PDA

View Full Version : Which health professional do I need?

Sooz
15th March 2015, 06:31
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can guide me to which health professional to approach. In the last few weeks my neck is not as flexible as it used to be when turning my head to the left and is a bit painful. Turning my head to the right is fine and I can see behind me. Also base spine area is quite sore when getting up from sitting at my computer.

I noticed today my old Birkenstock sandals, the left shoe tread is fairly even, but the right sandal is very worn on the left hand side, on the heel - I feel there is a clue there, a skeletal problem, i.e., the spine not in alignment and not a muscular issue, but I may be wrong, that's just my gut feeling.

Not sure where to address my issues...Chiropractor? Remedial massage? - but there are so many types of massage; deep tissue, myofascial, trigger point, muscle energy, lymphatic and others I can't even spell, bowen technique?

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any advice.:D

Sooz

GCS1103
15th March 2015, 07:37
I think starting with a chiropractor may be your best first option. You may have a pinched nerve from a misalignment of the spine that can cause the neck pain. It's possible you might also have sciatica, which starts in the base spine area and works it way down the leg, if it's not treated. Chiropractors treat both of these conditions. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Cearna
15th March 2015, 07:41
I did a course on Bowen therapy and the lady I used to go to for body work and her partner used it on me with great success. It is maybe not as hard on you as a chiropractor might be, although they can really help in neck issues. I would be more inclined to think in terms of looking at your available therapists, and if possible ask around your friends about the general feeling of whose good and who is not, this can make quite a lot of difference. Even acupuncture can hone in to fix this sort of problem.

One thing you might consider is the fact of how you stand. I did ballroom dancing and had to give it up because so many things you do are one footed and this can put your body out of balance. Later, I went to belly dancing because my Arab friend insisted I should try it, same thing happened got out of balance from the one footed stance you use.

Do you when standing, tend to pull your body to one side in a virtual one footed stance, and one thing that was pointed out to me was to always when getting out of bed make sure that you put both feet on the ground before you stand. I only included this because you did dancing once upon a time and may have begun a pattern of being one footed rather than having a two footed stance.

Hey, I hate to say it but, you know that time when I gave you those energies to use? Well, if you use the absent healing method, and put the sphere in between your two hands as described in the healing thread, then ask the one I sent to you to help you with healing, to put the parts of your body in need of help, into that sphere. Once your hands start to show a sign of interacting with the sphere you can put that sphere either down onto yourself (stomach area is always good) and put your hand over where you put that sphere and heal it for as long as you can. The energy will put healing into those parts of the body, then your body can use the energy to fix itself up. Or, simply put your hand over the sore spot, for a place like the neck it may be easier to lie down, but for the spine you need to use the absent method.

OK, I asked Ivan to go have a quick look, he could see some inflammation, so suggested you use an anti-inflammatory (whatever you wish to use) and suggests acupuncture or the use of some kind of energy, so you can be more kind to yourself. Most of the modalities will help, but if inflammation, then some can be a bit painful to work with till the inflammation is reduced. Hope you don't mind me sending Ivan, but I'v to start our meal now and wanted to get something written to you. Love colleen Also Ides of March the wolf's birthday so must away.

DNA
15th March 2015, 08:08
I used to do Yoga religously when I smoked the green herb. It's funny, I've thought about taking up smoking the green herb again just because of it's amazing power over me. It's as if when I smoke, my body's ability to think supercedes my normal thinking for once.

I say this because I've got some body issues that would soon be cured if I just put some time into yoga.

If you see a chiropractor, ask around and find one that can pop the arches of your feet.
It's amazing how much can be thrown out of whack by arches that are not aligned in your feet.

Elbie
15th March 2015, 08:24
sooz, consider alphabiotics.

it's when you mentioned your sandals , one being printed on more strongly than the other, that made me remember my exact same noticing some years ago.. only i didn't let it develop into anything painful, just thought it was an interesting prelude into what may happen..
i searched up and must say got disappointed to find the most experienced practitioner had moved to Australia - i settled for his student who in fact did do nicely..i'm now thinking, you may get a greater selection over in aus.

very gentle technique and not as expensive compared to bowen, chiro and other. with me, it had additional bonus effect, but i won't describe it here..

in all, it's about re- alignment of your atlas bone. it easily gets out of whack in most people and it goes unnoticed until it starts to create serious issues.

i only stopped my further sessions because my practitioner started to tell me how he "liked my energy" much too often.
so he had to go.

Sooz
15th March 2015, 08:53
Thanks guys and gals. All good info. Thank you so much GCS, Cearna, DNA, Elbie for all your advice. Much appreciated.

I will 'sleep' on it and see what resonates in the morning of where to go. I've got the feeling it may develop into something else later on in life, if I don't address it now.

Thankfully where I live (near Byron Bay), is very 'alternative' as far as health issues are concerned. Not hard to find anyone, just difficult to make a choice.

Will certainly look up alphabiotics, never heard of it before. Got me intrigued now...lol...

Thanks!
Sooz
x

sandy
15th March 2015, 16:27
Wishing you quick, long lasting healing success with your choices Sooz.

Who knows, maybe you will end up using a combination of a few to ensure, no down the road problems will occur. I envy your alternative choices as here they are few and far in between as well as expensive so all the odds are on your side, especially with You in your corner first and foremost.

Just got to love TOT's resourceful caring community. :group hug: