deadline and allow the bank to claim that money.

To be sure, Hillary Clinton, who in turn has been attacked for her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs (and her public-private positioning for them), also has a high-ranking Goldman official in her ranks, former CFTC commissioner Gary Gensler, who is the former secretary of state’s chief financial officer and whom she is grooming for a potential Treasury Secretary.

But for Trump, a self-professed "anti-establishment" candidate, who has repeatedly stated he is not "for sale to special interest groups", his sudden call for the seemingly most "Wall Street" of Wall-Streeters to become Treasury Secretary may come as a big surprise to some and will leave many of his supporters demanding an explanation.
    meh.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

modwiz (15th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    OOOOHHHHH, it gets even better. Trump is also considering Jamie Dimon for Treasury Secretary also. But it appears that Dimon is not interested. (Thankfully)

The more important point is this gives us INSIGHT into Trump's thinking. Why would he consider a Goldman Sachs guy and a JP Morgan guy for Treasury Secretary??? That seems contrary to Trumps anti-establishment, anti-big banking rhetoric (bull$hit) during the campaign.

Trump Said To Consider Jamie Dimon For Treasury Secretary; Dimon Not Interested

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/7967...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Needless to say, we can only hope that this is an attempt to scare clicks by CNBC instead of the actual truth, because if Trump hopes that he can "drain a swamp" by hiring the swamp puppet master, he - and millions of his supporters - will be very disappointed.

As for Dimon, or Mnuchin, they will be delighted: as a reminder, as Hank Paulson demonstrated so well, the only reason why bankers become Treasury Secretaries, is to be allowed to sell all their corporate stock upon moving to public office, tax free.

That said, as CNBC also adds, Dimon passed on the opportunity: "In the wake of Donald Trump's upset victory, advisors have floated the idea of naming Jamie Dimon as treasury secretary, according to two people familiar with the matter, but one of them added that the JPMorgan chief has said he would not be interested in the role."
    Last edited by lift the veil, 15th November 2016 at 15:36.