PDA

View Full Version : U.S. military forces strike in Libya, Somalia

Calz
6th October 2013, 05:37
The nonsense never stops.

Seems to be small scale going after "terrorists" (spare me ...). Isn't that what drones were allegedly for?

So now what the heck is going on??? We need more distraction from the alleged SHTF this month or what???

(CNN) -- In two raids nearly 3,000 miles apart, U.S. military forces went after two high-value targets over the weekend. And while officials have yet to say whether the operations were coordinated or directly related, they show Washington's reach, capability and willingness to pursue alleged terrorists.

One operation took place Saturday in the Libyan capital of Tripoli, when U.S. forces captured Abu Anas al Libi, an al Qaeda leader wanted for his role in the deadly 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa.

In the second raid, a team of U.S. Navy SEALs in southern Somalia targeted a top leader of Al-Shabaab, which was behind last month's mall attack in Kenya. The SEALs came under fire and had to withdraw before they could confirm whether they killed their target, a senior U.S. official said.

"One could have gone without the other," said retired Lt. Col. Rick Francona, CNN's military analyst. "But the fact that they did them both, I think, is a real signal that the United States -- no matter how long it takes -- will go after these targets."

The operations were carried out even as polls show Americans are skittish about U.S. military involvement in overseas conflicts. This means, Francona said, that others who might be in the U.S. government's cross hairs could have more reason to worry.

More and video: http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/05/world/africa/us-forces-africa-terrorist-raids/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

gigha
6th October 2013, 05:49
one has to ask why any country would be in the cross hairs??

And so on..MONEY and POWER

Calz
6th October 2013, 05:56
Video implies in the case of Libya it was with the "permission" of the (of course usa installed puppet) government now that the true leadership has been disposed of.

Somalia the details are sketchy as the attack may have been aborted.

Bear in mind this is coming from MSM (CNN no less).

I smell distraction in lieu of the government partial shutdown and perhaps looming debt default (or further down the rabbit hole there are others as well).

When the usa tried lobbing a couple missles into Somalia recently the Russian equipment shot them down.

Then came the "diplomacy" for disposing of chemical weapons (without proof of who actually had used them) and now this ...

Again ... small scale so hopefully this will not escalate.

Spiral
6th October 2013, 08:49
How do we know any of this is real ?

The Kenyan mall thing was really rubbish, they aren't even trying anymore !!!

Calz
6th October 2013, 09:40
How do we know any of this is real ?

After the Osama/Obummer joke it is clear we can have zero trust in what is presented via msm.

That said ... I would venture to expect some truth in this case as the psychopaths backed into a corner are always playing the "distraction" and "fear" cards.