PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Retrograde

Cearna
14th September 2016, 07:56
Retrograde Mercury demands attention

Posted: 13 Sep 2016 06:23 AM PDT

I have known for a long time that the Mercury retrograde phenomenon occurs when Mercury is closest to Earth, but the obvious implications of this escaped me until I read this interesting article by John Townley:

The retrograde period occurs when we are the closest in our orbit to a planet, when we are speeding past them (or for Mercury and Venus, they are speeding past us) so fast that they look like they are going backwards (and from their point of view, we look the same way). So, if anything, it's a period of more active engagement, gravitationally and by sheer proximity. A retrograde planet is literally in our face, as much as it can get, with all that implies. It demands our attention, and it only becomes a problem if we ignore it or avoid it (which has been our first inclination, traditionally).

Mercury is the planet of communication and short travel, and when Mercury is retrograde our attention to detail is somewhat inhibited so we tend to miss the larger cues which creates the famous snafus and glitches of these periods. I have found that this is especially true in the week before Mercury turns retrograde. At that time its motion slows to a virtual standstill and demands our attention. The initial phases of a planetary cycle are usually the most intense, as we must integrate a new dynamic of consciousness that has previously not been present.

From John Townley:

[W]hat you should be doing during a retro, paying close attention to needed fixes and readjustments and not just taking time off until it's over. Those who spend the time with their eyes and minds open profit from the effort, those who don't miss the boat, if not right away then down the line when that periods inevitable developments begin to unfold.

read more here…

Astrology provides us with a map to navigate these cycles and use their energies instead of having to react to them.

The post Retrograde Mercury demands attention appeared first on Astrology readings and writings by Lynn Hayes.

:smile2:

Cearna
15th September 2016, 11:32
Pisces lunar eclipse 9/16/16: a watery pool of magic

Posted: 14 Sep 2016 12:45 PM PDT

Full Moon eclipse 9/16/16The second eclipse of the month takes place on September 16th, swinging us from the Virgo influence of the solar eclipse on September to a Pisces-dominated lunar eclipse at the Full Moon. All Full Moons bring a polarity of opposite influences, and here we have the mundane world of Virgo colliding with our feelings and dreams in Pisces.

This Full Moon in Pisces is a watery pool of magic through which we can see with greater intuition than ever before (Pisces); however, in the process we may lose sight momentarily of the worldly details (Virgo) that keep us rooted on Planet Earth. Using grounding rituals to help us to keep that balance will be helpful.

With Chiron, planet of wounding and healing, there is a sense in this eclipse chart of something coming up from the past that needs to be healed, and an alignment of dreamy Neptune to the South Node of the past brings potential for confusion in a swirl of emotions that require greater balance. It is more difficult now to determine what we want from our lives and how we might be able to achieve it, especially with Saturn’s cold voice of reality locked right now in a challenging dance with idealistic Neptune.

Venus is in its own sign of Libra right now where fairness and equity become more important, but a a challenging opposition to Uranus (radical change) could bring tension into relationships if we don’t allow space for each individual to flower and prosper. The Black Moon Lilith aligns with Venus in this eclipse which brings the psychic shadow into consciousness where it can become more fully integrated and bring us greater wholeness.

Eclipses are often associated with an “unmasking” of some kind, and in a lunar eclipse the inner instincts ruled by the Moon prevail over the solar conscious voice of reason. This is especially true in the sign of Pisces which lives in the realm of feeling. This is no time for emotional repression – it’s time for us to allow emotions to flow freely, bringing with them the nugget of crystal clear wisdom that illuminates the path.

The post Pisces lunar eclipse 9/16/16: a watery pool of magic appeared first on Astrology readings and writings by Lynn Hayes.

:chrs:

Windancer
16th September 2016, 19:24
Thanks for the explanation of Mercury retro and the Moon...I can say it has been one heck of a time ...as you know, what can break will break during these times and I have had one after the other after the other...repairs beyond comprehension... and not small ticket items either....been making my head spin and I hope this IS THE LAST retrograde like this.....things seem to be very amplified....this time around. We have one more merc retro this year and that is during the holidays.....yikes!

Take Care!

Cearna
20th September 2016, 09:25
Sunday inspiration: The healing power of scars

Posted: 18 Sep 2016 06:48 AM PDT

All culture is really an art of scarring. Bodybuilding is the same. You break down the muscle fibres and they reconstitute themselves on a new plane. You become a gladiator, it happens in fragments of time. Physical and mental culture can be linked in a scar. The dramatic events change us. All is scar, really, everything that leads a cultural environment: friendships, death, marriage leave a trace within us, scars of the times. We wear them and show a way to survive everyday life, show we can still carry on, in fact can transform and master it.

—Beatrix Ost

The Moon aligns with Chiron today in Pisces, peeling the veneer off of our scars and highlighting any areas that have not yet healed. This provides us with an opportunity for greater healing; underneath these old scars are the roots of our strength and vitality, just waiting to emerge once the Truth of the past is revealed.

The post Sunday inspiration: The healing power of scars appeared first on Astrology readings and writings by Lynn Hayes.

:love::thup:

Dreamtimer
20th September 2016, 11:40
Our scars tell our stories. I've had to remind people that wounds may heal but scars remain.

Perhaps this is related to the idea that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Cearna
20th September 2016, 12:21
I believe so, I know the scars remain, but you can look back and I have often begun to realise that I had suffered a great deal, but in the long run the overwhelming result was that I wanted to thank them, (though they had now gone on), for I knew I was so much stronger, so much wiser, so much more appreciative and in a way patient. I realised that I had been made to look deeply onto not only myself, but what they came from as well, and realised their journey involved different results than mine did, so I forgave and still loved.

enjoy being
20th September 2016, 12:39
Over the space of 3 months I have heard twice from two different incidences/sources that the memory of injury is stored in the bone. Both added "not in the tissue like people think".
One was Marcel Vogel the other a person (friend) telling me of his visit to an "eastern style healing man" who told him the same.

Marcel alludes to the crystalline structure of bone, storing pressures of impact, in a piezoelectric manner.
The eastern medicine man spoke of injury hiding itself and creating favoured bodily reactions to protect areas of injury.
The mind can repress trauma, scars of moments that were quarantined, then forgotten, guards placed in the form of triggers to cause one to swerve away from the tender spot. Into the conscious side of these happenings, excuses might be constructed as to why or ways to accept what is. Layers of tissue, the double edged nature of a scar. Respected, but easily taken for granted as enigmatic scribbles rather than reminders. With responsibility comes comfort. I think that refers to being present to cleanse the wound as it heals.

Dreamtimer
20th September 2016, 12:51
Nothing, I heard that too, once. Thanks for the reminder. Makes the idea of bones being sacred even deeper.

Aragorn
20th September 2016, 20:02
Nothing, I heard that too, once. Thanks for the reminder. Makes the idea of bones being sacred even deeper.

Whenever elephants in the wild come across the bones of other elephants, they stop and mourn. This fact in and of itself says so many different things, all at the same time. :belief: