PDA

View Full Version : Time Traveler at Mike Tyson Fight?

paragirl
20th May 2016, 01:14
A video has emerged of a person filming a 1995 Tyson fight with a smart phone. Thought it was interesting.

http://alien-ufo-research.com/news/2013/time-travel/tyson-time-travel.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0D1MS8GhQ

bsbray
20th May 2016, 01:36
That's pretty interesting. I wonder if anybody can identify that as any equipment that was already around back then.

Aragorn
20th May 2016, 01:54
That's pretty interesting. I wonder if anybody can identify that as any equipment that was already around back then.

It's not a smartphone. If you look more closely, you can see that it's a regular camcorder — something akin to a Sony Handycam, which were quite popular in those days — with what appears to be the interchangeable battery pack at the bottom. The person filming the fight was obviously also looking through an objective, rather than at an LCD or OLED/AMOLED screen, because they are holding the camera right in front of their eye, and it is obviously big enough to be resting on said person's right shoulder.

I agree that there are several weird photographs going round which suggest time travel — of which some (but not all) could be hoaxes — but in this case here, I think it's a pretty obvious case of misidentification. ;)

Aianawa
20th May 2016, 03:23
It is interesting that this is very mainstream though.

paragirl
31st May 2016, 03:44
It's not a smartphone. If you look more closely, you can see that it's a regular camcorder — something akin to a Sony Handycam, which were quite popular in those days — with what appears to be the interchangeable battery pack at the bottom. The person filming the fight was obviously also looking through an objective, rather than at an LCD or OLED/AMOLED screen, because they are holding the camera right in front of their eye, and it is obviously big enough to be resting on said person's right shoulder.

I agree that there are several weird photographs going round which suggest time travel — of which some (but not all) could be hoaxes — but in this case here, I think it's a pretty obvious case of misidentification. ;)

That's a good point about how he's looking into the lens. I'm not sure about it being that large though and resting on his shoulder.