Magnitude
M 6.0

Region
NORTHERN TERRITORY, AUSTRALIA

Date time
2016-05-20 18:14:02.8 UTC

Depth
10 km

More... (http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=507606)

Joanna
22nd May 2016, 09:45
I saw an article about this quake this morning - it's extremely rare for an earthquake to occur in the centre of Australia. We get occasional ones off the east and west coasts, where there are edges of tectonic plates, but the centre of the continent is very stable, so this is most unusual.

Aragorn
22nd May 2016, 09:49
I saw an article about this quake this morning - it's extremely rare for an earthquake to occur in the centre of Australia. We get occasional ones off the east and west coasts, where there are edges of tectonic plates, but the centre of the continent is very stable, so this is most unusual.

Maybe the Acronymians are messing about in their underground base at Alice Springs? :hmm:

Joanna
22nd May 2016, 10:09
Maybe the Acronymians are messing about in their underground base at Alice Springs? :hmm:

Quite possibly. They're not especially happy bunnies at the moment, I surmise. :whstl:

Aragorn
22nd May 2016, 10:48

Quite possibly. They're not especially happy bunnies at the moment, I surmise. :whstl:

Well, I am silently hoping that the quake will have destroyed some of their equipment. They're not using it for the betterment of humanity anyway. <evil grin> :p

Joanna
22nd May 2016, 11:04
Well, I am silently hoping that the quake will have destroyed some of their equipment. They're not using it for the betterment of humanity anyway. <evil grin> :p

"Acrimonious Acronymians, be warned all attempts to blow up, electromagnetically control, or otherwise traumatize the planet will back-fire"...or words to that effect.... ;)