PDA

View Full Version : Make a Homunculus

Chester
29th June 2016, 17:52
I am not very confident about this... does anyone know if this is real?

OzxThtH_5Ys

Innocent Warrior
29th June 2016, 18:24
Hi Sam.

So that's supposed to be from fertalizing a chicken egg with human sperm? Naaaaahhhh, no way.

modwiz
29th June 2016, 18:29
Based on what I know about things, though never like speaking of it, this is not real. Making a golem, or humunculus is very high magic involving very specific ingredients. A certain kind of meteoritic glass mixed with clay is required and certain letters spelling a certain word is also needed. The Frankenstein story is based on a real Golem that was mismanaged in Prague. Well, mismanaged for a time. It is said the golem "rests" in a certain house of worship there in the rafters. This story is on a video by Vincent Bridges, now deceased, I do not remember which video and it is in the somewhere in a long video about Enochian magic and other things.

modwiz
29th June 2016, 18:45
Hi Sam.

So that's supposed to be from fertalizing a chicken egg with human sperm? Naaaaahhhh, no way.

LOL. Agreed, obviously the video maker was a jerk off.

Dreamtimer
29th June 2016, 18:45
No good character may have the homunculus. While it is your follower you add one to your strength and one to your craft. (Talisman)

I only know the game magic, not the high magic. But I certainly wouldn't be putting my energies into learning to make one. :magic:,

modwiz
29th June 2016, 20:41
No good character may have the homunculus. While it is your follower you add one to your strength and one to your craft. (Talisman)

I only know the game magic, not the high magic. But I certainly wouldn't be putting my energies into learning to make one. :magic:,

Agreed, there is little utility for one and much possible blowback.

lcam88
30th June 2016, 00:33
Homunculus can be thought of as a tangible hologram of human (or living) form possibly driven by remote control that may be confused for the original in some way.

Such a definition lends itself to being a technological creation as well. I suppose those high end life size sex dolls might qualify insofar as the specific function of concern is constrained...

Elen
30th June 2016, 16:36
No matter what this is, it looks pretty awful and disgusting, to be honest. A real turnoff. :shocked:

modwiz
30th June 2016, 16:58
No matter what this is, it looks pretty awful and disgusting, to be honest. A real turnoff. :shocked:

I could not agree more. The recipe is yucky too.

Elen
30th June 2016, 17:21
I could not agree more. The recipe is yucky too.

Radagast, you are a sight for a sore eye....nice to see you awake and aware...I've been holding the fort all day, mostly alone...:h5: Have your coffee fix now...

modwiz
30th June 2016, 18:43
I working my way through a pot. Already had an hour and a half meeting and multi hour one begins for me at the top of the hour. Weds. and Thurs. are filled like that every week for me. How I keep the checkbook balanced. Looking to get my shiatsu work going in my new home. I prefer that to meetings. Throwing a few posts up while I can and then jump into the owl shift.

lcam88
30th June 2016, 20:11
I first heard the term Homunculus from a JSM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Michael_Straczynski) series he did post babylon5 called Crusade (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade_(TV_series)).

The Homunculus was the creation of Galen, a "techno-mage" that joins the team of protagonists in their quest to find...