PDA

View Full Version : A quick drive down south

Tonz
4th October 2013, 14:46
My sis has been here on the gold coast visiting for a number of weeks and bought a car so i offered to help drive it back with her . She lives in Melbourne .Its about 1800 kms south, we used an inland highway (Newel) headed off a little late but did the trip in two 10 hour runs.All was well but we noticed a few things on the way.

We saw only three animals on the way that we were careful not to hit, maybe there are reasons you notice some things more than others on long trips, they seem to stay with you as memories or perhaps symbols . Next to the road there was a wallaby happily eating grass in the shade of a large tree ,latter a black snake crossing, and latter a hare (cant think how to spell big wabbit!)anyways these were not the only ones as there were of course horses,cows,gala's,crows,rosellas,sheep ect. but the three i mentioned were perhaps symbolic in some way.

The other thingo i wanted to mention ,that was a little unusual , was when we were a couple of hours away from the first days destination it was dark on a splendid star lit night. I was there with my eyes extra wide open as i have had many a time avoiding roos driving at night so i keep a strong attentiveness on the long trips, when i felt a presence above us, at first, i felt i was being paranoid ,but after a bit i decided to take it seriously and focused as much as i could to shield us and the car and keep us in stealth mode if you like. I know it may sound silly but at least i felt more comfortable out there in the middle of nowhere with that feeling just before a possible abduction.

The last thing i wanted to mention was how absolutely beautiful the night sky was out there,It was the type of sky where the cupola is so very apparent , just as it was for all the old famous poets and scholars when they described the night sky. where the stars with intensity start from horizon to horizon only to be shadowed by the cloud of the milky way.It was truly breathtaking .

I have just flown back in 2 hours flat .Its grate to get back home so easily and fast but i have nothing much to share about it.

Sooz
5th October 2013, 11:28
Hey tonton,

Didn't realise you were an Ozzy!

Was just cruising by your neck of the woods the other day from Brisbane..

Sooz:D

Tonz
6th October 2013, 23:43
Hey Sooz,been back now for three mouths,staying with family. Left it all behind in Spain and arrived with a small suit case and a few hundred dollars in pocket. Its not easy starting again at my age . Ive had to pick up the tools again and get started with a few small trade work jobs as most of my qualifications are not very valued here on the coast.Oh well ,,,,,,,,,,all is going well, one day at a time ,Still getting used to the place though ,as it has changed so much since i left.

Oh,also still getting used to hearing aussie, as that also has changed, noticed so many more american things or influences in common communication like the" woo hoos",and the word "like" "you know like"ect.So in some sense it feels as though im not an aussie.
The one thing i have noticed, is that people are friendlier and there is a lot more hugging between friends and families , and thats nice .

Sooz
7th October 2013, 10:49
Well, welcome back to Oz,

You'll be right...if you have a few tricks up your sleeve, can do a few jobs with some trusty tools, do the right thing by your clients - word will spread and you can't go wrong.

Sooz

Tonz
7th October 2013, 12:01
Well, welcome back to Oz,

You'll be right...if you have a few tricks up your sleeve, can do a few jobs with some trusty tools, do the right thing by your clients - word will spread and you can't go wrong.

Yeah she'll be right.

Sooz
7th October 2013, 12:06
'She'll be right' is a common turn of phrase here in Oz.

Ah, gets a bit lost in the translation when you try to explain it, lol....it's a 'cultcha thing'