PDA

View Full Version : No Gold in Fort Knox?

Sooz
1st October 2013, 07:35
Hi All,

This is a snip from a financial newsletter I subscribe to.

i.e., it IS a financial newsletter, albeit from crazy Oz mavericks. I've edited out all the other stuff.

What do you make of it?

VERY interesting....lol....

Sooz

'The Gold in Fort Knox?

This reminds me of a story - a true story, no less. I was in the Pentagon, some years ago, in the days of the Bush II-administration. It was E-Ring stuff. I was in the very spacious office of a very senior guy in the US Air Force. We were discussing energy issues, particularly Air Force programs to spur a US 'synthetic fuel' industry.

Our discussion touched issues of government funding of private industrial development, and questions about who owns the intellectual property (IP). New energy-development technology has national security implications. Should the IP go into the public domain? Or do we keep parts of it classified?

One of the military staffers at the table spoke up, and said, with a downbeat voice, 'I don't know if we can keep this kind of tech classified. We're terrible at keeping these things under wraps for long.'

As everyone around the table nodded in agreement, I decided to test their hearing.

I said, 'That's true. Really, the only two national secrets we've ever been able to keep are about those space aliens, and the captured flying saucer in Area 51, and that there's no gold in Fort Knox.'

The room went quiet. You could hear a pin drop. The senior Air Force guy leaned over the table, and looked right at me. He said, 'Really? There's no gold in Fort Knox?'

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

Byron King
Contributing Editor, Money Morning'

Spiral
1st October 2013, 08:06
I thought everyone knew there was no gold in Fort Knox ?

Sooz
1st October 2013, 08:10
Well, those in the 'know' know.

But how many people in mainstream would put that out in a financial newsletter, is my point.

Spiral
1st October 2013, 08:13
Its been on the News....

http://youtu.be/KmrHXP-uTSE

Calz
1st October 2013, 08:18

The aliens made off with it ...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41zJQXtlQiL.jpg

Spiral
1st October 2013, 08:22
The Fed claims they aint got it either !

http://youtu.be/Lu32deAm_n8

Sooz
1st October 2013, 08:30
The aliens made off with it ...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41zJQXtlQiL.jpg

Well there is more to that, if truth be told...

Sooz
1st October 2013, 10:33

I think everyone missed the point....

The writer mentioned aliens and area 51, yet the other person only responded to the bit about no gold in Fort Knox...

Capiche?

Edit: This was a conversation in the Pentagon.

Sooz
1st October 2013, 10:59

The writer mentioned aliens and area 51, yet the other person only responded to the bit about no gold in Fort Knox...

Capiche?

I think my message got lost on this post. :tea:

Oh well....

Spiral
1st October 2013, 11:54

Capiche?

Well its actually four things, the first three being common knowledge and not having quite the personal day to day ramifications that no gold reserves for a country that can no longer pay its way would/should have.

I said, 'That's true. Really, the only two national secrets we've ever been able to keep are about those space aliens(1), and the captured flying saucer(2) in Area 51(3), and that there's no gold in Fort Knox.'(4)

1st October 2013, 12:02
I think my message got lost on this post. :tea:

Oh well....

Not at all, it demonstrates validity in the notion that the dollar is a fiat currency with nothing of substance to back it up. Calz's little ditty about the aliens making off with it is not too far from the truth as i see it. It's always been bashed about forums like this that the annunaki use us as a slave mining race for gold that it's people need to protect them from the sun in their atmosphere. Much as I don't buy into that I think it's a given that the planet's gold has largely disappeared and this has been proven by it's ever increasing value on the markets. Scarcity = high prices and they're going up again. this implies that there is not a reserve that would otherwise keep that price down.

So it's got to have gone somewhere off planet OR hidden on planet whereupon it can't effect the market value.

Spiral
1st October 2013, 12:18
So it's got to have gone somewhere off planet OR hidden on planet whereupon it can't effect the market value.

The Chinese Gov have got some gold mines, and non of it goes up for sale & no body has any idea how much they have hoarded away.

Hoarded = dragon = reptillian = :holysheep: