PDA

View Full Version : How do we heal?

Jengelen
5th July 2015, 13:41
Humans do not yet know it as widespread as they once did I don't believe. We have forgotten so much from in past times but all illness is self created. We do this to ourselves. We have done this to ourselves to learn through it in most cases or some need it in various ways to shape the character they are to become. The body is always like the mind in that it is constantly responding to the all the thoughts and impressions you place into your being daily. Some of these can indeed cause injury sustained by our lack of monitoring our reactions to various stimuli. We hurt ourselves daily with our minds and our imaginations. Yes indeed, we bruise our own psyches all the time!

From this day forward be aware of the damages you cause to yourself and your own psyche by your reactions and emotions. When we behave with our reactive mind not realizing that in fact all reactions are choices we leave ourselves open to injury or shock from the sudden damages daily to our psyche. No one else is responsible for a lot of this damage. We carry on in our own minds after these so much that often times the damages come later. These immediately and each time accumulate and radiate outward manifesting as real symptoms in our vessels, yes in our bodies! It is our own psyche and worry stress, anxiety and so on that causes many of these illnesses both great and small. Of course we don't always trace it to this do we? But once you weaken yourself you see, you then open that door for other things. Follow me closely here because this is very important information.

Sheryl Crow is a good example as she was diagnosed with cancer of the breast right after her break up with her jock boyfriend the bike rider, Lance Armstrong. This shock to her psyche from the emotional break up is what made her ill and the cancer is the body’s reaction to this damage to her psyche going straight to what? Her mothering security issues radiated out to what? Her breasts of course!

If you look, some of you P.H.D. holders reading here and I know you do, you will note not just a random coincidental link here to breast cancer in women as most women that get this type of cancer have most always just gone through a shock in their relationship with a threat to their motherhood and/or security because their significant other has flown the coup, cheated or otherwise shocked her into damaging herself with her own reactions!

Modern medicine simply does not understand that this reaction was first seen in the psyche leaving tells of this injury visible in any brain scan from the initial shock.

Further these self induced or more appropriately named self allowed injuries to our psyches is why we are here so that we may learn and grow and in return allow God, the one to both learn and grow with us as the waking consciousness of god awareness. We do not have to get so excited. We can behave more like the masters do if we chose to. Look at the masters. They walk the even keel emotionally, and they do not suppress, they simply control and dictate duration and burst just as I have witnessed.

I truly believe that had Sheryl as well as others in her shoes finding themselves falling victim to their own reactive minds, been properly versed in self control and meditations, breathing exercises and this discipline of monitoring your own inner thought processes to help them learn to observe in life as opposed to react and so badly they damage themselves, well they would float through life as a feather rides the wind wouldn't they!? This as opposed to stumbling through life as a boulder tumbling down a mountainside out of control with nothing but reactive mind and the bouncing off everyone else to get through each day. How many live this way just as the rock as it bounds and bounces back and forth until it all ends when you hit rock bottom so to speak. The damage could have been averted it could have been caught and that reactive mind, stopped, at the least calmed, soothed before it did all the self inflicting damage from continued weakening.

So is it possible she may have never gotten cancer at all? Perhaps, but then again perhaps the cancer was another of those things needed, you know, to help form that character. Would Michael J. Fox be the amazing man that he is without his burden? The question isn't about positive or negative. Its about the mastery of life, learning to sail with the vessel that you have at your disposal and some sail through the stormiest seas one can imagine with such ease and grace don't they? Yes, but in the end it is all about the way it is perceived by them isn't it. Its all about the mind, and ultimately what is accepted by the observer that determines the outcome of how that energy, that light that is what we are all about grows.

Energy is real. Your life energy is real and the thought energy has real effects on your psyche which then has outward expressions also very real and manifested in your brain and body. This real energy, this real awareness and self realization of events and experiences can manifest as real events in daily life and in humans even as real events in the mind causing the body to react from those strong visual images.

Worry patterns of thought over long periods of time will in fact make you ill because you damage yourself with this worry. Protecting your psyche daily by controlling reactions through adopting an ‘observer’ attitude rather than reactive attitude through life should be your primary goal. Why do you think people that get diagnosed with cancer die so quickly after this news is given to them? Is it the cancer? Really?

Do you actually believe this? You know in your heart that what kills them is their own diagnosis shock from the news. What made them sick before this was the conflict or shock or both to their system through the damage first in the psyche then in the body. Heal the psyche, protect it daily and you will be the healthiest person you know. The mind is a very powerful tool and if you are sick or ill you have been using it wrong.

Learn to use your powerful mind correctly and like others you will not even be able to remember the last time you were ill at all.

When you drag yourself down or allow yourself to be weakened this is akin to opening the garage door for these other events to make one sick. A healthy mind, body and spirit together does not know illness.

Einstein proved that all things largest to smallest are made up of atoms which are made up of energy and in fact are energy! Each energy, each life, each particle animate or inanimate has a frequency that is predominant and radiates outward from the source. Each color, each thought each stress has a frequency all their own. Others have said and proved quite convincingly that solar flares spit out vast amounts of water and that ionized water vapor, collagen and chitin make up the fabric of the universe connecting us all!

These negative stress frequencies are what take their toll on the body, and radiate from all of out into this connecting tissue linking all of us. These things contribute to all come together to create the world we live in. Many if not all of these are self induced by the collective mass affecting this connective tissue. We speak to each other yet don't hear, we feel each others pain without realizing its collective pain. We must monitor at this time in particular more than any other my dear friends. Our minds are indeed in jeopardy! Do not let your imaginations run away with you and damage you by self created, self allowed energies. These energies have always existed. Focus on them is the problem. Focus on the energies or discernment and remembering the effects that come by patterns of thought. The daily thought routines, self dialogue and habits are also being affected by these new energies and many are saying they suddenly feel other impulses. I suggest its that connecting again. We feel each other making the change. We now need to keep track so we don't get off on the wrong way here.

Physical illness develops from long held emotional trauma. Remember, these stresses and emotional traumas are as wave form patterns of energy with their own frequency. When others are promoting and you accept their wrong action this waves out as a friction not just within yourself but outward around you also even if you don't realize it.

Since all things are energy these energy frequencies can be affected and even interrupted by allowing energies in yourself from your own thoughts and intentions to flow into these other energies and balance them out by affecting them or simply interfere so badly with the others that at times you may note they move a distance away once you come in right? Then you wonder what? But its that energy around you from the vibe at that moment. Examples would be easy, a husband and wife and the wife obviously and I mean quite obviously from across the room even is angry as hell at the husband okay? Everyone sees it, reads it but its unconscious like all this and that is the danger. This danger is going on under the conscious perception of most. You have to be on the look out for damaging energies. .

This such that things return to normal in the body of those affected with disease or illness, twinges and gripes because now they are practicing a calm, a walking more in the middle not suppressing by any means but being aware that the undue dwelling on these energies and hanging on to them no longer serves you they fall away. Sometimes the effects are quite profound and followed by immediate release of great emotion.

Realize that whether a person heals or not is not your fault. Healing is a non ego thing. Tuck that ego aside and don’t bring that into this picture that damages you too and just needs to be kicked out a here. There is no room for ego in healing. Healing is a mutual thing between all peoples. Some brought these illnesses they suffer from here as part of what they mapped out for themselves as experiences needed.

Others will work with you and allow healing and re-balancing to take place when those negative frequencies disrupt their planned experiences. Either way its not that you create this energy. Its already there. You allow it to free flow and balance to aid another by channeling this energy to better allow the person on the receiving end access to a new vibration of health, a new frequency of higher vibration to focus in on and hopefully keep.

By recognizing that the energy you focus as a health frequency is real that has real effects you must also realize that each stress, or anxiety has it’s own frequency and each one it’s own energy that is also very real with very real effects seen in the body. Your water is healthy and your water is 70 to 80% of you just like it is all of us. When you carry light, and when you carry love, and balance most importantly balance walking the walk that you talk that crystal structure of your being is so beautiful that it heals! It touches another by a tear falling from your cheek and hits their arm, they chill, they cry out and suddenly they feel so much better! What happened! You just helped their water crystal to instantly form as yours and in that moment 70 to 80% of them went wow! I like that and they embraced that blessing you see! The Holy Priest or the Monk walks to the water, he touches the dirty pond with his hand and a tear falls but in a few moments the entire setting changes, it becomes calm, the sun comes through, the peace and the healing come in and the water is suddenly inviting! What just happened! He helped the environment the same way you see?

The end result is that our perceptions have much to do with our health but more important than all of this is the certainty that you each must carry within you that you each have this ability! You each can do these blessings because we get what we ask for mentally. Jesus and other holy men say we all have it. We have just forgotten. Now go out and start doing what we do. We each have the ability to mold our bodies and our environment, indeed we already do that. Just look at the thought form we have created!

The fact of the matter is, our bodies are delicate and plastic instruments that readily mold to our thoughts and the impressions we leave upon it. As described they radiate outward into our body system. The body readily responds to these thoughts and impressions. Proof of this is arousal in dreams, strong visual imagery to make the body react also does this and being a two way street the mind can be used to activate the body and body through posturing and other exercise motion can be used to activate and stir the mind.

Like the body, the space too before you is not just empty space. It too reacts to the thoughts and impressions you place upon it and like the body that can be made sick with your thoughts and thought forms you create with your mind, so too can the space you live in become ill.

Change of environment is key to health therefore and something as simple as rearrangement of the furniture does much for a mood change which reflects immediately in the body system. You can make yourself ill or well its all up to the thoughts you harbor the most frequently. Change the routine of the thoughts you find yourself having.

pointessa
5th July 2015, 14:03
Jengelen, great reading!!!! Edgar Cayce coined the phrase "thoughts are things". There is so much truth to that. Our response to our life experience will most certainly manifest to disease states if emotions remain negative and particularly if they are suppressed. I can just about guarantee when I will get a cold sore, it always follows some emotional turmoil I have created for myself. And really it does come down to the frequencies that these states create. I watch my thinking really closely now. I work to stay in the moment because if I do that I don't have to spiral into negativity and ultimately a diseased state.

Liberty
7th July 2015, 19:06
Great post Jengelen,

Also, since I studied astrology for a long time, I see that transits also play a part in how and when illness may strike. It was so in my case but I was so lost in a devastating experience that illness took shape in the form of multiple sclerosis, or so the doctor said. I believe we create our experiences mostly unconsciously. It took time for me to understand this, however, and when I studied healing modalities was careful not to judge others I was in service to. If they were ready, I would introduce the concept or ask what happened in the last 18 months or so.

Sometimes a change of environment is not possible if resources are not available for that but one can accept what you cannot change and find avenues to enrich one's life through appreciating beauty in nature, gratitude for better degrees of heath and create a mindset that fosters ongoing health and healing. I feel understanding of this principle comes with time and being open to new ways to look at our life situation. Sometimes the right people show up to guide and inform us.

In any case, yes, we are responsible for sickness and healing. Thanks for the post. I am sure it will help others here.

With Warm Regards,
Liberty

lcam88
7th July 2015, 20:04
Jengelen:

Psychosomatic Illness - a term used by an author in a 1946 publication, a book claiming to be the science of the mind, that describes mentally induced illness. His claim is that up to 80% of illnesses are founded in the mind and manifest either as a direct result of mental state, or as a result of the immune system having been weakened by the mental state. There is a strong parallel between trauma suffered and health as you are suggesting.

I hope that helps.

PS. This author and the topic I raise is likely to be quite unpopular in some circles because of preconceptions probably rightfully held of people who are associated. But I don't think preconceptions are a good basis for forming proper conclusions. If anything, just the contrary. One needs to find out for themselves IMO, rather than depend on the words they hear.

Jengelen
7th July 2015, 20:24
For the record I have no interest in anything Hubbard nor did any of what I wrote above come from my reading or digesting anything in the way of his works. I have never read his books, or looked into it or the religion or felt the need to but thanks anyway. Other than this I don't know whether to thank you or not because I follow very little of what you are trying to convey here at all to be honest.

lcam88
8th July 2015, 13:52
Jengelen:

After some contemplations regarding the thesis you put forward, I'd like to quote from your OP and put forth a few questions. This issue of mind over body is important enough that contemplations are warranted, in my opinion. I will try keep away from the topic of non-interest you express above.

Learn to use your powerful mind correctly and like others you will not even be able to remember the last time you were ill at all.

I too, believe in self-empowerment, and above all, I would like to place the domain of my health as entirely within my control and will as possible.

In the case of Sheryl Crow, do you understand the breakup to have caused her illness, or did it trigger something else that caused it?

In either possible answer to the previous question, you do think that with meditation and breathing exercises, she could have corrected the "illness thought". Are you willing to expand on that idea a bit?

I truly believe that had Sheryl as well as others in her shoes finding themselves falling victim to their own reactive minds, been properly versed in self control and meditations, breathing exercises and this discipline of monitoring your own inner thought processes to help them learn to observe in life as opposed to react and so badly they damage themselves, well they would float through life as a feather rides the wind wouldn't they!? This as opposed to stumbling through life as a boulder tumbling down a mountainside out of control with nothing but reactive mind and the bouncing off everyone else to get through each day. How many live this way just as the rock as it bounds and bounces back and forth until it all ends when you hit rock bottom so to speak. The damage could have been averted it could have been caught and that reactive mind, stopped, at the least calmed, soothed before it did all the self inflicting damage from continued weakening.

That is a very rough judgement to attribute to the artist, many of us do that same thing in a much more subtle manner. Artists must live the moment as a spontaneous explosion of self upon the world to do what they do; to live at peak excitement. Living the moment is a diametrical distinction from dwelling on the past in endless contemplation of the future. No real art or creativity ever comes from the latter, only academia and strategy. You certainly aren't condemning her for being who she is, I know.

I largely like this second passage, the only problem is the solution you offer as it is for the calm and collected. And there is nothing inherently wrong with being the shameless flamboyant extrovert either. It seems you mean to suggest that she needed to find a special type of therapist and counselor to contain the self-destructive nature. Maybe a spiritual person who practices yoga who would put it upon themselves to steer the artist clear of the rocks. Is that what you had in mind?

Just one question, now that I've removed that certain context from the table, I can no longer presume to know...

What do you mean by reactive mind?

Jengelen
8th July 2015, 14:04
True there is no harm providing the mental state is set to allow it that way. The harm comes from self abuse as stated. We damage ourselves. Sure you can do whatever you want and if you do so balanced and whole you can indeed hop from one extreme to another because it is you doing it, balanced and controlled, not reactionary you see the diff? Its you moving the space instead of the space moving you. There is a big diff in control here of one's path. Harm comes from the guilty feeling, the worry this happiness can't continue and other such damage we allow. This is what I state. Do what you do baggage free. Its the only way to maintain balance of your energies instead of walking around feeding others that would control you by taking advantage of each drifting unconscious moment you go through.

Dreamtimer
8th July 2015, 14:21
That Hubbard way sure is a touchy subject. Whew. I think you've handled it well. From what I've observed, the organization is already far beyond what the man wrote about. (not qualifying that...)

I believe both in the power of the mind and in outside influences. Therefore I believe someone could contract an illness due to a microorganism and then heal using the power of the body and mind.

My own parents warned me away from the Christian Science Church because they don't go to doctors and prayer "can't heal everything" according to my parents.

I tend to believe that people should use what works best. Doctors, medicine, powers of the mind, prayer, natural energies, etc.

lcam88
8th July 2015, 14:49
Jengelen:

Reactions are a perfectly normal thing in everyday life. In fact we wouldn't be able to have a whole experience without it.

Furthermore, it is quite possible to live with day to day reactions and be completely balanced and in control. Crying is a perfectly normal reaction when you suffer a break-up, for example.

Somehow I see your clarified view of "self abuse" as a declension from the original ideas you put forth in the OP. Suddenly, voluntary choices like smoking a cigarette is too easily confused with mind induced illness like Sheryl Crow's cancer as you mentioned.

Dreamtimer:

Touchy indeed, I really thought long and hard before I decided to post. A mistake because it seems the conversation has lost direction because of it. I must say, I like the way Jengelen handled the issue too; coming out and making it clear is the best way to handle disconcerting issues indeed. No need to beat around the bush.

Overall, I dislike heuristics (rules of thumb that we establish to avoid thinking about things), they come with way too many presumptions that normally require examination anyway. I hate the idea of setting rules like "Don't mention Asimov or Walter Russell is off limits", because I have no special/personal love or religion based on any of these authors, or any other, and I certainly don't want to start giving some author special attention by creating such a rule. :)

+1 to:

I tend to believe that people should use what works best. Doctors, medicine, powers of the mind, prayer, natural energies, etc.

And one should never start to believe they already know what is best. It is worse to thinks you know, than to admit that perhaps you don't.

Jengelen
8th July 2015, 15:37
I never said you can't mention whatever. Mention whatever you like. It simply it didn't interest me. I know people that got involved in that okay. I know a lot of people and none of them are happy with their decision. So I don't speak off hand to push something away. I thought about it and the thought passed. Its just that simple. Its not touchy either. I think there is a lot of tone or attitude being read into some of my ways of posting. I assure you none is there.

Dreamtimer
8th July 2015, 15:45
Jengelen, I didn't mean you are touchy. I meant the subject is. And some people are. Not pointing any fingers.

Conversations often take side trails and then get back on track. And they come full circle.

There are many modes of healing. If I were, for example, diagnosed with cancer, I would explore all kinds of options and talk to many kinds of experts, and then make my own decision. And it may go against what my family wants. And it's my life, my responsibility, my choice.

Jengelen
8th July 2015, 16:00
Jengelen, I didn't mean you are touchy. I meant the subject is. And some people are. Not pointing any fingers.

Conversations often take side trails and then get back on track. And they come full circle.

There are many modes of healing. If I were, for example, diagnosed with cancer, I would explore all kinds of options and talk to many kinds of experts, and then make my own decision. And it may go against what my family wants. And it's my life, my responsibility, my choice.

True. I think of this too and find it interesting that the treatments often offered by doctors is not one they themselves would even take or do if they were the one with the disease. One can find numerous reports of many healings across the board regardless of treatments so I think the certainty factor and belief certainly play a lot into how things respond in the body.

I find some of the Russian videos on youtube of people they have run swords through and then xrayed while they were standing not even with more than a drop of blood and they run it clear through the guy. He stands there comfortably and they pull it out and it closes instantly and they video and xray again and he is fine. Its happened many times apparently to him. This to me is quite compelling science of the mind body connection. I think they are on to something in their research over there.

lcam88
8th July 2015, 16:48
Great. I personally don't know anyone involved, I just read the book. :shrug:

I mention the term because I happen to agree with your ideas, the the mind can manifest illness and my personal references happen to be best formed by ideas from the book. It is a concept lightly touched on in an indirect way in the placebo effect that modern medicine admits to, and since I'm not a doctor that doesn't mean as much to me; it is plagued by vagueness and actually backed by a belief in that it simply is. Many of your claims are bold; they suppose a deeper mind based cause.

Since you say you don't mind further reference, and at the risk of boring you I'll try:

The merit I see behind the idea of Psychosomatic Illness in relation to Cheryl Crow is the depths the explanation goes into:

A childhood trauma, perhaps the loss of someone who was the dominant figure and very close to Cheryl (her father or a very close big brother or uncle) who cared for her in a meaningful way, closely resembles aspects of a recent trauma suffered (loss of a boyfriend) triggering an involuntary type of irrational response in an attempt by the unconscious and subconscious to "survive" the loss in a way that happened to worked in the first traumatic loss experience. It worked in the childhood trauma because mother or someone else was there who gave aid, comfort and shelter both in the form of the care given as well as "soothing words", perhaps "mother" even aided to overcome an injury or sickness Cheryl may have had at the time.

The similarity of the dynamics of the traumas being equivalent enough to trigger the involuntary/irrational reaction "known" to have worked before, that reaction being illness. This person represents a savior or "valence with high survival value" that reacted to illnesses in the original trauma, but who is not present "to cure" in the second trauma.

=> It's important to mention that the unconscious and subconscious does not have logical capability in this model. <= It does not reason, it only matches the patterns found in the traumatic experience and then "acts" in a way it knows it has survived. It is the instinctual and pre-cognitive part of our mind that does never stops "recording". (reactive mind)

That is basically the dynamic of psychosomatic illness; a rough interpretation of how the mind will cause an illness to enhance survival according the context and meaning of the term. There are nuances that I'm avoiding just so we don't get specific vocabulary or details of the book. I can expand but only if you want. I am not quoting, it's just from memory so you others who read the book too: patience.

I like your suggestions of meditation and controlled breathing as opposed to "auditing" because it is a way one may resolve the issue by themselves. It is more self-empowering, and because it does not carry the superficial nature I feel to be present in Hubbard's work. And after reading and contemplating your original posting with where I am at present, it has become clearer to me just how superficial dianetics as a whole is, and perhaps even that it is harmful.

However, if there is some value in mentioning "psychosomatic illness", it is in that the dynamic I describe above being at least worthy of examination, and then, perhaps, that meditation and controlled breathing exercises can be further elaborated to better address the "irrational response" aspect that trauma seems to be associated with.

Do you think my reasoning is worth further consideration?

Jengelen
8th July 2015, 16:55
Do you think my reasoning is worth further consideration?

Great post. I'll shorten it for the last but excellent read for me. The consideration is certainly one worth pursuit and may even have a lot of merit. I have worked in dental/medical all my life. Retired actually after 22 years IHS (Indian Health Service which is a uniformed service, Navy Uniform, Coast Guard buttons because it is actually a branch of the Coast Guard)

Anyway, I recommend here for further reading. https://www.newmedicine.ca/overview.php

Dreamtimer
8th July 2015, 16:59
I didn't actually know that 'psychosomatic' came from dianetics. I became familiar with the term when it came into popular usage. It seems related to the idea of placebo effect which is attributed to the mind.

lcam88
8th July 2015, 17:02
I didn't actually know that 'psychosomatic' came from dianetics. I became familiar with the term when it came into popular usage. It seems related to the idea of placebo effect which is attributed to the mind.

It is where I first learned of the term anyway. It may have some prior etymology I am unaware of though.

lcam88
8th July 2015, 17:07
Great post. I'll shorten it for the last but excellent read for me. The consideration is certainly one worth pursuit and may even have a lot of merit. I have worked in dental/medical all my life. Retired actually after 22 years IHS (Indian Health Service which is a uniformed service, Navy Uniform, Coast Guard buttons because it is actually a branch of the Coast Guard)

Anyway, I recommend here for further reading. https://www.newmedicine.ca/overview.php

Thanks for the link. I've have a look. I'm especially interested in elaborations of meditation and controlled breathing.

EDIT: It seem there is a lot more programmed response than I initially contemplated!

All diseases start with a cold phase, activity of the parasympathetic nervous system predominates, the shock is a constant preoccupation, nights seem long, extremities are cold...

Smoking is known to reduce blood circulation and a cause for cold extremities especially in colder climates. In a way, working with the thesis above, smoking is like an artificial onset of disease. I can't disagree with that but, is it observable that smokers are more vulnerable to disease then non-smokers?