PDA

View Full Version : The next big thing.

jimmer
2nd June 2015, 19:07
when I read this UK article, I couldn't believe it.

this new product appears to be real and ready for launch.

step right up to get your brain zapped. (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/thync-company-launches-moodchanging-wearable-that-zaps-brains-10292052.html)

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article10292062.ece/alternates/w620/thync.jpg

Rebel&Rocket
2nd June 2015, 19:15
That is horrifying. Although, I have to admit, there have been times I've fantasized about such a thing for a very rambunctious, insomniac 2yo I gave birth to.... (I swear I would never!)

Aragorn
2nd June 2015, 19:30
Humanity 2.0 ®

Comes with all of the bugs of version 1.0, but introduces a number of new ones, and some interesting security hazards too.
Highly recommended for Borg wannabes and corporate drones.
Version 2.1 will offer custom personality types, such as Psychopathic Corporate Executive™, Charismatic Political Orator™, Religious Zealot™ and Ultra-Nationalist Patriot™.

jimmer
2nd June 2015, 19:53
That is horrifying. Although, I have to admit, there have been times I've fantasized about such a thing for a very rambunctious, insomniac 2yo I gave birth to.... (I swear I would never!)

you mean, strap the thync unit to your wee one?

at times, I bet that would be a tough decision :eyebrows:

modwiz
2nd June 2015, 20:30
Something new for useless eaters to fund corporate profits. Just brilliant!

jimmer
2nd June 2015, 22:15
can you imagine the fine print:

mess around with one's brain at the user's risk.

Aragorn
2nd June 2015, 22:33
can you imagine the fine print:

mess around with one's brain at the user's risk.

Undoubtedly soon to be followed by messages along the lines of...

"We have detected that you were thinking about a copyrighted subject for which you do not own a contemplation license. You must now purchase a contemplation license within ten days. Non-compliance with this law makes you eligible for legal action against yourself and any person with whom you have discussed said subject without a license to do so." :p

grannyfranny
2nd June 2015, 22:39
OMG Aragon, version 2.1 sounds divine. (snicker, snicker) When will version 3.1 be released? Can I get a 3-D printer and make bejeweled covers for it to match your outfit or add a mood ring component so people can observe your mood. Of course you should have the rights to make the Psychopathic Corporate Executive™ model with real jewels for the 1% crowd.

Aragorn
2nd June 2015, 22:47
OMG Aragon, version 2.1 sounds divine. (snicker, snicker) When will version 3.1 be released?

As soon as it is found that version 3.0 has more bugs than features. :p

Can I get a 3-D printer and make bejeweled covers for it to match your outfit or add a mood ring component so people can observe your mood.

3D printers are passé. We are now moving towards 5D printers. Mood colorization will be added in version 2.3, with a blinking effect for mood swings. :p

Of course you should have the rights to make the Psychopathic Corporate Executive™ model with real jewels for the 1% crowd.

Unfortunately, that patent was already granted to a recently formed for-profit corporation founded by Christine Lagarde and Hillary Rodham Clinton. :p

grannyfranny
2nd June 2015, 23:58
He, he he. Thanks for your reply!!!

Rebel&Rocket
3rd June 2015, 03:31
you mean, strap the thync unit to your wee one?

at times, I bet that would be a tough decision :eyebrows:

Yes, that part about zapping you to sleep....about 12:30am last night I might have actually considered it. Someone told me a new dad wrote a bedtime book called...."Go the F*** to Sleep!" I never laughed so hard. I could completely relate.