PDA

View Full Version : Cricket - your life is your Guru

Aianawa
16th January 2016, 22:39
From here > http://www.onenesschristchurch.org/oneness-trainers.html

Made me chuckle and to any cricketers here, I hope you enjoy lol, is from a Q an A session with Ammabhagavan in India.

Q Most of us are tired battling with life. We often wonder if life is conspiring against our joy and peace. The more we try to elude pain, the more challenging it becomes. Is it simply bad luck or the fruit of my past deeds or an irrevocable destiny that is forcing its way into my life?

A Life is like a cricket match. It is like a bowler throwing various kinds of balls at you – ball of pain, ball of pleasure, ball of hatred, ball of jealousy, ball of crisis. You are the batsman. Your life depends on how you play these balls.

In a cricket match if the bowler knows you are afraid of leg-breaks, he’ll constantly bowl leg- breaks at you. So is life. If you do not accept the balls it bowls, it will bowl only such balls since that is your weakness. Being a batsman you are expected to face every kind of ball. You cannot afford to say I would not face a particular kind of a ball or a bowler. If you say that then the opposing team captain would only make that bowler bowl. Life knows what you are afraid of and only such kinds of balls would come. Therefore, if you learn to play all the balls, your problems would get solved.

Learning to play all the balls is nothing but Recognizing, Accepting and Experiencing events and incidents as they occur without trying to run away from them. You should not think life would be nice and kind. It would bowl all kinds of balls. A good batsman would not run away from the field saying it is a tough ball.

If you are fighting jealousy then life would keep giving you situations where you would feel more jealous. But if you learn to play the balls of jealousy by experience it then the opposing captain would declare that you have won. He would concede because you are now hitting every ball for a six.

And what is it to hit every ball for a six - To experience everything in life. The art of experiencing is the art of batting. If you could experience every thing, what ever be the situation you have won. If you can do that here, you are fully enlightened. An enlightened man is one who can hit every ball for a six.

Outlander
17th January 2016, 17:23
I'm a HUGE fan of The King of Sports.

Here's a documentary about the greatest Ashes series of all time. The BBC reported on the day after the series that it was "hailed as the most thrilling series ever". Individual matches were very closely fought, with one match decided by a two-run margin, one match drawn with only one wicket remaining, and one match won by three wickets. The outcome of the contest was not decided until the very last day of the series.

What makes the documentary so special, is that even if you don't understand the first thing about cricket you will really enjoy watching it.
:chrs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCNoKQABZEs

Aianawa
18th January 2016, 03:21
Just last night I watched our kiwi t20i team get world record run partnership, exlent exlent, I will watch your vid above, cheers.

Dreamtimer
18th January 2016, 06:27
Well, I'm already on board with "life is your guru."

I don't know cricket so well. Leg breaks sound painful.:ok:

Thanks for the video, Outlander. I'll check it out!

Aianawa
18th January 2016, 07:05
Very enjoyable Outlander , I do remember the series but only made cricket my hobbies as such a couple of years ago, we have a two test series coming up against our neighbours coming up soon and really looking forward to it.

Outlander
18th January 2016, 11:10
Very enjoyable Outlander , I do remember the series but only made cricket my hobbies as such a couple of years ago, we have a two test series coming up against our neighbours coming up soon and really looking forward to it.
:chrs:

Here are three links that will make you very happy:
- crictime.com (All the big matches live)
- crickethighlights3.com (Highlights)
- mycrickethighlights.com (Highlights)

Enjoy!

Aianawa
19th January 2016, 03:02
Oh dear, my wife will not not appreciate your generosity lol.