PDA

View Full Version : Weird Dream

DaRkViPeR
16th June 2015, 02:18
It is 3:20 am and I just woke up from a very weird lucid dream.

In my dream earth make contact with another civilization on another planet. We go to that planet and find that it is almost a mirror image of earth. Even the people are a mirror image of the people on earth.
On this planet the spoken language is English for the entire planet.
Their number system is the same as ours, but their written language consist of symbols wit a numbered exponent for each symbol.
On this planet it is a honor for people to die and they seek a reason to die.
They practice cannibalism by eating their dead in honor of them.

I had a lot of weird dreams in my life, but this one is disturbing to me,
Is there anyone who might be able to give the meaning of this dream?

Daozen
16th June 2015, 02:32
I don't know, but there are many parallel timelines, and apparently parallel Earths. Presbeia Protoi cover this in some depth. Merth/Orth brings some results.

There are better and worse timelines, I try and resonate with the better ones, because it draws us close to their reality. The negative ones, I try and dissolve.

Chester
16th June 2015, 03:25

In my dream earth make contact with another civilization on another planet. We go to that planet and find that it is almost a mirror image of earth. Even the people are a mirror image of the people on earth.
Their number system is the same as ours, but their written language consist of symbols wit a numbered exponent for each symbol.

All I ever recommend to folks who ask with help in dream interpretation is that you find the interpretation on your own. Desire that this be revealed to you and pay attention to what happens. That's what I do and the reality always provides me the answers I seek in this regard.

DaRkViPeR
16th June 2015, 03:49
Normally I do not remember most of my dreams and over the years I have learned that there is importance in the dreams that I do remember. For most of them I was able to find the interpretation to them on my own, but once in a while I will encounter dreams that I cannot explain.
I must add that almost always when I have trouble coming my way, I will have a dream to warn me about it.
What disturbs me about this dream is that the writing of the people in this dream consists of symbols with numbered exponents, and the fact that they find honor in dying.

lcam88
16th June 2015, 04:34
Interpretation 1: Challenging the assumptions - death is to be avoided or "escaped".

If I may be so bold as to venture another idea —*perhaps what was so disturbing about your dream was not the content or subject matter, but the intensity you experienced it. The ideas seem very simply and perhaps elementary to me, but that your experience should be disturbing only means that you did not overlook or ignore any aspect of the experience as one might do while, lets say, commuting home. I imagine the colors and sensations where very clear in your mind, that your immersion in the dream reality was crystalline and clear. I truly enjoy these experiences, even if I'm being eaten by piranhas.

In that sense, maybe the dream was actually a metaphoric type message for you to "space out" less in your waking hours? A proposition not easily undertaken for me I might add.

PS symbols and numerics is the language of mathematicians. Exponents may be a hint to differential type relativity aspect of the language (calculus based perhaps) in reference to something _else_ (death)?

DaRkViPeR
16th June 2015, 05:15
Interpretation 1: Challenging the assumptions - death is to be avoided or "escaped".

If I may be so bold as to venture another idea —*perhaps what was so disturbing about your dream was not the content or subject matter, but the intensity you experienced it. The ideas seem very simply and perhaps elementary to me, but that your experience should be disturbing only means that you did not overlook or ignore any aspect of the experience as one might do while, lets say, commuting home. I imagine the colors and sensations where very clear in your mind, that your immersion in the dream reality was crystalline and clear. I truly enjoy these experiences, even if I'm being eaten by piranhas.

In that sense, maybe the dream was actually a metaphoric type message for you to "space out" less in your waking hours? A proposition not easily undertaken for me I might add.

PS symbols and numerics is the language of mathematicians. Exponents may be a hint to differential type relativity aspect of the language (calculus based perhaps) in reference to something _else_ (death)?

I was disorientated for a few seconds when I woke up. Was like waking up from reality into a dream.
Everything in the dream was very real to me and the symbols with numbers was crystal clear to me.
Normally when I dream of reading something, the words and letters will be scrambled and unreadable.
Another weird thing is that the domestic pets on this planet were big aggressive creatures.

Lord Sidious
16th June 2015, 05:17

Don't take LSD before bedtime ya nugget................

Aragorn
16th June 2015, 06:52
[...]
In my dream earth make contact with another civilization on another planet.

[...]

[...]

[...]
Another weird thing is that the domestic pets on this planet were big aggressive creatures.

If it weren't for the fact that English was the only language being spoken there, I'd say you've found the Klingon home world (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon). :ttr:

Dreamtimer
16th June 2015, 11:50
Here's a couple ideas for you to help you interpret:

How did you feel upon waking from the dream? This may be very different from your feelings in the dream.

What name would you give the dream?

Do a reality check: Do you recognize anything in this dream that is part of your life? Could part of it be played out in the future? What do you want to know about it?

If it was my dream... The people seem to be unafraid of death. This is more or less opposite of here. They don't kill each other to eat each other, they only do so after death. This could be a way of taking the community member inside so they are never lost or gone away. They are very homogenous. The symbols with exponents are like heiroglyphs, much more meaning than just the picture. They look like us, speak english - American or British? As an American I see a general parallel to us. Many of us have very aggressive pets, and though we say we honor life, we in fact honor death a great deal. We show this in our drama. There's a lot of death and not a whole lot of honoring life.

Ask yourself, "What do I want to do about the dream? How do I want to act on it? Honor it?"

I see from some of the posts here that you've already taken some of these steps.

These are from the Lightening Dreamwork Game developed by Robert Moss.

Roisin
16th June 2015, 15:01

Right off the bat, the thing that jumps out at me about this dream is a message "from the gods" for you to explore numerology for answers you are currently seeking for any given matter. The rest of it may just be extraneous detail that was added to this dream scene to bulk it up and make it memorable for you. For example, the cannibalism part that may have only been added for its shock effect.

Just my .02 on this....

DaRkViPeR
16th June 2015, 15:27
Right off the bat, the thing that jumps out at me about this dream is a message "from the gods" for you to explore numerology for answers you are currently seeking for any given matter. The rest of it may just be extraneous detail that was added to this dream scene to bulk it up and make it memorable for you. For example, the cannibalism part that may have only been added for its shock effect.

Just my .02 on this....

I have the same idea on this because of the clarity of the symbols and numbers.
Usually my dreams are messages to me.
In 2007 and beginning 2008 I used to have very lucid dreams of vehicle accidents. I ignored them and paid a very dear price for my ignorance.
Since then I pay careful attention to my dreams and realized that when I remember a dream, then there must be a message in it for me and if I cannot explain the dream for myself, I must get help in doing it.

Dreamtimer
16th June 2015, 20:45
The symbols had the numbers attached as exponents. That means each symbol is expanded to a certain power. What did the symbols look like? Were any of the exponents zero?

DaRkViPeR
16th June 2015, 21:38
The symbols had the numbers attached as exponents. That means each symbol is expanded to a certain power. What did the symbols look like? Were any of the exponents zero?

I remember seeing circles, triangles, rectangles,octagons, pentagons, the basic shapes that we are used to.
The exponents were 1 to 2 digits.
I cannot remember seeing a zero exponent.

Dreamtimer
16th June 2015, 22:33
That's interesting food for thought. There are numbers and formulas associated with these geometric shapes. What happens when an exponent is applied?