PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Kill of the Day2: Ancient Aliens Debunked

jimmer
19th October 2015, 23:37
here's one for a rainy day:

over 3 hours of Ancient Aliens debunking.

as it's been said: "I don't know the question, but I'm pretty sure the answer is...Ancient Aliens."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Ancient Aliens Debunked is a 3 hour refutation of the theories proposed on the History Channel series Ancient Aliens. It is essentially a point by point critique of the "ancient astronaut theory" which has been proposed by people like Erich von Däniken and Zecharia Sitchin as well as many others.

The film covers topics like:
Ancient building sites: Puma Punku, The Pyramids, Baalbek, Incan sites, And Easter Island. Ancient artifacts: Pacal's rocket, the Nazca lines, the Tolima "fighter jets", the Egyptian "light bulb", Ufo's in ancient art, and the crystal skulls. Ancient text issues: Ezekiel's wheel, Ancient nuclear warfare, Vimana's, the Anunnaki, and the Nephilim.

All the claims are sourced at the website: http://ancientaliensdebunked.com

It was produced by Chris White and includes commentary from Dr. Michael Hesier.

bsbray
20th October 2015, 00:29
Let me guess what their explanations for the Pyramids of Egypt, Pumapunku, Baalbek, Easter Island and other ancient sites are: the same outdated theories that have been in textbooks since the 1800's? Slaves, pulleys, bronze tools for mining granite...

I'm sure there is lots of erroneous information in the Ancient Aliens series, but there is no way I'm going to sit through 3 hours of people defending outdated theories. :fpalm:

Thanks for posting this anyway Jimmer.

Jengelen
22nd October 2015, 21:06
There are always ways to chop things up. Still tho, the finds known about in Egypt are much deeper in the ground than the current theories explain in Egyptology.

Did you know that metals and where they are mined from geographically can be identified? Yes and most of the copper that fueled the bronze age was mined in Michigan USA! This copper, the chief ingredient in bronze was mined circa 3000 BC and more than 500,000 tons of copper was pulled out of those very old very deep mines in the upper peninsula of Michigan USA today! The largest mine, the one on lake Isle Royale in Lake Superior very close to the Canada border still yields thousands of finds in the way of trinkets and copper pits all dug thousands of years ago.

Native American Indians didn't use bronze during this time. In fact they didn't get into it until white men came. Before this and not just before but long before in ancient times some 10,000 or more men mined in Michigan for over 1000 years! Today modern spectographic analysis can reveal where the pure copper found in most of these bronze age items came from and it appears the mines of Solomon the great king have been found and were in what is today Michigan.

Is it coincidence that when Europe went into a big recession and dark ages about 1200 BC that all mining activity stopped? I think not. It didn't start up again until much later and even then they never mined near what came out in ancient times. Miners left their tools in the pits and all left at once! Anasazi all left at the same time at once leaving food on the grills and plates out the same way and around the same time! So today there is not one mine there that was not opened only to be found to have been mined at some point in the prehistoric past! This included finding mines that did not show any signs on the surface that copper ore would be found there. Yet they found it!

Someone at ancient times found it and knew not just how to mine but how to then transport that ore by ship probably over the ocean proving there was indeed transatlantic travel even back then but of course this does not fit in the model they wish to portray! If there was no transoceanic highway it is quite remarkable to many that both continents completely independent of the other at the same time began mining copper to use in bronze production with tin and at the same time copper mining and tin production to produce bronze stopped on one continent it also stopped on the other! Some coincidence.

The meso American Indians tell about a legend of the ancient mines. They described the mines as being mined by 'light skinned men' who were able to identify each mine and its contents by throwing some magic rocks or stones on the ground! When they hit and ore was there supposedly the ground rang like a bell! If not it thudded dull like for sound.

Those studying Aztalan which was a major hub of activity near the mines say the miners were European Welsh individuals! He based this on the types of tools left that were never in use by locals but found frequently in Europe! Also, he based it on the fact that depictions show these light skinned men with full beards, something Natives do not grow! A one foot tall statue of a white man was found and this white man had a full beard and this was found very very deep in a very old mine long ago closed. By the way, in 1922 they found harbors and piers in lake Superior that give the same dates and give a pretty good idea of the size of the ships docking there. These were big ships!