PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Technology – The Most Advanced Technology we know – Rediscovered in modern times

The One
30th August 2015, 11:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=448&v=P0OOYtAfcFs

We know that people of the middle ages and earlier had the ability to coat materials with thin films of metal like gold and silver. In fact, their methods functioned even better than the ones we use today. We still haven’t caught up to the middle ages. But it gets better: the Iron Pillar is a column in the Qutb Complex of Delhi. It was built around A.D. 400 and enjoys thoroughly mocking archaeologists and metallurgists, because it’s 1,600 years old and it has not corroded yet. Compare that to your 1994 Ford Festiva and you might start to see what an accomplishment that truly is.

Studies of the Iron Pillar show that its composition is unusually high in phosphorous, which seems to have shielded the metal underneath from the ravages of nature. It basically nurtures a thin film of harmless rust that gets metallic Stockholm Syndrome and fights off deeper, more damaging rust. That’s not an accident: earlier iron works are lacking that phosphorous, while several later structures were forged in the same fashion.

That’s right: ancient Indians bought the undercoating, and it’s still paying off millennia later.

If you’re looking for evidence that time travel exists, you really can’t do better than Heron of Alexandria (“Hero,” if you’re nasty). We’ve mentioned before that he was responsible for the first steam engine, as well as automatic doors, and even a robot show back in the first century — but those weren’t even his most impressive feats. Researchers now credit him for the first goddamn programmable robot.

It might seem silly to call what Hero (we’re apparently nasty) built a “robot,” considering it was a wooden three-wheeled cart powered by string instead of electricity. But using a system of timed weights and pulleys, the thing could move by itself, turn corners, and hopefully sass nearby humans. Despite its crudeness, computer scientists say that this is basically the way that all robots operate. It’s just Hero’s “strings of code” were literal strings. They even built one to show that it works and wasn’t just the product of Hero’s fevered imagination

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/343420/images/Ancient%20tech%205.jpg

Dreamtimer
30th August 2015, 11:45
"..metallic Stockholm Syndrome" What a great phrase.

The thing about strings reminded me of what Charles C. Mann talked about in 1493 (or maybe 1491). The Inca's had very advanced textile skills and were experts with strings and had very complicated system of encoding information that they expressed with strings. I can't recall the details at the moment.

Elen
30th August 2015, 13:52
Consistent coverups. Thanks for posting, Malc. It's obvious that we have to do the research ourselves. I too believe that we will find truth in our ancient past, the very history that't been covered up all over the world.

I want to thank you personally for providing a platform to look into it here on the TOT forum.

Elen

lcam88
31st August 2015, 13:57
Intellectuals don't like questions that aren't pre-casted from their molds. It goes to say that an intellectual cannot be presumed to seek truth; their aim is academia first and foremost.

Dreamtimer
31st August 2015, 14:33
lcam88, I sure wish that wasn't true. Such a shame that people who love their work can't truly expand and explore due to these constraints and others. My son is heading in the direction of doing scientific research. I hope he can manage to find a group that allows for open exploration.

lcam88
31st August 2015, 15:19
Me too, Dreamtimer, I wish it isn't true too.

Best of luck for your son; I don't know of any career or area of professional practice that is free of some type of regulation/control. Perhaps that is just the way it is.

Perhaps the desire to explore the unknown is diminished as an individual approaches the end of a career in sciences and the idea of preserving a legacy for posterity causes a type of "protectionism" I'm calling "academia". Indeed someone looking forward to retirement isn't going to want his lives work (investment) put into contention, much less the reputation of the professional.

The nature of scientific theory contains a subset [overlaps] of the nature of belief, if you where to look at a venn diagram depiction of the two; there is always the uncertainty about whether a theory is indeed correct.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/qxSR-CAtR7YBgxytcOd6Xn37p5ssRGtEgZ-DWw_AlV9hxVsSiRTlPX_4qTUhXHYeABCe87_sdfYGTbQ=w1256-h538

I think science goes to some significant length to protect its treasured theories, even if they are known to be flawed, by suppressing questions. That is the politics of science.