PDA

View Full Version : Rudolf Steiner....practical evidence of spiritual science

Maggie
22nd May 2016, 18:52
(lookbeyond :D)

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-for-what-lies-inside-the-human-being-is-the-whole-spiritual-cosmos-in-condensed-form-rudolf-steiner-58-91-00.jpg

Though I have heard of Rudolf Steiner in many different contexts, I am only recently able to approach his material. It is actually because I stopped trying to mentally logically grasp all he says and am observing from a different vantage point. The world opening up through these teachings comes with a feeling of refreshment.

Rudolf Steiner said "We are slaves of the past but masters of the future."

“Whoever seeks higher knowledge must create it for himself. He must instill it into his soul. It cannot be done by study; it can only be done through life. Whoever, therefore, wishes to become a student of higher knowledge must assiduously cultivate this inner life of devotion. Everywhere in his environment and his experiences he must seek motives of admiration and homage. If I meet a man and blame him for his shortcomings, I rob myself of power to attain higher knowledge; but if I try to enter lovingly into his merits, I gather such power. The student must continually be intent upon following this advice. The spiritually experienced know how much they owe to the circumstance that in face of all things they ever again turn to the good, and withhold adverse judgement. But this must not remain an external rule of life; rather it must take possession of our innermost soul.more quotes here (https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/2593.Rudolf_Steiner)”
― Rudolf Steiner, How to Know Higher Worlds

This is a Documentary "The Challenge of Rudolf Steiner". It is so encouraging and enlivening and deeply relevant for now.

rXF3rGCKDLo

T87A7FGVJf4

I am experiencing some epiphanies form what I am reading and hearing.

For example, "resist not evil" is making more sense because what is resisted (defended against) and "hated" is seen in "front of us" and is not digested in the way "nature"could use it. If we were not always focusing on the "evil", it would become composted over night in the soil of the unconscious. Our state of being would actually wake up more vital and balanced.This has been trivialized as a "positive thinking" cop out BUT

I have read from Steiner that Bashar was right on in Steiner terms...

"Circumstances don't matter, only state of being matters....."

How do antipathies or feelings of hatred, aversion, or dislike arise in us? This is a normal process which is ordinarily below the threshold of consciousness, unless our relationship to the outside world becomes abnormal and filled with defensive reactions. When that happens, our breathing becomes out of balance when we sleep and result in nightmares. This will lead in the extreme to the process called paranoia when not even one's loved ones are exempt from suspicion.

[page 167] When someone develops very powerful antipathies which then also enter into waking life, antipathy may enter into everything, even the astral body. The astral body then lets antipathetic nature stream out in front, rather like an abnormal aura. It may happen that the individual feels even people with whom he normally has a neutral relationship to be antipathetic and indeed people he normally loves. All the different kinds of persecution mania arise from this kind of situation. When we experience antipathetic feelings that cannot be explained by external circumstances, they come from overflowing antipathies in the soul.

But the energy or power that gets poured into feelings of antipathy is required for balancing our organic life and restoring our spent energies during sleep.

[page168]When you come to know it, you come to know everything in human beings which can take them to an extreme degree of badness. It is a profound mystery of life that our organic activity is balanced out by powers which would make a person a criminal, a bad character, if they were to gain the upper hand in conscious life.

Steiner says in several places that sin or evil is simply a "good out of its time." This certainly applies to this power — it is very useful to us when it is rightly used during sleep and it is very bad for us if it is used during waking life.

[page 168, 169] Nothing in the world is in itself evil or ,good. Something which is thoroughly evil when it comes up into conscious life, also regulates our organic functions and restores our used up powers of vitality during sleep, which is the right place for it to be used. If you enquire into the nature of the powers which restore used-up vitality, you have to say: It is evil. Evil has its function. When human beings gain spiritual insight and see this element it is an element about which spiritual scientists of earlier times also said: Its true nature must not be described, for sinful are the lips which utter it, sinful the ears which hear it. People must know, however, that life is a dangerous process and that evil is very much present down in the depths, a much-needed power.

http://www.doyletics.com/images/cos2fg37.gif

This next revelation seems right on. Steiner tells us that a negative opinion when it enters the sphere of the senses (see the upper right corner of Figure 37) is experienced not at all — in other words, as darkness — whereas a positive opinion is experienced as light. This could be expressed he tells us in terms of each of the twelve senses.

[page 170] It becomes a situation where we perceive nothing. In terms of the most notable form of sensory perception, vision, we may call it a situation in which we see nothing and experience darkness: Experience of darkness. A positive judgement on the other hand means experience of light. We might of course just as well speak of experience of dumbness, experience of sound, etc. We could put this into words for every one of the twelve senses.

Our eye is an organ which was formed by the light which first impinged on it and created the organ to perceive the impinging radiation from the Sun. Humanity's experience of the Sun is dramatically different now in the fifth Post-Atlantean age from what it was during the earlier Post-Atlantean ages of the Persians, Egypto-Chaldean, and Greco-Roman ages. Here's is Steiner summary of the human view of the Sun through those ages up to the present time where anyone would surely agree that the Sun Mystery is not known or acknowledged:

[page 172, 173] Then, from about the 4th century onwards — I have spoken of various aspects of its specific nature on other occasions — came the age when the sun was experienced as no more than a physical body, a sphere of vapor, out there in space. The sun had, in fact, become obscured for humanity. Persians truly felt the sun to be the reflector of the light which billowed and lived in space with tremendous vigor. The Egyptians and Chaldeans saw it as life billowing and pulsing through the universe. The Greeks experienced it as something which instilled love into organic nature, as Eros guiding them through the waves of the emotions. Entering more and more into the human being, experience of the sun vanished into the deep down depths of soul. Today we carry the sun element down in those depths. Weare not meant to reach it, because the Guardian of the Threshold stands before it, and because it is in the depths of which it was said in the ancient mysteries that no utterance should be given, for sinful were the lips which uttered it, and sinful the ear which heard it. Schools existed in the 4th century who essentially taught, to allow Christianity to spread: The Sun Mystery must not be revealed; a civilization has to come where the Sun Mystery is not known.

Behind everything which happens in the physical world are the inner powers which, I'd say, are teaching out of the universe. The Roman emperor Constantine (306-337) was one of the instruments of those powers. Under him, Christianity took the form in which the sun is denied.

http://www.doyletics.com/images/monstran.jpg

Not only was the spiritual reality of the Sun denied, but all records of it, all forms of worship of the Sun, and every work of art which acknowledged it was destroyed. There is one notable exception which any Catholic will immediately recognize: the design of the monstrance is that of the blazing Sun which displays the Body of Christ in the form of a consecrated communion wafer of bread within its center. There is represented for all to see the Christ residing in the Sun, but its meaning has been masked by dogma ever since Julian the Apostate was murdered because he sought to restore the Sun Mystery during the 4th Century.http://www.doyletics.com/arj/cosmoso2.shtml

6 Basic Exercises. These are meant to complete the forming of the heart chakra. Completed, the heart becomes a sensitive sense organ

Pjo3iy4kfdM

Gale Frierson
22nd May 2016, 22:59
Long story short; when we/you see our/your brothers and sisters as the Divine Beings they really are everything takes on a totally different perspective.

scibuster
23rd May 2016, 05:58
Steiner was a heavy smoker.
Steiner was an Atheist 1/3 of his lifetime.

lookbeyond
23rd May 2016, 06:09
Steiner was a heavy smoker.
Steiner was an Atheist 1/3 of his lifetime.

Yep and i used to be a daily mass catholic

Maggie, Thankyou very much :). In particular the Six Exercises are very timely for me:meditating:

Elen
23rd May 2016, 14:24
Valuable information here Maggie! Right on.

:chrs:

Dreamtimer
23rd May 2016, 16:17
Your posts are thorough, rich and enjoyable Maggie. Thanks.