PDA

View Full Version : Iodine Supplement

Calabash
10th January 2015, 13:59
Hi guys

I'd like your input on this one. I've come across articles, like the one below, about iodine therapy and while I'm fortunate enough to be healthy and well, I do have a few ongoing issues that I would like to address. They're (probably) just down to ageing - :onthequite: - and I have nothing at all to complain about in comparison to people who live with chronic illnesses. But I do find it hard to lose weight, regardless of diet and exercise, I get tired in the middle of the day (like I could fall asleep at my desk), and I have very dry skin and hair, all of which are symptoms of iodine deficiency.

The last thing I want to do is to upset my (relatively) good health, however, and so I wonder whether anybody here uses iodine as a supplement and would recommend it, or whether they know of anybody else who had positive reactions. Of course I'd also like to know of anybody who tried it and their tits/nuts now touch the floor and they're bald with bulging eyes! Not a good look.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DK2fcQ-qges/TryoQfNUymI/AAAAAAAAA4E/lfFA9vjwJsY/s1600/th_Gran.jpg

Thanks guys. Here's a link to the article:

http://www.laurapower.com/page26.html

PurpleLama
10th January 2015, 15:40
I've taken Atomidine from heritagestore.com for years, although I plan on getting some nascent iodine from them or baar.com and giving that a whirl sometime this spring. Taking atomidine opened things up a bit, spiritually speaking, but the nascent iodine ought to have similar effect, and I look forward to seeing what the difference is. Atomidine is also the best topical antiseptic and styptic money can buy as a bonus.

PurpleLama
10th January 2015, 15:41
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H4HBJNE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1420907930&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

Something like this would be good for you to take, as well, I bet. Dropsies in the afternoon also speaks of adrenal fatigue.

modwiz
10th January 2015, 15:42
I've taken Atomidine from heritagestore.com for years, although I plan on getting some nascent iodine from them or baar.com and giving that a whirl sometime this spring. Taking atomidine opened things up a bit, spiritually speaking, but the nascent iodine ought to have similar effect, and I look forward to seeing what the difference is. Atomidine is also the best topical antiseptic and styptic money can buy as a bonus.

I keep the Atomodine you sent me on my desk at all times. Remember to use it most days too. Glad to have it around. Thank you.

gardener
10th January 2015, 16:20
Hello Modwiz I have been using lugols solution at first I did have good results but seem to be waning can you advise. thank you regards gardener.

norman
10th January 2015, 16:22
Be careful which iodine you get. Very little of the stuff available is fit for internal consumption.

What Modwiz and Purplelama are talking about is nothing like the iodine sold for medical cleaning.

PurpleLama
10th January 2015, 16:40
Yeah, the stuff norman refers to we called betadine, and a couple drops of that stuff will kill you if you drink it. Great as an antiseptic, though.

modwiz
10th January 2015, 17:32
Hello Modwiz I have been using lugols solution at first I did have good results but seem to be waning can you advise. thank you regards gardener.

I liked Lugol's but ran out and the atomodine is good. I cannot advise on anything beyond a daily dose supplementation which can vary depending on which solution one is using. Atomodine is simple. 1 drop a day. As for results, after my deficiency abated there are no further "results". However, I was treating no condition other than deficiency. Some of the results were psycho-spiritual. Which would figure owing to increased thyroid function. It has been helpful in keeping my body clear after Lyme. As well as an oregano herb supplement.

Juniper
10th January 2015, 17:40
Hi, Calabash.

After listening to the podcast on Patrick Timpone's site:

http://oneradionetwork.com/health/phil-thomas-teachings-edgar-cayce-detoxified-iodine-natural-alternatives-balance-heal-november-20-2014/

I purchased through Phil Thomas' site http://www.iodinesource.com the detoxified iodine product.

All the information is on the podcast and best of all Phil Thomas will answer any questions you may have about a product by email.

All the best.

Calabash
10th January 2015, 18:05
Thank you to all who have responded. I've never heard of atomodine before and I'm going to try it.

I do have lugol's iodine, which I use diluted in my waterpik to allay gum disorders. It has done the trick but I knew I shouldn't be swallowing it. (You can do a coconut oil pull afterwards as well, which also stops it from staining the teeth). Some people recommend painting it on the soles of feet (strange though it may seem I have also heard that Vick's vapour rub rubbed on the soles of feet makes it easier to breathe at night if you have a cold/bunged up nose. Please don't ask why/how it works but it does seem to . . .:shocked:

Odd remedies that work would make a good thread on the forum.

Thank you again :)

NANUXII
10th January 2015, 21:04
Hello Calabash , may i have permission to connect with you energetically and examine your akashic records ? i should be able to get an idea of a series of remedies to help you.

let me know

hugs

N

Highland1
10th January 2015, 22:07
I have been taking 3 drops of lugols iodine in a glass of filtered water daily for nearly 4 months now with no ill or side effects.
No obvious noticeable benefits other than I feel much calmer in nature than prior to taking it.
Having said that, I also ingest encapsulated vitamin c, which I make myself, vitamin d3 and organic sulphur daily also.
I tend to cram in as much vitamin goodness as I can....if only to compensate for the not so good things I ingest.

Russ

Pris
10th January 2015, 23:55
Hello, Calabash! :) I had hypothyroidism (don't know if I still do, haven't checked) and was on a fair amount of Synthroid for many years. When I found out it was probably damaging my thyroid further, I decided to get myself off of it even though my doctor said there was no cure and thought I was nuts. Never had a conventional doctor since.

To slowly get myself off Synthroid, I took Lugol's Solution (the oral stuff), one drop per day if I remember. At first, I seemed allergic to it because I'd put it on my skin first (absorb through skin to see what would happen) and my skin would rash a bit. I refused to stop taking the iodine and hoped my body would begin to tolerate it -- which it did. And, then I took it orally. It wasn't easy getting off Synthroid even though I did it slowly. My hair fell out, my neck swelled up, I had no energy. The first few weeks were worst. Meanwhile, I kept up with the iodine. It took many months before my body started to normalize. I was hoping my thyroid would 'kick in' which it finally seemed to do.

Eventually, I gained my health back -- my hair, my body warmth, energy. Up to that point, I took multivitamins and mineral supplements as well. I did this for about two years.

Then, I found out about distilled water (drinking a gallon/day) and Urine Therapy so I stopped the iodine and vitamins and minerals all together.

So, with the distilled water and Urine Therapy, I added vegetarian yeast support flakes to my diet, raw dried seaweed, ground flax, and coconut oil (and now Agar Agar).

I also eat a restrictive vegan diet (avoiding things like Canola oil, margarine, sugar etc) taking care to not eat too much of the foods that interfere with thyroid function (like soy and broccoli).

It's been about two years ago now (without the iodine) and I feel great.

So, I'd say the iodine works.

Distilled water/Urine Therapy also works.

Careful diet choices are important as well.

Hope this helps. ^_^

Cearna
11th January 2015, 00:52
I have always suffered from a thyroid problem - however, the doctors' testings are pretty useless because what my thyroid was doing was swinging wildly from over to under all throughout the day. This was noticed by my iridologist/herbalist, who gave me herbal strength medicine, and was best checked in periodic visits to her. The strange thing was that I was doing handwriting therapy at the same time, and that lady pointed out to me both a thyroid problem and sinus problem.

In your ordinary handwriting, the clue for sinus is to look for the flattening out of the tops of loops such as h's,l's .
The clue for thyroid is in f's, the lower loop, will instead of being straight up and down, will do a big swing, backwards - to the left, you can't help yourself it will just happen as long as you are not thinking about it. To make inroads into both problems, make deliberate efforts to make the loops work properly. Also if you watch, the size of the loops top and bottom of all f's so that they are approximately the same size above and below, then your thinking and doing will become more even and you will become more balanced. What happens if you don't use loops I'm not too sure.

Also if you buy an organic roll on of magnesium oil and roll it on the thyroid each day, that should help.

Calabash
11th January 2015, 02:34
Hello Calabash , may i have permission to connect with you energetically and examine your akashic records ? i should be able to get an idea of a series of remedies to help you.

let me know

hugs

N

Very kind of you to offer Nanu, but no thank you.

gardener
11th January 2015, 13:30
Hello again Modwiz and thank you for you very helpful advice, just wanted to say I also use wild oregano oil capsules, would that be what you have? I truly appreciate you help thank you. kind regards Gardener.

gardener
11th January 2015, 13:37
Hello Calabash I was taking it 5 drops a day and I was swallowing it due to following advice on you tube, so if you don't swallow it then can you tell me how to use it? than you regards Gardener.

Calabash
11th January 2015, 15:31
Hello Calabash I was taking it 5 drops a day and I was swallowing it due to following advice on you tube, so if you don't swallow it then can you tell me how to use it? than you regards Gardener.

I didn't think it was suitable to swallow but I put 9 drops into a full waterpik tank, sloosh my teeth with it until empty, then I take a spoonfull of coconut oil (which is solid at room temperature), chew it around a bit and swill it in and out of my teeth like a mouthwash (this sounds horrible but it's ok) and then spit it out. And then I brush and floss my teeth normally. I only do the iodine/oil pull once a week to prevent gum disease/cavities, although brush my teeth twice a day as usual.

The iodine I was thinking of taking was:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21axlLtnPhL._AA160_.jpg
which is £29.99 for 90 tabs or £39.99 for 180

The book I read about iodine supplements mentioned a "boing" moment within two hours of taking it - two tabs I think. This is a pic of the book. But I wanted to find out whether any forum members could vouch for it first, and look at the feedback . . . . . well worth asking the question imo :) - thanks guys.

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1370205033l/17847725.jpg

But now I've sent off for PL's atomodine instead - perhaps it'll give me great curly hair too (why not . . .?)

Elbie
11th January 2015, 15:32
Hello again Modwiz and thank you for you very helpful advice, just wanted to say I also use wild oregano oil capsules, would that be what you have? I truly appreciate you help thank you. kind regards Gardener.

sorry to butt in..it's just to say wild origano drops do a wonder for me..i.e. you may well forget antibiotics...also, iodine from sea kelp supplement tablets is a harmless way to take iodine by ingesting as well as unrefined sea salt which contains iodine naturally.

bw

Altaira
11th January 2015, 15:33
Hi Calabash, you might have Magnesium deficiency as the symptoms you experience are also for magnesium deficiency. However taking iodine occasionally is good to fill in some nutritional gaps. We are all deficient in so many elements, minerals and vitamins.

Pris
11th January 2015, 21:04
Btw, to make iodine drops taste more palatable, you can mix one drop (or more) in a cup of water with a squirt (teaspoon?) of apple cider vinegar. That's what I did and it helps to 'get it down' (only just). (You have to be careful not to mix iodine with the wrong thing.)

PurpleLama
11th January 2015, 21:16
I will take two or three oz of Apple vinegar and mix with 4 or 6 oz of water and chug that (nasty sh!t) stuff down. It cures what ails you.

PurpleLama
11th January 2015, 21:18
It also makesme do this weird twitchy dance around the kitchen.
Good on you, Calabash. A bottle of the 'dine will last you about a year or two, taking it as a supplement.

modwiz
11th January 2015, 21:21
Good on you, Calabash. A bottle of the 'dine will last you about a year or two, taking it as a supplement.
Your post reminded me to take mine today. I have no problem with the flavor. Medicinal tasting to me. Kind of cleansing scent too.

modwiz
11th January 2015, 22:08

I use OregoMax. I buy it on Amazon. I work with two caps a day post acute Lyme. The engineered bugs are harder for the immune system to figure out. They are engineered to resist allopathic anti-biotics.

Calabash
11th January 2015, 22:47

Wot - like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnxLjbwmJjM
I'm a secret antodine drinker . . . . :)

PurpleLama
11th January 2015, 23:50
More flailing about than that.

To be clear, it's the vinegar that makes me do the dance, not the iodine supplement. Atomidine just makes my delicious Berkey water taste like tap water, no worse than that.