PDA

View Full Version : DMT The Spirit Molecule full length

The One
3rd October 2013, 19:51
The Spirit Molecule investigates dimethyltryptamine (DMT), an endogenous psychoactive compound, which exists in humans and numerous species of plants and animals. The documentary traces Dr. Rick Strassman's government-sanctioned, human DMT research and its many trials, tribulations, and inconceivable realizations. A closer examination of DMT's effects through the lens of two traditionally opposed concepts, science and spirituality, The Spirit Molecule explores the connections between cutting-edge neuroscience, quantum physics, and human spirituality. Strassman's research, and the experiences of the human test subjects before, during, and after the intense clinical trials, raises many intriguing questions. A variety of experts voice their unique thoughts and experiences with DMT within their respective fields. As Strassman's story unfolds, the contributors weigh in on his remarkable theories, including the synthesis of DMT in our brain's pineal gland, its link to near-death & alien-abduction experiences, the history/future of psychedelics, and the uncanny likeness to ancient religious texts describing prophets with DMT-like experiences. Additionally, the intriguing similarities to the "many-worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics lead to other fascinating discoveries. The experts offer a comprehensive collection of information, opinions, and speculation to help understand the nature of the DMT experience, and its role in human culture and the life force of our planet. Due to the profound nature, and visual phantasmagoria, of the DMT experience, the visual landscape of the film features stunning visualizations from Scott Draves (Electric Sheep), as well as a cutting-edge motion graphics, which demonstrate DMT's conceptual link to human evolution, construction of the universe, advanced neuroscience, and other alluring theories. Finally, stylized scenes reminiscent of Rod Sterling's famous Twilight Zone bookends, Joe Rogan (actor/comedian) serves as tour guide, helping navigate the expansive realms of Strassman's DMT universe. Dimethyltryptamine: a simple molecule with enormous implications. The Spirit Molecule's subtle combination of science, spirituality, and philosophy results in an abundance of incredible ideas and theories that could alter the way we understand the universe and our relationship to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewdWBHh8hY8

Highland1
6th March 2015, 10:13
Just wanted to revive this thread because there has been very little impetus exploring the effects dmt have on the individual given its the exploration of our inner consciousness?

Might I ask if there are any members here who have had the dmt experience ( not Ayahuasca ) , and if so, would you care to share your experience?

I realise this is similar to the Ayahuasca experience but only lasts for around 15 minutes as opposed to a long Ayahuasca trip, never the less has the similar profound effects.

I have met only one individual who has done dmt and this person claims it has changed his life for the better, opening up new worlds of possibility enhanced by the overwhelming feeling of love and

oneness of the universe.

I am personally at the stage of wanting to explore this experience ( being no stranger to psychedelics in the past ) and if the mods see fit, allow us to share knowledge on this very subject?

If there really is a war on consciousness, then I am prepared to go much deeper within myself to connect with the source that is me.

There are many vids on you tube, some very informative and some not so, but here is an 8 minute clip of a female neuroscientist discussing her first time experience with dmt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqtvuzcL84M

thank you kindly

Russ

monk
6th March 2015, 10:18
It can be either an intensely scary, or intensely revelatory experience, either way I personally would advise achieving spiritual advancement through the putting in of good old fashioned hard meditative work as oppose to "popping a pill", or with DMT's case smoking a crystal in a crack pipe. The Ayahuasca bark/leaf chacruna method is very good however it makes you sick a LOT that's why they call it the purge!

I would advise people visit South America if they want the All-natural Method as the shaman knows best!

Highland1
6th March 2015, 10:51
Thank you monk, however the mind controlled part of me agrees with you, but the explorer in me differs....
Not that I would recommend others to try dmt in case they face their demons and have a bad trip.
I would be looking to discover from those who have had a positive dmt experience to help map out this relatively unexplored topic?

regards

Russ

Altaira
6th March 2015, 12:38
Last year I attended a conference on spiritual exploration. The speakers there were well known names one of them was William Buhlman. There was a Q&A session at the end and a lady asked about DMT and whether it is a good idea to use it if you feel stuck in your spiritual exploration. All five of the speakers there said one thing "If you rely on crouches you will need them and you will need to learn to become independent one day. When you get to the other side there is no crouches, then you will need to learn the whole thing again. What is the point then? You better learn it now even if it takes longer."

Highland1
6th March 2015, 14:37
Last year I attended a conference on spiritual exploration. The speakers there were well known names one of them was William Buhlman. There was a Q&A session at the end and a lady asked about DMT and whether it is a good idea to use it if you feel stuck in your spiritual exploration. All five of the speakers there said one thing "If you rely on crouches you will need them and you will need to learn to become independent one day. When you get to the other side there is no crouches, then you will need to learn the whole thing again. What is the point then? You better learn it now even if it takes longer."

Thank you Altaira,
however all five speakers are preaching from the same book given their answers are all the same?
I am not sure I like their definition of "relying on crouches" is sych a wise thing to say either as many people rely on crouches just to get through a single day.
So I do not believe the blind or disabled are at a spiritual disadvantage for example.
Lets face it, most people are blind to what goes on in their external world and many spiritual teacher's have directed for one to look within before bettering the outside world.
We are all empowered to be shamans should we so wish so that one can determine ones internal truth before accommodating another's belief system.
I guess I am suggesting that after thousands of years of trying to learn spiritual wisdom from others, we are no nearer to discovering the truth by absorbing what comes to us externally from others.
The key thing for me, is that literally all dmt users have exclaimed they have experienced the powerful oneness of all things and have at the same time declared a feeling of complete love at the same time.
Perhaps the keys to the gates of freedom actually does mean popping a pill to escape the paradigm of mind control to break free of the false reality we already exist in?
After all, our brain already produces dmt naturally, so what is to say that the elite have not already suppressed the natural flow of dmt to prevent us from gaining knowledge of our sovereignity?

Russ

Altaira
6th March 2015, 16:29
We are all on a different paths Russ ane we need different types of experience. What I said doesn't come from a narrow minded people but from individuals who had a lot more experience than myself, in different areas including shamanism. This resonates with me and my experience so far tells me that it is true, that's why I wanted to share it. However I don't expect anyone to agree with me, neither want to say it is true. I might change my opinion as I grow but this is what I think now.

ronin
6th March 2015, 21:06
i hear it finds you.you do not find it!
there is a reason it is is not a popular street drug and only a few discover it.
that,s my opinion.

Highland1
6th March 2015, 22:47
i hear it finds you.you do not find it!

Just like cats......and I love cats. lol

Russ

That Guy
8th March 2015, 13:18
Loved it, did it, like I did shrooms, ayahuasca and iboga, totally different experiences though, and I have no patience at all with people who say that there is only one way, through hard meditative work and contemplation, these compounds just grow here and we as a species were bound to bump into them sooner or later, if you have not experienced it you simply do not know what you are talking about when you reject it, If the highway is there and there is no speed limit and your mode of transport is up for the task, why not take that road, however, this stuff is not for everyone, like meditation isn't for everyone either. They can supplement each other quite well as a matter of fact, if you think it might be your cup of tea, have a cup, if not stay away from it and have a coffee or whatever floats your boat.

Great docu, it has been a while since I watched it but I enjoyed it very much.

ronin
3rd April 2015, 13:19
interesting perspective..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=230&v=iMgJTz2vQqk

my only question would be...
if fluoride is meant to calcify the pineal gland and it has only been around for lets say 60 years in our water.
then surely before that time when fluoride was introduced many people would have had a active pineal gland!

ERK
3rd April 2015, 16:16
x

ronin
3rd April 2015, 16:22
chaga or changa?
i believe changa is a mixture of different plants,of which would not give you a dmt experience but a experience of those mixed plants.
to create changa you mix and match what you feel and experiment with the effects until you find the right balance for yourself.

dmt holds no bounderies as it will feel it,s way around you then give you what you need to examine yourself.

ERK
3rd April 2015, 16:26
x