PDA

View Full Version : Are you hyper sensitive?

grannyfranny
4th June 2015, 22:43
This is a summary my sister sent me that you may find interesting:
"The Wall Street Journal had an article with the title: "Don’t Take This the Wrong Way, You May be Highly Sensitive". I found it fascinating and will try to summarize it for you.

Highly Sensitive Person, or HSP, has become the subject of clinical research during the past 20 years. The First International Scientific Conference on High Sensitivity or Sensory Processing Sensitivity was held in May. It is not a disorder or condition but innate trait. It was first identified by two psychologists in the 1990.s There have been several hundred studies done from brain scans to genetic testing. High sensitivity occurs on a spectrum.

High sensitivity is not the same as introversion, but HSP's often need to withdraw when their brains become overwhelmed by stimulation. HSP's show differences in neural activity when compared to non HSP’s. HSP’s are more empathetic, pay closer attention to their environment and more attentive to social clues from their close friends and partners.

The HSP responds more intensely to experiences than the average person. They process both positive and negative information more thoroughly and therefore can become overwhelmed by stimuli. They are acutely aware of sensations, whether taste, touch, sound or smell. They are particularly sensitive to emotions, their own and others.

HSP’s showed more activation of the brain’s primitive reward system when looking at a loved one smiling than non HSP’s. The area of the brain associated with empathetic response showed more activity when looking at a sad or happy photos. HSP’s make excellent counselors, teachers, artists, and pastors.

The downside is that HSP’s get worn out by too much stimuli, they are easily hurt or offended, and can overreact. The latest theory is that there is a genetic cause that may have to do with the serotonin transporter gene. Psychological factors such as your personality and how you react to stress may also play a part on where you fall on the spectrum."

There is a quiz to take at http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

Frankly, I attribute the greater amount of hypersenstivity as a reaction to the social engineering of the past few generations: keep people's minds so filled with stimulation that they can not think rationally or critically about what they are doing to us while they go live on their peaceful estates.

Tell me what you think after taking the short and simple test. I thought, "doesn't everyone get bothered by this stuff?"

The site also includes this article "Emotional Regulation and HSPs" http://hsperson.com/emotional-regulation-and-hsps/ which really ****ed me off. Why do we need to change? It's the others who need to think of some changes. Why are motorcycles so noisy that one can't hear the sounds of Mother Nature: birds chirping, the waves slapping the shoreline. Why are things always designed to be noisy such as lawn mowers and leaf blowers. This only makes us think that technology is more powerful than Mother Nature. It contributes to the lack of respect for Mother Nature and our planet.

Aragorn
4th June 2015, 23:51
[...]
Highly Sensitive Person, or HSP, has become the subject of clinical research during the past 20 years. The First International Scientific Conference on High Sensitivity or Sensory Processing Sensitivity was held in May. It is not a disorder or condition but innate trait. It was first identified by two psychologists in the 1990.s There have been several hundred studies done from brain scans to genetic testing. High sensitivity occurs on a spectrum.

High sensitivity is not the same as introversion, but HSP's often need to withdraw when their brains become overwhelmed by stimulation. HSP's show differences in neural activity when compared to non HSP’s. HSP’s are more empathetic, pay closer attention to their environment and more attentive to social clues from their close friends and partners.

The HSP responds more intensely to experiences than the average person. They process both positive and negative information more thoroughly and therefore can become overwhelmed by stimuli. They are acutely aware of sensations, whether taste, touch, sound or smell. They are particularly sensitive to emotions, their own and others.

HSP’s showed more activation of the brain’s primitive reward system when looking at a loved one smiling than non HSP’s. The area of the brain associated with empathetic response showed more activity when looking at a sad or happy photos. HSP’s make excellent counselors, teachers, artists, and pastors.

The downside is that HSP’s get worn out by too much stimuli, they are easily hurt or offended, and can overreact. The latest theory is that there is a genetic cause that may have to do with the serotonin transporter gene. Psychological factors such as your personality and how you react to stress may also play a part on where you fall on the spectrum."

There is a quiz to take at http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

I already knew that I'm a highly sensitive person, but I've taken the above test and my results confirm that. :)

Frankly, I attribute the greater amount of hypersenstivity as a reaction to the social engineering of the past few generations: keep people's minds so filled with stimulation that they can not think rationally or critically about what they are doing to us while they go live on their peaceful estates.

Tell me what you think after taking the short and simple test. I thought, "doesn't everyone get bothered by this stuff?" [...]

Well, my experience -- both on account of myself and on account of conversing with other highly sensitive people -- corroborates the theory that the HSP phenomenon would be linked to the autism spectrum. I myself am a high-functioning autistic person (with a few additional autism spectrum properties -- see the Autism (http://jandeane81.com/threads/6557-Autism) thread), and I have found that this also applies to every other highly sensitive person I know. Neurological research also appears to confirm the relationship between HSP and the autism spectrum.

For that matter, most high-functioning autistic individuals go through life without ever having been diagnosed as such, and are generally of significantly above-average intelligence, and therefore quite capable of "blending in" with so-called neurotypical people. Yet, as they say, it takes one to know one, and in addition to being on the autism spectrum myself, I also partly come from a medical training, and I have done a great amount of research in that area, so I can generally spot a fellow autistic person from a mile away. ;)

The sad part of the equation is that most of the highly sensitive people whom I personally know refuse to accept that they would be on the autism spectrum -- even though they show clear signs of that -- because they consider autism "abnormal", "a defect" and/or "a disease" -- which it is not -- even though they do not feel the same way about their highly sensitive nature. They feel more comfortable with a less negative sounding diagnosis such as "highly sensitive person".

Oh well...

Bob
5th June 2015, 01:14
I've notice also with the hypersensitivity a very active immune system, able to get allergies for everything, which when the allergies are triggered, hypersensitivity is extreme..

If hypersensitivity is the focus of the discussion of the thread, and certain individuals can be naturally hypersensitive, or driven into hypersensitivity, I could probably describe some of the uses of harmaline alkaloids, which cause hypersensitivity.. they used to be called telepathine, and useful in how they induce 'telepathy' - it has been conjectured these substances work because they expand the junction of the nerve endings, making them closer, or able to fire with less stimulation.. very similar to what happens when edema happens in the nerves during an allergy attack..

(Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmala_alkaloid))

grannyfranny
5th June 2015, 02:19
Aragon, I just read the autism thread. I am blown away.

I always felt like I was from another planet and having a hard time adjusting to the norms of this planet. Of course I am 71 y.o. so they didn't have labels like autism in those days. I just made sure I was exceptional in these norms: early acceptance at one of the top ten women's colleges, all kinds of awards in my earlier years and even a #1 award in the USA in my field and picked up a MA in my early fifties.

I'll make sure not to get the label now. It sure seems that TPTB want to put down people in the autism spectrum because the autistic will be the least likely to fall in line with their agendas. Jesus, I put check marks on every item but one on the hyper sensitive quiz. That alone might be enough for the autism label. Maybe the Hypersensitive label is the new cover word for autism.

And Aragon, maybe that's why I like you so much. Think we are two of a kind? You said most of your friends resisted the possibility of this label. Ugh.

This is freaking weird news and happening while I am waiting to hear how my sister's surgery went. She had two brain surgeries, the first one a life flight situation and she had less than 50% chance of surviving. Then a second one and now she is having her female organs removed because of cancer. This is three surgeries in 366 days.

Well I keep six pack of beer in the house for friends. I am drinking one now.

Cherrio

Aragorn
5th June 2015, 03:30
Aragon, I just read the autism thread. I am blown away.

I always felt like I was from another planet and having a hard time adjusting to the norms of this planet.

Well, you could be from another planet, as many of us are. :) Or, you could be from no planet at all, from beyond any and all universes in Creation. That's where I myself come from, but that's yet another thread, Dolores Cannon's Three Waves of Volunteers (http://jandeane81.com/threads/6594-Dolores-cannon-3-waves-of-volunteers), which was incidentally started by the same person as who started the Autism (http://jandeane81.com/threads/6557-Autism) thread. ;)

Of course I am 71 y.o. so they didn't have labels like autism in those days. I just made sure I was exceptional in these norms: early acceptance at one of the top ten women's colleges, all kinds of awards in my earlier years and even a #1 award in the USA in my field and picked up a MA in my early fifties.

Oh, I was quite a late bloomer myself, but that undoubtedly had to do with the circumstances of my growing up -- most notably my high school years and the years that followed after that. And by the way, I have only been officially diagnosed in 2009, after a long series of tests, after having been on a two-year waiting list. I did already know that I'm autistic for a couple of years, though.

I'll make sure not to get the label now. It sure seems that TPTB want to put down people in the autism spectrum because the autistic will be the least likely to fall in line with their agendas. Jesus, I put check marks on every item but one on the hyper sensitive quiz. That alone might be enough for the autism label. Maybe the Hypersensitive label is the new cover word for autism.

Well, I don't know about that. There are several people in the USA who are on a crusade against autism, because they don't understand what it is and they misunderstand where it comes from.

I used to be active as an autism acceptance advocate back when I was still registered on Facebook, and I can assure you that hell hath no fury like those anti-autism people. And it certainly doesn't help the cause of autism acceptance if those "autism is a disease and it's caused by vaccines" people are then getting support from Hollywood celebrities like Jenny McCarthy and her Talk About Curing Autism organization, or the equally despicable Autism Speaks.

I have been bullied and threatened on more than one occasion, just because I spoke the truth. I was even accused of being a paid shill for Big Pharma. I just file that on the same pile as the accusation from the mods at, um, another forum that I would be an undercover double agent for the alphabet soup agencies. :p

Some people really have too much time on their hands... :shocked: :belief: :scrhd:

And Aragon, maybe that's why I like you so much. Think we are two of a kind?

I'd like to think that there are more than two of us out there. :) But I like you too, grannyfranny. :) :hugs:

You said most of your friends resisted the possibility of this label. Ugh.

Yeah, and I'm thinking of two people concretely. One has been diagnosed as autistic but rejects that diagnosis now that he has read that book on HSP. The other has several autism spectrum conditions -- Asperger's, ADHD, dyslexia and OCD -- but has never officially been diagnosed as such, and that's why she rejects it when I say that she's on the spectrum too. She also has borderline personality disorder, so she's not exactly the easiest person in the world to get along with.

This is freaking weird news and happening while I am waiting to hear how my sister's surgery went. She had two brain surgeries, the first one a life flight situation and she had less than 50% chance of surviving. Then a second one and now she is having her female organs removed because of cancer. This is three surgeries in 366 days.

Well, let's try being optimistic and remind ourselves of the saying that "Three times is a charm". Three is a lucky number, and your sister is obviously a fighter. So let's raise our glass to the future. :)

Well I keep six pack of beer in the house for friends. I am drinking one now.

Cherrio

<Humphrey Bogart voice> Here's looking at you, kid! </Humphrey Bogart voice> :chrs: :)

grannyfranny
5th June 2015, 04:17
Bob, I the worse allergies than anyone in my family. I did some NAET treatments by an MD. I was allergic to most things we are suppose to eat including chicken, turkey and I couldn't digest B vitamins adequately. Without cat allergy treatment, my allergy to cats disappeared and I could have one! Pollen is still my biggest allergy. Well as I always say, "God knew what he was doing when he didn't let me have kids." My genes are pretty wacko.

grannyfranny
5th June 2015, 04:19
Well Humphrey Bogart, came to you as I drink the last couple of swigs of this beer. Good night all, I guess we won't hear about my sister until the a.m.

Cearna
5th June 2015, 05:31
This is what took life from me, until I began using Alternative Therapies to get through it all. It all hinges on what the progenitors of life Above, call my Miracle genes. I began in questionable times, to say the least, when the Earth just opened itself to a flurry of love, (for it is our real parent). It needed a better self for a companion, and there was some need in it to have a female companion, like himself, but more gentle.

This is where hypersensitivity comes in from. This female liked creating, and she is the one who simply opened gifts to herself, and she is is who first walked on Earth as the Maker of All Life, and she is the first female ever, in existence. She gained roles, as time went on (time is another topic so I won't go into it now)these were needing to fit life on Earth initially, but later, the Earth began to change and grow, and he is still changing and growing even now.

There is something in themselves (this male and female of Earth) that all of us want to have, but working in life, is what most develops this. Gifts are not given you, you are, or are not, the product of sensory perception. In every walk of life, there is no difference, what your work began as, this is work in Life, not the career you stood in, and it began, when you began - not this life, but way back in the very distant past. It so happens, I began as a Behemoth, you know the Sort from the "Mothman Prophesies", so I am able to leave an endless trail of Seers abilities behind me.

The first thing, however that I link to, is the feeling of touch, so in my nature, I want to see, feel and touch, this is normal to me, so endless years now, I was a Sewing Teacher in a High School, using my touchy feely senses to work on fabrics. Later, I did massage, and my fingers are what palmistry people might call "massage fingers", thick, soft pads.

I had little need to "hear", as in Telepathy, and so in this life I found out that Life can be hearing as well. As a Behemoth, from day one, I've realised most things through my visual connection, but now I find sonics that I had but never wanted to use before, for my role this time had to depend on passing the right frequency to you all in the right brain activity, as this is what most people still use in everyday Life.

Why do I pass on frequencies to all on Earth? Because the call of you all to get us to where we find new Life on Earth, for this one stinks, and to some extent sent because of the chance of life ending here. I am only in Life here and now, because all life cannot stop, and because all Life is Sacrosanct, the need was for many open, righteous living souls, to get this worst time over, and deter those of Evil intent to never work on Earth again. Many of you are that Soul that lamented this whole link to what seems and feels to be really wrong, however this is anathema to most who asked.

To clearly be in a role of a better sort of person, meant that all life can evolve, and what this is to me, is what I see,feel and write on, on TOT, so my emanations, to these on TOT, is to see, feel and know, what Truth really is, for as you bring things to my own consciousness, and everyone reads it or not, I project this to Etheric Realisations, which isn't the Akashic Record, it is there in frequencies to be picked up on, by all who see, feel and hear. Then it is able to be linked to, by more who need the story told in Truth. Why in Truth, because, because I ventured to go into regions, working in risk of my own Life, for I went to the Above - no Dimensional Shift, or seeking for myself, I went to find the Highest energies from that Above, asked to be given them, so I could release them into the roles of every one here, and to individuals if they so ask to be able to channel them through to others.

Every single gift to see, feel or hear, comes in the right abundance, to those ready to receive. Every right energy, realises, the input to you to your own readjustment to Life here on Earth. Autism will not cost Life, but those who are so inclined, see, feel and hear, love, know it for what it is, and use only love in what they do. If, being autistic, and similarly dyslectic, you are reacting to some major imbalance in the love vibrations sent to you, and your balance and harmony can become so out of sync that only real love, will you recognise from others. For those who have watched the dog whisperer on TV, his main theory of dog behaviour is that their owners have lost balance and the dog behaviour is the result of this.

Immunity to allergies, is a similar sociological occurrence because the person cannot live in a world, not able to recognise, how environmentally, we are outside being so close to getting our own insides up to scratch but others put their insides, outside, and what this means is complete annihilation to something as important as life itself.

Cearna
5th June 2015, 05:43

First of all, I can only, help a little here about the hysterectomy, but I had this done in 1984, and I was going to a fantastic herbalist at the time. I let her know I was going into surgery, and she sent me herbs including a bottle of Sarsparilla - I don't know what is in it that help, but I took it as suggested, and the next day the nurse on duty, said, whatever you do get some one to buy you some Sarsparilla, she was amazed that I already had it.

As for the cancer and this operation, I have at my disposal, a huge number of female Angels, who are trained to use all the healing energies I have at my disposal, if you wish she can be sent one of these Angels to heal her, but as well will give these energies to her in a way similar to Reiki, wherbe she can help to heal herself as she hopefully uses the methods that Highland1 has up in the Alternative medicine thread on cancer. Just let me know if you wish her to be sent an Angel and yourself as well if you wish, then you too, can help her. Love Colleen

Liberty
5th June 2015, 18:22
Hi Grannyfranny,

What a great topic! I have not heard much about this and always considered myself to be a true introvert. I am blown away. I only left 2 blanks. In 1987 I was diagnosed with MS but chose to not continue with the advice. Today I am well but need my solitude, nature, and the ocean. Relationships have proved hazzardous throughout my life as my sensitivity and awareness has grown that I tune into so much others do not even notice.

However, I always attributed this to an ever growing introversion as I got older. Thanks for starting this thread and others...you seem to have a knack for starting interesting topics. I just turned 72 and feel so alone sometimes. I guess those responding are lucky enough to have some friendships. I feel grateful for this forum.

Today

grannyfranny
5th June 2015, 18:44
Colleen I have emailed her and will let you know about the angel. Thank you.

grannyfranny
5th June 2015, 19:19
Today, another sister, not the one in surgery, sent me the Wall Street Journal article. After I took the quiz, I thought, this is stupid, who the "H" wouldn't find these annoying. This is just commonsense. These shrink types must be trying to drum up more business by "finding" another disorder.

I read an article on their site and made a comment. It is still awaiting "moderation." Another comment posted after mine has been approved. My comment did not accept the premise that the hypersensitive need help. It is my feeling it is the others that need help because they are in basic training for transhumanism.

For years, TPTB have been upping the level of overstimulation through technology such as TV, movie and music recorded at the wrong levels that do not confirm to that of Mother Earth and now even smart meters to tangle our brains. The more TPTB can pull us out of our hearts, the sooner they can peacefully gain our acceptance of greater control over us.

See http://jandeane81.com/threads/7075-The-next-big-thing started by jimmer. As he said, "step right up to get your brain zapped." One of my sisters thought it was a great idea while Aragon and I joked about it. It is just one more step in people being training for transhumanism. Have you sense another one? Cell phones can now be accepted like credit cards. The motion to use it is like swiping your arm once it is implanted. Nobody is going to think about that, they will just be happy with the latest adult toy.

I won't be replying for about another 24 hours but I will check in to hear other responses then.

Liberty
6th June 2015, 06:38
Grannyfranny,

It is 2 a.m and I cannot sleep so I have some waves from my neighbors internet and hopefully can get this sent without losing it. I agree with you. I remember a few years back when Paxil was the medication for "social anxiety disorder" which to me meant those of us who are introverts. I would be revered in India but should be on Paxil here. They are always drumming up some new disorder and then creating the meds to control it. I say control it because the meds never cure you; you must take them the rest of your life!

I find I cannot keep up with the technology anymore and browsing in the stores is mind boggling at the electronics dept. Now that Comcast has merged with another company (cannot remember who:blsh:) we just got a notice that cable will be another $4 increase. Last year they raised it $5! So I am finally able to let go of television...I cancelled it. The news is awful, politics is a joke, movies are filled with so much violence and war is glamorized (American Sniper). I did not watch it but am trying to make a point here of how we are manipulated by all this. So, I am ready and have many wonderful dvd's I accumulated over time and taped many wonderful documentaries, movies, spiritual teachings etc that I will be perfectly happy without it.

Thank you for stating that why should we change or be labeled because we do not fit the population of conformists and sheep. I sometimes fall into thinking that there is something wrong with me but it does not last long as I am able to self-talk out of it. The year prior to my MS diagnosis, I was ill again and noticed a lump in my throat. It was a hyperthyroid condition which did not respond to meds. I was sent to an endocrinologist. I was terrified and asked why he was doing so many tests. I remember signing a lot of paperwork and he said he wanted to make sure to give me the correct dosage of radioactive iodine so that my thyroid would return to normal.
Well he ended up overdosing me and I was so sick I could not walk or function. A blood test revealed I had almost no thyroid and he then started me on Synthroid. It was a slow recovery and I was kept on too low a dose for a few years till I found my wonderful doctor and he increased it. THe point is I could not sue him for negligence as I must have signed away that option and he must have got a nice kickback from the pharmaceutical company or a membership in a country club for what he did..I would have to take Synthroid the rest of my life! This was no accident and if knew what I know now I would have turned away and explored other options but I was young, alone and scared.
I have side effects from this that I have been taking for almost 30 yrs. and my voice has gotten complety hoarse and weak. I am grateful I was not as timid, ignorant and blind when I was diagnosed with MS. Thank God I turned away from the insanity of what they offered to do to me like chemotherapy for fatigue!

So I am glad I am a deep thinker with and independent mind, but it does make me feel like and outcast sometimes when I listen to the voice in my head like we all have.... I will now read the post by jimmer and give comment. I also do not carry my cell phone with me. I go for my walks without it and have no voice mail; caller ID is enough.

Today

Today

Rebel&Rocket
6th June 2015, 07:04
It just occurred to me... Isn't it interesting that many of the traits in the questions from that questionnaire are also traits of an intuitive or empath? I'm not surprised that many here are relating to being "sensitive." Each of us has followed a path that is against the grain so to speak that led us....well, here. To truth - because we could feel that things were off.

Other people's moods affect me. Finding yourself needing to withdraw from overstimulation. When people are uncomfortable in a physical environment I tend to know what needs to be done to make it more comfortable. ???

So, now doctors can tell us there's something wrong with us for having this gift so they can medicate it away. "Whew, threat averted," I imagine being said in some secret room when TPTB are trying to figure out what to do with us.

Liberty
6th June 2015, 07:58
Hi Aragorn,

I just read the Autism report and was blown away too! I had a friend who raised 2 boys 4 yrs apart and both were autistic. She was a nurse at Mass General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts and was a single mom. I visited her a few times and don't know how she did it as I did not understand the boys and they did not speak and played by themselves. I was young and studying astrology with her in the early 70.s. Today they are doing well, live on their own together in Boston. ONe is a computer whiz and the other works in a janitorial position in a Catholic school.

She is retired and lives in Florida now but I am amazed at how well functioning they are now and able to take care of themselves. Your explanation just amazed me as I had no idea of the shades or degrees of autism and the fact that you are autistic. Thanks so much for your enlightening post and sharing this about yourself. It really is an eye opener for me as autism to me was Dustin Hoffman as Rain Man and those boys never talked when I was there. But as you say, they probably knew better and had me sized up better than I knew myself at that time. Great post...

Today

Hugh Mann
6th June 2015, 12:57
"Are you hyper sensitive?"

Yes I am and I believe it may be genetic and/or blood type. I have super hearing and it seems to run in my fathers side of the family. Certain types of noises drives me nuts. Sounds like a dripping faucet, a watch ticking, people smacking their lips while eating, a dog licking itself, dog barking, someone cracking their chewing-gum, clipping finger/toe nails, loud music, music with the base too high, etc. As a young child sounds would cause me to go into tantrums. I seem to be able to hear sounds that most people don't. I can hear a watch ticking from another room. I can hear a nest full of ants when you stir them up. When sitting quietly, my ears have a subtle harmonic ringing. I have no idea what it is or where it comes from. I isn't internal ear-ringing because I can hear subtle changes in the harmonics and it changes when I turn in different directions. It comes from nowhere and everywhere.
One of the reasons I believe this may be genetic or blood-type related because I purchased a book about eating according to your blood-type. My type is A- and according to the book, it listed several traits common among those with type A blood. Being sensitive to sounds and crowds were just a few. People with type A blood also tend to have type A personalities. A guy I work with has type A blood and he and I have too much in common to be coincidence. I scored high on the test, having one or two that were marginal/questionable symptoms.

Thanks for starting this thread. It's very interesting.

Cearna
7th June 2015, 08:45
I hope I am not taking this off topic, if so, I apologise. My blood group is A+, and I also rated very high on the hypersensitivity test. When I was trying to find my way, through Leukaemia, one of the therapists I went to spoke as if the A blood group,tend to be more open in the way they approach life,and she said, just look at the letter A, there is an opening at it's base, whereas, the O and B group are enclosed circles, with out that tendencies to see in round about ways, for your sight begins in one space and is so enclosed ,it takes fits and starts with the B group as well because of the shape of the B. This made sense to me, but she didn't correlate it to hyper-sensitivity as well. This was all I knew about this, but she must have been using the same sort of list as you had.

I won't go into my hypersensitivities, but I started with 4 allergies to grasses, gradually it went to 27 grass and tree pollens, all from around the district where I was, and the list then went to families of foods until, I had to test all foods in the shops with a pendulum, to see if they were safe for me or not, as my immunity became less and less and the Leukaemia advanced. Now I tried to be immunised with the Commonwealth serum laboratories mixes of the things I was allergic to, but eventually had to give that up, as they were killing me instead. My Homeopath, specialised in allergies and began treating me with the Homeopathic remedies for allergies (he even treated race horses, and they picked up so well they began to win races, instead of losing), so that is always one to think about, they did work on me and my husband. I felt a bit of a dill though trying to catch coal smoke in a bottle so that he could make a mix up for us specially for we live in a coal mining town, and I had to take the fluff of cat & Dog fur, and whatever else was in the dust in our home (we had 7 persian cats, and 5 long haired Tibetan Spaniels).

I nearly go nuts with modern music especially when it is played too loud, and most of the rest of the things others mention.:fpalm:

grannyfranny
9th June 2015, 02:27
:scrhd:Since last I wrote, had a kidney stone attack and while picking some flowers for my recuperating sister, I tumbled down a slope into a fence which stopped my fall. It was a rather uncomfortable few days.

I went to see my sister who was fairly mobile but suddenly her face has aged. My word, I did not know they blow up your body with gas to pull out your female organs. She is content with pain meds instead of angels but I do appreciate the offer. Like most of us, I am the only family member with metaphysical leanings.

It is very comforting to hear how many of us seem to have hypersensitive and/or autistic spectrum qualities. As so many have expressed, we are made to feel abnormal. Same is true of introverts. We live in a culture that thinks everyone should be extraverted.

This weekend a visiting friend and former mate went to the corner bar/eatery. It is usually pleasantly upbeat but this time I was growing more and more uncomfortable. Thanks to all of you, I didn't bite my lip and endure it. We did an eat and run. This thread is teaching me a lot.

Oh, and by the way, my comment at the hypersensitive site was finally moderated and allowed. I was surprised because my comment was not positive and was left hanging while later posts were approved sooner than mine. I find it hard to tell people to stop tapping their foot, turn the TV sound down, shut the car radio off and play some cheerful mellow CDs, etc. I tend to think it is my fault and that I have no right to object. How do you handle situations were the cultural norms seem intrusive to you?

Liberty
9th June 2015, 17:49
Hi Grannyfranny,

So sorry to hear of your health problems and that of your sister:(. I live alone but can understand your sensitivities to foot tapping, tv sound, and wanting cheerful or mellow music. I feel it would be a problem for me to share space with someone who does not share my introverted ways. Cearna, I enjoyed your comments on blood type. I am 0 Negative, the universal donor. I read a book once on blood type and it said that we were the hunters way way back and need meat! That is/was so true of me. I used to eat and crave meat every day. When I become ill with some kind of sickness after returning from New Mexico in 2003, I could only have soup for the longest time. I lost weight and when my appetite started to return to my amazement I could no longer eat any kind of meat, except chicken. I have craved it in any form (chicken salad, thin/trim chicken breat, or a large chicken breast where I sliced it myself.

That all changed 2 weeks ago when I suddenly felt bored with it and really wanted to let it go. I have no craved it anymore to this day and am happy to say I use cage free eggs (any style) and plain mediterranean yogurt (for smoothies) as my source of protein. So, this is huge for a type 0 negative person but I am happy I no longer eat meat after the documentary I saw on Food, on PBS a year ago.
I am pretty closed now to socializing and create each new day anew. I am not a mother or grandmother so have no children and am grateful for the health I now enjoy. It will not last forever and I remember how lonely and isolating it was for so many years to have no energy.

I am glad to read this thread because I feel I am hypersensitive, introverted and a dysfunctional type 0 negative blood now, lol!!

Thanks for all the wonderful contributions to this thread,

Today

grannyfranny
10th June 2015, 01:11
Hugh and Cearna both mentioned blood type and I know Dr. Mercola does seem to suggest foods based on blood types. It certainly could be a contribution factor to hyper sensitivity. autism, introvertism.

Tolec was discussing how the Andromedans balance things within all the body's systems so the person can maximize their abilities. Sounds like a better approach than trying to achieve a standardization for all human beings. This current approach does, of course, suit TPTB better. I think that is why the combination of humans and computerized robots is so appealing to them.

Aragorn
10th June 2015, 03:15
Hugh and Cearna both mentioned blood type and I know Dr. Mercola does seem to suggest foods based on blood types. It certainly could be a contribution factor to hyper sensitivity. autism, introvertism.

I doubt whether blood types would be valid as an indicator of autism, hypersensitivity or even an introverted personality type, even though a few participants of this thread have stated that they have blood type O Rh-. Yet, the very fact that I myself have blood type O Rh+ and that my mother -- who also showed signs of being on the autism spectrum -- had blood type A Rh+ statistically disproves this claim. Furthermore, genetic research has shown that so-far, all genetic identifiers for an autism spectrum condition appear to be situated on the 23rd X chromosome, which is why there is a suspected link with the so-called Fragile X Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile_X_syndrome).

Also, in light of the speculation in this particular thread with regard to blood types, one has to understand the mechanism behind blood type inheritance. For one, we generally list blood types by way of a single alphabetic identifier, except of course in the case of the relatively rare blood type AB. However, all blood types are actually comprised of two blood type identifiers -- it's an identifier pair, just like a chromosome pair. At the point of conception, either parent "donates" one blood type identifier from their genotype to the child, being either A, B or O. Types A and B are co-dominant -- i.e. they can coexist side by side -- while type O is recessive.

Therefore, the following genotypes are possible, with their respective phenotypes...:

Actual Genotype
Phenotype
Comment

AA
A

AO
A
O is recessive

BB
B

BO
B
O is recessive

AB
AB
A and B are co-dominant

OO
O

Now, considering that these 6 genotypes are possible for either parent, there are 36 possible outcomes for the blood group of each of their respective children, with some overlap. And then we're not even taking the Rhesus factor -- i.e. Rh- or Rh+ -- into account yet. ;)

Dreamtimer
10th June 2015, 13:41
Aragorn, it sounds bloody confusing. ;) BTW, I see you've gone into stealth mode. I find your responses thoughtful and informative so here's a general thanks.

I haven't taken the test yet. I don't feel I'm hypersensitive. Having said that, my mom used to criticize me all the time for being too sensitive. I'm pretty sure she was engaging in some reflection, she was very sensitive herself. Personally, I worked hard to be able to deal with difficult or unpleasant situations, mostly because I felt I had to. I felt it was my job to learn how to deal.

I've reached a point in life where I have decided that I don't have to put up with a lot of crap that I used to. I stay away from people and situations that are unnecessarily negative.

I'm most sensitive to my husband's moods and when he's in a bad one, I'm likely to be as well. This bothers me, I feel like I should be able to stay in my own good mood. Clearly we're connected and his feelings affect me. It's often hard to see, but I'm pretty sure my positive moods and attitudes have a positive effect on him. Sometimes the outcome is just that he's less negative.

I have family and friends whose children are on the autism spectrum. They're all unique, creative and artistic.

My sister-in-law was talking about a psychiatrist she knows who sees three patients an hour, all day long. She prescribes lots of meds. I called it going to the drug doctor.

When I had to go to the hospital for a procedure, the nurse needed a list of any meds I was on. Iron supplements was all. She was amazed and said to me, "Good for you! Good for you!" I was being congratulated by a hospital nurse for not being on a laundry list of drugs.

I have bad feet, something that was noticed by a podiatrist when I was in my twenties. He asked, "Do your feet hurt?" I lied, "No." He said, "They will." They actually had been since college. But a couple years later, the pain stopped. After that I just made sure I wore shoes that would not exacerbate the problem. I can only imagine the pain and surgeries I might have gone through.

I have fibroids and my cycle has never been normal. 25 rather than 28 days. I had a doctor once look me in the eye and tell me that "Women cycle for 28 days, not 25." As if I'm a liar or deluded or diseased. Just because I didn't fit into the norm. Good thing I didn't let him cut out the machinery.

I could go on for paragraphs about being in the hospital for childbirth. It wasn't a horror story, just too many waiters and no chef. Not good communication between people. The left hand often didn't know what the right hand was up to.

Our personal sovereignty comes into play at every moment in life. We need to be sure to question the experts because ultimately it's our responsibility to make sure we and our families are taken care of properly.

grannyfranny
10th June 2015, 14:45
Personally, I worked hard to be able to deal with difficult or unpleasant situations, mostly because I felt I had to. I felt it was my job to learn how to deal
Dreamtimer, it does seem that from a young age, we are trained to accept the cultural norms. Some support for my personality type and some help learning to stand up for my needs in a pleasant tone of voice would have been nice. My snarly lip was not the answer. I guess I felt animal like but an actual growl would not have gone over well.

You mentioned your mother was sensitive. I guess she hadn't learned how to stand up for herself so she couldn't pass on any tips to you.

Dreamtimer
10th June 2015, 15:01
My mother's biggest hindrance in life was the inability to accept her own fallibility. She couldn't be seen to be wrong. She saw any mistake she made as some kind of failure. Thus, she couldn't have an open, honest relationship. It ended up killing her.

She learned that from her own mother. She was never good enough for her mother.

The good thing is that cycle ended with me. I faced my own humanity while I was growing up. By the time I had a child I was able to raise him with love and support and honesty and trust. I was able to teach him to be confident without being arrogant. I was able to let him go when the time came. I don't try to control him. My mother could never get past that. She always tried to control. She wasn't able to trust.

Liberty
10th June 2015, 18:13
Hi Aragorn,

All that is confusing to me also, but I am an only child and neither of my parents were 0 negative but my grandfather was.

Today

Aragorn
10th June 2015, 22:19
Aragorn, it sounds bloody confusing. ;)

Wait until you see the table with all the possible variations. :p

BTW, I see you've gone into stealth mode.

Um, no, I don't have stealth mode activated here. I was simply off-line. :)

I find your responses thoughtful and informative so here's a general thanks.

Why, thank you! I really appreciate that. :smiley hug:

[...]
I've reached a point in life where I have decided that I don't have to put up with a lot of crap that I used to. I stay away from people and situations that are unnecessarily negative.
[...]

Oh, I can relate to that. ;) It has taken me a very long time to get there, but at this point, yes, I no longer devote any of my energy to people who cannot treat me with respect. ;)

Dreamtimer
11th June 2015, 15:32
Aragorn, my stealth mode comment was referring to your avatar presentation as Strider. I know, it's a bit of a delayed reaction, but I didn't see a good earlier opportunity to make the comment. ;)

I feel grateful to be able to stay away from the negative people. Many cannot, due to their life circumstances. I try to bring happiness or at least laughter to people whenever I can. There's more than enough negativity to go around.

Happily, I can say I'm observing more than one family member making a concerted effort to have a more positive attitude, be less stressed and controlling, stop and smell the flowers, be less judgmental.

Hats off to the hypersensitive, we need their different way of seeing things. Homogeny is not strength.

Aragorn
12th June 2015, 00:36
Aragorn, my stealth mode comment was referring to your avatar presentation as Strider. I know, it's a bit of a delayed reaction, but I didn't see a good earlier opportunity to make the comment. ;)

Yeah, I grew tired of my old avatar, in part because it was the same avatar as I had been using on another forum in the past, so I felt that a new avatar was warranted. :)

Dreamtimer
12th June 2015, 07:26
I like it. It means you're making strides. :ttr: I haven't tried invisible mode. I'm afraid I might lose myself... ;)

Aragorn
12th June 2015, 08:46
[...]
Also, in light of the speculation in this particular thread with regard to blood types, one has to understand the mechanism behind blood type inheritance. For one, we generally list blood types by way of a single alphabetic identifier, except of course in the case of the relatively rare blood type AB. However, all blood types are actually comprised of two blood type identifiers -- it's an identifier pair, just like a chromosome pair. At the point of conception, either parent "donates" one blood type identifier from their genotype to the child, being either A, B or O. Types A and B are co-dominant -- i.e. they can coexist side by side -- while type O is recessive.

Therefore, the following genotypes are possible, with their respective phenotypes...:

Actual Genotype
Phenotype
Comment

AA
A

AO
A
O is recessive

BB
B

BO
B
O is recessive

AB
AB
A and B are co-dominant

OO
O

Now, considering that these 6 genotypes are possible for either parent, there are 36 possible outcomes for the blood group of each of their respective children, with some overlap. And then we're not even taking the Rhesus factor -- i.e. Rh- or Rh+ -- into account yet. ;)

Aragorn, it sounds bloody confusing. ;)

All that is confusing to me also [...]

Okay, I'm going to try and explain... :)

That which actually defines whether one has blood type A, B, AB or O is the presence or absence of an antigen, or actually two separate antigens, namely the anti-A antigen and the anti-B antigen. The blood test is then performed by adding the respective antigens to a few drops of blood and observing whether the blood agglutinates or not.

If the blood agglutinates when the anti-A antigen is added but not when the anti-B antigen is added, then the blood type is A.
If the blood agglutinates when the anti-B antigen is added but not when the anti-A antigen is added, then the blood type is B.
If the blood agglutinates when either antigen is added, then the blood type is AB.
If the blood does not agglutinate with either antigen, then the blood type is O.

Now, keeping my explanation higher up in mind -- see the quoted section and the table -- the above is why O is considered recessive. To explain further, with the exception of blood type AB, one's blood type is commonly listed as a single alphabetic character, being either A, B or O. That alphabetic character is the phenotype, i.e. "how it manifests", "what it looks like". However, just as in the case of AB, the three other blood genotypes -- i.e. "what it is actually made up of" -- are also comprised of two blood type identifiers, as shown in the table quoted above.

For example, someone with the "official" blood type A can actually be either AA or AO, but because O is recessive -- i.e. it does not react to either the anti-A or anti-B antigens -- the A becomes the dominant blood type. Yet, there are always two identifiers, because only one identifier is passed on to the fetus by either parent. With O being recessive, that means that the genotype for O must always be OO, and thus, that either parent gave an O to the fetus via their respective DNA in the egg and the sperm.

As a practical example, the fact that both my brother and myself have blood type O -- and thus OO -- and that my father also had blood type O while my mother had blood type A, means that my mother's genotype must have been AO, because if she had been AA, then, with O being recessive (or A being dominant, if you will), my brother and I would both have had blood type A as well, albeit that it would have been AO, in our case -- A from my mom's genotype and O from my dad's genotype. But that is not the case, because my brother and I both have type O (and thus the OO genotype), and the only way that could have been possible is if my mom was AO, not AA.

I know it sounds complicated, but if you read the above very logically, then it should be self-explanatory. :p

solarimplosion
12th June 2015, 11:57
Hypersensitive difference is due to the vibrational field of origin of the entity has in the graft with the encoding of the spin of the body on Earth, this creates difficulties and allergies but is also a catalyst to get away from some karmic entanglements.

Liberty
17th June 2015, 01:26
Thank you Aragon. I do understand it now. However, as I said, neither one of my parents had type O as I can remember. I was told by my mother that her father had type O, so I thought it may have skipped a generation as I have it. However, my early life contained errors of omission about many things, which I found out much later. Perhaps the blood type was just another thing that was wrong. Whatever the case, thank you for taking the type to explain it so well.

I wonder if a study was ever done on blood type psychology? When you say recessive I think of my solitude and introversion all my life.
Maybe I will google this myself and find out if there has been such a study. Also I am O neg. Is there an O positive? I don't know.

Thanks.
Today

modwiz
17th June 2015, 01:31
Is there an O positive? I don't know.

Thanks.
Today

Yes. I am O+.

Aragorn
17th June 2015, 04:31
Thank you Aragon. I do understand it now. However, as I said, neither one of my parents had type O as I can remember. I was told by my mother that her father had type O, so I thought it may have skipped a generation as I have it.

Well, no, it doesn't work that way. ;) As I explained, each blood type as it is commonly listed on donor cards or other medical documentation is only the phenotype -- i.e. how it is manifesting in an agglutination test -- but the genotype is actually always comprised of two blood type identifiers. It just so happens to be that O is recessive because it does not cause any agglutination, and the mere presence of either A or B in the genotype in conjuction with O means that a drop of your blood would still agglutinate when the anti-A (or anti-B) antigen is added.

Therefore, it is perfectly possible for your father to have had, say, the A phenotype, and your mother to have had, say, the B phenotype, while you yourself would be having the O phenotype, namely if your father was actually AO and your mother was actually BO, and they both donated an O to you during conception, making you OO.

However, my early life contained errors of omission about many things, which I found out much later. Perhaps the blood type was just another thing that was wrong. Whatever the case, thank you for taking the type to explain it so well.

I wonder if a study was ever done on blood type psychology? When you say recessive I think of my solitude and introversion all my life.

Well, to the question here-above, the answer is "yes", but this research was never official and is highly contested, not to mention completely bogus.

With regard to O being recessive, see my first paragraph. The word "recessive" simply means that O does not agglutinate when either the anti-A or anti-B antigens are added to the drop of blood. Therefore, if someone has, say, the genotype AO, then they have both A and O, and even though the O does not react to the anti-A antigen, A itself always will. By consequence, the test will show agglutination, just as if the person had had the AA genotype.

Maybe I will google this myself and find out if there has been such a study. Also I am O neg. Is there an O positive? I don't know.

Yes, of course. The "positive"/"negative" test is very similar, but it tests for agglutination with another antigen, namely the Rhesus antigen -- named after the Rhesus monkey, in which it was first discovered. So if the blood agglutinates when the Rhesus antigen is added, then you are "positive", and if it doesn't, then you are "negative". ;)

Yes. I am O+.

So am I, Radagast. Maybe it's because we're both from Middle-Earth? :p

MaryMay
24th June 2015, 17:35
Ive read some books and articles over the years, that have helped me so much. At first I didnt realize that some of what I was feeling was not my own.
It could be the neighbors, it could behumanitys thought forms..
Onward I went in a spiritual growh pattern that lead me to do the bubble technique for protection around me. Its like imagining those bubbles you blow as a kid, and put that colourful shiny orb around yourself. It acts a s a buffer. Then you can take steps to expand on it more. Like making it permeable, allowing in the good stuff...

Heres some links:
http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Free-Articles/Emotional-Empath.htm

http://www.drjudithorloff.com/video-archive/highly-sensitive-people-dr-orloff-npr-interview-with-larry-mantle-on-emotional-freedom

http://hsperson.com/

http://thoughtcatalog.com/sophia-borghese/2015/02/21-ways-to-take-care-of-a-highly-sensitive-person/

http://www.rebellesociety.com/2014/07/29/13-awesome-characteristics-of-highly-sensitive-people/

grannyfranny
24th June 2015, 18:58
MaryMay, thank you for the additional and very valuable links. This seems to be a time for more people to be opening their hearts. Consequentially, more people are awakening to HSP. Hopefully within a few generations our overly extraverted society will mellow out.

Liberty
2nd July 2015, 14:44
Dear Aragon,

I am late getting back to you as I did not follow this thread. Thank you for the time explaining it all to me and Modwiz thanks for sharing you are 0 positive. I think I remember you saying that you are sort of a recluse too....am I correct or was it someone else? I do forget details more than I used to.

Whatever the case, I am part of the human race and trying to make sense out of my "journey" and let go of the warts (beliefs) I have accumulated.

Today