PDA

View Full Version : Sinead O'Connor's Open Letter to Miley Cyrus

shamanseeker
5th October 2013, 10:32
Sinead O'Connor: 'You have enough talent that you don't need to let the music business make a prostitute of you.'

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/3/1/1330619370013/Sinead-OConnor--007.jpg

Dear Miley,

"I wasn't going to write this letter, but today i've been dodging phone calls from various newspapers who wished me to remark upon your having said in Rolling Stone your Wrecking Ball video was designed to be similar to the one for Nothing Compares … So this is what I need to say … And it is said in the spirit of motherliness and with love.

I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way 'cool' to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos. It is in fact the case that you will obscure your talent by allowing yourself to be pimped, whether its the music business or yourself doing the pimping.

Nothing but harm will come in the long run, from allowing yourself to be exploited, and it is absolutely NOT in ANY way an empowerment of yourself or any other young women, for you to send across the message that you are to be valued (even by you) more for your sexual appeal than your obvious talent.
I am happy to hear I am somewhat of a role model for you and I hope that because of that you will pay close attention to what I am telling you."

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/oct/03/sinead-o-connor-open-letter-miley-cyrus

Sooz
5th October 2013, 11:16
This Miley Cyrus character is a real worry. For one, too much attention is paid to her 'twerking' performance and yet it needs to be pulled apart and discussed.

Her handler, according to various reports is her father. And she is very much mind-controlled.

The whole performance was planned. Will post something from Vigilant Citizen which is always a good source of information, with discernment of course.

I discussed this just last night with my 15 year old son. He has no time for her or her ilk. He considers her, ahem to put it politely, not of normal womanhood and considers her not worthy of discussion. He has no time for girls like her. Let's just put it like that.

That being said, remember it can be viewed this young woman is a victim and has little to no control, and at best is being used and manipulated at such a young age.

Don't blame her. Look to the older ones around her manipulating the situation and controlling her.

It's so sad. I feel for her.

She obviously has no idea.

Sooz
5th October 2013, 11:19
There ya go, more here:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/mtv-vmas-2013/

Tribe
5th October 2013, 12:39
In my honest opinion Ms OConnor , is showing how true sisterhood works , I am in awe of her for this , I hope it sets a example to all woman to look out for our sisters and to be honest in delivery , it is a worry that Miley is under control and this message needed to be abrupt and to the point for it to penetrate into her consciousness ever so slightly . but it has impacted us all . It is like shaking a tree of apples . Unfortunately Miley may be the last apple to let go of the tree ! :(

Sooz
5th October 2013, 12:57
Ms Cyrus deserves our sympathy and whatever help we can give to her.

She is trapped in a world of delusion, including her own family members. How does one get free of that one?

With great difficulty I suspect. But I hope she gets free of the chains.

BabaRa
5th October 2013, 18:30
I weep. . . . I weep for my country and the planet.

I weep as I watch not just the music industry, but the movie industry, the TV industry, the advertising agencies and on and on – completely sexualize our country. Not just our youth, but everyone, straight up to our clergy, our corporate leaders and our politicians. Not too long ago we had a Congressman who took a picture of his private parts and email it to some woman he met on line. He was forced to resign and then a year or so later he ran for mayor of New York City, and according to the polls was doing very well (what???) until it was revealed he was having phone sex with several ladies online.

I weep as I watch the homeless population in my country grow – and then hear that some TV star is making $2 million dollars an episode – or some movie star is making $15 million a picture, while our teachers are being laid off and the remaining ones having to have pension or salaries reduced.

I weep when I look at worldwide poverty and hear that American corporations have billions in off shore funds and that my country has spent trillions on wars in the last 10 years where hundreds of thousands of civilians are killed and millions displaced.

Yes, I weep for Miley Cyrus, but I recognize that if – and that is a big IF – she is saved (and I hope she is) there will be 10 more in line to take her place – because I realize that If we don’t change the system, we won’t be able to change the behavior of the people in the system.

How we change the system is whole other discussion.