Thread: Bigfoot spotted lurking under bald eagle nest

Thanks
    Thanked 80,967 Times in 20,254 Posts

Thumbs Up Bigfoot spotted lurking under bald eagle nest

Source: CNET

Bigfoot, that mysteriously unkempt and anti-social gentlemen of the woodlands, has again made an appearance on camera in his trademark blurry yet intriguing style.

This time the legendary cryptid has apparently been captured on the CarbonTV Eagle Cam in northern Michigan. The live webcam is trained on a bald eagle nest 100 feet (30 meters) above the ground near the Platte River State Fish Hatchery.

As you can see in the video above, a dark lumbering figure walks into frame about 10 seconds into the clip. The shadowy silhouette of something clearly bipedal makes its way through the stand of trees before walking out of frame.

While the creature appears to fit the traditional description of Bigfoot, it also could pretty easily be explained as a bear or a human. Because the camera is capturing the forest floor looking down from 100 feet up, the perspective is a little screwy and it's hard to get much clarity.

Local media reported the story Wednesday, but the footage was actually shot in the spring of 2016. It was posted to YouTube earlier in the year but then taken down due to a copyright claim by CarbonTV, which then posted the clip on its own account in September.

This sighting is about on par with other inconclusive bits of evidence that Sasquatch exists, like the few seconds of something hairy captured in Sequoia National Park earlier this year.

Check it out for yourself and see what you think. One thing is for sure, though: those bald eagle chicks are ridiculously adorable.

Source: CNET
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (7th October 2016), Dreamtimer (7th October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), Gio (7th October 2016), Greenbarry (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016), Olaf (7th October 2016), pointessa (7th October 2016), sandy (7th October 2016), The One (7th October 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    My thought from watching is that this thing is about the same height as a normal person, judging by relative size compared to the width of the trees. I grew up playing in woods like this, albeit in the Appalachians, and I can't tell the difference between this and a guy hunting in a ghillie suit.

I used to go paintballing with one of my buddies, and he wore a ghillie suit, and looked pretty much exactly like this. He even had to stop periodically just like Mr. Bigfoot here, because his ghillie suit kept getting hung in bushes.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2016), Dreamtimer (7th October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), Gio (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016), pointessa (7th October 2016), sandy (7th October 2016), The One (7th October 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    My thought from watching is that this thing is about the same height as a normal person, judging by relative size compared to the width of the trees. I grew up playing in woods like this, albeit in the Appalachians, and I can't tell the difference between this and a guy hunting in a ghillie suit.

I used to go paintballing with one of my buddies, and he wore a ghillie suit, and looked pretty much exactly like this. He even had to stop periodically just like Mr. Bigfoot here, because his ghillie suit kept getting hung in bushes.
    Yeah, but ghillie suits are commonly not black. As the matter of fact, even the genuine military will shun the use of black for clothing, given that it shows up with very high contrast on night vision units due to the fact that black materials absorb more heat and thus give off more infrared radiation. That's why ghillie suits or any other type of camouflage will commonly resemble the foliage of the area where the person wearing it is to operate.

To myself, this video looks very convincing. And it's definitely not a bear — bears don't move like that when they're walking on their hind legs.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (7th October 2016), Dreamtimer (31st October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), Gio (7th October 2016), Greenbarry (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016), pointessa (7th October 2016), sandy (7th October 2016), The One (7th October 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Well the color definition is pretty poor in the close-up. You can look at some of the broken trees and see both solid white and solid black patches, when you know that's not how it would actually look.

I was kind of assuming a dark green suit when I saw it, maybe something like this:

But then again, that ghillie suit seems to blend in pretty well with the local lighting.

Around 21 seconds the figure turns to face the camera and spreads its arms out, and rather than distinct arms I just see a solid block of darkness. I tried to see if I could make out where it was carrying a rifle or anything like that but it's too indistinct to tell.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2016), Dreamtimer (31st October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), Gio (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016), The One (7th October 2016)

Thanks
    Well the color definition is pretty poor in the close-up. You can look at some of the broken trees and see both solid white and solid black patches, when you know that's not how it would actually look.

I was kind of assuming a dark green suit when I saw it, maybe something like this:

But then again, that ghillie suit seems to blend in pretty well with the local lighting.

Around 21 seconds the figure turns to face the camera and spreads its arms out, and rather than distinct arms I just see a solid block of darkness. I tried to see if I could make out where it was carrying a rifle or anything like that but it's too indistinct to tell.
    Well, I honestly don't know, but I do find it peculiar that this somehow popped up in the mainstream news again. I've watched the footage a few times now, and it does seem fairly convincing to me.

Maybe we should hear what jimmer has to say about it — he's our local Bigfoot expert.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (7th October 2016), Dreamtimer (31st October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016), The One (7th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts
    Remember this footage what do you think?

No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2016), bsbray (7th October 2016), Dreamtimer (7th October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by The One View Post
    Remember this footage what do you think?

I'm inclined to say that it's authentic. I had my doubts at first — I thought it was just another hiker who happened to be wearing black clothing — until I saw the proportions of the creature's arms in relation to its body length in the still images.

Still, the Himalayas are far from the North American forests, so if it is indeed all authentic, then there appears to be a close taxonomic relationship between Bigfoot and the Yeti. They could be the same species, with perhaps only a few "racial" differences between them, just as racial differences among humans appear to largely be location-dependent.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (7th October 2016), Dreamtimer (7th October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016), The One (7th October 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts

Gotta say, I'd flip out if I saw a 'bigfoot' in the woods who proceeded to bring up a rifle and aim it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2016), bsbray (7th October 2016), Elen (7th October 2016), modwiz (8th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I'm inclined to say that it's authentic. I had my doubts at first — I thought it was just another hiker who happened to be wearing black clothing — until I saw the proportions of the creature's arms in relation to its body length in the still images.

Still, the Himalayas are far from the North American forests, so if it is indeed all authentic, then there appears to be a close taxonomic relationship between Bigfoot and the Yeti. They could be the same species, with perhaps only a few "racial" differences between them, just as racial differences among humans appear to largely be location-dependent.
    it was a hoax: (sorry I was a little late to the party ; )

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/films/snowwalker.htm

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th October 2016), Dreamtimer (31st October 2016)