PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring advice from a mentally insane person

MrCasual
10th May 2015, 23:45
My hero!

When asked... 'What's your most adventurous memory?'

He responded... 'This, I remember this! This is an adventure. This is the memory.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUTYHlnQhmc

InCiDeR
10th May 2015, 23:50
insane

adjective
not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
of, relating to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged:
insane actions; an insane asylum.
utterly senseless:
an insane plan.

---

Hmmm, wouldn't exactly call him insane. But I guess the meaning and definition of the word is colored by my own filters and is fluid and in constant motion.

MrCasual
11th May 2015, 00:00
insane

adjective
not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.
of, relating to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged:
insane actions; an insane asylum.
utterly senseless:
an insane plan.

---

Hmmm, wouldn't exactly call him insane. But I guess the meaning and definition of the word is colored by my own filters and is fluid and in constant motion.

Indeed, I heard nothing but wisdom listing to him.

Dreamtimer
11th May 2015, 00:05
Interesting how a good message can be gleaned from the words of a crazy man...

Of course, things aren't what they seem. He performs in Brooklyn next week.

bsbray
11th May 2015, 06:17
Yeah, I've seen a serious interview with this guy and he isn't crazy. Or at least he didn't start out that way. He may have intentionally made himself "crazy," for the benefit of others, if I can put it that way.

Aianawa
11th May 2015, 06:19
Lol I know that facebook loved him, many shares, one laughs, one shares

Flyover
13th May 2015, 18:32
Well either way, sane or an acting job, the short responses speak volumes.

pointessa
13th May 2015, 19:41
He seem's to have more wisdom than most folks I know. As a nurse I have worked in psych and detox facilities and came to the decision that most of those we call insane are perhaps too aware, too finely wired and gifted with perceptions and sensations most will never experience. We are afraid of them because they cannot imitate our insane society, and our response to them is to kill their gifts with mind numbing drugs. I have a lot of empathy for the "insane" and am also aware that I am just a sliver away from being there myself.

Dreamtimer
13th May 2015, 22:30
I've heard stories that came from many different American Indian tribes about how the "insane" were looked at as gifted, and in closer touch with the spirit(s). They were more revered than feared. Children and the insane can see truth in ways many of the rest of us can't.

ctiger2
14th May 2015, 01:18
He's not insane. Politicians are insane. If this guy was president there'd be no wars.