PDA

View Full Version : Advise on Overcoming Guilt and Self Forgiveness

Hugh Mann
31st May 2015, 13:17
I have been practicing meditation for on and off for several years and my largest obstacle in letting go is learning how to overcome guilt and self-forgiveness. I don't have any problems forgiving others, in fact I have moved past forgiving others by giving them absolution (there's nothing to forgive). Why can't I do the same for myself? I seem to have hit a brick wall.

Any tips on how to put the garbage behind me would be greatly appreciated.

Dreamtimer
31st May 2015, 14:47
My suggestion is to accept yourself as human, we come with flaws and are constantly learning, and focus on your progress in life rather than your mistakes. In other words, did you learn and grow from your mistakes? Did you try to learn and do better? Did you give yourself time? Being patient with oneself is hard, in my experience.

My husband has been struggling with guilt for many years. His love for me helps him. He doesn't love himself so much which is why, in my opinion, it's such a struggle.

What do you like about yourself? Have you changed others lives, or days, in a good way?

You give others absolution. I'm not sure you can do that for yourself. But you can learn, do better, be kind and loving and accept that you're human and therefore prone to screwing up sometimes.

If you're not human then perhaps you should disregard my advice.;)

jonsnow
31st May 2015, 16:27
old man at the tide pool exercise

it is great work through any guilt forgives issues forces them out to deal with and resolves them this is from Medical Qigong

for a detailed exercise go to a Medical Qigong Doctor or email me for rough version only one rule not to hate me before or after exercise it is very powerful

I do not wish to post medical qigong knowledge on this form or any form lol

Cearna
1st June 2015, 03:42
This solves, whose to blame in life. If it's yourself, OK, let this go. If it is to some one else, then there is no guilt to yourself, in which case, your only input, is to clear the feelings it engendered in yourself. If it was close to being a bit of both of you, then isn't this what Life is?

The first link to a bent of yours is : you are here in a role to seek giving. You will not find your soul Life, until you are able to disseminate the first rule of Life, which is do not cause any one else harm". Your Soul will keep you involved in this kind of happening, until you are able to realise whose fault it is. Just to give up, like first of all, "I am not to blame", then you are lieing to yourself.

If instead there is no sorry, inside yourself, you are not to clear of what took place, for you are not to know what takes place in another person's Life, before this took place - if it is some right of theirs to speak in the role of who they are, then in your right to ask, you should live in no other's moccassins, but you are sheltering in some one else's, as long as they are imposing their will upon yourself. This is not to be accepted, by yourself, for your right to live, depends on your right to allow others to as well. If indeed, you were not the intended one to do harm, then it is now that Soul Life comes into play, and you are to claim your own sovereignty to be in your Soul role.

In the role of giving to others, you are not their whipping boy/girl, so don't ever accept their pulling you into into fighting about the facts of Life according to themselves, for your own Soul and Higher Self are the only one's who know what you are seeking on this issue. If this is the case, then input to yourself, is all in this you need, for straight away, will attempt to link to you to show, what this was, that you are seeking to find. If after these actions took place, you allow a very quiet time, and risk the first few minutes, your Soul will seek all the minute details, of similar occasions, will find the most appropriate one, for your Sovereignty is not to be set upon by any other person, who considers they know more than you do about your role in Life.

This is one part only in the dissemination of your role in Life.

Cearna
1st June 2015, 04:58
My largest obstacle in letting go is learning how to overcome guilt and self-forgiveness. I don't have any problems forgiving others, in fact I have moved past forgiving others by giving them absolution (there's nothing to forgive). Why can't I do the same for myself? I seem to have hit a brick wall.

Any tips on how to put the garbage behind me would be greatly appreciated.

Hugh, the next topic, is your actions in Life.

The first thing that comes to mind, is, are you aware, of what you are meant to be giving to others, now? If not, then this is why as yet, you are unable to forgive yourself. We are nothing more to each other, than a signpost to others, of what we each need to look for and against.

This world outside us is being entrapped in the belief systems of others. These others who work against Light are constantly working to prove to themselves that, what they do has no guilt, and it is every one else who is wrong. Thus we find in history since I was born, I won't go back further, because it is just the same thing. Some, who had the means, and the will to foment a war, in some ways of attrition for what had happened to them, since the time before this. They held beliefs, that others, could not aspire to, so we had a war. After the wars their is always a period of suddenly letting go of all inhibitions against the norms of Society, such is the relief of the end of oppression, and the need to fill in with lost Life. There was a period of huge growth at first, because so much had been lost, many had a chance of getting financially better off for a while and let of steam. Hence the Hippy Movement (the time before we call the Charlston Era, music changed and so did the morals of the previous generation. So freedom of expression in a whole new way. With crime gone, from the prohibition of liquor, the crime bosses needed a new source of dragging people into their net, so drugs were introduced.

so, here I'll get to the point, something was needed to create guilt in as many as possible, with prohibition comes guilt. Many, now suffering over the pangs of guilt from, somehow using something Society had previously prohibited (sex, liquor, drugs, and whatever else) and have fought this pattern within themselves, now are facing themselves in a way, most others will not.

First of all, if you can can gain your Astrological chart, do you need drugs, or whatever to clear your role to a healthier state of happiness with yourself? Look for the following links to addiction - look for Pisces in the first or last house - look for your solid beating of a drum against this particular addiction, if it reeks of getting to do your own things against the social norms, then in fact Saturn is your trap to life and it will usually be in its rightful place in your Sun Sign next to your Ascendant, in which case, you may take on an addiction, but your Saturn will not allow you to succumb completely - this is whose in charge, you are, and you will live past this, to know whose to claim yourself, back again, or you will give in to rapid decline into the bowels of hell in your emotions, since you are not doing what you are supposed to and are capable of.

If an entire family heats the pot in this addiction, then it is your Karma, to resist this in every way, and send no love to whoever helped you to become embroiled in this, once again, for you are all convicted of giving up on yourself, as well as refusing to heal and care enough to solve what this is about. Your Soul will then not allow another life of self-degradation for you and all concerned. Your Soul wants to save you from any more like this, but is prepared to say enough is enough, if you make no effort.

Now to what some of you are in cost of ; the finding of guilt, takes itself to some mire, you are not to get to your Soul as long as there is still some justification, within yourself that yourself is the hero. Now in your statement I have moved past forgiving others by giving them absolution (there's nothing to forgive) this allows you to feel good about yourself, and so life is OK for them now, so how is it that in this sense you felt they were to blame, so you had to forgive them (for they did nothing wrong) and you at the same time feel you were to blame. there is more to this than you are acknowledging to yourself. You are still not in this case telling it truthfully still to yourself. Hence, the stumbling block. This is where in justice to yourself, it was only my fault, so in this case forgiveness to them is not the fullness of love, you are only partly ready to put their blame away. In this case you are not to know whose fault it was, in which case let it rest, and do what we were taught when a was learning to become a Rebirther. This is about the size of it:-

At some time in your first 7 years, something happened that was so traumatic to you, that you made a decision about Life (one of the most likely is that no one will ever love me , or , I do not deserve to exist). After this time you seem to be shown over again that your decision was right, and you go on to live in one way or another according to that decision. Often the trauma is so great, that only under some kind of therapy with some one who make you feel safe, will you allow yourself to know what happened. Well in Rebirthing, when you reach the Catharsis, we then can assure you that whatever happened when you were young and did not have the tools to know what to do and how to cope, so you made a decision then, which later brought about what you feel guilty about. However, you are no longer the person, who made the decision, nor are you the same person, you feel guilt about, you have grown up, and you now have insight and tool in which to live in a different way. So that younger one, who didn't know you should be able to forgive and get on with your Life in the new Adult way.

As for how to get rid of the garbage, I will hunt out my answer to Altaira on this for you, but the thread itself is very helpful in this. I will add the link when I find it.

http://jandeane81.com/threads/5516-Experiencing-higher-vibrations

Back to the giving to others, when you sort this out, I am sure you will find an answer for yourself, you can then throw the garbage out, and heal yourself, I always offer in this time the giving of energies to any one in need of them. See about it in the healing thread below.

http://jandeane81.com/threads/960-For-those-who-have-received-energies-during-the-time-of-TOT

Then I suggest you decide that what you have gone through is your key to what you can give to others in their same need.

all the best to you love Colleen

Hugh Mann
2nd June 2015, 23:04
Hugh, the next topic, is your actions in Life.

At some time in your first 7 years, something happened that was so traumatic to you, that you made a decision about Life (one of the most likely is that no one will ever love me , or , I do not deserve to exist).

You pretty much nailed it. I didn't have a very happy childhood. My family unit was about as dysfunctional as it could get but probably normal by today's standards. I took a lot of crap in school too.

I'll continue practicing meditation. It has helped my in more ways than I can count so far.

BTW, many thanks to those who responded. It is very much appreciated.

Windancer
3rd June 2015, 01:19
Hugh Man, Can relate big time...try to envision wrapping yourself in a BIG blanket of love and light and forgive yourself as "hugh man". IF there are ones you are guilty about, wrap them in love and light also, wishing them well and to possibly stand on own (Just using this as an example, not sure what guilt is over) Doing this exercise a couple times a day helps to heal yourself and whomever has/is affecting you. The best you can do with yourself.....wrap ya up in Love n Light...feel the warmth and forgive...
Sorry if I repeated, just seen this quickly and wanted to add my 2 cents...LOL
Love and Light to ya!

johnjen325
3rd June 2015, 09:49
3 things…

Ho o'ponopono
Learn to forgive and release your contribution(s) to that which is present in your life.

We are here to experience what our customized life experiences can teach us.
To learn from 'mistakes' is the highest and best thing we can do with the subsequent, resultant "guilt" etc.

Making mistakes is one of the most powerful and 'quickest' ways of learning the life lessons we are presented with.
To not learn and not take full advantage of life's lessons means we haven't fully learned those lessons, and so they will continue to be a factor in our lives. In one way or another.
Once we grok their 'full' meaning they cease to be lessons needing further work.

IOW we are here to learn, in an idealized, customized learning environment.
We are SUPPOSED to make mistakes, because we are on the fast track.
When you can embrace this, it makes it much easier to forgive yourself.

Lastly does your curiosity include learning what kind and in what ways does our heart (physical and energetic) contribute to our 'reality bubble'?

By focusing our attention (conscious awareness) on our heart, in its entirety, we help re-balance ourselves, and in ways that can be unexpectedly welcome, in due course.
This primal, essential, portion of ourselves has been ignored (obfuscated?) for far to long.
It is also one of our sources of power (some say the most powerful), and is a gift with immense capability.

JJ