PDA

View Full Version : Our Friends, the Wolves

shamanseeker
21st April 2015, 13:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06H_6oI4EK4

This is dedicated to wolves so dearly loved by our brothers, the Native Americans and essential for the well-being and health of our planet and its delicate food chain. They are talking of introducing more wolves into the country here in Italy and the hunters are spreading the usual panic as a result.

I teach a very special 14-year-old who often wears a t-shirt with the image of a wolf on it. After Halloween, last year, she told me she had gone down to the lake before meeting her friends in the dark on Halloween. I told her it was not a good idea to go down to the lake on her own in the dark at Halloween in an area described as the Fortress of Freemasonry when on dates like this there are often ritual murders reported in the newspapers (even if they are not generally called this).

She told me with wonder in her eyes and words of how a wolf had followed her very closely. I asked if she was afraid and she said no. There is no way a wolf would be found in this part of the country. This wolf was her totem and was protecting her.

I hope you enjoy this music.

See Highland's lovely thread about the few wolves which were re-introduced into a national park in the United States and the astonishing result of this.

mojo
21st April 2015, 17:15
I can share a wolf story. It happened back in '82, in Denali Park. I was camped along the banks of the Teklanika River and sitting watching the campfire a wolf came up and sat across the fire from me. I peered at him and his yellow eyes peered back. My friend was putting equipment away nearby and when I called over to tell her what was visiting, he disappeared in an instant. But I will never forget that short connection of our eyes and the closeness through the flames of the campfire.

Seikou-Kishi
21st April 2015, 19:03
Genetic evidence indicates that the domesticated dog and the wolf are the same species, so maybe they're man's best friend :-)

shamanseeker
22nd April 2015, 10:13
I can share a wolf story. It happened back in '82, in Denali Park. I was camped along the banks of the Teklanika River and sitting watching the campfire a wolf came up and sat across the fire from me. I peered at him and his yellow eyes peered back. My friend was putting equipment away nearby and when I called over to tell her what was visiting, he disappeared in an instant. But I will never forget that short connection of our eyes and the closeness through the flames of the campfire.

What a wonderful experience, Mojo! I've had a similar experience up on the mountain behind here with a chamois deer which is one of the highlights of my life. I'd love to have even a small time in communication with a wolf :) Thanks for sharing your story.

Tonz
22nd April 2015, 13:31
In my time of discovering myself a little, i was drawn into meditations that involved an eagle. couldn't help but fall into a bit of a trance (sorta) where all i could see was through the eyes of this eagle , the respiration and the feeling of the wind in flight,it was a specific place, in the mountains . i could feel everything it could , it was simple , not complex, just clear,its vision moved but not with aggression ,its thoughts were also the same or very similar , just a focus , no chatta or confusions, just clear sight with a knowingness and acceptance of its place in the world. The visual often was with attention on the outer wing tips in clear view at all times and the attention from the wind affecting them.when looking strait ahead ,The shoulders could also be seen at all times but not the wings until the tips as they are extended and fall into the side vision. The experience was repeated often and the enviroment changed at times but generally in the same valley of which it lived.

Dont mean to side track but i would imagine that if one focused enough we could have similar experiences with wolves. Perhaps its the state of mind at the time that helps us to connect to the animal world, or perhaps them to us!

sandancer
22nd April 2015, 17:32
Thank you shamanseeker for that wonderful piece of music , I felt the hairs on my neck rise and have 'goosebumps' listening !

A few years ago I was looking for a picture for my wall I found a lovely shop and the first one I saw was a magnificent enlarged photo of a wolf looking from behind a tree, the lady told me it was award winning and she only had the one ! It was a lot of money more than I really wanted to spend , but as I went round the shop his eyes followed me and I knew I had to buy it , I'm sitting looking at him now . Then two years ago my daughter and her partner visited Canada and met a wolf who had been adopted by a family who ran a dog sledding company and were commited to careful breeding of their Huskies . They had the opportunity to meet the wolf whose name is Shaman , took photos and sent them back to me . Oh I was so jealous , "You stroked a wolf !"

Now these two watch over me and I believe are my protectors , I talk to them every day and thank them for being part of my life .

Dreamtimer
23rd April 2015, 00:01
We need the wolves. The river banks are healthy when wolves are around. We don't have deer overpopulation when wolves are around. We didn't do ourselves any favors by nearly killing them off.

shamanseeker
24th April 2015, 14:21
In my time of discovering myself a little, i was drawn into meditations that involved an eagle. couldn't help but fall into a bit of a trance (sorta) where all i could see was through the eyes of this eagle , the respiration and the feeling of the wind in flight,it was a specific place, in the mountains . i could feel everything it could , it was simple , not complex, just clear,its vision moved but not with aggression ,its thoughts were also the same or very similar , just a focus , no chatta or confusions, just clear sight with a knowingness and acceptance of its place in the world. The visual often was with attention on the outer wing tips in clear view at all times and the attention from the wind affecting them.when looking strait ahead ,The shoulders could also be seen at all times but not the wings until the tips as they are extended and fall into the side vision. The experience was repeated often and the enviroment changed at times but generally in the same valley of which it lived.

Dont mean to side track but i would imagine that if one focused enough we could have similar experiences with wolves. Perhaps its the state of mind at the time that helps us to connect to the animal world, or perhaps them to us!

Thanks Tonz! Sounds wonderful! I'd love to feel I was an eagle even though I suffer from vertigo :) Maybe it would be a way to overcome my vertigo! I had a student once who often felt she was a black jaguar - an experience I would just love! She described how she would run down through the forest in South America. She could smell all the perfumes and smells and could feel the earth between the pads of her paws!

shamanseeker
24th April 2015, 14:23
Thank you shamanseeker for that wonderful piece of music , I felt the hairs on my neck rise and have 'goosebumps' listening !

A few years ago I was looking for a picture for my wall I found a lovely shop and the first one I saw was a magnificent enlarged photo of a wolf looking from behind a tree, the lady told me it was award winning and she only had the one ! It was a lot of money more than I really wanted to spend , but as I went round the shop his eyes followed me and I knew I had to buy it , I'm sitting looking at him now . Then two years ago my daughter and her partner visited Canada and met a wolf who had been adopted by a family who ran a dog sledding company and were commited to careful breeding of their Huskies . They had the opportunity to meet the wolf whose name is Shaman , took photos and sent them back to me . Oh I was so jealous , "You stroked a wolf !"

Now these two watch over me and I believe are my protectors , I talk to them every day and thank them for being part of my life .

Thanks sundancer! I'm sure they are your protectors - and that you have one or more wolves as a totem :)

shamanseeker
15th June 2015, 15:27
Hi! I've decided to continue talking about our friends, the Wolves who are at the top of the food chain on land. I feel so strongly at the moment that Mother Earth is calling out for us to put them back into their sacred position there. The Italians want to do this but of course the hunters are stirring people up into a state of fear with the hope of being able to kill them. I don't think they'll be allowed to do this this time. I believe the same thing applies for the whales who are at the top of the food chain in our seas.

I'm posting a couple of more celtic pieces of music composed for the wolves. We need to send out good thoughts to them - positive thought forms which will allow what Mother Earth is asking for to happen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U62YkXZNs8M&list=RDwj9jkVQS-No&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj9jkVQS-No

Some images of real, moving wolves - some of creation's most beautiful beings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmOtXSAr1M

Dreamtimer
15th June 2015, 15:40
This music (so far) is wonderful. Thank you for continuing your postings. The celt and the viking in me really like it. (The rest too:))

Wolves are loyal, smart, brilliant at teamwork, loving, I could go on. To me, it's an ugly force that leads people to exterminate them. We can protect ourselves and our assets without obliterating them. It's a lack of intelligence and wisdom that leads people to try to decimate them.

We call dogs man's best friend. We should recognize and honor their origin.

shamanseeker
18th June 2015, 15:14
Thank you for your post, Dreamtimer. You really moved me! Like you, I feel such great love for these animals. I'm sure our positive thoughts can help them.