PDA

View Full Version : Are TV Detector Vans just a Cunning Trick?

shamanseeker
5th October 2013, 10:24
This is typical of the tricks the élite play on us. It reminds me of how when we sign their forms, we accept their laws instead of relying on common law thus allowing ourselves to be controlled and enslaved.

http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/article-0-188768C900000578-988_634x377.jpg

‘‘Detector vans are a myth,’ the UKIP MEP Gerard Batten, a long-time campaigner against the licence fee, told me this week.

‘Prosecution [for not having a TV licence] depends on the accused being caught in the act of watching live broadcasts, or admitting to it. The non-existent threat of Detector Van evidence is just a means of getting suspects to incriminate themselves.’

Sceptics such as Batten point out there isn’t a single documented case in British legal history in which so-called ‘detection evidence’ from vans has been used to prosecute a licence fee evader.

This was, sheepishly, confirmed by the BBC in 2011 in response to a (hitherto unreported) Freedom of Information request.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2445153/Are-TV-detector-vans-just-cunning-trick-For-decades-claimed-trap-licence-cheats-In-fact-theyve-led-single-prosecution.html

daft ada
5th October 2013, 11:54
Hi, how are you xx, well Before I went into flying for a living I used to own and run an Electronics company, I have a degree in electronics and I had considered this question in the past. In the old style Televisions there was a very high voltage in use for lighting up the tube, 25 thousand volts on a colour TV.
The only think I could think they may have had was the ability to detect the 25KV which would enable them to state that you had a TV running in your house, but you might only be watching a video or dvd? With the new LCD sets which are really only computer monitors I can't see how they can. I believe they just go by their records of which homes have a license and bluff it from there to scare you.

KosmicKat
5th October 2013, 12:24
Bluffing it is right. During my first marriage we did not have anything more sophisticated than a radio / turntable / cassette player in the house and the Licensing Authority sent us several letters threatening various dire consequences if we did not buy a TV license. The first few times I sent back a reply that if they wanted to visit the house and actually find a television receiver I would welcome them. This was a tactic I had actually learned many years ago from a fellow-student who had been pestered for "not having a television license". He joked that if he thought they might actually come to check, he could make something from a cardboard box, tin foil and yogurt pots to keep them happy.

Tribe
5th October 2013, 12:31
Well I think that if I didn't have my son with a keen interest in mine craft , on a game console , we wouldn't have our tv anymore ! I don't watch it , unless there is a series that really grabs my attention, but eventually they all get put on the internet anyways so I'm waiting for my son to discover girls or boys and then I will get rid of the box , actually there not boxes anymore lol ! X

shamanseeker
7th October 2013, 11:29
In Italy, they don't even send the TV licence vans around. It is illegal for them to enter your home and as Italians are not generally very sheepish, I don't think they even bother to try. They do spend a lot of money sending you reminders and threats in the hope of scraping in more money, even if you don't watch TV.

The One
7th October 2013, 11:54
And when i bought a new television from Tesco last year they wanted my postcode at checkout

They are all in it together

shamanseeker
8th October 2013, 15:06
Here they buy up companies who know if you have a TV, for example ones that advertise things on TV but nowhere else!

jcocks
11th October 2013, 07:27
Good lord. I'd imagine it would cost more than the fineif they wanted to strictly enforce those licenses anyway. In any case, I'm glad I live in australia, where they've got better things to do than try and control TV ownership.

Such an antiquated idea. I would imagine the only people interested in whether you paid your fees really would be the BBC - aren't they supposed to be the main benefactors of that stone-age tax?

Next thing you know, they'll be demanding licensing fees for the right to scratch your arse....

daft ada
11th October 2013, 10:12
Yeah it's for the BBC allright, they take millions off us each year so they can give it to themselves in huge five hundred thousand pound bonuses when they leave one job within the organisation to move to another within the organisation :-(, meanwhile the TV is continual repeats that we have all seen hundreds of times.

The One
11th October 2013, 10:43
Yeah it's for the BBC allright, they take millions off us each year so they can give it to themselves in huge five hundred thousand pound bonuses when they leave one job within the organisation to move to another within the organisation :-(, meanwhile the TV is continual repeats that we have all seen hundreds of times.

I just wonder how much the governments get from it

daft ada
11th October 2013, 13:34
Indeed, I bet it's like the road tax Malc, they take the money under false pretences by telling us it's for one thing and then they use it for something else. If we did that we would be prosecuted.