PDA

View Full Version : Tintagel, fabled birthplace of King Arthur

Aianawa
7th August 2016, 07:58
More dots ?

King Arthurs palace found ?

http://www.newhistorian.com/palace-found-tintagel-fabled-birthplace-king-arthur/6998/

Amanda
8th August 2016, 00:29
Have held an interest in the story of King Arthur for a long time. I often wonder whether the 'enchantments' and 'magic' of Merlin, were actually an early version of mind control/brain washing. As for the castles I often wonder why some survived and some didn't. Excluding weather for the gradual erosion of castles built with natural resources such as bricks and mortar... I still wonder why some castles are in reasonable condition and those such as Tintagel are reduced to not much more than rubble.

An interesting note about King Arthur is that his bloodline, according to geneologists is only a few generations away from Joseph of Arimathea, (Not sure on the spelling.) He was purportedly the person who held the cup that collected the blood of the person named Jesus on the cross.

Much Peace - as we search for proper and truthful answers to our questions - Amanda : Sherlock::yoda::wiz::scp::holysheep::ninja:

The One
8th August 2016, 17:25
To make things even more interesting, a slate engraved with "Artognou", Latin for the English name Arthnou, was uncovered at the site back in 1998.

Go here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/146511.stm

Amanda
8th August 2016, 23:28
Malc - great find. The article stills raises questions for me. I have no doubt there was a Roman influence - no doubt at all however I think that more is known. More than what is released in a public manner. Still think that he existed and introduced the 'round table' which is a form of equality. He probably met with a lot of resistance - giving freedom of speech to the knights. It then becomes quite plausible that he was sent to the myth/conspiracy/disinformation basket - as it were.

During research on the subject of King Arthur I noted that the knights respected women and their opinions - they weren't just rescued from captivity in tall towers. The knights were trained specifically to respect women and that seemed to diminish over time. Another form of control over a situation - not unlike todays mainstream media perhaps???? When you follow the trail of knights and knighthoods ...see where it leads... the round table that represents, or did appear to represent, 'Freedom of Speech' has been transformed into something quite the opposite.

Much Peace - as we seek answers - Amanda

modwiz
8th August 2016, 23:30
As the Survivor series has led many of us to consider. Just exactly who were the Romans and what is their legacy?

Amanda
8th August 2016, 23:45
modwiz - just my theory but the Romans were psychopaths who travelled widely - hence the term Roman Empire. They sought to dominate and take ownership of land and people. It must not be forgotten that they did share the gift of language and thankfully some artefacts remain, so we can develop a picture of what happened.

As is natural justice - when psychopaths and narcissists do their control thing, they actually give a legacy of knowledge. Yes it can come at a huge cost, on all levels, all aspects and all dimensions. That is the beauty of learning and knowledge and wisdom.

King Arthur and Queen Gwenuivere (not sure of the spelling have seen a few versions) do indeed appear to be fair minded and respectful - even though they sat in positions of authority. Psychopaths and narcissists would never have warmed to the Freedom of Speech being offered to anyone let alone Knights. They seek to dominate all and expect their henchmen and hench women to obey them - anyone resisting that concept would be immediately viewed as an enemy - yes??? Perhaps??? Just my theories - just thinking out aloud.

Much Respect - Amanda

Elen
9th August 2016, 06:40
As the Survivor series has led many of us to consider. Just exactly who were the Romans and what is their legacy?

I want to chime in on this one, modwiz. Were they just in the "history books" or what?

Aianawa
9th August 2016, 06:48
Were the original knights black, black as night ?.

Elen
9th August 2016, 07:00
Were the original knights black, black as night ?.

Judging by the name alone, you could very well be on to something here...