PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want to Feed it? Or Starve it? With your Attention

MaryMay
2nd June 2015, 20:59
Today my teacher said in class, What do you want to feed? With your attention on it it will grow or possible actually happen.
Do you want (jade helm for example) to flourish? to continue with whatever the agenda is?

He said universal law is that it will grow or starve depending on your attention to it.
I dont mean this in the basic way we know about, but in relation to what were all learning and discovering lately, I find it very neat and interesting.

Because Ive been really into getting the knowledge, or the disinfo mixed in, but I have to be careful I dont spend too much time on it, or else Im feeding it with my attention.

I had a cooler way to say this earlier, lol but I thought it would be a great topic for us here to share ideas on this and how it relates to these current events and knowledge development...

Hugh Mann
2nd June 2015, 22:34
I believe this is one reason main-stream news focuses on the negative. Heck if it's not true, we'll have the masses manifest it by repeating the same lie over and over. The dumb cattle will never figure it out (sarcasim).

Divine Feminine
3rd June 2015, 00:38
Hi Mary,
Sounds like your teacher might have seen Tomorrowland as what he's saying matches the wolf story I quoted on 'the great experiment' thread recently. It's exciting to hear a teacher bringing up the concept in school. This is knowledge which should be taught to everyone at a young age, imo. It would be interesting to know if this is his idea or is it part of the standard curriculum.

“….there are two wolves, dark and light….which one wins? Whichever you feed.”- Tomorrowland
“Even the tiniest actions can change the future.”- Tomorrowland

An inscription seen on a wall at Tomorrowland:
“Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge”

There is science behind these remarks and what he's saying.

Tanta
3rd June 2015, 10:51
Today my teacher said in class, What do you want to feed? With your attention on it it will grow or possible actually happen.
Do you want (jade helm for example) to flourish? to continue with whatever the agenda is?

He said universal law is that it will grow or starve depending on your attention to it.

Teacher?

Your intention alone has no influence on the intention of others. What most call free will ("free") simply makes it so.

So weather you give it intention or not, it does not directly impact what someone else does or does not do. It does however impact you.

Acting is another story. Doing this or that. Thinking alone is "acting on itself" but even that wont give you a tangible result if there is no physical action associated to it.

If someone wants to hit you on the head it will. Intent all you want for it not to happen, you will get hit. Unless you act.
Intent all you want at becoming better at something or getting something, if that is all you will do (intent), nothing will come of it.

Tanta
3rd June 2015, 14:44
took an English lesson today

attention / intention

nvm

MaryMay
3rd June 2015, 19:54
Hi Mary,
Sounds like your teacher might have seen Tomorrowland as what he's saying matches the wolf story I quoted on 'the great experiment' thread recently. It's exciting to hear a teacher bringing up the concept in school. This is knowledge which should be taught to everyone at a young age, imo. It would be interesting to know if this is his idea or is it part of the standard curriculum.

“….there are two wolves, dark and light….which one wins? Whichever you feed.”- Tomorrowland
“Even the tiniest actions can change the future.”- Tomorrowland

An inscription seen on a wall at Tomorrowland:
“Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge”

There is science behind these remarks and what he's saying.

Hi,
He is a spiritual teacher, this wasnt in school, how cool a school that would be!
That Wolf quote is a Native American one I believe. Which I always thought of as the wolves, that are inside of us.
But the way he presented this was different. These things "outside'' of us can be stopped by not feeding it. I thought was pretty neat, and empowering!

Instead of being in fear and feeling bummed by something weve heard 'wants' to happen like a military takeover/jade helm, or etc., We actually have more power than we realize-
by not focusing on it.

MaryMay
3rd June 2015, 20:04
I believe this is one reason main-stream news focuses on the negative. Heck if it's not true, we'll have the masses manifest it by repeating the same lie over and over. The dumb cattle will never figure it out (sarcasim).

Haha! thats what I mean Hugh!
good one.

MaryMay
3rd June 2015, 20:08
Teacher?

Your intention alone has no influence on the intention of others. What most call free will ("free") simply makes it so.

So weather you give it intention or not, it does not directly impact what someone else does or does not do. It does however impact you.

Acting is another story. Doing this or that. Thinking alone is "acting on itself" but even that wont give you a tangible result if there is no physical action associated to it.

If someone wants to hit you on the head it will. Intent all you want for it not to happen, you will get hit. Unless you act.
Intent all you want at becoming better at something or getting something, if that is all you will do (intent), nothing will come of it.

I see what youre saying.. Have action With intent to get something done.
I don't know, but we are all learning how to use our minds, and practicing with them. So if I go, I intend to be safe today, then I send out those vibes. Then I could follow it up w action, like u say, by listening to not go down that alley, or something..

RealityCreation
4th June 2015, 00:01
Hi,
He is a spiritual teacher, this wasnt in school, how cool a school that would be!
That Wolf quote is a Native American one I believe. Which I always thought of as the wolves, that are inside of us.
But the way he presented this was different. These things "outside'' of us can be stopped by not feeding it. I thought was pretty neat, and empowering!

Instead of being in fear and feeling bummed by something weve heard 'wants' to happen like a military takeover/jade helm, or etc., We actually have more power than we realize-
by not focusing on it.

Yes you are correct, Mary May. There are a few variations of the Native Indian parable or metaphor but this one is fairly representative of them all:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed,arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies,
false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

—A Native American Metaphor
http://www.carolhansengrey.com

grannyfranny
4th June 2015, 13:45
This is a new concept for me: feeding or starving a thought. I love it, love it, love it. Sort of a weight watchers technique for too many pounds of spiritual negativity. Makes me giggle with delight as I plan on integrating it in my morning wake up response. It may be more helpful than pain meds for my chronic pain syndrome. For years I have done lots of cheerleader style self talk but this strategy is better: feed it or starve it and then giggle at the simplicity of it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart MaryMay!

jimmer
4th June 2015, 19:18
sooo, if we look away and pay it no attention, jade helm and other nasty things will go away? really?

or do we protest and throw rocks?

or do we simply organize and vote the b*stards out?

grannyfranny
4th June 2015, 23:49
sooo, if we look away and pay it no attention, jade helm and other nasty things will go away? really?

Absolutely not. I am just so emotionally ugly in the morning that I cursed a robber away when my roommate forgot to lock the door. Of course we should be paying attention and doing what we can about TPP, The Patriot Act/Freedom Act, Citizens United Supreme Court decision etc. But we must let go of the looch (sp) and not let it build up for the Archons.

Right now we do not know if Jade Helm will be the normal training exercise or not. We can not allow disinfo people to turn on our fear and hate meters. For all we know this could be a diversion while they bomb the Middle East. IMO anyway.

MaryMay
5th June 2015, 16:35

or do we protest and throw rocks?

or do we simply organize and vote the b*stards out?

I know, right.
But this is the concept Im were working with.
Its like building the new ship instead of focusing on sinking the old.
I do think we all have different talents or skills or missions towards this, but it sure makes me feel better and uplifts me thinking we do have some power in this mess.

He said form a spiritual perspective if we ignore things/starve them they will eventually 'go away'

I dont mean be unsafe and stuff, but lets realize how many hours a day do we give to the negative thoughts? How many hours a day do we give to the new ship of what we want in our world?

MaryMay
5th June 2015, 16:36
This is a new concept for me: feeding or starving a thought. I love it, love it, love it. Sort of a weight watchers technique for too many pounds of spiritual negativity. Makes me giggle with delight as I plan on integrating it in my morning wake up response. It may be more helpful than pain meds for my chronic pain syndrome. For years I have done lots of cheerleader style self talk but this strategy is better: feed it or starve it and then giggle at the simplicity of it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart MaryMay!

You're welcome!
How cool is that. Im glad I was able to describe the concept some!
Spiritual weight watchers! love it.

Dreamtimer
12th June 2015, 14:37
Tanta, I've been reading your posts with great interest. I like your comment about intent coupled with action. I've listened to some interesting people talk about how intention can affect probabilities. There can be a cumulative effect over time. It occurs within the natural margin of error. So, there's a plus or minus x chance of something occurring. With focused intent over multiple chance opportunities, there is a trend in the direction of the intent. Each time, things fall in, say, the plus range. Small increments. This sounds like it's related to the power of thought.

As I've stated on other threads, my focus has been on action. Acting on insight, intention, information, etc.

Hmm, they all start w/'in'.

Dreamtimer
12th June 2015, 14:46
Robert Moss is my favorite person who works with dreams. One of the things he says is that the great stories are looking for the right person/people to tell them.

He also talks about how to feed the animal spirit you need as a guide. For instance, he's close with the bear because of dreams and healing. But he called on the mountain lion to help him when he went on a trip to higher elevations. Feeding the 'animal' you're working with may mean living and eating in ways that this animal can relate to.

There aren't just wolves inside of us.