PDA

View Full Version : Tisa WTF, never heard of it

Aianawa
26th June 2016, 19:49
Just checking on news back home while on holiday and this I have never heard of > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11280883

The more startling news is that our Government, with almost 50 other countries, is negotiating another secret deal in the shadows of the World Trade Organisation. They are calling to negotiate a Trade in Services Agreement (Tisa).

It is part of a troika: along with the TPP and the deal the US is negotiating with the European Union, it aims to create a new set of global rules that are designed exclusively to serve commercial interests.

This is no exaggeration. Last week US corporates held a launch for what they call Team Tisa. The co-chairs are Citigroup, Liberty Mutual, IBM, MetLife, UPS and Walmart. Leading members of Congress and the US Trade Representative were invited to speak.

If we thought the TPP was secretive - background documents remain secret for four years after any deal is done - Tisa proponents want to keep their documents secret for five years.

They aim to create an unrestricted global market for services, just as TPP is aimed at the Asia-Pacific. That means locking open the door to foreign corporations that dominate the world's media, IT, finance, tourism, transport, healthcare, education sectors and more.

They also want to make light-handed regulation the global norm. A standstill rule aims to freeze the existing level of regulation as the new bottom line.

What Wikileaks posted was the draft chapter on financial services. We can assume it will be very similar to the TPP's financial services chapter.

Continued below.

Related Content

Barack Obama meets with John Key. Photo / AP
Editorial: Japan must step up on TPP or be eased out

President Barack Obama met with Prime Minister John Key last week. Photo / AP
TPP unlikely to be finalised this year - PM

John Key says NZ and the US understand each other and 'back each other up'. Photo / AP
Obama TPP talk positive, says free trade group

This is especially scary, because it aims to extend the model of liberalised and deregulated financial markets that brought us the global financial crisis.

The International Monetary Fund has criticised the US and EU for being in denial over the risks this model poses to themselves and the world. Yet they are pushing a more extreme version in Tisa, and, presumably, in the TPP.

The Wikileaks expose caused a flurry across the Tasman. Journalists realised that Tisa could threaten the four pillars policy that prevents mergers and takeovers among the Australian banks, who own most of ours.

Limiting competition means less reckless behaviour. Removing those restraints means pressure for even higher returns and temptations to play Russian roulette in the shadow banking system.

That adds a further downside to the TPP, in return for what? Suggestions from President Barack Obama that the US is committed to full liberalisation and will "put the blowtorch on Japan" are fanciful.

So, in my view, is the Prime Minister's pledge that he would walk away from a deal that wasn't good enough for New Zealand. The secrecy makes the Government the sole judge of the final package. It is nigh on impossible to change after that. The political risks from selling out will be limited, given the timeline has stretched into 2015.

The 12 countries involved, including the US and Japan, are never going to give up all their tariffs on agriculture.

Our Trade Minister Tim Groser has conceded as much. Nor is the US going to force a recalcitrant Japan to exit. The entire deal would be economically meaningless without Japan.

There are two more likely options. Either no deal is reached because there are too few gains for the major players and the costs of capitulation are too high. Or the US and Japan will strike a pragmatic pact that each can sell at home. The rest, including New Zealand, will have to forage for the leftovers. Wikileaks has shown the price for New Zealand would be more than unaffordable medicines, loss of internet freedom and foreign investors suing our government.

A TPP, along with Tisa, would also heighten the prospect of another global financial crisis.

Jane Kelsey is a law professor at the University of Auckland.

Debate on this article is now closed.

- NZ Herald

By Jane Kelsey

Email

Print

Gale Frierson
26th June 2016, 23:24
And of course we must add into the mix, the Brits pulling out of the EU.

Aianawa
27th June 2016, 07:40
Yes, controlled chaos, glove now fits.

Aianawa
29th June 2016, 18:42
Am a wee bit out of the loop at, is the Tisa data getting out as such ?.

modwiz
29th June 2016, 18:44
Am a wee bit out of the loop at, is the Tisa data getting out as such ?.

It would appear not.

Aianawa
29th June 2016, 18:47
Diabollockalliyogaish.

modwiz
29th June 2016, 19:29
Diabollockalliyogaish.

LOL. Whatever. Keep posting and we might make the 100k by July 2.

Dreamtimer
29th June 2016, 19:33
There is a fellow named Alfred de Zayas, an independent expert with the UN who is 'assigned the task to apply the standards of international law to proposed treaties, to determine whether they’re in accord with international law.' On June 24 he issued a finding 'that the proposed treaty violates international laws, and is inconsistent with democracy.' There is more about it in an article from Global Research. http://www.globalresearch.ca/ttp-ttip-tisa-and-ceta-u-n-legal-expert-calls-proposed-trade-deals-illegal/5532672

"In a statement to the Council of Europe, on April 19th, de Zayas had said: “Two ontologies seem to have been lost in the ideologically-driven corporate narrative. Firstly, the ontology of the State, its raison d’être to legislate in the public interest, including preventative measures to avert potential harm to the population. Secondly, the ontology of business, which is to take calculated risks for profit.” He meant there that these proposed treaties, which would enable the latter to override the former — enable international investors to override national sovereignty of democratic nations, and which would impose their own system of ‘arbitration’ that isn’t required to adhere to any nation’s laws and constitution — violate international law."

This sums up what's really been bothering me about the way things have been going economically.

Elen
30th June 2016, 08:18
"In a statement to the Council of Europe, on April 19th, de Zayas had said: “Two ontologies seem to have been lost in the ideologically-driven corporate narrative. Firstly, the ontology of the State, its raison d’être to legislate in the public interest, including preventative measures to avert potential harm to the population. Secondly, the ontology of business, which is to take calculated risks for profit.” He meant there that these proposed treaties, which would enable the latter to override the former — enable international investors to override national sovereignty of democratic nations, and which would impose their own system of ‘arbitration’ that isn’t required to adhere to any nation’s laws and constitution — violate international law."

That says it all in a nutshell...and is the way works, I'm afraid... :shocked: Shocking

Aianawa
30th June 2016, 14:05
But ffs this explains the pre organised exit by Britain by tptW.

Elen
30th June 2016, 14:59
Googled Tisa and came up with this web-site. I do not know how reliable this is, but thought to share it with you...

What is TiSA?

TiSA is a highly secretive major new trade and investment deal which seeks to lock in forever the privatisation of public services. It is currently being negotiated between 50 different countries, and if you haven't heard about it, that's because they don't want you to!

TiSA, the 'Trade in Services Agreement', is a central plank of the ‘new generation’ trade deals negotiated - alongside TTIP, CETA and the TPP – by and for big business. Together they represent an unprecedented attack on fundamental human rights and democracy.

Secret talks

TiSA negotiations began in secret in 2012 after being initiated by the USA. Together with a group of countries calling themselves the 'Really Good Friends of Services', the US and EU have been key drivers in the negotiations. ‘Offers’ of initial negotiating positions were presented at the end of 2013.

However, negotiations were dealt a blow in September 2015 when both Uruguay and Paraguay announced they would leave the negotiations, citing concerns about the deal stopping them from being able to regulate in the public interest.

Leaks

A first leak of TiSA documents took place in 2014. Shortly afterwards, while heralding its commitment to ‘transparency’, the European Commission published its offers online.

In 2015, Wikileaks released more leaked documents in three waves. The documents, accessible here, cover annexes including energy, financial services and public procurement.

Wikileaks has undertaken an analysis of its December leak of the TiSA ‘core text’, available here. War on Want allies Public Services International and Our World Is Not For Sale have also published a report entitled 'The Really Good Friends of Transnational Corporations Agreement'.

Building the fightback

War on Want has already joined allies, coordinated by the Seattle to Brussels Network, in signing a civil society letter to the European Parliament’s trade committee calling for an immediate halt to TiSA negotiations.

The letter highlights how TiSA aims to bring about broad liberalisation of sensitive sectors such as finance and public procurement, how it lacks transparency and accountability, restricts democratic decision-making, fails to protect workers’ rights and threatens public services.

Much like related new generation trade deals, TTIP, CETA and TPP, TiSA must be stopped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EriEOWHPqcU

Read about it here: http://waronwant.org/what-tisa

Aianawa
30th June 2016, 20:35
Been shoving this out on FB, from our forum, may get a wee bit of traction.

modwiz
30th June 2016, 21:56
Been shoving this out on FB, from our forum, may get a wee bit of traction.

Wee is probably right. We can't get many of our own members to get interested in giving us a few mercy posts. An ant colony has a better sense of community.

Cearna
1st July 2016, 08:37
Aianawa, come and join us on what is after all your own commenced thread. You keep putting the threads out there, hoping for a response, well, the response is there, come and join us. You will not be sorry to see what you began, has taken flight.

modwiz
1st July 2016, 08:42
Yes, Aianawna. Just follow Cearna's voice and vent there. Or anywhere. Question everything.

Gimli will lend a hand. Just point him in TISA's direction.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Gimli_With_Axe.jpg

Cearna
1st July 2016, 09:18
Yes, Aianawna. Just follow Cearna's voice and vent there. Or anywhere. Question everything.

Gimli will lend a hand. Just point him in TISA's direction.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Gimli_With_Axe.jpg

Why Modwiz, you knew my name sake Cearna, used to swing a mean double bladed axe, when she was a Viking. You really care!!!!!!!!!

modwiz
1st July 2016, 09:26
Why Modwiz, you knew my name sake Cearna, used to swing a mean double bladed axe, when she was a Viking. You really care!!!!!!!!!

It is the magic in the air. Who knew it would show up in The Shire? :magic:,

Aianawa
2nd July 2016, 17:40
Dash, I missed so much fun, back on track, people do not like thinking that the Brexit exit may have been organised by tptW, glowing in the people power feeling I feel, I still feel it was orchestrated but feel it will bite them on the backside, get out of their control, be for the best.

Aianawa
4th July 2016, 08:52
I see some Scottish vote rigging info getting out on FB etc now, finally.

Elen
4th July 2016, 10:01
I see some Scottish vote rigging info getting out on FB etc now, finally.

From my recollection of what happened at the time, a Scottish cyclist watched a Taxi driver stopping to dump a big bag in a wast bin. He was curious as to what it was and had a look. Turned out to be a lot of "ballot" papers from a pre election voting venue somewhere. He was also wondering how many more of this it would be in waste bins around the place.

Yes, it could have been rigged, so I was REALLY surprised to see the EU election run so "honestly". We don't really know how far up this game is being "played" at, do we?

Aianawa
4th July 2016, 12:50
Some do imo, once you know your own mind, then understanding outside of oneself is complemented, so also very important to have ones logical hat on, logically tptW needed people to believe they had a choice, had power, tptW would then decide some little things and the odd big thing that they would allow to be allowed, after usually putting ino place beforehand any benefits for themselves and minions that may come about.

They still usually get their way nowadays but with bigger and bigger damage to themselves, especially as people become logically aware, which in time brings them to self aware and into knowing their own mind space, for me, the last couple of years has been incredible as it has been the logical, creating change so so much, where as the spiritual has come about after the logical for many nowadays.

Aianawa
23rd July 2016, 02:34
Feel we are due for some heavy public disclosure of the truth regarding Tisa etc via articles and FB etc, maybe why so many distraction set ups, Nice, coup etc.

Aianawa
7th August 2016, 05:17
I feel if the Greens get some sort of platform in USA elective, Tisa may get rolled out to view, gotta hope.

Aianawa
30th November 2016, 22:32
Feel we may start hearing about this now, as tpp etc's appear deadish.

Aianawa
24th April 2017, 20:42
Okay, so TTPA got deaded but did it, there is a patching up job going on, NZ involved. BUT BUTT no flaming TISA awareness even in alternative data, maybe when this happens a corner or stage is reached ?.

ZShawn
25th April 2017, 16:31
there are so many secretive details..... and people diss those who suggest consipracies are afoot
:scrhd::scrhd:

Dreamtimer
25th April 2017, 16:38
Turns out the whole conspiracy thing was a conspiracy. And there's way more going on behind the scenes than almost anyone knows.

What to do...What to do...

Can't even follow the money when it's being laundered on a global scale. :fpalm:

Aragorn
25th April 2017, 17:15
there are so many secretive details..... and people diss those who suggest consipracies are afoot
:scrhd::scrhd:

Turns out the whole conspiracy thing was a conspiracy. And there's way more going on behind the scenes than almost anyone knows.

What to do...What to do...

Can't even follow the money when it's being laundered on a global scale. :fpalm:

As the matter of fact, I've just posted two conspiracy-related threads...

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem (https://jandeane81.com/showthread.php/10897-Interstella-5555-The-5tory-of-the-5ecret-5tar-5ystem-(Full-Movie)) - a (highly recommended) musical science fiction anime, which illustrates the Illuminati control of the music industry; and

Ronald Bernard, Dutch Elite Banking Whistleblower (https://jandeane81.com/showthread.php/10910-Ronald-Bernard-Dutch-Elite-Banking-Whistleblower) - an interview with a former deep insider of the banking world, who bailed out when he was asked to participate in the ritual sacrificing of children.

Dreamtimer
25th April 2017, 17:19
I watched the Bernard video yesterday. I had to find time when I wasn't with family. I found him believable and compelling. Glad you posted it.

Aragorn
25th April 2017, 17:25
I watched the Bernard video yesterday. I had to find time when I wasn't with family. I found him believable and compelling. Glad you posted it.

At least we now know the number of people who truly run this planet — between 8'000 and 8'500. So that's not even the much-touted 1%, but more like 0.000'121%. :belief:

Dreamtimer
25th April 2017, 17:33
How can we sniff them out?

Aragorn
25th April 2017, 17:48
How can we sniff them out?

That is going to be the hardest part. These will not be high-profile people in terms of media attention. Those who get their faces on TV or in the papers all the time are just the fall guys. They get the fame when all goes according to plan, and they get the blame if any of it goes bad.

The truly evil masterminds among the elite are cowards. They hide within the nooks and crannies. :ireful:

Dreamtimer
25th April 2017, 19:23
We need some kind of power washer.

Aianawa
26th April 2017, 11:32
At least we now know the number of people who truly run this planet — between 8'000 and 8'500. So that's not even the much-touted 1%, but more like 0.000'121%. :belief:

Maybe, feel he was not too involved in the religious arm though.

Aragorn
26th April 2017, 11:48

Maybe, feel he was not too involved in the religious arm though.

He wasn't, but he did say that he needed to be in contact with them due to the nature of the information he required for running those financial operations.

But let's not get these separate threads all mixed up, or else nobody's going to be able to follow the discussions anymore. ;)

Aianawa
26th April 2017, 11:54
Lol, on that note, the lawyers arm he would not have had too much to do with either, the tppa and tisa slimies creators.

Dreamtimer
26th April 2017, 18:27
I feel pretty sure it's all connected at the top. Govt. and church have been in bed and trading places since time immemorial.

Country's GDPs are a fraction of these peoples' wealth. Small states can't really stand up to them. Seems like it's really a bunch of puppets and plays.

Maybe they're compartmentalized, but he would have interacted with all types at that level, I think. When you're laundering that much money, you're dealing with it all.

Aianawa
26th April 2017, 21:04
Yes true. Lets hope we do not hear of TISA, for good reasons.

Aianawa
6th July 2017, 18:16
Right, feel we finally going to start hearing mainstream about TISA, so how they going to sell it, like letting us know wow tisa is a great idea or will we hear half way through them pushing it through court and government systems