PDA

View Full Version : Waking Times article - 51 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening

idigress
26th August 2015, 06:00
51 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening - How Many Do You Have? : Waking Times

51 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening - How Many Do You Have?
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/03/21/51-symptoms-of-spiritual-awakening-how-many-do-you-have/

Interesting read, a number of them resonate with me ;)

Could what I'm experiencing be completely unremarkable? Certainly. Although I'm quite content to think otherwise ;)

lcam88
26th August 2015, 19:04
There are exercises you can perform to increase synchronisity between the two halves of your brain. Performing more tasks with you weak hand (or foot) being the one that comes to mind. The goal being that you could perform common tasks with either hand (or foot). Sports are good activities just as are the more common one.

Da Vinci type perfection of being able to write with mirror image quality with both hands is an interesting contemplation to me. For now I practice kicking a ball with either foot, or throwing and catching a ball with either hand. Playing billiards using the weak arm, throwing a ball from one hand to the other. Even performing two different unrelated tasks in each hand...

I also associate the right side of the brain with intuition. Fundamentally, to develop that, we need to practice disengaging the constant habit of meddling with things in our midst that our conscious mind feel inclined to be doing. This is a type of meditation, in a way, in that we put aside the feeling of that personal need to "control" and permit ourselves to live more moments without the obligations of having to make as many conscious choices as we otherwise would make. This type of exercise permits the intuitive right-minded self to find the more interesting coincidences that otherwise could be missed. Talking to strangers for example, should be done if you feel like it.

EDIT

Since we normally make conscious choices based on our preferences, mood and personal preconceptions, many of these choices, even though they may appear to be conscious are actually habitual or behavioral based on how we perceive things and on how much we have liked our experiences. In that sense, even though they may be conscious choices, they are also programmed choices that confine our experiences in a way.

idigress
26th August 2015, 21:20
There are exercises you can perform to increase synchronisity between the two halves of your brain. Performing more tasks with you weak hand (or foot) being the one that comes to mind. The goal being that you could perform common tasks with either hand (or foot). Sports are good activities just as are the more common one.

Da Vinci type perfection of being able to write with mirror image quality with both hands is an interesting contemplation to me. For now I practice kicking a ball with either foot, or throwing and catching a ball with either hand. Playing billiards using the weak arm, throwing a ball from one hand to the other. Even performing two different unrelated tasks in each hand...

Thanks Icam88, I will try performing some tasks with my non-dominate hand. Have some really intricate printouts of mandalas to color...should be challenging ;)