PDA

View Full Version : Experimental cancer treatment by way of genetic engineering enters first phase of human testing

Aragorn
23rd June 2016, 21:44
This sounds really good, and it could be a good thing, but at the same time — and as with many of these innovations — it could potentially also be a very, very bad thing. :hmm:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/DNA-Strand.jpg

Image source: outsidethebeltway.com (http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/supreme-court-rules-human-genes-cannot-be-patented/)
Article source: Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-23/crispr-wins-key-approval-to-fight-cancer-in-human-trials)

"An experimental cancer treatment that alters the DNA of patients has won a key approval to proceed with its first human tests using the controversial gene-altering tool known as Crispr ("clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats") (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-01/the-genetic-tool-that-will-modify-humanity).

Scientist from the University of Pennsylvania want to edit the immune systems of 18 patients to target cancer cells more effectively. The experiment, backed by internet billionaire Sean Parker, won approval from the Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee (RAC), a federal ethics panel set up at the National Institutes of Health 40 years ago to review controversial experiments that change the human genome. The trial still needs final approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Genetic engineering, which for decades never quite lived up to expectations, is being transformed thanks to Crispr (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-01/the-genetic-tool-that-will-modify-humanity). Scientists can use it to manipulate the genes of any living creature with unprecedented ease. Editas Medicine is hoping to begin human trials next year using Crispr (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-01/the-genetic-tool-that-will-modify-humanity) to treat a rare form of blindness. The cancer trial approved on Tuesday may come sooner than many in the field had anticipated, and for a broader potential group of patients.

The experiment targets difficult-to-treat cases of multiple myeloma, sarcoma, and melanoma. The scientists will remove blood samples from patients and alter their T-cells—central to human immune response—to more effectively target and pursue cancer. The T cells will then be infused back into patients and studied for the safety and effectiveness of the technique.

This trial is just the beginning of a coming wave of new approaches to fight diseases, modify foods, and rewrite the blueprints of life itself. The study is being funded by the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy, which was launched this year by Sean Parker, co-founder of the file-sharing computer service Napster and the first president of Facebook Inc."

modwiz
24th June 2016, 00:08
I see it as good because the preventative action of staying alkaline and the diet it requires is beyond the desire and will power of many. This way, bad life choices do not have to be death sentences. It is my compassion speaking. I do not doubt for a moment it will have a mischief side and a HUGE monetary reward side for the providers.

Aragorn
24th June 2016, 00:51
I see it as good because the preventative action of staying alkaline and the diet it requires is beyond the desire and will power of many. This way, bad life choices do not have to be death sentences. It is my compassion speaking. I do not doubt for a moment it will have a mischief side and a HUGE monetary reward side for the providers.

I hear you on that. :)

I do not doubt for a moment it will have a mischief side and a HUGE monetary reward side for the providers.

That, and the potential both for eugenics and for weaponization by the military-industrial complex, of course... :hmm:

modwiz
24th June 2016, 01:52
I hear you on that. :)

That, and the potential both for eugenics and for weaponization by the military-industrial complex, of course... :hmm:

I corrected my punctuation and put a comma after the words, this way. I would appreciate it if you edited your post. Literate people may be watching, lol. Even BR can write literately. In fact, he is a good writer.

When dissing, one needs to be mindful of such things.

I do not expect bsray to thank this post. He is a member in good standing at PA and I support that.

Aragorn
24th June 2016, 06:53
I corrected my punctuation and put a comma after the words, this way. I would appreciate it if you edited your post.

Done. ;)

Cearna
24th June 2016, 07:54
I fully understand any sentiments of trying to cure cancers via whatever means we can, having now had many members of my family die from one form or another, and myself having had another form of cancer, myself and been treated by the dreaded Chemo, in 2003 and been pronounced one of the 30% who managed to be cured from it. It is an emotive issue, and not one to be allowed free access to without a huge amount of risk when it comes to changing DNA in order to make recoveries.

The first issue is one of the inner needs of the person involved. Most will tell you that, yes I don't want to die, I want to live, but if you get into the real nitty gritty of it, there is a powerful need within the person to either die, or to change their lives from what they are. Most do not want to change so much as, deep down they really wish to die, for whatever emotional reason it may be. If you went through thr course of Reiki as I did, then we were taught that Cancer is a form of nursing old hurts. In my own case I could see cancer developing in my sister one year when she came home to visit, and asked my spirit Guide Ivan, does she have, what I can see, a cancer. His answer was yes Colleen it is there,and I told her about it, but as everyone else did when I could see something inside them, didn't believe me. At the same time and for 3-4 years after she would say to me, "I took your hits for you, I wasn't a bad girl, you were, I didn't deserve your hits". So she had a mastectomy about 4 years after I saw the cancer, then, later lung cancer, the things she began to say to me were symptomatic of the later lung cancer. What I am saying is that we need to begin to listen to people such as Louis Hay who wrote about curing your own illness. This is our first line of defence to many illness, treat the emotional cause as well as the physical cause. I was in a state of near death, till I realised I needed to change my way of life, and I believe, it causes more cures than any other means, look at your life and change the way you are and think and live.

The next part of my answer is something you needed to have experienced as I have, otherwise you will not believe me, but I have written about this before in one of my new age threads, This is, that the Helix of our DNA, is sacrosanct. Virtually a sacredness that we have at some time begun with on Earth, but was never meant to be altered, under any circumstances. This DNA came as a result of gradual development over a very long period of time and was actually connected to the development and evolution of various species. The helix altered as was considered correct to be altered. Our own went through a great change already during the period of time from 2010 - 2018. There were nano-particles of a blue jelly like crystal which came through at first, till 2015, now there are red ones coming through us. The more you allow light to come through you, the more you will become. The more you allow in to yourself, the more you will call yourself whole. The fewer taken in, the lesser evolved you will remain.

The Dna was altered beyond repair when the Reptilian races began to interfere with our Helix, to give themselves a better, more capable body, however, anyone who remains in their mind only, not listening to Spirit influences will only remain influenced by the lower influences of life. Many scientists remain in this category.