PDA

View Full Version : Island Where Everybody Lives Completely Off The Grid

Ria
7th March 2015, 14:34
Take A Look At This Island Where Everybody Lives Completely “Off The Grid”
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/03/06/take-a-look-at-this-island-where-everybody-lives-completely-off-the-grid/

Earthships: The Amazingly Innovative Completely Off-Grid Home
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/16/earthships-the-amazingly-innovative-completely-off-grid-home/

Tonz
7th March 2015, 15:07
Looks like paradise to me , and the old guy climbing cutting wood healthier than a fox , must be something to it.

Lillith
7th March 2015, 16:34
I love the earthship concept. I would like to live in an environment like that.

Elbie
7th March 2015, 16:52
Earthships: The Amazingly Innovative Completely Off-Grid Home
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/16/earthships-the-amazingly-innovative-completely-off-grid-home/

bludy brilliant..utterly fabulous!

Verum
7th March 2015, 18:46
Sounds great but imagine it would take some getting used to and real committment

NANUXII
7th March 2015, 23:35
bludy brilliant..utterly fabulous!

Ditto ! how much fun would it be to hang out with all those St Bernards !

I think designing and building the home would be an absolutely amazing experience ... hmmm

N

sandy
8th March 2015, 01:07
Sorry, and sad to say, but I have grown too soft for all that hard work....................living in the boonies is tough enough for this old bird :)

NANUXII
8th March 2015, 06:14
Sorry, and sad to say, but I have grown too soft for all that hard work....................living in the boonies is tough enough for this old bird :)

Wha Chu talkin Bout Willis ? lol one man there was 84 and axing fire logs, i think the life actually keep you young by virtue it negates the idea of aging. Personally i believe Aging is consentual.

Ria
8th March 2015, 07:37
A

Wha Chu talkin Bout Willis ? lol one man there was 84 and axing fire logs, i think the life actually keep you young by virtue it negates the idea of aging. Personally i believe Aging is consuntual.
I understand what Sandy is saying, if she had started a couple of decades back it might be a diffrent story for her.

My step father has always been a very active man and planned his life and retirement accordingly, with his pension fund he brought himself a bigger boat, he now cannot manage it with out help and looks like an increasing liability.
My own father was very active and died 1989 he was in his late 60s an uncal who was very fit pop his clogs at 45. All these men worked for them selves doing what they wonted and looked forward to life.

My point having a healthy long life dose not come with a guarantee.

Tolerance in a community for those less able is an interesting test.

Finhorn community in Scotland was started in 1962 the originals that started it up put in there money and labour and got it going, it has grown in size, now there has been a problem with later arrivals wanting to have every one put in the same kind of work and time when there is an age gap of 30/40/50 years.

Seikou-Kishi
8th March 2015, 11:25
I agree with Nanuxii's idea that ageing is consensual — as is general enfeeblement. People believe they are getting older or adopt a particular mindset and the body changes in conformity. This is not a criticism any more than it is a criticism to say a high sugar diet threatens diabetes with every mouthful. It is purely mechanical. Nothing is permanent and ageing can be reversed the same way it is ushered on. Diabetes can be reversed in the same way — but shh, let's not rock any boats ;-)

That Guy
8th March 2015, 11:30
Sorry, and sad to say, but I have grown too soft for all that hard work....................living in the boonies is tough enough for this old bird

You are my favorite blue haired avian:h5:

Ria
8th March 2015, 12:19
I agree with Nanuxii's idea that ageing is consensual — as is general enfeeblement. People believe they are getting older or adopt a particular mindset and the body changes in conformity. This is not a criticism any more than it is a criticism to say a high sugar diet threatens diabetes with every mouthful. It is purely mechanical. Nothing is permanent and ageing can be reversed the same way it is ushered on. Diabetes can be reversed in the same way — but shh, let's not rock any boats ;-)

The consensual mind set did not apply in the cases I quoted knowing the persons I'm referring too, but would agree mind set helps with everything. Also interesting to note your own mind set to the points brought up or lack of.

Seikou-Kishi
8th March 2015, 20:46
Your inference is none of my business ;-)

Ria
8th March 2015, 21:15
How wonderful.
and
What you think of me is non of my business. :spinning:

:hilarious:

sandy
9th March 2015, 01:24
AND IMHO all points have validity, one way or another..... I take responsibility for my softness all the way around hahhahahahaha........................:)Thanks That Guy :h5: except I'm a speckled old bird versus versus Blue Avian :belief:

Seikou-Kishi
9th March 2015, 08:44
How wonderful.
and
What you think of me is non of my business. :spinning:

:hilarious:

I wish more people lived up to this. It's a strange thing to see people getting bent out of shape by the opinions of people who don't even mean anything to them. So many people bend over backwards trying to prove themselves (or disprove others)... It's so frantic and undignified lol.