PDA

View Full Version : Massive Sunken City on the bottom of Lake Ontario?

Jade
31st March 2015, 23:39
Years ago, while looking at maps on the internet, I came across what I thought to be a strange feature on the floor of Lake Ontario. I've shown it to a few friends and so far the explanations I have heard or managed to think of don't really do the trick for me. You will notice running roughly east to west a rectangle pattern covering over 90 square miles of 20, 10ish mile long parallel lines that look to be almost engraved into the floor of the lake. Also, if you look closely, just above the bottom right edge of the formation is a small circular area, maybe a mile in diameter. Off the upper and eastern edge of the pattern of lines, maybe 2 miles away is what looks to be a rectangle shape, maybe a mile and a half long but narrow, protruding from the "dunes", facing east to west. If you would like you can find it yourself, go to Google Maps, paste this 43 33'03.5"N 76 54'08.3"W click on earth view and watch it appear before your eyes. Alternately you can use these coordinates 43.551080, -76.903232

http://tcc.customer.sentex.ca/LOD/lake_ontario.jpg

717seethelight
1st April 2015, 06:26
thank you for the interesting post Jade

Novusod
1st April 2015, 06:46
The lines appear to be too wide to be roads or city blocks. They would be 100s of meters wide. With that being said it does not appear to be natural. It could be a prehistoric mining operation or perhaps irrigation.

Jade
1st April 2015, 12:22
The lines appear to be too wide to be roads or city blocks. They would be 100s of meters wide. With that being said it does not appear to be natural. It could be a prehistoric mining operation or perhaps irrigation.

That was another of my considerations, some type of ancient mining facility.

Jade
1st April 2015, 12:23
thank you for the interesting post Jade

You are very welcome.

universalLove
24th April 2015, 04:17
I believe much of the best evidence for ancient civilizations is underwater considering coastal change. Water destroys things completely on land. We can not always expect to see detailed intact ruins like off the cost of Japan. Underwater drumlins based on glacier movement are the official explanation for this. It does appear too perfect for that explanation. I like your mining idea, makes me want to go scuba diving to find out! Considering the line length one would think there would be more mention of this feature on the net. With the bottom of the lakes covered in so sedimentary muck they are likely far deeper than they appear on google earth which makes irrigation / canals a possibility. Perhaps the idea was mine the coastline for resources which creates canals for irrigation and/or travel, (What a great & efficient method for extracting resources vs our current strip mining methods of digging big holes in the ground). I wish there was a simple program like google earth that would allow us to turn back the geological clock with ease. If anyone has herd of such a software please post info as it would be an invaluable research tool. Great find Jade, thanks for sharing.

lift the veil
24th April 2015, 11:55
At 23:27 the latest episode of Hangar 1 talks about USO incidents associated with the Great Lakes. They mention that there are more disappearances associated with this region than with the Bermuda Triangle, which has led the area to become known as the Great Lakes Triangle.

My question is, why so much USO activity in the area? Maybe there are vast USO bases on the bottom of the lakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhvVKMYXf0M

Jade
24th April 2015, 15:21
Thanks UniversalLove and lift the veil. I have been looking for other information on this formation and have never come across any, or even another person who knows anything about it. I live in this region, ten miles away and would love to see some exploring done! Glaciers don't create 10 mile long perfectly parallel lines in such a perfect pattern, try to find this same feature anywhere else on the globe. Then we have the mile and a half wide perfectly circular object and the 3 mile long narrow rectangle protrusion, to say this is natural to me seems highly unlikely. So, I would also LOVE to get the scuba gear on and check this out, though I think it is around 1000 feet or so. Even being able to look at higher resolution maps would be great.

universalLove
24th April 2015, 22:19
Your welcome Jade. Conveniently, detailed maps and images of odd things on earth see hard to come by. Lol 1000ft dive will not work for regular scuba. What about setting up cameras to catch an underwater UFO?!

Jade
1st May 2015, 16:43
It would be great to go down in a submersible, even unmanned would be nice. If some serious research was done, higher quality photos taken, sonar or what ever they have to use.... In my opinion this could possibly lead to some tremendous discoveries or revelations about the past. Thinking that something like this was made naturally, to me, is pretty idiotic. Try to find something similar at this scale anywhere else on the globe. Also, imagine if the lake and sediment were not there. This would easily be clearly seen from space. I have my own assumptions about what we are looking at, but hearing other people say what they think is always good.

modwiz
1st May 2015, 16:48
I have my own assumptions about what we are looking at, but hearing other people say what they think is always good.

We are looking at a distraction from focusing on the here and now and the problems that face us. The answer does not lie on the bottom of a lake.

Jade
1st May 2015, 16:48
Your welcome Jade. Conveniently, detailed maps and images of odd things on earth see hard to come by. Lol 1000ft dive will not work for regular scuba. What about setting up cameras to catch an underwater UFO?!

Also, I forgot to mention. This area has always been a hotbed of UFO sightings, mostly over the lake.

Jade
1st May 2015, 16:53
We are looking at a distraction from focusing on the here and now and the problems that face us. The answer does not lie on the bottom of a lake.

Believe me, I know the value of your point. Being an explorer at heart this type of thing has always fascinated me, considering this is the Archeology thread it would seem a good place to discuss these discoveries. We are always going to have problems both personal and as a civilization, solving them being one of the most important activities we can engage in, but dwelling on issues and current events while not allowing the kid in us to seek things we enjoy will only result in more personal dysfunction.

bsbray
1st May 2015, 17:05
Then there's this off the coast of Malibu too:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=0CAkQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmissiongalacticfreedom.files.word press.com%2F2014%2F05%2Funderwater-base-california.jpg%3Fw%3D540%26h%3D325&ei=6rBDVYP8DYeNsAWihIGABA&psig=AFQjCNHD7gboJWK-l_3TgjRzU3NyM3BQvQ&ust=1430585962312324

http://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/b2e6599a57f435e73f14fe64c7693fbd.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4tVWV6uEIjs/hqdefault.jpg

This was apparently found for the first time on Google Earth a few months ago and obviously it looks like a big artificial, underwater structure. And by big, I mean this thing is pretty massive. It's been claimed to have been "debunked" two ways: 1) it's just a natural formation, nothing looks unusual about it at all (a geologist consulted by the Huffington Post said this), and then 2) people claiming that it's a digital artifact from the way the image was created. I'm not buying either one of them.

Claiming things are digital artifacts seems to be the go-to excuse for anything weird from Google Earth. And of course the people who promote this kind of stuff don't ever bother to prove it. So we're left with a very intriguing mystery as far as I'm concerned.

Jade
1st May 2015, 17:12
Yes absolutely, this is another formation which needs to be explored. Debunkers grasp at straws while the realistic possibilities stare them in the face, in most cases. It is good to use proper discernment but simply dismissing these as digital artifacts is (in my opinion) ignorant.

Jade
1st May 2015, 17:17
I found this easily enough on Google Maps and most definitely it appears to be less than natural. I am going to pass this on and see what I can find out about it.

Amanda
3rd May 2015, 05:27
Underwater bases seem to be a very real option for those who engage in critical thinking. The lines may be a distraction, in that, the underwater bases are nearby. With the advent of many many many people entering the awakened state and utilising the internet to explore their world - for the general populous to work out what is going on would be disadvantageous to the cabal/illuminati/whatever.

The lines do not appear to be natural so an ancient site of man made applications seems logical. What is nearby is what really interests me. Thanks for sharing.

Jade
8th May 2015, 14:03
I would agree completely, that there is a great chance this is an underwater base, likely of non human origin. I get the sense that even though this is on the bottom of the lake it is not really being hidden very well on purpose (if a base of intelligent origin), almost as if "they" want us to find it. In fact, I find the theory of it being a base of some type to be the most plausible, closely followed by ancient mining. But as you point out, the nearby structures are massive, to the scale of miles. This would have to be a MASSIVE mining operation (as far as today's mines go), and very ancient if it existed before the glacier which formed Lake Ontario. Even with GPS today I think that it would be very difficult to produce something of this scale with this type of linear perfection and we have not even seen what is really down there yet.