PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Chemicals Found In Teas

Altaira
20th March 2015, 20:01
A while ago here on TOT we discussed the benefits of the green tea. If you google it you will see how many studies in this topic and all of them claim that green tea is an amazing herb, Mike Adams the so called health ranger also promotes the amazing properties of the green tea. Thanks to Seikou-Kishi I found that green tea has certain amount of fluoride in it, I found more information about the fluoride in the tea leaves and since then I stopped consuming it. There are a lot more herbs with the same or even better properties. I even wrote an e-mail to Mike Adams and asked him why he doesn't say anything about it. His answer was that he will mention it to his researchers. I doubt he ever did.

Below is an article with an opinion on this topic.

Warning: Shocking Toxic Chemicals Found In Teas

Most conventional tea brands such as Lipton, Allegro, Celestial Seasonings, Tazo, Teavana, Bigelow, Republic of Tea, Twinings, Yogi, Tea Forte, Mighty Leaf, Trader Joe’s, Tetley contain really high levels of toxic substances such as fluoride and pesticides. We are not talking about calcium fluoride which is a natural element, but about the synthetic fluoride which is a toxic by product. These levels are dangerously high to the point of being considered unsafe. So drinking cheap tea can be as bad as eating junk food.

Cheap Tea Contains Fluoride and Pesticides

Most teas are not washed before being dried, thus non-organic teas contain pesticide residues. Some tea brands (even those claimed organic or pesticide free!) have recently been found to contain pesticides that are known carcinogens – in quantities above the US and EU limits!

A new study published in the journal of, Food Research International, found that cheaper blends contain enough fluoride to put people under the risk of many illnesses such as bone tooth, kidney problems and even cancer.

In fact, some brands of cheap tea contain nearly 7 parts per million (ppm) and the allowed level of fluoride is 4 ppm. This is quite scary since fluoride gets into your bones and accumulates in your body. It stays there for years.

So how did fluoride get into tea?

The tea plant accumulates fluoride as it grows. This means that old leaves contain the most fluoride. Cheaper quality teas are often made from old leaves that contain more fluoride than young tea leaves (here is an example) . Additionally, these cheaper brands use smaller leaves which contain more fluoride.

And what about decaffeinated tea?

Well, decaffeinated tea showed higher fluoride levels than caffeinated tea.

So what is the solution? Should you stop drinking tea all together? Of course not!

First of all, make sure to buy loose leaf tea and brew your tea from scratch. Bagged tea which might seem convenient and ready to go, is often made from low quality leaves which surely contain more fluoride.
Stick to white tea (here). It has the least amount of fluoride.
Buy organic tea because the methods for cultivation are more sophisticated and conscious. They might even use purified water for the soil.
We’ve just scratched the surface here, please check out Food Babe’s full report for more detailed information and a chart of which teas came out with their reputations intact – and please share with your tea-loving friends! http://foodbabe.com/2013/08/21/do-you-know-whats-really-in-your-tea/

Ria
20th March 2015, 20:33
I'm having a sulky pout about it, I like my earlgrey tea and lady grey tea.:(

Tribe
20th March 2015, 21:40
Altaira has a wonderful teapot that you can put leaves into a small chamber in the pot ! i think this is marvellous as i can't stand faffing around , i want easy ! so yup I'm looking for a pot of my own and some loose leaves ! xx

NANUXII
20th March 2015, 23:29
damn , i just made some ... hmmm ill make sure next time ..

N

sandy
20th March 2015, 23:45
I don't want to wake up about coffee either, so please don't post anything about my favourite drink of all time>>>>condolences to you Tea Drinkers. :hmm:

lookbeyond
20th March 2015, 23:50
I don't want to wake up about coffee either, so please don't post anything about my favourite drink of all time>>>>condolences to you Tea Drinkers. :hmm:

me too Sandy! btw beautiful new avatar photo!

NANUXII
20th March 2015, 23:57
Coffee is great , if you like to starve your self of vitamins and minerals... Caffiene blocks receptors to benefit its absorbtion, this affects the way your body absorbs vital minerals and vitamins.
But i dont think it has as high a concentration of fluoride as tea. then again it might..

the truth is , while fluoride is being happily put into out drinking water it will end up everywhere unless the water you irrigate with and drink comes from pure mountain filtration.

the plants will absorb fluoride and then we either eat it , drink , it , shower in it .. its only the 4th most toxic chemical on the table.. so it could be worse. mind you i dont think that fluoride is the only chemical they put in our water ...

fluoride may well be the distraction.

NANUXII
20th March 2015, 23:59

love the new pic Sandy ! who is the little cutie with you ?

ronin
21st March 2015, 00:05
love the new pic Sandy ! who is the little cutie with you ?

Sandy is reconnecting with her family.
all is good.

sandy
21st March 2015, 02:59
Yes ronin/manny..........

how wonderful that you remember my isolation angst from a few years ago or else it is your great intuition as family is back in my life and all is good........ Probably always was, just had to go through another dark soul of the night to appreciate and be grateful for what is! Surrender, acceptance and detachment became big lessons. :flag:

The cutie is my oldest granddaughter, and she is just a beautiful inside too, unless the reference is to my little girl Chloe who is a fairly recent joy I have acquired in the past 2 years. She is quite a little Diva and NO she does not take after her companion :whstl:

By the way Nanu........did you not see the post that I didn't want any negative info on coffee. Good thing I have reverse osmosis water and live in a little hamlet that can't afford to buy fluoride to put in the water treatment system. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :onthequite: :tea:

Thanks for the positive feedback on my new pic :winner: I got called a Granny on another forum yesterday so thought I better update my pic and prove them right..............:h5: sorry for the detour :back to topic:

NANUXII
21st March 2015, 05:59
Hey Sandy , i was referring to Chloie , i love dogs !

they are amazing companions , some of the best healers too and i must say i learned the true meaning of unconditional love from my dog years ago.

No matter what happened the day before she nearly wet her self with excitement every time she saw me. Very special beings.,

: 0)

N

PS , i hear you regarding the coffee , i was just guided to stop drinking it my self so i share your affection , not only did one of my friends break my beautiful sunbeam coffee machine , i went to get some coffee out of the cupboard and it fell out of my hands right into the trash bin ! so i rescued the package out of the bin and put it back in the cupboard.. as i was doing this i was handling a bottle of vinegar and i said ,
" i am not giving up my coffee " right as i said that the bottle flew out of my hand and hit me on the foot !

i havent had coffee since .. oooh ... its not been easy ... sigh

Seikou-Kishi
21st March 2015, 06:18
I'm having a sulky pout about it, I like my earlgrey tea and lady grey tea.:(

You can still have Earl and Lady Grey teas. To make them, get loose black tea as directed in Altaira's origial post and add a couple of drops of oil. For Earl Grey, add pure bergamot oil, for Lady Grey, add a mix of bergamot, lemon and orange oils. This way, you get the reassurance of using better-quality tea and the familiar taste you love.

Altaira
21st March 2015, 08:51
Well first here what I found about the levels of fluoride in the food.
Below are typical trace levels of fluoride, measured in parts per million (ppm), found in foods and drinks tested at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry.

3.73 ppm Brewed black tea

2.34 ppm Raisins

2.02 ppm White wine

1.09 ppm Apple- flavored juice drink

0.91 ppm Brewed coffee

0.71 ppm Tap water (U.S.-wide average)

0.61 ppm Chicken soup broth

0.60 ppm Diet Coke (U.S.-wide average)

0.48 ppm Hot dog

0.46 ppm Grapefruit juice

0.45 ppm Beer

0.45 ppm Baked russet potatoes

0.35 ppm Cheddar cheese

0.33 ppm Flour tortillas

0.32 ppm Creamed corn (baby food)

0.23 ppm Chocolate ice cream

0.13 ppm Brewed chamomile tea

0.03 ppm Milk (2%)

http://fluoridealert.org/articles/scientific-american-second-thoughts-about-fluoride-excerpts/

NANUXII
22nd March 2015, 02:59
OK Did some research on Sodium Fluoride and id like to present how to counter effect Bioavailability.

In a Cox Proportional hazard model Calium Chloride reduces bioavalability of Sodium Fluoride by about 33%

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11527228

Sodium Fluoride MSDS ( post this on your local bulletin board ) i post this on my local bulletin board , invariably some government goon comes and tares ot down.

I poisoned the mind of a government lackey just the other day in the shopping mall , he was handing out vote cards for the new local election, i asked him if the local member is going to take Sodium Fluoride out of our water ? He said Australia is 13 th highest in teeth health in the world , and i pointed out to him the top 5 are third world countries lol

Then i told him its the 4th most toxic in the periodic table and asked if he had kids... he stopped brushing me off at that point and asked me some questions , i ened up telling him to look up the MSDS ..

He looked like the kind of guy that would really be a pain in the arse if he wanted to get the truth on something .. like me .,. i guess i picked the right guy , i do this all the time by the way , its our job to un poison the minds of the ones who believe they are doing good for our communities. Get to them , they can help make the beurocrats lives a living hell : 0)

http://hazard.com/msds/mf/baker/baker/files/s3722.htm

sandy
22nd March 2015, 03:12
I agree Nanu and always affirm truths or lack thereof, thus appear to be a bubble popper for the most part where ever I go.............:smile2:

NANUXII
22nd March 2015, 08:44
lol I bet you do Sandy : 0)

heres some more on the use of Calcium Chloride

http://www.livestrong.com/article/457871-how-does-calcium-chloride-work/

I think this can help reduce and extract the negative effects of Fluoride, i read that it helps reduce its half life over time. It takes about 8 years to get that stuff out of your bones etc.

Im looking into a suppliment , if anybody finds a good one please let us know.

N

another great article , lots of good info here

http://www.globalrph.com/calcium_supplements.htm

Altaira
22nd March 2015, 09:47
This is very interesting, not much info but still says a lot about fluoride elimination.

Calcium can counteract fluoride damage
SOURCE

Duke University Medical Centre

A study has found that an increase in calcium in diet can help widespread dental health problems caused by excessive fluoride consumption in remote regions of Ethiopia.

The areas have high levels of naturally occurring fluoride in the groundwater which harms tooth enamel and bones if too much is consumed.

An effort has been on treating the drinking water to reduce fluoride levels but fluoride levels were found to be too high for the process to be effective.

The study found that alternatively, calcium can be increased in the villagers' diet to help prevent fluoride damage.

Increased numbers of fluorosis have been reported around the globe, which highlights the importance of this study as global warming could worsen the quality of drinking water in upcoming years.

http://theconversation.com/calcium-can-counteract-fluoride-damage-6746

Altaira
22nd March 2015, 10:01
THis is quite interesting.

Avoidance of any fluoride from all sources, including hidden sources:
The following list describes things that you can start doing immediately. It will take a while, but slowly
your symptoms will dissipate. At some point or points in the detoxification of your body you may even
feel worse for a short time, but if it's due to the detoxification process, then it's a good sign and
should be short lived. You must be VERY careful not to expose yourself to fluoride in any form.
Unfortunately, in our world, this takes constant vigilance.
. If you are living in a fluoridated community, try to avoid drinking, cooking with, and even bathing in
that water as much as possible.
. Throw away that fluoride toothpaste!! Non-fluoride toothpaste can be found in health food stores
(but also try to avoid SLS - sodium lauryl sulfate - which is a chemical in many toothpastes, even
those found in health food stores).
. Avoid chicken baby foods, chicken McNuggets, Vienna sausages, and any other formed chicken
products. Any meats that are separated from the bone by a machine will get bone dust in them.
Bones, just like teeth, absorb fluoride. Studies shows babies can ingest too much fluoride simply from
eating chicken baby foods daily.
. Fluorinated pesticides on all foods is a problem, and washing does not remove all pesticides. Since
grapes have more surface area, grape juice can have very high levels of fluoride. Please start to
immediately buy and eat only organic produce.
. Any food or beverage that contains water and is made in a fluoridated area will have fluoride
content. Here is a list of some: http://www.bruha.com/pfpc/html/f-_in_food.html
. Canned and bottled soft drinks, fruit juices, beer and wine and some bottled water have a
fluoride content not listed on their label. If you use bottled water, call the manufacturer to find the
fluoride levels, if any. Wines made from non-organic grapes have especially high fluoride content.
. Even if you don't drink your fluoridated water, when you go to a local restaurant, the water they use
for their drinks, soups, gravies, rice, etc. is from the tap, so it's fluoridated.
. Many medicines, including several antidepressants and antibiotics, are heavily fluorinated. Always
ask about any medicines that are prescribed to you to find out fluoride content.
. Since the ocean contains approximately 1.4 ppm fluoride, ocean fish, such as tuna, contains fluoride.
Fluoride in any fish is especially concentrated when it is canned, especially because canned fish often
contains bones. Avoid all canned fish.
. Fluoride can be inhaled via ocean mist, air pollution, e.g. from coal burning buildings & aluminum
and many other manufacturing sources, and from cold water humidifiers if fluoridated water is used.
. Less obvious dental products like tooth-colored filling material and some cements, rubber bands for
braces and floss can contain fluoride.
. Avoid all pesticides, refrigeration coolants, fluxes, professional window washing chemicals, and any
other household or industrial product that may contain fluoride/fluorine compound in any form. If you
are not sure, study ingredients, call the manufacturer, or research on the web.
4. It's very hard to avoid fluoride, but ingesting recommended amounts of
nutrients is very helpful in counteracting fluoride's ill effects and the only
side effects are better overall health.
. Calcium, magnesium, vitamins A, C, D, K and probably more are required nutrients to prevent tooth
decay. Several of these have been shown to reverse severe fluorosis. Make sure your child gets his
calcium/magnesium requirements and eats the recommended amount of (organically grown) fruits
and vegetables each day.
. Calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C are essential in offsetting symptoms of fluoride poisoning. Try
to eat calcium and magnesium rich foods, including green leafy vegetables - just make SURE they are
organically grown/produced (including milk products, although milk itself should be avoided while
detoxifying). Vitamin and mineral supplements are useful and can be important – in theory. The
trouble with calcium and magnesium (and other) supplements is that they are very often
contaminated with fluoride, and one never can tell, as most labs do not even test for F content. (We
are working to find a good source of F-free supplements that we can suggest to people.)
. Buying and eating organically produced produce and processed foods is your best bet at being sure
that your food is as fluoride free as possible. To be sure about ingredients in your food, try to cook all
of your meals from “scratch”, so you are familiar with all the ingredients.

The whole article here (http://www.slweb.org/Protocol.pdf)

Also more about FLUORIDE IN FOOD P1 (http://poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/f-_in_food.html)

And P2 (http://poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/f-_in_food__pt__2.html)

johnjen325
23rd March 2015, 07:02
Tea is a subject with which I am somewhat familiar.

I was ‘trained’ by a 3rd generation Tea Master from a tea growing family from Taiwan.
He taught me about the how’s, where, etc. of tea appreciation and the art of it all.

And the world of tea is as complex and involved (and more so) than wine.
And like wine, tea has a commodity aspect to it as well.

But there is an exquisite side to tea that most are not familiar, unless you know someone who has been trained in the art of how to ‘properly’ make tea.

As to the poisons found in tea…
This is true for most ‘commodity’ teas but this situation is usually assiduously avoided by the hi-end tea growers.
And most every tea that comes from a box or a bag is a commodity.
Now this isn’t always true, but I have only run across 1 tea that was a hi-end tea, in a bag.
With one exception, that being the teas that Ten Ren sells.
http://www.tenren.com
This is a decent place to start with decent whole leaf teas, with plenty of room to explore not only different types of tea but also different ‘grades’ of tea as well.

Most all ‘good’ teas are loose leaf.
Again with a few exceptions (Pu Erh for instance) most of the tea grown in china is of the commodity type.
While Taiwan is where the ‘good stuff’ comes from, or can depending upon the source(s).

And as for the fluoride contents in tea, yes it is there, but in very differing amounts (depending on the particular tea), but also it occurs naturally within the plant, as in it is ‘buffered’ by the plant’s biochemistry itself.
And this version of this element is very different than the poison that is added to the water supply. This crap/waste by-product of smelting (among other sources), is in no way a naturally occurring substance.

In short tea is a complex subject and due to the continually changing dynamic that is involved with growing tea, it’s rather hard to determine how much of what chemical compounds are in what tea, as it changes from season to season and year to year.

And of any of the available liquids we have available for consumption including just good ol’ water, tea has proven itself over millennia to be quite help and healthful.

But I’d suggest that some degree of care and attention to detail be applied in choosing the tea and in preparing it.

Just my 2˘

JJ