PDA

View Full Version : Neti pot rinse

Chickadee
6th October 2013, 19:49
Hey y'all! I was wondering if any of you have ever tried an ionic silver and distilled water solution as a sinus rinse. I've never in my life experienced a sinus headache until a few days back. I was in pure agony and actually bought the OTC medicine to help alleviate the pain.. But it's just a bandage and I don't like taking medicine.
I've been doing a Celtic salt water rinse, but am hoping this will work better.
Anyways, I'm just gonna do it. Wish me luck. I'll let you know if it helps.

I seriously wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy :) ugh.. Snort snort

Spiral
6th October 2013, 19:56
Try eating a meal with a lot of spices & garlic & ginger in, that should get things moving !

Tribe
6th October 2013, 20:16
I agree with spiral , if I get like this I have a chilli ! It really helps me clear the sinus !, bless you though it's horrid , will be wishing you better and fast . Love to you ! Xx

Sparky
6th October 2013, 23:44
Just a note of caution for anyone using a Neti Pot. Go to your pharmacy or drug store and purchase "sterile salt"...and use boiled water after it has cooled down.

NEVER, NEVER USE TABLE SALT OR ANY OTHER SALT FROM A MARKET SHELF.

You do not want to introduce bacteria or any critters into your body.

Sooz
7th October 2013, 07:45
One thing I've stocked up on is Supernatural Silver, you can buy it in gel form and/or liquid. I have both.

It is much more powerful than colloidal silver, which you can make yourself in your garage.

This stuff (Supernatural Silver) is super potent and made in a laboratory.

I use it as a detox every few months by mouth. And if my son has a sniffle, bingo, a couple of doses of this stuff and it's GONE.

Just startpage 'Supernatural Silver'.

Use the liquid as an inhalant or snort it up the nose (gah, I don't think I could ever do that, but plenty of people do, so I've heard).

shamanseeker
7th October 2013, 11:39
Hope you feel better soon, Gypsybutterfly!

Calabash
7th October 2013, 18:50
Hey y'all! I was wondering if any of you have ever tried an ionic silver and distilled water solution as a sinus rinse. I've never in my life experienced a sinus headache until a few days back. I was in pure agony and actually bought the OTC medicine to help alleviate the pain.. But it's just a bandage and I don't like taking medicine.
I've been doing a Celtic salt water rinse, but am hoping this will work better.
Anyways, I'm just gonna do it. Wish me luck. I'll let you know if it helps.

I seriously wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy :) ugh.. Snort snort

Let us know if you start sneezing silver dollars and we'll all give it a go . . . :) seriously, good luck GBK. I've seen it done with a little teapot pouring up one nostril and it scoots out the other. While writing, I was given a small bottle of colloidal silver as a free gift when I bought an ioniser and I have no idea what to do with it. Any (polite) suggestions would be very welcome :)

modwiz
7th October 2013, 19:17
I have used a neti pot for years. It is a brilliant invention. I use bottled distilled water and sea salt I buy at my health food store, from the bulk bin. Tones and disinfects to mucous membranes of the sinus cavities. I cannot speak highly enough for its efficacy for good nasal health.

Chickadee
8th October 2013, 05:22
So here's the low down :) I did the ionic silver (Sooz, I think we're talking the same silver) rinse. It actually hurt. I was that water up your nose feeling times 10!! I only used one pot for each side, usually I use two.(not at the same time) and..
I blew out big honking yellow mucus- yea gross, but it took about 15-20. Before the solution- when I blew my nose it was clear. Then I went through about an hour of heavy blowing and sneezing(up the yellow) and then.... Like magic- voila!!! It stopped. I guess it gets worse before better.. Now- nothing!!! Considering a mild case of sinusitis usually lasts from 10 days to 4 weeks, I won!!!! I killed it!!!
Calabash, that spray bottle of silver, use it on cuts, sunburn, anything- its wonderful.

Thanks everyone,
I'm usually healthy.. But it caught me... And now we all know that an ionic silver solution in a Neti pot rinse works! I was a Guinnea pig :))

Sooz
8th October 2013, 07:42
Ha ha, GBK,

I actually felt that go up your nose, reading that.

Glad you got rid of that crap.

Modwiz, I'm so glad to hear of your nasal health!

Sooz

shamanseeker
8th October 2013, 15:05
All Koreans wash out their sinuses with sea salt when they get a hint of a cold. It also helps of course that they eat great quantities of garlic and chilli pepper :)

modwiz
8th October 2013, 17:11
So here's the low down :) I did the ionic silver (Sooz, I think we're talking the same silver) rinse. It actually hurt. I was that water up your nose feeling times 10!! I only used one pot for each side, usually I use two.(not at the same time) and..
I blew out big honking yellow mucus- yea gross, but it took about 15-20. Before the solution- when I blew my nose it was clear. Then I went through about an hour of heavy blowing and sneezing(up the yellow) and then.... Like magic- voila!!! It stopped. I guess it gets worse before better.. Now- nothing!!! Considering a mild case of sinusitis usually lasts from 10 days to 4 weeks, I won!!!! I killed it!!!
Calabash, that spray bottle of silver, use it on cuts, sunburn, anything- its wonderful.

Thanks everyone,
I'm usually healthy.. But it caught me... And now we all know that an ionic silver solution in a Neti pot rinse works! I was a Guinnea pig :))

Salt 'conditions' the water and makes it soothing to mucous membranes. Same as saline solution for eyes. Plain water is uncomfortable as we all know from swimming or bathing.

modwiz
8th October 2013, 17:11
Modwiz, I'm so glad to hear of your nasal health!

Sooz
:onthequite:

Terra
23rd March 2015, 00:32
Wow, there's some great advice on this forum when you use search!

Thanks for all the ideas guys, especially the chilli, garlic and spices...and the Colloidal Silver. Will try them all (asap lol...curry mmMMMMM).

Had that pain for a couple of weeks now, ...just want to crawl into a ball on the bed. Last week I bought a Neti Pot, because my neighbour recommended the practice and the picture on Amazon made me laugh a lot. Now I have a mini watering can for my nose and it's quite addictive to be honest lol. Time consuming doing the water, but it helps a lot after.

Also, bought a Vicks humidifier which I guess has been helping with the dry air at night...begrudged spending the money though.

Meet my new friend, the Nosebuddy...lol :whstl:

http://www.yogameditation.com/var/corporate/storage/images/media/images/felles/shop/nosebuddy_dec_2010/nosebuddy_manual_4_neti/84525-1-nor-NO/nosebuddy_manual_4_neti_image_400_w.jpg

Cheers all,

Altaira
23rd March 2015, 08:56
Hi Terra, it is nice you got used to this pot, but have you checked the material the neti pot is made of, I would be careful if its plastic because of the chemicals that plastic leaches.

That Guy
23rd March 2015, 12:22
Wow, there's some great advice on this forum when you use search!

Thanks for all the ideas guys, especially the chilli, garlic and spices...and the Colloidal Silver. Will try them all (asap lol...curry mmMMMMM).

Had that pain for a couple of weeks now, ...just want to crawl into a ball on the bed. Last week I bought a Neti Pot, because my neighbour recommended the practice and the picture on Amazon made me laugh a lot. Now I have a mini watering can for my nose and it's quite addictive to be honest lol. Time consuming doing the water, but it helps a lot after.

Also, bought a Vicks humidifier which I guess has been helping with the dry air at night...begrudged spending the money though.

Meet my new friend, the Nosebuddy...lol :whstl:

http://www.yogameditation.com/var/corporate/storage/images/media/images/felles/shop/nosebuddy_dec_2010/nosebuddy_manual_4_neti/84525-1-nor-NO/nosebuddy_manual_4_neti_image_400_w.jpg

Cheers all,

So.......where is the battery compartment :whstl:

I have never used a neti pot but after seeing that picture.................that is not the model I would purchase, it looks like something that came either out of an adults only store, or from a gardening supplies shop, I still respect you though, kind of hard after picturing someone sticking that thing up her/his nose:shocked:

Glad to hear you are pleased with your purchase though.

bottoms up ( sorry, couldn't resist):o

I mean, cheers.:chrs:

johnjen325
24th March 2015, 05:18
One factoid of note about colloidal silver.

It takes ≈ 7 minutes of contact to be effective.
That's how long the silver ions need to disrupt the cell membrane.

Which means apply, then wait for say 10 minutes then apply again etc.

And I gotta say liquid up the nose is, or can be rather difficult, especially repeatedly, as in multiple applications.

Even using a nasal mister still gets me.

JJ

Terra
25th March 2015, 10:39
That Guy, exactly my friend. Cracked up when I saw it, but I tell ya what it does feel comfortable slipping it up the nostrils though :whstl:

LOL. Have a good day mate.

Energyflux2012
22nd April 2015, 06:08
I use a neti pot from time to time when my nose gets stuffy and it feels so cleansing to my sinuses. If you feel bold enough, you can go a step further and attempt a drop or two of raw apple cider vinegar (just becareful about it since raw ACV is strong stuff!). ACV is anti-inflammatory so it can assist with rhinitis. It might sting initially though :(.

Chickadee
22nd April 2015, 07:26
One factoid of note about colloidal silver.

It takes ≈ 7 minutes of contact to be effective.
That's how long the silver ions need to disrupt the cell membrane.

Which means apply, then wait for say 10 minutes then apply again etc.

And I gotta say liquid up the nose is, or can be rather difficult, especially repeatedly, as in multiple applications.

Even using a nasal mister still gets me.

JJ

Maybe it's mind over matter, like most things are, but are you sure?
Funny how ones supposed to hold the liquid in the mouth for 30 seconds or oral absorption... Why not 7 minutes then. I personally think, nasal, mouth (and other cavities) probably have far greater absorption rates than skin pores..
Not to be a downer, but my personal opinion...
(But, I'm no scientist ;) )

Chickadee
22nd April 2015, 07:32
I use a neti pot from time to time when my nose gets stuffy and it feels so cleansing to my sinuses. If you feel bold enough, you can go a step further and attempt a drop or two of raw apple cider vinegar (just becareful about it since raw ACV is strong stuff!). ACV is anti-inflammatory so it can assist with rhinitis. It might sting initially though :(.

You are one brave soul!!!
Maybe next time I'll give it a go----
I actually went for the "benedryl day and night meds a little while back.. Tried to use the OTC crap--
Big mistake- the non drowsy day time stuff- suddenly made me wasted while I had a vehicle full of children.. Scary stuff..

You know, I gave up my old faithful a- colloidal silver and wild oil of oregano about 6 months back-
Big mistake!!!!

Different strokes for different folks-
Don't ever let anyone wave your choices of trusted "natural" remedies. Our bodies know what work..
Not saying don't try new things-
Sooz, I'm getting me some of that black oregano oil next time I'm at my health store!!!
;)
It's been on my wish list for a while now.

johnjen325
22nd April 2015, 07:59
Maybe it's mind over matter, like most things are, but are you sure?
Funny how ones supposed to hold the liquid in the mouth for 30 seconds or oral absorption... Why not 7 minutes then. I personally think, nasal, mouth (and other cavities) probably have far greater absorption rates than skin pores..
Not to be a downer, but my personal opinion...
(But, I'm no scientist ;) )

Perhaps I should have been clearer.

You don't have to hold liquid water in you nasal passages nor mouth etc. for 7 minutes.

What needs to happen is for some CS liquid to remain in contact with the tissues/congestion, (I use a nasal mister).

Which means don't blow your nose/drink anything else for 7 minutes, THEN add more liquid and wait 7 minutes, repeat as needed.

The way CS 'works' is thru cell membrane disruption due to the silver ion being in contact with the cell wall for 7 minutes.
My father was a doctor and when I mentioned CS to him his response was that should work quite well as nothing will grow on silver.
In fact in the 'old' days a family doctor used to take 2 silver dollars and place them in a glass of water with a 'storage' battery connected to the 2 silver dollars and leave it there for several days. It was their version of an 'anti-biotic'.

JJ

Sooz
22nd April 2015, 08:06
So.......where is the battery compartment :whstl:

I have never used a neti pot but after seeing that picture.................that is not the model I would purchase, it looks like something that came either out of an adults only store, or from a gardening supplies shop, I still respect you though, kind of hard after picturing someone sticking that thing up her/his nose:shocked:

Glad to hear you are pleased with your purchase though.

bottoms up ( sorry, couldn't resist):o

I mean, cheers.:chrs:

LOL here, I've only just read this particular post, hilarious! Personally, I'm not game enough to put something that looks like an 'adult' type thing up my snoz either. I respect anyone that does though....:priest:

Kinda reminds me of a douche like thingy or colonic irrigation. OK, let's not go there.

Sorry, my bad...:ninja: I have a strange sense of humour, please forgive me...:getcoat:

That Guy
22nd April 2015, 08:45
LOL here, I've only just read this particular post, hilarious! Personally, I'm not game enough to put something that looks like an 'adult' type thing up my snoz either. I respect anyone that does though....:priest:

Kinda reminds me of a douche like thingy or colonic irrigation. OK, let's not go there.

Sorry, my bad...:ninja: I have a strange sense of humour, please forgive me...:getcoat:

Too late, now its in every readers mind, the nasal enema, I suppose we at least get to have different color options and or usb rechargeable.

And somewhat more on topic, swimming in the ocean clears the nasal cavities pretty good too, so its not a stretch of the imagination at all this was the original idea behind the salt water neti pot, someone went for a swim, got some water up his nose and created an instant snotty jellyfish and suddenly was able to breath freely again.

Chickadee
22nd April 2015, 09:08
Perhaps I should have been clearer.

You don't have to hold liquid water in you nasal passages nor mouth etc. for 7 minutes.

What needs to happen is for some CS liquid to remain in contact with the tissues/congestion, (I use a nasal mister).

Which means don't blow your nose/drink anything else for 7 minutes, THEN add more liquid and wait 7 minutes, repeat as needed.

The way CS 'works' is thru cell membrane disruption due to the silver ion being in contact with the cell wall for 7 minutes.
My father was a doctor and when I mentioned CS to him his response was that should work quite well as nothing will grow on silver.
In fact in the 'old' days a family doctor used to take 2 silver dollars and place them in a glass of water with a 'storage' battery connected to the 2 silver dollars and leave it there for several days. It was their version of an 'anti-biotic'.

JJ

Just as a note- I wasn't trying to be sassy :)

Thanks for clarifying - original I read that CS should be mixed with only distilled water-
The brand I say does not..

I totally get what you are saying. I'll never forget the run in I had at the organic market-
(Because you can't buy raw milk at the shops- it all has to pasteurized.. The only way to obtain such a thing here is to have shares and be an "owner" otherwise- it's illegal to sell) he was telling me that the way his dairy farmer family used to only consume milk raw- cows, goat any milk, but all that was used to treat the milk was a silver dollar in the vat.
Makes sense- perfect sense. That's why royalty ate with silver plates and utensils.

:)

johnjen325
22nd April 2015, 09:26
Just as a note- I wasn't trying to be sassy :)

Thanks for clarifying - original I read that CS should be mixed with only distilled water-
The brand I say does not..

I totally get what you are saying. I'll never forget the run in I had at the organic market-
(Because you can't buy raw milk at the shops- it all has to pasteurized.. The only way to obtain such a thing here is to have shares and be an "owner" otherwise- it's illegal to sell) he was telling me that the way his dairy farmer family used to only consume milk raw- cows, goat any milk, but all that was used to treat the milk was a silver dollar in the vat.
Makes sense- perfect sense. That's why royalty ate with silver plates and utensils.

:)

Nah, no sassyness perceived on my end… I hope I didn't come off that way either… :hmm:

Those silver utensils are also the source of the term 'bluebloods'

To much silver in your diet can cause your skin tone to go a blueish shade of pale.
(Like eating everyday on silver plates, using siverware, and silver cups, or drinking some for long periods of time, etc.)

JJ :thup:

Chickadee
22nd April 2015, 22:45
Nah, no sassyness perceived on my end… I hope I didn't come off that way either… :hmm:

Those silver utensils are also the source of the term 'bluebloods'

To much silver in your diet can cause your skin tone to go a blueish shade of pale.
(Like eating everyday on silver plates, using siverware, and silver cups, or drinking some for long periods of time, etc.)

JJ :thup:

Here I thought they were blue blood because they were a bunch of cold blooded lizards!!!