PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Yoga on Perspective

Isostool
25th July 2015, 06:34
nope

bsbray
25th July 2015, 06:46
I was having a conversation with my girlfriend along these lines earlier tonight, in regards to how "reality" and dreaming have so much in common.

Check out this article:

Reality doesn’t exist until we measure it, quantum experiment confirms

Australian scientists have recreated a famous experiment and confirmed quantum physics's bizarre predictions about the nature of reality, by proving that reality doesn't actually exist until we measure it - at least, not on the very small scale.

http://www.sciencealert.com/reality-doesn-t-exist-until-we-measure-it-quantum-experiment-confirms

If you were having a lucid dream and observed the very small "matter" making up your dream, you'd come to the same conclusion. You could see things as tiny as you please in your dream, but none of it is really going to exist until you start looking for it, and then you're just making it all up as you go along.

This may not translate exactly the same into this collective experience we seem to be having, or a "shared dream" if you will, but I think there are enough parallels to make dreams an important metaphor to consider in terms of how this physical experience works.

Ultimately we all come from the same source, and that source never actually "went" anywhere. We're still all within it. I just can't shake that idea off. It seems inescapable, that whatever the universe is made out of, there is some consistency. Even materialistic science recognizes this with things like the "big bang" (everything explodes from a single point), or the elusive "unified field theory" (all forces are the expression of a single underlying force). So what is the difference between you and me except some kind of elaborate illusion? Or between anyone or anything and the rest of the universe?

Aianawa
28th July 2015, 05:58
My first thought was, when you widen time, widening the now.