PDA

View Full Version : Paul LaViolette superconducting reactionless thruster

jonsnow
3rd April 2016, 19:57
interesting e-mail

Dear All,

I am writing to you because in the not too distant past you had bought one or more of my books from the Sphinx Stargate website (etheric.com) — likely either Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion, Subquantum Kinetics, or perhaps one of my other books. I want to thank you for that and also wanted to take this opportunity to ask your help on an R&D project that our group will soon be carrying out. This will be to build and test a new field propulsion levitation technology, invented by Professor Athanassios Nassikas of the Technological Educational Institute of Thessaly in Larissa, Greece which, if it works, has the potential to completely transform society for the better.

[...]

I first heard Dr. Nassikas speak about his earlier superconducting reactionless thruster invention at a scientific conference in 2012, and found it extremely fascinating. It seems that his invention may have the potential to completely transform deep space travel to our solar system’s planets and beyond to the stars. Tests have shown that this conical maglev thruster invention, which we call the Nassikas superconducting thruster-I, can deliver 1000 times more thrust per unit mass than the Xenon ion propulsion engine that NASA has used to propel its Dawn spacecraft beyond Mars to Ceres. It is no wonder that one NASA scientist who is involved in the search for advanced innovative concepts has asked us to keep them informed of our progress in its development. What is amazing is that this novel device is able to accomplish its propulsion with absolutely no physical energy input. It just needs to be cooled to liquid nitrogen temperatures or below, conditions that are readily available in space behind a sun shield. To say the least, the Nassikas thruster will require that physics undergo a major revision of its laws as applied to superconductors.

But it gets better than this. Last month, Dr. Nassikas filed a PCT patent application on a second generation superconducting reactionless thruster, termed the Nassikas thruster-II, which is essentially a conically shaped superconducting coil and calculations predict that it should develop over 30,000 times more thrust than his first version. Hence it should be able to lift heavy payloads off the ground. We have thoroughly researched this thruster design, and have engaged a company who builds superconducting coils to carry out computer simulations of its electrical and magnetic characteristics. By employing straight forward standard Lorentz force equations commonly used by physicists and superconducting coil designers, we find that this special conical design should develop a tremendous lift force. In fact, we find that it should be capable of delivering 9 times more thrust, per unit thruster weight, than the Space Shuttle main engine. Given the success of Dr. Nassikas’ first conical maglev thruster design, and these more recent simulation results, we are quite confident that our planned second generation prototype should work as expected and self-levitate off the ground.

Moreover like his first version, it is predicted to accomplish this feat with essentially no energy input other than what is needed to initially energize the coil. The thruster design is simple and elegant, and many may find all of this almost incredible. Remember the self-levitating hoverboard in the movie Back to the Future? If it works, this invention may make this a real possibility, including even pollution free electrical generators, and spaceships able to travel to the nearest stars. We hope you will want to get involved and help us to do something really important.

[...]

All the best,
Paul LaViolette

Collaborator
NTCo (Nassikas Thruster Cooperation)
Athens, Greece

Director

The Starburst Foundation

Niskayuna, NY / Athens, Greece

bsbray
4th April 2016, 02:17
I'd love to see major breakthroughs in alternative energy, but I'd be wary of sending this any "alternative community" personalities money. I don't know much about this guy personally but it's amazing to me how easily people can sometimes be scammed out of a couple of hundred dollars or more. Maybe this is legitimate fundraising for a good cause but how would we know?

hughe
12th April 2016, 02:10
[...]

This technology uses electromagnetic force to propel that uses magnetic field around a super conductor. Electrogravitics uses difference of electric charge potential, voltage as the source of gravity field manipulation.

[Mod edit: URL removed by staff decision]

Overview

Few technologies literally transform the world. Examples include the invention of the wheel, the development of the automobile, or the creation of the internet. If it works as the math appears to show, the Nassikas thruster-II (version 2) would be such a game changing technology.

This superconducting thruster was invented by Dr. Athanassios Nassikas, a professor formally with the Technological Educational Institute of Thessaly, Greece (recently retired). Early in 2015 professor Nassikas filed a patent application on his idea and the next step is to construct and test a proof of concept of this thruster.,

[...]

Calculations indicate that the test thruster we intend to build should develop a thrust about 13.6 times the thruster's own weight. In other words, a group of these thrusters could easily lift a vehicle off the ground. This thrust-to-weight ratio is about 9 times that of the Space Shuttle main engine! A more practical production version should be capable of generating thrusts even 20 times greater at liquid nitrogen temperatures.

Aragorn
12th April 2016, 14:17
I have merged hughe's thread with the similarly named one by jonsnow, and I have — per unanimous staff decision — removed all of Paul LaViolette's references to the fund-raising campaign from both of their posts.

:back to topic: