Thread: Graham Hancock

Retired Member
    Thanks

Graham Hancock

Being a Graham Hancock fan, I thought I would open up a space for some of his talks.

I will post 3 of my favourites, feel free to add any you may have.

"We are the authors of our own story..."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1uHklK0vtE

Thoughts on consciousness, cognitive liberty, the so-called "war on drugs", the evils of the State, the delusions of patriotism and nationalism, the tyranny of established religions, the mysteries of Ayahuasca, and the strength and fundamental goodness of the human spirit.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ulIn-7Wb4

Prehistoric rock art, cave paintings and petroglyphs from all parts of the world show extraordinary similarities and even identical figures -- yet these ancient cultures were often separated by thousands of years of time and thousands of miles of geographical distance and were not in contact with one another. In this clip from a visit to rock art sites in Utah's canyon country, arranged as part of the October 2010 Reality Sandwich retreat at the Boulder Mountain Guest Ranch, Graham Hancock argues that shamanic altered states of consciousness, often brought on by the use of entheogenic plants, are the most likely answer to the mystery.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ineffable Hitchhiker For This Useful Post:

Altaira (14th September 2013), Cearna (15th September 2013), dianna (14th September 2013), Frances (15th September 2013), Ria (15th September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 234 Posts
    Graham Hancock is fascinating, a true scolar, I am glad you started this thread Hitchhiker!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Cearna (15th September 2013), Frances (15th September 2013), Ineffable Hitchhiker (14th September 2013), Ria (15th September 2013), Wolf Khan (15th September 2013)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 375 Posts
    Mmm hancock I am not so sure about, his words sound good but there is in his energy a coldness. Difficult to fathaom, my question is "why so shut down on a such deep level , what do you fear so deeply", well I wonder???

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Khan For This Useful Post:

Cearna (15th September 2013), Frances (15th September 2013), Ineffable Hitchhiker (15th September 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wolf Khan View Post
    Mmm hancock I am not so sure about, his words sound good but there is in his energy a coldness. Difficult to fathaom, my question is "why so shut down on a such deep level , what do you fear so deeply", well I wonder???
    Now thereīs a question and a half.
    I donīt know, Wolf. He is a human being, being human - with all itīs flaws and quirks. I simply see him as a messenger and try not to analyse his persona too much.
    I have always been fascinated with ancient murals and find what he has to say quite interesting.
    Is it the truth? Haventīthe foggiest ....but what he has to say seems to make sense.