PDA

View Full Version : An Alternative Treatise of the so called "Law of Attraction"

Chester
20th June 2015, 22:20
This is a serious treatise... give this a chance.

k7ibcK1SVZg

RealityCreation
21st June 2015, 01:10
I like him Sam & agree with his viewpoint. Personally, I don't actually believe there is a real universal law that is called the "Law of Attraction".The "Law Of Attraction" as it was promoted in The Secret had a very limiting perspective & he shows why it didn't work for a lot of people.

There is no way that walking around saying I am abundant will work unless all your core beliefs are in alignment with that. Of course, saying & thinking "I am abundant" is a step on the path in the right direction, certainly better than walking around saying "I am poor" which will never get you there. However if you have belief patterns that you are unaware of eg "money is evil", "I don't deserve....", "my family / friends etc will resent me / impose upon me/ take advantage of me if I'm rich" then these beliefs are out of alignment with what you are trying to achieve and create a resistant flow of energy (resistance) and what is known as cognitive dissonance.

The definition of cognitive dissonance as defined by Wikipedia - "In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values."

One of the core areas that I work with my clients in is in assisting them to discover their disempowering beliefs which they are not consciously aware of and to release their emotional triggers & cognitive dissonance & really discover underneath what is the "essence" that they are really desiring.

The main emphasis of this video control vs surrender & coherence is partially where I am heading in the next post of my Heart/Heart field/Your True Power thread, hopefully when I get time today or tomorrow so this video was quite synchronous in a way.

grannyfranny
22nd June 2015, 22:58
I always called it the give me, give me law of attraction :)

Joanna
23rd June 2015, 13:26
Love it, thanks...and he delivers this message so lovingly.
RealityCreation, love what you said too. I do feel there is a 'law of attraction', but that the concept 'law' has a meaning to the ego which is about control - as all earthly 'laws' are forms of control - whereas in universal terms, a 'law' is simply a frequency, a way that energy flows. 'Attraction' is the way energies of like kind magnetize; it's happening always, mostly unconsciously, and directed by the soul - which may have a very different view of what will assist and promote growth and expansion than the ego does! ;)

Dreamtimer
23rd June 2015, 13:57
He nailed it right at the end! My first comment was gonna be about his beautiful, long hair. Nice to see. I've said this before and I'll say it again. The more men with long hair, the better. (As long as they have hair to grow and it isn't a massive comb-over).

I'm not personally very familiar with the Law of Attraction. It hasn't really 'spoken' to me. I believe that's because of 'what goes around comes around'. You want good things to come to you? Then do good things.

I'm pretty sure karma and Natural Law have it all covered.

Also, I've listened to a couple of 'guru' types talk about the Law of Attraction and it was a big turn-off.

Dreamtimer
23rd June 2015, 14:00
He nailed it right at the end! My first comment was gonna be about his beautiful, long hair. Nice to see. I've said this before and I'll say it again. The more men with long hair, the better. (As long as they have hair to grow and it isn't a massive comb-over).

I'm not personally very familiar with the Law of Attraction. It hasn't really 'spoken' to me. I believe that's because of 'what goes around comes around'. You want good things to come to you? Then do good things.

I'm pretty sure karma and Natural Law have it all covered.

Also, I've listened to a couple of 'guru' types talk about the Law of Attraction and it was a big turn-off.

I have also experienced the abundance of the pits. Not really a great attractor.

Oops! Meant to edit, not repost.

Dreamtimer
23rd June 2015, 14:27
Sam, been having some fun with JP. I like both his serious and his funny stuff. Watched the funny meditation video. Check out 6:20 when he asks to have his picture taken meditating. In the background, a fish jumps out of the water and sails about 10 feet making a big splash upon landing. That should be the meditation shot!

lcam88
23rd June 2015, 16:06

Me neither, I contemplated it a bit this morning an the only thing I could come up with: Perhaps it is the underlying reason, the genesis if you will, of the social nature that is endowed in humanity, a social nature also emerges in the animal species, lions, wolves, bees, fish and birds... The protective instinct being one facet, notably absent in reptiles, most amphibians and insects...

I don't know if the law is meant to explain water surface tension or things beyond the realm of what falls into the current definition of animal life.

Personally, I can't say anything real about the idea of karma besides it being a heuristic that tries to explain what otherwise religion would not have an answer to.