PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel like writing a book?

jimmer
5th November 2015, 13:32
Well, I have. It's called, Time Box.

The novel is inspired by the many stories, theories, people and events we explore
at TOT and the thread, Sasquatch Vocalizations 4.0.

Today, the e-book, Time Box, is available on most e-publishing sites.
Now, as we all know, things sometimes go awry.
While I intended to initially offer Time Box for Free, Amazon Kindle had other ideas.
They pretty much control the e-book market and require a selling price.
Fighting back against the man, I’ve priced it at the lowest allowable cost of $0.99.
Cheap!

I'm humbled that some of the biggest names in netherworld exploration will be reading and reviewing the novel:
MK Davis, JC Johnson, Kewaunee Lapseritis, and Mike Paterson.

Click on the cover image and go to the TimeBox / Kindle page address.

On this page you can read the story’s synopsis, grab a book copy, and download a free e-reader.
The Kindle reader works great.
Using the same link, I welcome those brave souls who read Time Box, to return to the page and leave a review or comment.
In the world of e-books, reader reviews is the only way to break out from the vast pack.
If you prefer another site, such as Nook (B&N) or iTunes, simply do a search
(quote marks around the title) “Time Box” and you should easily find it.

So, if you’re interested in a fun, other-worldly read, drop by, buckle-up and take a ride!

Jimmer

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/jimmerer/BX_COVER_32_VSM_zpse82mdfua.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017JBNNYM?*Version*=1&*entries*=0)

The One
5th November 2015, 13:35
That is awesome Jimmer and a big congratulations from me on this

I will be certainly going over getting it and $0.99. wow that is cheap

well done buudy :thup:

jimmer
5th November 2015, 13:39
Let me know what you think, malc.

I wonder if you'll see yourself on the Acknowledgements page? hmmm.

(after your read, leave review at the Kindle page, por favor : )

The One
5th November 2015, 13:42
Let me know what you think, malc.

I wonder if you'll see yourself on the Acknowledgements page? hmmm.

(after your read, leave review at the Kindle page, por favor : )

Will do :chrs:

reno
5th November 2015, 14:39
What great news Jimmer ! First my Big Respect and second this is on my list for next 3 month !Congratulations :congratulations:and :thup:

jimmer
5th November 2015, 14:50
After a year of writing, months of edits and re-writes and working with an expert e-book formatter,
I'm bushed. I hope everyone enjoys this labor (of love : )

Frances
5th November 2015, 15:16
Congratulations Jimmer, exciting times.
We hope your book does realy well, you deserve the recognition for the effort you have put into the book.

There has been no shortage of material on TOT. ('~')
Frances.

Dreamtimer
5th November 2015, 16:24
I think that's fantastic jimmer. Congratulations.

Elen
5th November 2015, 16:30
Kudos to you, Jimmer, I can only imagine what that was like.

:D:tiphat::h5:

Elen

jimmer
5th November 2015, 16:31
it all started out so innocently.

I can't believe it's done.

hope those curious ones out there take a chance on it. (and leave a review : )

jimmer
5th November 2015, 16:40
and it all started here at TOT, as a fun thing to do.
it was originated as a screenplay.

if you're really curious, you can take a peek at the early development.

this is just a shell.
in the end, the story morphed into something larger and more involved.

click here to see the last 'edit' done at TOT before getting serious with a Word doc. format... (http://jandeane81.com/threads/317-Sasquatch-Vocalizations-3-0?p=24126&highlight=terry+krantz#post24126)

or, wait until you've read it and compare your ebook experience to its sketchy beginnings.
your choice ; )

sandancer
5th November 2015, 17:07
Congratulations jimmer , this must be a work of love !

That's my weekend reading sorted .

Can this be my claim to fame , through TOT I know an author :eyebrows:

jimmer
5th November 2015, 17:17
Congratulations jimmer , this must be a work of love !

That's my weekend reading sorted .

Can this be my claim to fame , through TOT I know an author :eyebrows:

please make that, 'embarking author.'

if there's any interest, I have two other stories / themes, but we'll see how this one goes...

Greenbarry
6th November 2015, 01:49
really cool.. but to answer your question to hook us in..
Yes.
have i? not yet lol..
but i would probably be just like you on getting it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

jimmer
6th November 2015, 16:40
how insensitive of me!

here's the UK Kindle page if you'd like to take a peek.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017JBNNYM?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

jimmer
7th November 2015, 15:20
update:

Time Box breaks into the top 100 Young Adult category.

considering the vast sea of e-book content at Amazon Kindle, I think that's pretty good. (of course, what do I know ; )

#97 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel

The One
7th November 2015, 16:19
update:

Time Box breaks into the top 100 Young Adult category.

considering the vast sea of e-book content at Amazon Kindle, I think that's pretty good. (of course, what do I know ; )

#97 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel

Well i have already downloaded it buddy but wont get chance to read it until next week and i cant wait.I will certainly be writing my awesome review buddy

jimmer
7th November 2015, 16:32
Well i have already downloaded it buddy but wont get chance to read it until next week and i cant wait.I will certainly be writing my awesome review buddy

if you have the time, after you've read it, would you post your review here as well?
thanks again, malc.

The One
7th November 2015, 16:39
if you have the time, after you've read it, would you post your review here as well?
thanks again, malc.

It will be my pleasure jimmer :chrs:

jonsnow
7th November 2015, 19:22
well done jimmer for following your dream and writing a book if I may suggest get pat hotlist to review your book link below :congratulations:
he prefers books to have a publisher he does not like self published novels but it might be worth a email

http://fantasyhotlist.blogspot.ie/

jimmer
7th November 2015, 19:45
well thank you, jonsnow.

and thanks for the tip.

I'll look into it...

jimmer
8th November 2015, 15:14
Time Box is moving on up in the UK:

#82 in Kindle Store > Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel

by the way, the book's primary reader category is adult, although, for some reason, it's displayed as young adult.
I've discussed this with Kindle and even they aren't sure the cause.

which is okay, I guess. Time Box was written for all ages.

jimmer
11th November 2015, 14:07
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/jimmerer/BX_COVER_32_VSM2_zpsj5efojgl.jpg

Since first things are always first, here’s a big thank you to those who have purchased a copy of the book, Time Box.
I hope you all find this twisted tale a fun read.

Now good friends and neighbors, I’d like to provide an incentive for more of you to discover the book’s adventures.
I’ve figured out a way to deliver on the promise of providing Time Box for no cost.
The book is now exclusively available at Amazon Kindle. (yes, I have buckled : )
Doing so allows a FREE download for a promotional period covering 5 days: this Thursday-Monday, Nov.12-16. (PST, USA)
After that, the original $0.99 price will resume.
So to make it official, you and yours are invited to get a free ebook copy of the book.
On the same page download a Kindle e-reader, if you need one.
If you are not ebook savvy, this is your best chance to try it out.
The Kindle app versions include a desktop reader, if you’re like me and don’t own a smart device.
Kindly, as a soft form of payment when you’re finished and have a few minutes, please leave a review and your rating.

So, come one, come all TOTers, to see what all the fuss is about:
this rambling tale of curiosity, courage, discovery, and perseverance, plus lots of other hairy stuff.
Feel free to give the link a click and check it out.

UK

USA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017JBNNYM?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

TimeSensitive
12th November 2015, 10:50
As an avid reader of all things incredible, I find your work catches the reader right away and holds their attention for many fantastical hours. Such a professional job jimmer. I thought I saw the hairs move more than once. :holysheep:

jimmer
12th November 2015, 12:55
TS, I'm so glad you enjoyed the ride, as bumpy as it is.
Now, using one of above links, would you take a moment to plant your review and rating at Amazon KIndle?
That would really make my day.
Thanks again for your attention and kind words.

Lastly, but not least, today kicks-off the free promotion.
I welcome all TOT friends and neighbors to grab a copy and see what the fuss is about.

jimmer
13th November 2015, 14:05
a big thanks to those who are or plan to give, Time Box, a try.
you are making a difference and I thank you.
your comments, reviews and rating on the Kindle page would be most appreciated.

US
#12 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel

UK
#5 in Kindle Store > Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel

Windancer
16th November 2015, 14:14
Good for You! Plan on getting it one of these days.
Have thought about writing a small book a couple of times...
Because my eyes are so bad and some of the silly things I do...my family howling at the process or results and a subject that may not go over but like a turd in a punch bowl, being titled something like..."Being Hit upon by Amish"; Both being comical in nature.
Course, this may be comical in my own little mind....teeheehee.
Congrats to YOU!

jimmer
16th November 2015, 14:32
windancer,

we all have stories rattling inside our heads.

the tough part if getting motivated for a sustained period.
it took a year and half to get it out of my head.

make your notes. lay it out. create your story's arc.

and when the moment strikes, be prepared and just get into it.

as for my tome, it's still a free download for the rest of today, monday, until midnight (pacific time, USA).
after that, back to the 0.99 price.

I'd love for you to give it a shot and perhaps help motivate you...

jimmer
3rd December 2015, 15:05
The first review is in:

Time Box, by Jimmer Hardy, brings an enjoyably, unique cast of characters whose lives become forever changed as legend meets reality.
A profound discovery, unraveling millions of years of evolution, has the potential to set mankind in a new direction.
This is one bouncy, fun ride.
The author’s cinematic writing style repeatedly delivers dense, mindful, and colorful imagery
(albeit, 'cryptid-ally' written), revealing answers to some of the greatest secrets of our forgotten past…all found within the darkest corners of the Time Box.
After reaching out from a netherworld, the crazy events leading to contact with the human race will have the reader repeating the words, “Hold on tight!"

This book’s well written, timeless message is eloquently captured, with a climactic ending I didn’t see coming.
I would like to recommend this novel for all ages, and for all levels of curiosity as a most enjoyable and thought provoking read.
I will definitely be seeking other works from this author.

Sincerely,
David (Florida)

When you have a few, I'd really appreciate if those TOTers who downloaded a free copy would lend your voice, review and rating.
My thanks, in advance.

Here's the link to drop by with your review.

USA

UK

jimmer
31st December 2015, 16:24
A important message from the entire editorial staff of the Kindle e-book, Time Box:

To all our TOT friends,
please have an interesting, fun and ultra hairy 2016.

The latest 5-star review is in, this time from
accomplished author and editor, Cate Hogan.

Rich in Detail and Depth
By Cate Hogan on December 30, 2015
I'm always drawn to books that are written by authors who have a masterful grasp of their chosen topic.
I love detail, and layers of information; stories that dig far beneath the surface.
This novel takes us right back to some of the key questions faced by humanity,
within a fictitious framework that keeps the exploration fast-paced and intriguing.
I enjoyed it and highly recommend.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/jimmerer/HAPPYNEWYEAR_HAT2_zpsc5nhf8rx.jpg

Dumpster Diver
31st December 2015, 17:35
Cool, I'll download this weekend.

And, to answer the original Q, I have a concept I'm working on, but not sure it's worth the time as I'm sure my writing is dorkier than yours. But you seem to be doing swimmingly, congrats!

jimmer
31st December 2015, 17:53
Cool, I'll download this weekend.

And, to answer the original Q, I have a concept I'm working on, but not sure it's worth the time as I'm sure my writing is dorkier than yours. But you seem to be doing swimmingly, congrats!

Those are really kind thoughts, DD.
As for your personal writing style: find your voice through the amalgam of authors you like to read, mashed with your inner voice.
if you're passionate about the subject, write it and then hire a good editor. the process can be fun, informative and fruitful.
work in word.
if you're ever interested, PM me some time and I'm share my talented editor with you.

Thanks again and I hope you have a fun ride with it.

(once you've reached the book's destination, kindly leave a review and rating on the Kindle page.
it's the only way independent works like this can hope to breakout.)

Dumpster Diver
31st December 2015, 18:04
Umm, I do have an editor, or at least a person who is in the writing biz. My real problem is, boiling all the junk down into a smooth concept. Right now it's like 12 disparate forum threads all evolving at the same time. Maybe I'm not a writer.

Thanks for the kind offer, tho.